Kearny Crime

Guest guest

I think its time for the citizens of Kearny to start learning what goes on in town. Do any of you know about the increase in violent crime? There were several stabbings over the summer, numerous aggravated assaults, and of course the shooting at quick-check. There were also 2 home invasions the other day(yes, home invasions) where the residents were bound and gagged with tape and flex-ties, and then robbed.

While all of this is happening in town, its funny how the only thing the Chief and D/Chiefs of Kearny PD have been worried about is their new contract and more money. There is a town meeting on Tuesday and they will be voting on whether to take away some D/Chiefs and add more police officers to patrol. I think as citizens who pay ridiculous taxes we should support this decrease of $150,000.00 + salaries who never leave HQ or give anything back to the citizens except a large bill.

Also I think it should be known that for all the police officers we have in town, that almost none of them are on the street! Do you know that overnight there are only three(3) patrol cars covering the entire town? Thats right, three for ALL of Kearny. Gee, I feel safe. KPD has also done months of schooling and range training with on duty personnel, and left the street shorthanded. Real nice.

And what happened to our holiday mall patrols? Chief Dowie simply does not care anymore, as he is probably on his way out the door with a fat package on us.

Guest The Way it Is
I think its time for the citizens of Kearny to start learning what goes on in town. Do any of you know about the increase in violent crime? There were several stabbings over the summer, numerous aggravated assaults, and of course the shooting at quick-check. There were also 2 home invasions the other day(yes, home invasions) where the residents were bound and gagged with tape and flex-ties, and then robbed.

While all of this is happening in town, its funny how the only thing the Chief and D/Chiefs of Kearny PD have been worried about is their new contract and more money. There is a town meeting on Tuesday and they will be voting on whether to take away some D/Chiefs and add more police officers to patrol. I think as citizens who pay ridiculous taxes we should support this decrease of $150,000.00 + salaries who never leave HQ or give anything back to the citizens except a large bill.

Also I think it should be known that for all the police officers we have in town, that almost none of them are on the street! Do you know that overnight there are only three(3) patrol cars covering the entire town? Thats right, three for ALL of Kearny. Gee, I feel safe. KPD has also done months of schooling and range training with on duty personnel, and left the street shorthanded. Real nice.

And what happened to our holiday mall patrols? Chief Dowie simply does not care anymore, as he is probably on his way out the door with a fat package on us.

76849[/snapback]

Well what a FONT of incorrect information. You neglect to mention that in a LOT of the cases you mentioned, the actors were Arrested after the KPD did their investigation, or on the spot when the incident occured. As far as the Three cars overnight, THAT has been the case for the longest time, although again, you're incorrect in that one tour at least usually has an extra car on the road, not to mention you are neglecting to mention the Street Sgt. If you're just finding about it NOW, then you need abetter information source. When there are extra people, then you get a traffic unit, and generally one extra car, but Since the Mayor and Council have decided to FREEZE the number of Patrolmen (NOT Increase it as you falsely claim) that isnt going to change anytime soon. Schooling and Range Training..Once again you are COMPLETELY Incorrect. The Majority of the department trained on Overtime, NOT During their regular Shift (Now will that be yet another Rant I wonder??) The reason it Took over a Month (About 6 Weeks, not the "Months" YOU claim) was so that could spread things out and NOT strip all of the on-duty personnel from any one tour, at MOST there were no more than 3 on-duty people in training, and any shortages were covered in case of sick time or emergency days.

"The only thing the Chief and Deputies are Worried about" Once again Misinformation, or perchance just an outright Lie??? and of course your claim is According to WHOM??? the Observer and Mayor Santos?? Wow once again, there are 2 UNIMPEACHABLE sources...the Mayor, who is now trying to foist the entire responsibility for the Fiscal Nightmare that is Kearny onto the Police and Fire depts, or maybe the Editor of Prav...oops i mean The Observer..you know, the Guy who seems to have a PERSONAL Beef with the KPD (Couldnt have anything to do with his "Uncle Bob" now, could it??? Hmmmm????? OF COURSE the Deputies are concerned about their contract..or should i Say LACK of a contract, since the "Gentleman's Agreement" that sufficed for DECADES concerning their salaries as compared to the rest of the Officers was rejected by Mr D'arco (im sure once again the Mayor and council will claim ignorance and call Joe a "Loose Cannon"). As for their Duties...once again they are doing the work of Captains and Lt's ACCORDING TO WHOM?? You?? or whoever is feeding you this garbage you're parroting here???

So, let me get this straight; reducing the number of patrolmen (while it may save you money) is going to reduce or prevent these incidents. Maybe we could wipe out the fire department, with this logic, we would no longer have any fires.

I would have loved to have been at the bank the first time you overdrew your checking and loudly protested: "I can't be overdrawn, I still have checks left."

76849[/snapback]

Who wrote this? Was it D'Arco! I wouldn't put it past him.

What a faunt of misinformation. The crime rate has been going down

Year Crimes Crime Rate/100,000 population

1996 2,081 58.1

1997 1,919 54.7

1998 1,617 46.1

1999 1,518 42.8

2000 1,330 32.8

2001 1,399 34.5

2002 1,223 30.2

2003 1,318 32.7

2004 1,230 30.9

2005 1,197 30.3

2006 1,091 28.1

What a faunt of misinformation. The crime rate has been going down

Year    Crimes  Crime Rate/100,000 population

1996 2,081 58.1

1997 1,919 54.7

1998 1,617 46.1

1999 1,518 42.8

2000 1,330 32.8

2001 1,399 34.5

2002 1,223 30.2

2003 1,318 32.7

2004 1,230 30.9

2005 1,197 30.3

2006 1,091 28.1

77378[/snapback]

A true testament to the job Chief Dowie has done, and the respect the patrolmen have of both their Chief and duty.

76849[/snapback]

that's 3 car with 2 officers each..Harrison works with ony 3 cops at night