Quote Of The day

Guest 2smart4u

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo.
"In general, I'm against big government, but I would support a massive

emergency federal program to teach logic to liberals".

77422[/snapback]

You claming to be logical is like the guy who claims he is well "endowed".

If you have to say it, it probably ain't true.

77422[/snapback]

Well, if we're going to have massive help programs, I recommend a "Mandated For Some Lobotomy Program."

It will really help you.

77422[/snapback]

To a wanker like you there's only one appropriate thing to say: FOOL-Aid Alert! :ph34r:

Guest a proud american
Well, if we're going to have massive help programs, I recommend a "Mandated For Some Lobotomy Program."

It will really help you.

77441[/snapback]

For someone who is against big Government, apperently 2 dim hasn't been paying to much attention to what's been going on. So in an attempt to educate him and, so that I can get another history lesson from Bryan here are some facts.

Now, to understand this, you actually need to understand that there are two Governments at work. The first one is the Federal Government. The second one is very seldom talked about by the republicans and for good reason.,These are the Private Contractor's or better known as the Shadow Government. These are the companies that, in lieu of campaign contributions are given government contracts for work that Federal Employees had been doing. They are for profit entities and generally costing the Government or to be more specific the tax payers more.

Of course when something goes wrong people generally blame the government. Like when two months after 9/11 the hijackers were sent visa renewals. This was done by a private contractor. In fact, the Bush administration wanted to try contracting out part of the SSA telephone service to a company in India.

However, these are just two examples. In the 80's the Government actually threatened to sue the Air Force to get them to release how much they were paying Government Contractors. And, if you don't believe what I'm saying, write you Congressman or Senator and ask them how much money is spent on private contracting. You'll be surprised by their answer.

Look at Iraq. How many soldiers do we have there and how many private contractors are there. Then look at who received the contracts and who was recieving contributions from them.

However, this is what happens when there is no real oversight by the Congress and Senatre. Fortunately we're now just finding the tip of the ice berg because questions are being asked.

So 2dim keep thinking that Government is to big. And then thank yourself for letting it happen.