Mike Rodger's letter

Guest Guest

Mike Rodger's letter in the observer revealed several important issues. First it appears there is trouble in paradise within the town's democratic party. Second it reveals a flaw in the town's redevelopment. The article mentions how the residents of the Harrison Gardens and the Kingsland Courts make a payment to the town based on a PILOT program. (Payment In Lieu Of Taxes).

He goes on to mention the payment for the year of 2006 was $67,146. This is approximately enough money to cover one half of the salary and benefits of one teacher at top pay in the Harrison school system.

He also reveals, the new developments, consisting of hundreds of homes, will also make payments in lieu of taxes. This leaves the question of who will pay for the services these new residents will require? Is it fair that the long time residents of the community are being taxed out of their homes to pay for these new residents who are being billed as Yuppies moving into upscale housing?

Can someone in this administration explain how this redevelopment is "Good for Harrison"

No wonder there is no money to give town employees raises. Thank God we had enough money to buy the clock.

Mike Rodger's letter in the observer revealed several important issues.  First it appears there is trouble in paradise within the town's democratic party.  Second it reveals a flaw in the town's redevelopment.  The article mentions how the residents of the Harrison Gardens and the Kingsland Courts make a payment to the town based on a PILOT program. (Payment In Lieu Of Taxes).

He goes on to mention the payment for the year of 2006 was $67,146.  This is approximately enough money to cover one half of the salary and benefits of one teacher at top pay in the Harrison school system.

He also reveals, the new developments, consisting of hundreds of homes, will also make payments in lieu of taxes.  This leaves the question of who will pay for the services these new residents will require?  Is it fair that the long time residents of the community are being taxed out of their homes to pay for these new residents who are being billed as Yuppies moving into upscale housing?

Can someone in this administration explain how this redevelopment is "Good for Harrison"

No wonder there is no money to give town employees raises.  Thank God we had enough money to buy the clock.

76577[/snapback]

Way to go Mike - We're proud of ya

Mike Rodger's letter in the observer revealed several important issues.  First it appears there is trouble in paradise within the town's democratic party.  Second it reveals a flaw in the town's redevelopment.  The article mentions how the residents of the Harrison Gardens and the Kingsland Courts make a payment to the town based on a PILOT program. (Payment In Lieu Of Taxes).

He goes on to mention the payment for the year of 2006 was $67,146.  This is approximately enough money to cover one half of the salary and benefits of one teacher at top pay in the Harrison school system.

He also reveals, the new developments, consisting of hundreds of homes, will also make payments in lieu of taxes.  This leaves the question of who will pay for the services these new residents will require?  Is it fair that the long time residents of the community are being taxed out of their homes to pay for these new residents who are being billed as Yuppies moving into upscale housing?

No wonder there is no money to give town employees raises.  Thank God we had enough money to buy the clock.

76577[/snapback]

NO MONEY TO GIVE EMPLOYEES RAISES, YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME, THEY MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO DO NOTHING.

76577[/snapback]

HONEY, DON'T FOOL YOURSELF THERE'S NO YUPPIES MOVING IN, HOLD ON TO YOUR PANT SEAT, THOSE HOUSING PROJECTS WILL BE FOR THE STATE'S SECTION EIGHT CANDIATES. THAT RIGHT MORE GARDEN RATS MOVING IN HOWEVER FROM DIFFERENT RAINBOWS. ALTHOUGH I SEE THAT RAINBOW HAS TOUCHED DOWN ON HARRISON ALREADY. :rolleyes:

Guest Club Cosmo's !
Way to go Mike - We're proud of ya

76620[/snapback]

Since when has MRodgers clashed with those that have made his most recent position in the work force CONFORTABLE. It would be interesting to examine the Salary range he has been receiving for his post At the Harrison Housing Authority?

All of a sudden Mike is throwing rocks at the hands that have fed him? What's this all about? Somebody respond, seriously, respond, hopefully maybe Mike could muster a word!!!!!!

Since when has MRodgers clashed with those that have made his most recent position in the work force CONFORTABLE. It would be interesting to examine the Salary range he has been receiving for his post At the Harrison Housing Authority?

All of a sudden Mike is throwing rocks at the hands that have fed him? What's this all about? Somebody respond, seriously, respond, hopefully maybe Mike could muster a word!!!!!!

76727[/snapback]

Mike has had no problems with the folks on the Housing Board of Commissioners, thats the group that hired Mike for his position at the Authority. The only problem Mike is having is with an upstart Counselperson who will take control of the Town as soon as he can muster a majority on the Town Counsel.

Mike has had no problems with the folks on the Housing Board of Commissioners, thats the group that hired Mike for his position at the Authority. The only problem Mike is having is with an upstart Counselperson who will take control of the Town as soon as he can muster a majority on the Town Counsel.

76786[/snapback]

No my friend, Lucas made sure that Mike got the job, the commissioners were there to view applications for the job, and to make sure the most elegible person was given the job, but were given NONE(0 resumes), they were told that Mike was the man to go with. Now i'm figuring that McCormick is the councilman he does not like, because McCormick was a commissioner at that time and maybe he just happened to question the job requirements, right? so that being that Mike cannot stand the sight of McCormick because McCormick is always asking the right questions right Mike? Wait till the other McCormick gets in Mike should love that, I'm sure they will be on top of many issues that concern all residents of Harrison, including in the Harrison Housing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76727[/snapback]

Mike Rodgers only cares about what goes in his pockets (pensions etc.) as everyone knows he is an arrogant jerk, has no heart and no family, so there we go, he has no concept of what family is all about. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$mike

No my friend, Lucas made sure that Mike got the job, the commissioners were there to view applications for the job, and to make sure the most elegible person was given the job, but were given NONE(0 resumes), they were told that Mike was the man to go with.  Now i'm figuring that McCormick is the councilman he does not like, because McCormick was a commissioner at that time and maybe he just happened to question the job requirements, right?  so that being that Mike cannot stand the sight of McCormick because McCormick is always asking the right questions right Mike?  Wait till the other McCormick gets in Mike should love that, I'm sure they will be on top of many issues that concern all residents of Harrison, including in the Harrison Housing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76925[/snapback]

The McCormicks have nothing to do with the storyline here. Concentrate and try to stay on the original topic and comment on that topic. Don't just write nasty stuff. This is what makes this site so weak - very little written here is for the good of the community. Very little written here is good in the way of communication of ideas and opinion.

No my friend, Lucas made sure that Mike got the job, the commissioners were there to view applications for the job, and to make sure the most elegible person was given the job, but were given NONE(0 resumes), they were told that Mike was the man to go with.  Now i'm figuring that McCormick is the councilman he does not like, because McCormick was a commissioner at that time and maybe he just happened to question the job requirements, right?  so that being that Mike cannot stand the sight of McCormick because McCormick is always asking the right questions right Mike?  Wait till the other McCormick gets in Mike should love that, I'm sure they will be on top of many issues that concern all residents of Harrison, including in the Harrison Housing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76925[/snapback]

Unfortunately you are the Master of Misinformation .Everything you said was inaccurate,not even close to reality .And this will really piss you off the Housing Authority is a federal project that comes under the direction of H.U.D not the Town Council.

you are probably one of those people who were advising the people on the Trespass list that it was ok to sell drugs, not to pay your rent,beat up your domestic partner,set dumpsters on fire because Rogers couldn't do anything about it.

oooopppps!

Mike Rodgers only cares about what goes in his pockets (pensions etc.) as everyone knows he is an arrogant jerk, has no heart and no family, so there we go, he has no concept of what family is all about.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$mike

76926[/snapback]

Let me guess,you're............on the list.

Let me guess,you're............on the list.

76951[/snapback]

We people that live here and make it a nice place to live don't have anything to say about Rodgers other than keep up the good work.

M. R is a piece of shit! I love how for the people he knows that lives in the gardens he waits 5 months b4 sending them an eviction notice than lets them make payment plans to pay off the rent, but for the people he dont give a F**K about he just throws them out on the street... Is he not supposed to treat all tenants equally???????

Unfortunately you are the Master of Misinformation .Everything you said was inaccurate,not even close to reality .And this will really piss you off the Housing Authority is a federal project that comes under the direction of H.U.D not the  Town Council.

you are probably one of those people who were advising the people on the Trespass list that it was ok to sell drugs, not to pay your rent,beat up your domestic partner,set dumpsters on fire because Rogers couldn't do anything about it.

oooopppps!

76950[/snapback]

Wow! YOu make Harrison sound like a beautiful place to live!

Mike Rodgers only cares about what goes in his pockets (pensions etc.) as everyone knows he is an arrogant jerk, has no heart and no family, so there we go, he has no concept of what family is all about.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$mike

76926[/snapback]

You have no clue who Mike is then, if he had no heart and didn't care about people he would have tolerated the drug dealing and doing and all the chaos that was going on in the Gardens, if he didn't care about the children there would not be a defiant list now would there be? He does have a family (very good people), he may not have children but he sure does care about the children in the Gardens and in the town. Sounds to me like you have a personal issue with him, maybe he didn't buy your bull crap???? He is there to do a job and he does it well!!!

Unfortunately you are the Master of Misinformation .Everything you said was inaccurate,not even close to reality .And this will really piss you off the Housing Authority is a federal project that comes under the direction of H.U.D not the  Town Council.

oooopppps!

76950[/snapback]

Can I get an AMEN!!! They just can't understand the town does not own the Harrison Gardens!! So thank you for posting because I tried to get this point across a long time ago. HUD HOUSING!!!!

M. R is a piece of shit!  I love how for the people he knows that lives in the gardens he waits 5 months b4 sending them an eviction notice than lets them make payment plans to pay off the rent, but for the people he dont give a F**K about he just throws them out  on the street... Is  he not supposed to  treat all tenants equally???????

77149[/snapback]

Sounds like you know the eviction process very well....too well.

you see people who pay their bills,the rent etc.People who follow simple rules ,they don't know about eviction notices.They are happy to be able to live in a place that is managed well.They are happy their heat and utilities are part of their rent.It is safe to go out and enjoy where they live .They don't have to worry about drug dealers or violence.

It is people like yourself who are worried about the ins and outs of the eviction process that don't like Mike.Just remember it is the judges and the courts who have the power to evict....not Mike Rogers.He doesn't throw any one on the street.

Try cleaning up your act.You'll be amazed .Life gets easier .Then you don't have to look for someone else to blame

76926[/snapback]

I DON'T THINK HE DISPLAYS HIS ******* **** ENOUGH!!!!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Can I get an AMEN!!! They just can't understand the town does not own the Harrison Gardens!! So thank you for posting because I tried to get this point across a long time ago. HUD HOUSING!!!!

77220[/snapback]

NO u stupid b**** unlike you i do not live in that ghetto of a place, I am just writing what I hear about the piece of shit!..... So get a life and stop cheatin on your husband :P

NO u stupid b**** unlike you i do not live in that ghetto of a place, I am just writing what I hear about the piece of shit!..... So get a life and stop cheatin on your husband :ph34r:

77380[/snapback]

Well then you can't believe everything you hear now can you??? Who is ghetto?

NO u stupid b**** unlike you i do not live in that ghetto of a place, I am just writing what I hear about the piece of shit!..... So get a life and stop cheatin on your husband :)

77380[/snapback]

That's right u don't live here, he refuses your sorry ass. Too bad for you having to live on franklin, the dumps.

Guest Ghetto Ghost

77220[/snapback]

Nice, the Ghetto shows it's smarts again. Even though your toothless alcohol and drug infested bodies have lived in the ghetto for most of your entire life well maybe not when you were listed, if you had a brain in that chemical dependent head you would at the very least do some research before making or supporting such a claim. Sounds like you believe what your told good chimp, monkey see monkey do.

HUD DOES NOT OWN RENTAL PROPERTIES.

Read for yourself if you can read.

http://www.hud.gov/faqs/faqrenting.cfm

"Answer: HUD doesn't actually own rental housing. We do provide funding to support several rental assistance programs. " I.E. section 8 sound familiar.

Do you know anything? This is a municipal issue "Harrison Gardens" HUD simply provides funding much like uncle Sam or maybe Harrison pays your bills so you can buy your 40's.

Why don't you finish grade school and get yourself a real job.

Nice, the Ghetto shows it's smarts again. Even though your toothless alcohol and drug infested bodies have lived in the ghetto for most of your entire life well maybe not when you were listed, if you had a brain in that chemical dependent head you would at the very least do some research before making or supporting such a claim.  Sounds like you believe what your told good chimp, monkey see monkey do.

"Answer: HUD doesn't actually own rental housing. We do provide funding to support several rental assistance programs. " I.E. section 8 sound familiar.

Do you know anything? This is a municipal issue "Harrison Gardens" HUD simply provides funding much like uncle Sam or maybe Harrison pays your bills so you can buy your 40's.

78361[/snapback]

maybe you ought to do a little reading yourself.The town of Harrison does not own the housing authority.Get it.

Nice, the Ghetto shows it's smarts again. Even though your toothless alcohol and drug infested bodies have lived in the ghetto for most of your entire life well maybe not when you were listed, if you had a brain in that chemical dependent head you would at the very least do some research before making or supporting such a claim.  Sounds like you believe what your told good chimp, monkey see monkey do.

78361[/snapback]

maybe you ought to do a little reading yourself.The town of Harrison does not own the housing authority.Get it.

The McCormicks have nothing to do with the storyline here. Concentrate and try to stay on the original topic and comment on that topic. Don't just write nasty stuff. This is what makes this site so weak - very little written here is for the good of the community. Very little written here is good in the way of communication of ideas and opinion.

76939[/snapback]

Stevie boy is a child living in an illegal apartment in a building that has several serious building code violations and over $ 200,000- in fines. What agreat example he sets for others in the second ward!