Mission Acomplished?

Guest Non-Believer

Guest Non-Believer

Tomorrow, May 1, will mark the third anniversary of The Dubya showboatin' on the aircraft carrier and proclaiming "Mission Accomplished".

Does anybody really believe he's accomplished anything positive?

I will be sending a letter to The White House asking "Just what the hell have you accomplished?". Please feel free to join me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Tomorrow, May 1, will mark the third anniversary of The Dubya showboatin' on the aircraft carrier and proclaiming "Mission Accomplished".

I will be sending a letter to The White House asking "Just what the hell have you accomplished?".  Please feel free to join me.

I guess you don't give him credit for us not being attacked since 9-11.

Guest Radagast

Perhaps we haven't been attacked because the crazies just haven't bothered to attack us. If all the over the top Patriot Act nonsense had really prevented a documented full scale attack, don't you think that BushCo would have grandstanded that too? Thay're good at releasing secrets when it suits them.

This is the most dishonest and corupt Presidency in my lifetime and perhaps in the history of this Country.

Guest Guest

I think you forgot a key word.................YET

I dearly hope I'm wrong but I fear it may happen again. What was SUPPOSED to be a war on terror has become an effort to prevent a large scale secular war. It's wasring resources we can ill afford to waste while they should be tracking down terrorists,

Guest Guest

I WILL give him credit for being something of a magician in that there's still anyone left that trusts him. There has been EXTREMELY strong evidence that the claim of Iraq seeking uranium from Africa was false and he was told so by the CIA.

Even IF the administration's claim that the Brits had a report that they've refused to release it begs the question why would Bush trust the Brits more than the agency his father once led?

OPEN YOUR EVES TO THE DECEIT!

Guest Guest

I will be sending a letter to The White House asking "Just what the hell have you accomplished?".  Please feel free to join me.

anything positive? Saddam Hussein was a dictator who murdered his own people. His sons picked women off the street, raped them, had their men rape them and then killed them, in one case letting his dogs finish the woman off so yeah, I can think of SOMETHING positive that was accomplished by going into Iraq.

Guest Guest
Perhaps we haven't been attacked because the crazies just haven't bothered to attack us. If all the over the top Patriot Act nonsense had really prevented a documented full scale attack, don't you think that BushCo would have grandstanded that too? Thay're good at releasing secrets when it suits them.

This is the most dishonest and corupt Presidency in my lifetime and perhaps in the history of this Country.

Perhaps we haven't been attacked because the crazies just haven't bothered to attack us? Perhaps? You would have gambled on that?

Guest Loki

Before you make that judgement, ask yourself what's in the Barrett report, the whole report?

A lengthy investigation into whether the previous administration used the IRS for political purposes; it was connected to the Cisneros dealings.

Use of the IRS was reminiscent of Nixon. Taping was reminiscent of Kennedy.

BTW, when documents are declassified, they are no longer SECRETS. Probably just semantics.

Guest Guest
anything positive? Saddam Hussein was a dictator who murdered his own people. His sons picked women off the street, raped them, had their men rape them and then killed them, in one case letting his dogs finish the woman off so yeah, I can think of SOMETHING positive that was accomplished by going into Iraq.

Oh, you mean the dictator whose government Reagan removed from the list of known terrorist nations in 1982?

The dictator the Reagan administration aided with inelligence data and financing in their war with Iran?

Gee, it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys without a program. The stated purpose was a war on terror and there's little evidence that ousting Saddam had a positive effect on that front. Maybe it's time that the US, unlike its Vice President, learned to consider the consequences before pulling the trigger.

I think you are quite premature, at this point there's no guarantee that the Iraqi people will be in any better hands in in the future. Even now the number of civilian casualties released by the administration is conspicious by its absence. I have serious doubts that we're being told the true facts about the situation.

There's stromg evidence Bush lied about why he went to war, why is there any reason to believe him now?

Guest Guest

This whole string is bullshit, because we all better get our heads out of our asses because we are in big trouble as a nation. Today is law day and look what is going on in our streets. We are witnessing the distruction of America and our way of life. Really now does Ted, John, and Dick Durbin care about our well being? I think not. I'm ashamed to be a Democrat.

Guest Guest
This whole string is bullshit, because we all better get our heads out of our asses because we are in big trouble as a nation. Today is law day and look what is going on in our streets. We are witnessing the distruction of America and our way of life. Really now does Ted, John, and Dick Durbin care about our well being? I think not. I'm ashamed to be a Democrat.

I refuse to be a Democrat or a Republican, they're equally bad, they spend too damn much time at each other's throats and not enough time worrying about what's good for the country.

I'm ashamed that Al, George, and John were the best a country this size could come up with for the past two presidential elections.

I'm not too concerned with what's going on in the streets, far worse things are going on in the houses of Congress.

Guest what a shame

And all you Americans have the balls to put down immigrants, wake up you layed back drunks and for the first time go to the post office and apply for a passport , because most of you people have never gone anywhere, i would estimate that 90 percent of you have never left New Jersey and seen the real world and another percentage have never left Kearny.

Guest Non-Believer
And all you Americans have the balls to put down immigrants, wake up you layed back drunks and for the first time go to the post office and apply for a passport , because most of you people have never gone anywhere, i would estimate that 90 percent of you have never left New Jersey and seen the real world and another percentage have never left Kearny.

It would seem you are the drunk as your post has nothing to do with the ine you're quoting.

And for the revord I've been to at least 25 states and 10 other countries.

Guest Guest

the only place the immigrants went, was to the usa, and i am sure they don't have a passport.

Guest Guest

There's nowhere out there worth going to. That's why all of these immis want to be here.

Guest Hello!!

Ok, then answer this question, how come we stand by while children in Darfu are starving to death? They are committing genocide there, how come we don't go and help. Oh, I know, there's no oil or interests in Darfu. I believe in Darfu they are doing the same thing to the women and girls there. Raping, mutilating, killing. How come we don't go in there and help them? Don't kid yourself, we went in to Iraq with the hope of a big payday for Halliburton and Bush's oil buddies. Now, THOUSANDS of civilians are dead in Iraq by the hands of the Americans.

Guest Guest
There's nowhere out there worth going to.  That's why all of these immis want to be here.

Maybe you should get out more, if you kept up with the news you'd know a number of western European nation have been experiencing immigration problemsof their own.

Guest Guest
Ok, then answer this question, how come we stand by while children in Darfu are starving to death? They are committing genocide there, how come we don't go and help. Oh, I know, there's no oil or interests in Darfu. I believe in Darfu they are doing the same thing to the women and girls there. Raping, mutilating, killing. How come we don't go in there and help them? Don't kid yourself, we went in to Iraq with the hope of a big payday for Halliburton and Bush's oil buddies. Now, THOUSANDS of civilians are dead in Iraq by the hands of the Americans.

Maybe because no leader in Darfur wanted to whack Dubya's daddy?

Guest Guest
Oh, you mean the dictator whose government Reagan removed from the list of known terrorist nations in 1982?

The dictator the Reagan administration aided with inelligence data and financing in their war with Iran?

Gee, it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys without a program.  The stated purpose was a war on terror and there's little evidence that ousting Saddam had a positive effect on that front.  Maybe it's time that the US, unlike its Vice President, learned to consider the consequences before pulling the trigger.

I think you are quite premature, at this point there's no guarantee that the Iraqi people will be in any better hands in in the future.  Even now the number of civilian casualties released by the administration is conspicious by its absence.  I have serious doubts that we're being told the true facts about the situation.

There's stromg evidence Bush lied about why he went to war, why is there any reason to believe him now?

"The dictator the Reagan administration aided with inelligence data and financing in their war with Iran?"

yes, I mean that dictator! Dictator! You admit, he was a dictator? Bush can't be blamed for Reagan. Hussein attempted to have a president of the United States assassinated. Intelligence showed there was weapons of mass distruction. Not only our agencies but that of other countries. I still believe there was and it was moved. He had plenty of time. I believe our President before I believe Hussein. We could have killed Hussein when we found him but we didn't. He is on trial. He will be found guilty by his own people. Not us.

Guest Guest

Yeah, I used to be a democrat when I was very young. Read into that what you will.

Guest Guest

I just said I could think of one positive thing. I was responding to the person who asked for ONE thing. There are many more.

We should go to Darfu and help!

tens of thousands died under Hussein.....ON PURPOSE! The ones who died by our hands were shooting at us and others died by accident!!!! DO YOU NOT SEE A DIFFERENCE!!!!????? If we just wanted to kill people we could drop a nuclear weapon!!!! Or bomb the bejesus out of the entire country. Do you not think that if the insurgents stopped shooting and bombimg we would stop and attempt to put that country back together?! Wouldn't Bush look great then?! Don't you think that it what Bush, the republicans, and all normal people want? I think it's the democrats that want the war to go badly! I wonder why?! Can YOU think of a reason?!

Guest Guest
"The dictator the Reagan administration aided with inelligence data and financing in their war with Iran?"

yes, I mean that dictator! Dictator! You admit, he was a dictator? Bush can't be blamed for Reagan. Hussein attempted to have a president of the United States assassinated. Intelligence showed there was weapons of mass distruction. Not only our agencies but that of other countries. I still believe there was and it was moved. He had plenty of time. I believe our President before I believe Hussein. We could have killed Hussein when we found him but we didn't. He is on trial. He will be found guilty by his own people. Not us.

You miss the point, Hussein was already a piece of crap dictator in the '80s yet the US funneled over FIVE BILLION DOLLARS to Iraq thinking they'd help with Iran. Well, Iran is still a problem, Hussein's still a piece if crap and we're out FIVE BILLION GOLLARS for what? Maybe it's time we learn to think a little before getting involved in some of these far fetched plans.

We all too often fall victim to believing our enemy's enemy is our friend while very ofetn theu're BOTH our enemies.

Guest Guest
You miss the point,  Hussein was already a piece of crap dictator in the '80s yet the US funneled over FIVE BILLION DOLLARS to Iraq thinking they'd help with Iran.  Well, Iran is still a problem, Hussein's still a piece if crap and we're out FIVE BILLION GOLLARS for what?  Maybe it's time we learn to think a little before getting involved in some of these far fetched plans.

We all too often fall victim to believing our enemy's enemy is our friend while very ofetn theu're BOTH our enemies.

Hussien is still a piece of crap but a jailed piece of crap, killing no one anymore.

Guest Guest
I just said I could think of one positive thing. I was responding to the person who asked for ONE thing. There are many more.

We should go to Darfu and help!

tens of thousands died under Hussein.....ON PURPOSE! The ones who died by our hands were shooting at us and others died by accident!!!! DO YOU NOT SEE A DIFFERENCE!!!!????? If we just wanted to kill people we could drop a nuclear weapon!!!! Or bomb the bejesus out of the entire country. Do you not think that if the insurgents stopped shooting and bombimg we would stop and attempt to put that country back together?! Wouldn't Bush look great then?! Don't you think that it what Bush, the republicans, and all normal people want? I think it's the democrats that want the war to go badly! I wonder why?! Can YOU think of a reason?!

We did bomb the bejesus out of the country!! What have you been watching for the last 4 years!! Do you ever wonder why the "insurgents" attack us? I believe we started this damn mess.

Did you see the news the other night? The great plan of using Iraqi civilians as soldiers. The second they realized they weren't going to be stationed near their homes, they started taking off their uniforms to quit. Wow, we really planned this invasion well.

Guest Guest
We did bomb the bejesus out of the country!! What have you been watching for the last 4 years!! Do you ever wonder why the "insurgents" attack us? I believe we started this damn mess.

Did you see the news the other night? The great plan of using Iraqi civilians as soldiers. The second they realized they weren't going to be stationed near their homes, they started taking off their uniforms to quit. Wow, we really planned this invasion well.

No, when I say bomb the bejesus I mean parking lot, no one standing, no insurgents, civilians, soldiers, nothing................level. we could do that but haven't. The insurgents can't do that but would to this country in a heartbeat. You, me, your children, everyone.

Archived