Trees in Kearny

slimster7

Why are the chopping all the trees down? On my way home from work I noticed several streets in Kearny with healthy trees chopped and ready to be fire wood. Healthy trees are being killed! Taking the trees away is a big mistake, not only are they a home for several animals, but also oxygen for us. And they are so beautiful. I can see trimming them so they don't touch the wires or the homes, but come on, cutting them down to nothing. It is such a shame. I know that it is the town workers job, but what a$$hole gave the order? Kearny is slowly but surely becoming to city like. It is so sad. :angry::lol:

Why are the chopping all the trees down?  On my way home from work I noticed several streets in Kearny with healthy trees chopped and ready to be fire wood.  Healthy trees are being killed!  Taking the trees away is a big mistake, not only are they a home for several animals, but also oxygen for us.  And they are so beautiful.  I can see trimming them so they don't touch the wires or the homes, but come on, cutting them down to nothing.  It is such a shame.  I know that it is the town workers job, but what a$$hole gave the order?  Kearny is slowly but surely becoming to city like.  It is so sad. :angry:  :lol:

Now why would anyone chop down healthy trees? Does that make any sense to you? Do you know the process for removing a tree? Do you know the checks and balances before a tree can be removed?

Before making accusations and name calling maybe you should make a few calls to the right people to get answers to the above questions.. It's people like you that enraged me when I lived in town.

Now why would anyone chop down healthy trees? Does that make any sense to you? Do you know the process for removing a tree? Do you know the checks and balances before a tree can be removed?

Before making accusations and name calling maybe you should make a few calls to the right people to get answers to the above questions.. It's people like you that enraged me when I lived in town.

When you lived in town? Shut up, you don't even live here. I know what is going on in this town. The trees do not have to be cut down. If they are rotten fine. But they are healthy. I have seen the same trees every day for the past 15 years. They should not be chopped down. They are cutting my neighbors trees down and they are not happy. I have been making the right calls, there are times when there is no answer and times when there isn't anyone available to take my calls. I just wanted to know why. Don't be such a nastyass, I am trying to find the answers. Next time you have anything to say about any town, make sure you live in that town.

Guest Guest
Why are the chopping all the trees down?  On my way home from work I noticed several streets in Kearny with healthy trees chopped and ready to be fire wood.  Healthy trees are being killed!  Taking the trees away is a big mistake, not only are they a home for several animals, but also oxygen for us.  And they are so beautiful.  I can see trimming them so they don't touch the wires or the homes, but come on, cutting them down to nothing.  It is such a shame.  I know that it is the town workers job, but what a$$hole gave the order?  Kearny is slowly but surely becoming to city like.  It is so sad. :lol:  :lol:

Of course it COULDNT be possibly that those old-growth trees roots are messing up the sidewalks, or penetrating the Foundations/cellars, or the water lines, or the sewer lines..of COURSE not..it HAS to be some arbitrary decision by some a$$hole..... :angry:

When you lived in town?  Shut up, you don't even live here.  I know what  is going on in this town.  The trees do not have to be cut down.  If they are rotten fine.  But they are healthy.  I have seen the same trees every day for the past 15 years.  They should not be chopped down.  They are cutting my neighbors trees down and they are not happy.  I have been making the right calls, there are times when there is no answer and times when there isn't anyone available to take my calls.  I just wanted to know why.  Don't be such a nastyass, I am trying to find the answers.  Next time you have anything to say about any town, make sure you live in that town.

:blink::D slimey hold on hes just doing what i hope ANY KEARNYITE SHOULD DO! he was born in town and has a birth right to see that the town lives! he mite not be right! but do not poo him! this is a very importent clame you make! and no i do not agree with all he says but if more old blood like him would care to give input the town would be better off! and he also knows whats in the dumps like ash pits and very hot chem pools! i would like him to post on that too!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Guest guest
Of course it COULDNT be possibly that those old-growth trees roots are messing up the sidewalks, or penetrating the Foundations/cellars, or the water lines, or the sewer lines..of COURSE not..it HAS to be some arbitrary decision by some a$$hole..... :blink:

Guest guest

I agree with the last poster. We had a tree in front of our house that had its roots completely exposed. Some large roots penetrated our sewer line and our neighbor's as well. It was not arbitrarily cut down; in fact, the previous owner had tried to have something done about it almost 4 years ago. The town had a tree surgeon come out, who determined it was also diseased and in danger of being uprooted. They removed it just this May. The town also has a policy of replacing trees that are cut down with other trees that have less invasive root systems. If you want to speak to someone about your concerns, ask for Mr. Carratura. If they're not answering your calls, they're probably out working. The tree dept. is not terribly big, and I believe they share their services with Harrison.

When you lived in town?  Shut up, you don't even live here.  I know what  is going on in this town.  The trees do not have to be cut down.  If they are rotten fine.  But they are healthy.  I have seen the same trees every day for the past 15 years.  They should not be chopped down.  They are cutting my neighbors trees down and they are not happy.  I have been making the right calls, there are times when there is no answer and times when there isn't anyone available to take my calls.  I just wanted to know why.  Don't be such a nastyass, I am trying to find the answers.  Next time you have anything to say about any town, make sure you live in that town.

So, you know what is going on in town? Then why all the questions?

When and if you decide to be civil about it, just ask and I will supply all the answers.

Guest Guest
:blink:  :D slimey hold on hes just doing what i hope ANY KEARNYITE SHOULD DO! he was born in town and has a birth right to see that the town lives! he mite not be right! but do not poo him! this is a very importent clame you make! and no i do not agree with all he says but if more old blood like him would care to give input the town would be better off! and he also knows whats in the dumps like ash pits and very hot chem pools! i would like him to post on that too!!! :ph34r:  :ph34r:

what the hell is a calme ? poo head :lol::P

Guest Guest
:blink:  :D slimey hold on hes just doing what i hope ANY KEARNYITE SHOULD DO! he was born in town and has a birth right to see that the town lives! he mite not be right! but do not poo him! this is a very importent clame you make! and no i do not agree with all he says but if more old blood like him would care to give input the town would be better off! and he also knows whats in the dumps like ash pits and very hot chem pools! i would like him to post on that too!!! :ph34r:  :ph34r:

muh, muh, monkey.

Guest Guest

My tree was just cut down and it wasn't easy to get them to remove it. I waited months and made plenty of phone calls. My tree uprooted my sideway and my toilet was backing up constantly because of the roots from this tree. I have alot of damage done from that tree that I have to pay for. I'm just glad the finally cut it down. Thank You.

Guest Oncerned

The above post does deserve an answer, a true answer. The trucks you see in town cutting tree's are Nelson Tree Service hired by Public Service to cut and trim all tree's near the power wires, if it is a town truck they are doing it for a reason, as Ron D stated. In order for the Shade Tree to take a tree down they have to go through steps with the Beautification Commitee, the only time a tree is removed is if there is a potential hazzard, the roots are growing through pipes, and or have a disease. for the sidewalk, all they do is cut the roots after the walk is lifted. The reason I know about this is because I have inquired many times for different situations.

Guest Guest
The above post does deserve an answer, a true answer. The trucks you see in town cutting tree's are Nelson Tree Service hired by Public Service to cut and trim  all tree's near the power wires, if it is a town truck they are doing it for a reason, as Ron D stated. In order for the Shade Tree to take a tree down they have to go through steps with the Beautification Commitee, the only time a tree is removed is if there is a potential hazzard, the roots are growing through pipes, and or have a disease. for the sidewalk, all they do is cut the roots after the walk is lifted. The reason I know about this is because I have inquired many times for  different situations.

Some of the trucks where Kearny trucks. i alsop agree with the wire situation, but it is true some of the trees are healthy.

Its funny how people like slimster try to stir things up and when they're proven wrong, they just disappear.

No sweetie, I work for a living and take care of my family. I can't just sit on my a$$ and play with my computer all day like you. I have a life. I was not trying to stir up trouble, true I did not know all the facts, but it bothers me that some parts of this beautiful town are looking bare. If they cut a tree down put one back. Sorry to the people who have property damage, I was just thinking about our Earth. It is a shame that all nature is disappearing from Kearny. I did not know that that much damage was happening. At least I am big enough to say sorry. Now I have some answers.

Guest Guest
No sweetie, I work for a living and take care of my family.  I can't just sit on my a$$ and play with my computer all day like you. I have a life.  I was not trying to stir up trouble, true I did not know all the facts, but it bothers me that some parts of this beautiful town are looking bare.  If they cut a tree down put one back.  Sorry to the people who have property damage, I was just thinking about our Earth.  It is a shame that all nature is disappearing from Kearny.  I did not know that that much damage was happening.  At least I am big enough to say sorry.  Now I have some answers.

Ask first and I am sure you will get some answers. If the town doesn't help ask a neighbor. Some of them do speak a little english. All is forgiven.

:)

:P  :lol: slimey hold on hes just doing what i hope ANY KEARNYITE SHOULD DO! he was born in town and has a birth right to see that the town lives! he mite not be right! but do not poo him! this is a very importent clame you make! and no i do not agree with all he says but if more old blood like him would care to give input the town would be better off! and he also knows whats in the dumps like ash pits and very hot chem pools! i would like him to post on that too!!! :ph34r:  :ph34r:

:) Hi oldfart56. I understand, but there is no need for his ignorance. Thae gentleman does not live here anymore so he does not know what goes on here all the time. Unless people are feeding him bogus information. It is a proud feeling to know that people who used to live in town still care, but the whole tree situation is wrong. At least put a tree back when you cut one down. Our beautiful town is looking sad.