The Observer Mistakes

Guest omfug

Guest omfug
Oh, do you mean as compared to the days when there were pages filled with Boy Scout jamboree photos, or "St. Stephen's school announces Civies Day" lay outs?

Please...this paper is in bad shape. Let's not kid ourselves here.

I noticed you didn't dare to comment on Lisa Pezolla's gripping weekly column.

Now if that isn't a joke, I don't know what is. Aside from the plagiarism issue, she seems slightly limited, in a cognitive, maybe even took some special ed. classes, kind of way. There's nothing wrong with that, however, as a publisher of a community newspaper she should know better that that and it's really not appropriate. Which is why she has built up such bad publicity for herself. Her lack of insight is really what's driving the substandard quality of this newspaper.

As far as her column is concerned, I really don't feel the need to read about her child-like, almost idiotic perspective on topics ranging from national and religious holidays, to current events, or to her views on social and political issues. I mean save it, and spare us, the readers from the stupidity.

I get a headache every time i read this newspaper. And I think the phoniness of The Observer groupies needs to stop.

what do you mean "almost" idiotic?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Just my opinion

O.k. The Observer is not the New York Times and I think we can all accept the journalism is not good and neither is the layout. What can you expect from a "free" weekly paper? Basically, I agree with that person who is excusing the observer as a free piece of garbage and saying that is the reason the paper stinks is because it does not cost a dime. I like to read it because I need some laughs.

Also, I know it is not the New York Times, but it is not even The Leader. At least they don't have Walter Elliott or any of those other guys from the Bloomfield area writing for them anymore. Those guys like Mike McDonnell, Elliott and others who have worked for that other chain of papers are really bad. I don't think anyone teaches them journalism. "Cops nab Internet Perv." I would like to be the lawyer for that guy because he could sue the observer's ass because he is only accused. No jury has found him guilty of being an "Internet Perv." Imagine he is innocent and sues the observer for putting his picture on the front.

Ohh also, the journalism is a joke when they cannot even get a decent story about Leo Vartan's sentencing in the paper. Hello, the guy is guilty of cheating the governement out of taxes. Les Gaulton did not even commit a crime but he gets a big story. I wonder if old Leo called Lisa up again and begged her for mercy.

Guest guest728364
O.k.  The Observer is not the New York Times and I think we can all accept the journalism is not good and neither is the layout.  What can you expect from a "free" weekly paper?  Basically, I agree with that person who is excusing the observer as a free piece of garbage and saying that is the reason the paper stinks is because it does not cost a dime.  I like to read it because I need some laughs.

Also, I know it is not the New York Times, but it is not even The Leader.  At least they don't have Walter Elliott or any of those other guys from the Bloomfield area writing for them anymore.  Those guys like Mike McDonnell, Elliott and others who have worked for that other chain of papers are really bad.  I don't think anyone teaches them journalism.  "Cops nab Internet Perv."  I would like to be the lawyer for that guy because he could sue the observer's ass because he is only accused.  No jury has found him guilty of being an "Internet Perv."  Imagine he is innocent and sues the observer for putting his picture on the front.

Ohh also, the journalism is a joke when they cannot even get a decent story about Leo Vartan's sentencing in the paper.  Hello, the guy is guilty of cheating the governement out of taxes.  Les Gaulton did not even commit a crime but he gets a big story.  I wonder if old Leo called Lisa up again and begged her for mercy.

All this whining about the observer now that it has made it a point to constantly out the current administration's constant stream of mistakes? Bitter much?

Guest shrryK
All this whining about the observer now that it has made it a point to constantly out the current administration's constant stream of mistakes? Bitter much?

Kevin,

You're not considering another run for council are you? If so, you'd be wise to distance yourself from the Pazzola lady

Guest just sell The Observer already
Mayor, is that you? IS that you nitpicking now that the newspaper actually calls into question your silly moves? What better way to operate than to attempt to discredit the newspaper that clearly isn't allowing you to get away with your crap anymore.

the mayor has more of a life than you, and the Mangin groupies on here worshipping him and his feeble attempts to slander the mayor...and it's not the mayor posting these replies, i'm sure. it's Kearny residents who are tired of the half-assed news reporting and layout that The Observer has consistently produced week after week, for the last year and several months.

let's also look at who the editor is now. Mr. Canessa, who ran for town council in past.

political marionettes have no place being the editor of the town's newspaper...

be impartial.

neither does a publisher who makes it her perogative to hold personal vendettas against public figures and influence her staff to produce stories which have biased undertones...

Guest GUEST
Oh WOW, they made a typo.  I've seen typos in the NY Times.  , But I'm sure you've never made one, you creep.

THEY MADE A TYPO, THEY MAKE MANY TYPO'S AND YOU CAN TELL THAT THE PEOPLE WHO POST ON THIS SITE READ IT.

Guest GUEST
All this vitriolic ranting over a free newspaper ??  If it gives you a headache, don't read it.  If it doesn't rise to your journalistic standards, again, don't read it. If you have the time to type these long-winded dissertations, why don't you spend that time writing on a topic that has some meaning.

I USE IT FOR DOG POO. THAT AND THE KEARNY REALTY/JOURNAL.

Guest GUEST
O.k.  The Observer is not the New York Times and I think we can all accept the journalism is not good and neither is the layout.  What can you expect from a "free" weekly paper?  Basically, I agree with that person who is excusing the observer as a free piece of garbage and saying that is the reason the paper stinks is because it does not cost a dime.  I like to read it because I need some laughs.

Also, I know it is not the New York Times, but it is not even The Leader.  At least they don't have Walter Elliott or any of those other guys from the Bloomfield area writing for them anymore.  Those guys like Mike McDonnell, Elliott and others who have worked for that other chain of papers are really bad.  I don't think anyone teaches them journalism.  "Cops nab Internet Perv."  I would like to be the lawyer for that guy because he could sue the observer's ass because he is only accused.  No jury has found him guilty of being an "Internet Perv."  Imagine he is innocent and sues the observer for putting his picture on the front.

Ohh also, the journalism is a joke when they cannot even get a decent story about Leo Vartan's sentencing in the paper.  Hello, the guy is guilty of cheating the governement out of taxes.  Les Gaulton did not even commit a crime but he gets a big story.  I wonder if old Leo called Lisa up again and begged her for mercy.

LEO FOR MAYOR!

Guest artie's home
the mayor has more of a life than you, and the Mangin groupies on here worshipping him and his feeble attempts to slander the mayor...and it's not the mayor posting these replies, i'm sure. it's Kearny residents who are tired of the half-assed news reporting and layout that The Observer has consistently produced week after week, for the last year and several months.

let's also look at who the editor is now. Mr. Canessa, who ran for town council in past.

political marionettes have no place being the editor of the town's newspaper...

be impartial.

neither does a publisher who makes it her perogative to hold personal vendettas against public figures and influence her staff to produce stories which have biased undertones...

Is Kevin the Editor?

That's strange, because on the letters to the editor page, the letters are all addressed "To The Publisher."

What's up wid dat?

Guest mothersofinvention
Is Kevin the Editor?

That's strange, because on the letters to the editor page, the letters are all addressed "To The Publisher."

What's up wid dat?

It's called Narcissism, dude

Guest Guest
THEY MADE A TYPO, THEY MAKE MANY TYPO'S AND YOU CAN TELL THAT THE PEOPLE WHO POST ON THIS SITE READ IT.

They make mistakes all over that friggin' paper.

Looky here at what's on the front page of today's (June 7) The Observer:

a quote from Joseph Romeo: "... And when people suggest that uniforms would make all our kids one, I say, that's not the way of it."

HUH?

I know that this is what the guy said, but shouldn't the editor have clarified this statement.

What the frig does "that's not the way of it" mean?

LOL!!!

Guest budLite

How about this gem in The Observer (June 7) on page 4 under the headline "Vandals deface stones at Lyndhurst cemetery"

"Large, red swastikas and insensitive slurs were spray-painted on head stones ..."

What's an "insensitive slur"?

Is the writer insinuating that some slurs are "sensitive"?

Guest Guest

Oh my goodness. Read the entire paragraph. The man said he didn't understand how uniforms were a good way to make all the kids one, as in united by their uniforms. If you had a grasp of simple English and read the whole thing, it might make a little more sense to you, pal. What a joke this board is becoming. Oh, I also noticed The Observer also use the word "the" in a story numerous times. They must all be idiots over there for using "the" so many times.

Why don't you Santos wannabes stop this crap and realize the newspaper is exposing him for the horrible mayor he really is. And stop with the whining about the newspaper's use of words and quotes.

If all of you are such grammatical experts, why don't you call the Observer and volunteer your expert services. After all, you're all too good to be working at the New York Times.

Guest Guest

Saw on a local TV station that the slurs actually said "Kill Jews." Could you imagine how all of the so-called moral grammar experts out there would have reacted if the paper wrote "KILL JEWS" in the article or headline. Again, what a joke some of you people are.

Guest guest
How about this gem in The Observer (June 7) on page 4 under the headline "Vandals deface stones at Lyndhurst cemetery"

"Large, red swastikas and insensitive slurs were spray-painted on head stones ..."

What's an "insensitive slur"?

Is the writer insinuating that some slurs are "sensitive"?

Not only are they illiterate but they are biased as well, I saw the reporter go out for dinner and drinks with the people who will probably make the front page next week. When people say they are not for profit, have you ever tried to take an ad out, the cost in such a low class paper is outrageous.

Guest guest
Mayor, is that you? IS that you nitpicking now that the newspaper actually calls into question your silly moves? What better way to operate than to attempt to discredit the newspaper that clearly isn't allowing you to get away with your crap anymore.

The mayor is behind this one. The PUPPETS are mad and now you will here them cry and cry. The TRUTH HURTS.

Guest Observer reader

Kevin Canessa is a good move on the publisher's part. He knows how to write English well. He is familiar with the local community and characters. You can see an improvement already.

Guest Guest
Oh my goodness. Read the entire paragraph. The man said he didn't understand how uniforms were a good way to make all the kids one, as in united by their uniforms. If you had a grasp of simple English and read the whole thing, it might make a little more sense to you, pal. What a joke this board is becoming. Oh, I also noticed The Observer also use the word "the" in a story numerous times. They must all be idiots over there for using "the" so many times.

Why don't you Santos wannabes stop this crap and realize the newspaper is exposing him for the horrible mayor he really is. And stop with the whining about the newspaper's use of words and quotes.

If all of you are such grammatical experts, why don't you call the Observer and volunteer your expert services. After all, you're all too good to be working at the New York Times.

Actually the Observer has been in the "S**K" category for LONG before Santos was in office...this isnt anything new on their part.

Guest Guest
Not only are they illiterate but they are biased as well, I saw the reporter go out for dinner and drinks with the people who will probably make the front page next week.  When people say they are not for profit, have you ever tried to take an ad out, the cost in such a low class paper is outrageous.

But never the less people read it. Also the ad's must work simply because they keep placing them in the paper. So that means people are reading and that would upset the mayor. Hey is it true that miss Marks went over to the dark side? What's that about? Put that in the paper. Lets have some good stuff.

Guest it's not the way of it

i understand the context of his comments, however, the point is the guy has problems with simple English.

deal with it. most uneducated Kearny-ites do...especially those working for The Observer.

now, in regard to the Santos issue, which is a separate issue, may i add, from the issue of The Observer being so awful...

you actually believe Mr. Mangin will outshine Mayor Santos should he become mayor?

lmao... omg, you're obviously not dealing in reality, madam or sir.

Guest competitor
Kevin Canessa is a good move on the publisher's part.  He knows how to write English well.  He is familiar with the local community and characters.  You can see an improvement already.

Knows "how to write English well"???

Is that LisaSpeak?

Guest Guest
Is Kevin the Editor?

What's up wid dat?

The publisher is the editor. Kevin just does what she tells him to do. He's her lap dog.

Guest Guest

Has nothing to do with the entire paragraph. "That's not the way of it" refers to nothing. It's an incomplete thought. Like the ones rolling around in The Observer publisher's dyed-blonde head.

Archived