Mangin files to run for council

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?...9630.xml&coll=3

This story says Mangin filed to run as an independent in November's elections. The 3rd ward council woman got 195 votes in the primary. But this ward has another council woman who can surely get out more votes than that if needed. This board should endorse Mangin and get a debate going or something. It's time to put up and vote or shut up because no one else is bothering to change what is going on in this town.

Guest M. Ryan
http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?...9630.xml&coll=3

This story says Mangin filed to run as an independent in November's elections.  The 3rd ward council woman got 195 votes in the primary. But this ward has another council woman who can surely get out more votes than that if needed. This board should endorse Mangin and get a debate going or something. It's time to put up and vote or shut up because no one else is bothering to change what is going on in this town.

My family and I support him . Mangin has helped many residents in different wards.He cares about ALL residents.

Guest guest
Let him be Principal Of Kearny High, and give him Les Gaulton's job too while you're at it! :blink:

Just another Santos and puppet fan that is mad. Mad that Mangin is telling us the taxpayers things are wrong in the town hall. Funny how Santos and council is quite. No council person speaks up on this. We as TAXPAYERS DESERVE MORE!

Guest Guest
Just another Santos and puppet fan that is mad. Mad that Mangin is telling us the taxpayers things are wrong in the town hall. Funny how Santos and council is quite. No council person speaks up on this. We as TAXPAYERS DESERVE MORE!

Go to a meeting and ask the council some questions about what's going on. Now I know it's hard to do this due to the fact you must work to pay for your families needs and don't forget the taxes. But you should try. Remember the mayor gets to drive a car paid for by you the tax payer. Ask him if he thinks that's fair.

Guest Guest 11

What do you expect when all of them have absolutely no opposition in the elections. I guess all the people that would have run have moved.

Guest Guest
Mangin's petition was bounced by the Hudson County Clerk.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?...6510.xml&coll=3

Santos using his new postion within the county to pull some strings?

hudson county democrats can make anything happen. mangin knows that better n most. they dumped him last year and now with big al on board theyll make sure no one ever runs against a santos puppet again. santos is making this town just another cog in the democratic machine. and they called leo a dictator. who is going to fight this guy? i say we write in mangin's name in nov. its been done before. who's with me?

Guest guest
We need a slogan! Fundraisers! Signs! Ads! Jim, who is helping you with your campaign? Can we help?

Mangin is for all Kearny people ! MANGIN TELLS THE TAXPAYERS THE TRUTH! MANGIN IS NOT A PUPPET HE WILL SPEAK OUT FOR ALL OF US. Did the present council question the mayor? no all of them are puppets.

This is horrible ? Mr. Mangin please respond tell us what happened!

Well, what happened was Mayor Santos and Councilwoman Eckel tried to pull a "Hudson County fast one" on the people of Kearny. They scrutinized every single signature on my petition . . .

If they scrutinized their own budget the way they scrutinized my petition - I probably wouldn't be running!

Then they went to see the County Clerk. They brought a lot of phony claims, trumped-up charges, there was probably a lot of whining and pleading and finally, the Mayor threatened to hold his breath until my name was taken off the ballot.

The County Clerk (loyal Hudson County Dem, that he is) finally gave in and said, "Oh alright, enough already. Get up off the floor. I'll take him off the ballot."

There's just one problem. No one did their homework.

No one, not Mayor Santos, not Councilwoman Eckel, not County Clerk Inclan, bothered to check with the Supt. of Elections to see about the registration status of these people that supposedly were not registered.

All it took for me was to make one phone call to the Supt's office and *POOF* I'm back on the ballot again.

I don't get it. Did they think this would intimidate me into pulling out of the election? Are they that desperate?

This is going to be one very interesting election in November.

And all of you people have a front row seat!

Jim Mangin

ps - There's no truth to the rumor that upon learning that I have been reinstated and WILL be on the ballot in November, Mayor Santos blew up so much at Town Hall that they named the hurricaine in Florida after him.

Guest GUEST

GOOD LUCK IN NOV 2006 FOR COUNCIL SEAT.I AM NOT A RESIDENT OF KEARNY OR ELSE YOUWOULD HAVE MY VOTE BUT I LIVE IN HARRISON .THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN KEARNY THAT RAN FOR BOARD OF EDUCATION IN KEARNY THAT HAS VOTED IN HARRISON PRIMARY ELECTION.PEOPLE WHOULD VOTE WHERE THEY LIVE NOT JUST ANYWHERE.THEY MOVED OUT OF HARRISON YEARS AGO.I WORK THE ELECTIONS AND THE CHALLENGERS WOULD NOT EVEN CHALLENGE THEM BECAUSE THEY OWN A BUSINESS IN TOWN.

Well, what happened was Mayor Santos and Councilwoman Eckel tried to pull a "Hudson County fast one" on the people of Kearny. They scrutinized every single signature on my petition . . .

If they scrutinized their own budget the way they scrutinized my petition - I probably wouldn't be running!

Then they went to see the County Clerk. They brought a lot of phony claims, trumped-up charges, there was probably a lot of whining and pleading and finally, the Mayor threatened to hold his breath until my name was taken off the ballot.

The County Clerk (loyal Hudson County Dem, that he is) finally gave in and said, "Oh alright, enough already. Get up off the floor. I'll take him off the ballot."

No one, not Mayor Santos, not Councilwoman Eckel, not County Clerk Inclan, bothered to check with the Supt. of Elections to see about the registration status of these people that supposedly were not registered.

All it took for me was to make one phone call to the Supt's office and *POOF* I'm back on the ballot again.

I don't get it. Did they think this would intimidate me into pulling out of the election? Are they that desperate?

Jim Mangin

ps - There's no truth to the rumor that upon learning that I have been reinstated and WILL be on the ballot in November, Mayor Santos blew up so much at Town Hall that they named the hurricaine in Florida after him.

:lol: WHAT YA GOTA BE KIDDING ME JIM! we all know that FLA had a big mexi/recan mayor of its own! he later was gov of fla"and we know that santos is reading mayor bobs how to book! and wants to be gov of NJ! then he will move here to fla and give us yet more SICK AIR! go get him JIM! oh ya santos WILL TRY RUNNING FOR GOV JUST WATCH!!! :huh::(:D

Guest Third Warder

Jim Mangin

Jim,

Great news! I am disappointed at Inclan. I guess he is more concerned with doing a political favor than doing his job. I wonder what other candidates he is trying to keep off the ballot for his political friends. What a loser.

Guest Guest

Jim Mangin

I LOVE IT. MANGIN FOILS SANTOS AGAIN!!!! WHO IS THE COUNCILMAN NOW???? WHAT'S HIS NAME??? SEE YA IN NOV!!! GO MANGIN!!

Guest Guest
:lol: WHAT YA GOTA BE KIDDING ME JIM! we all know that FLA had a big mexi/recan mayor of its own! he later was gov of fla"and we know that santos is reading mayor bobs how to book! and wants to be gov of NJ! then he will move here to fla and give us yet more SICK AIR! go get him JIM! oh ya santos WILL TRY RUNNING FOR GOV JUST WATCH!!! :wacko:  :lol:  :lol:

What!?!?! Is this a monkey?

Mexi/recan?

Are you the type of person that supports Mangin?

Guest Guest
I LOVE IT. MANGIN FOILS SANTOS AGAIN!!!! WHO IS THE COUNCILMAN NOW???? WHAT'S HIS NAME???  SEE YA IN NOV!!! GO MANGIN!!

Just what Mangin needs, another idiot who has no idea whats going on. The seated council member is a woman, you unknowing fool.

Guest Guest

Jimmy Boy couldn't win a thing in this ward or town! It's a dream Jimmy Boy! When you wake up, Jimmy Boy, let me be the first to say, "I told ya so"!!!!!!!

Guest guest
Jimmy Boy couldn't win a thing in this ward or town! It's a dream Jimmy Boy! When you wake up, Jimmy Boy, let me be the first to say, "I told ya so"!!!!!!!

Well at least he's trying. Even if he doesn't win, it should be a hell of an election season.

First, you're not even close to being the first to say "I told ya so."

Second, if my campaign gets one member of the public to ask a question at a meeting, or for that matter, gets even one member of this Town Council to question one thing this Mayor does, then I've already won. In that light, I can't lose.

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest

Don't bet on it. Jim Mangin got 40 something write in votes for Mayor last year, and this Eckel woman only got 195 this past primary... Better watch out SANTOS, Jimmy will get you one way or another, and someday soon... To a Better KEARNY.... I say SUPPORT JIM MANGIN, he knows whats right for our town.