School Uniforms

Guest Guest

Guest Cocerned

:lol: I think that it is a great idea, as long as it affordable to all parents. I have read about other cities and states implementing this type of dress code. They seem to have less fights over how someone looks. It would be nice to see our youth look like somevones child instead of some groupie. When I was in school,not that long ago girls had to wear dresses everyday and boys had to wear

clean decent shirt (no polos) and slacks(that fit). so yes, yes, yes, I agree with school uniforms ;)

:lol: I think that it is a great idea, as long as it affordable to all parents. I have read about other cities and states implementing this type of dress code. They seem to have less fights over how someone looks. It would be nice to see our youth look like somevones child instead of some groupie. When I was in school,not that long ago girls had to wear dresses everyday and boys had to wear

clean decent shirt (no polos) and slacks(that fit). so yes, yes, yes, I agree with school uniforms ;)

I believe in individuality.

I think uniforms are stupid. The way someone looks doesnt start the fight their has to be some sort of conflicting intrest that causes the fight and as quick to fight as the kids in KHS are I think even they dont start fights over the way some one dresses. Because me and my friends dress completely different than the way any kid in NJ does yet I have never been in a fight over my appearance. And plus kids today will find away around dress codes we're not that stupid.

Guest Guest

Uniforms are a great idea! No more sending students home because of inappropriate clothing. Less competition among students. Less distraction in the classroom. Easier to identify a student, (this can be a big plus in the safety deparment). Cost effective for the parents. If they school board wants to get the kids charged up for this change they should involve them in the process. A school patch design or something along those lines. I bet grades would improve too!!!!!!!!!

Uniforms are a great idea! No more sending students home because of inappropriate clothing. Less competition among students. Less distraction in the classroom. Easier to identify a student, (this can be a big plus in the safety deparment). Cost effective for the parents. If they school board wants to get the kids charged up for this change they should involve them in the process. A school patch design or something along those lines. I bet grades would improve too!!!!!!!!!

People wear inappropriate clothing because they want to. It's not like once they get out of school they're not gonna change. Hell, I know if I had to wear uniforms in school, I would wear a tshirt under it and have jeans in my backpack. You can set all the rules you want but I guarantee that if a kid doesn't like something they become rebellious. Teenagers are rebellious naturally now if you give them a common cause and a majority doesn't like something then unity will go up. Now normally that would be a good thing but not when they're rebelling against the school.

Guest Kearny Resident

I think uniforms for High School kids is a disgrace. They need to be themselves, they should be able to dress the way they want. A majority of the kids do wear decent clothes. I think it is time for the parents to start watching what their children are wearing, and stop punishing the good for the bad all the time. I know I could not wait to go to High School just to get out of a uniform, if this is the case I should have gone to a Catholic High School.

Guest Guest

"A majority of the kids do wear decent clothes. I think it is time for the parents to start watching what their children are wearing,"

That's just the problem, many parent have NO IDEA what their kids are wearing.

Guest Guest
"A majority of the kids do wear decent clothes.  I think it is time for the parents to start watching what their children are wearing,"

I do not agree totally with this remark, for the fact, the parents are the ones who are buying the clothes. If you purchase an item then you should know whether or not it is appropriate for school. Please No uniforms. I am a parent and I watch what my children are purchasing since I am the one who is paying for it.

Guest Guest
"A majority of the kids do wear decent clothes.  I think it is time for the parents to start watching what their children are wearing,"

I totally agree, school girls in uniforms are HOT!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
What does everyone think of the school's new initiative to mandate school uniforms for next year?

Let's hear from our Town Council several of whom work as teachers in Harrison. I'm sure they have seen first hand the pros and cons of this issue.

Harrison has some schools wearing uniforms. Is it worth the effort Council members / teachers.

Citizen

Guest Guest
Let's hear from our Town Council several of whom work as teachers in Harrison. I'm sure they have seen first hand the pros and cons of this issue.

Harrison has some schools wearing uniforms. Is it worth the effort Council members / teachers.

Citizen

Please show some guidence Council / Harrison school teachers. This is where opinions are being formed. Your views would go a long way in this issue.

America, home to free speech!

Guest Ben Gast
:huh: I think that it is a great idea, as long as it affordable to all parents. I have read about other cities and states implementing this type of dress code. They seem to have less fights over how someone looks. It would be nice to see our youth look like somevones child instead of some groupie. When I was in school,not that long ago girls had to wear dresses everyday and boys had to wear

clean decent shirt (no polos) and slacks(that fit). so yes, yes, yes, I agree with school uniforms :(

Uniforms are less expensive than the revealing garbage the kids wear now. Make the females wear pants too so they won't be able to roll them up to their butt line. But, even with uniforms, it depends on the child and the way they feel about themselves. A uniform with a belt dangling half way down the thigh and the shirt hanging out in front and on one side only reflects that attitude of the wearer.

Archived