KEARNY TAX

KHS81

Recently I sent a letter to the Kearny observer over this so called " Healthy Debate" that Mayor Santos yearns for. The high salaries that the KPD and KFD have is only half the story. How much money is invested by the town in Health care and pensions for town employees. How much does the town spend to insure the families of town employees. 1 solution would be to have all town employees to pay into their health and pension plans an amount based on percentage. If the town is paying for the families to be covered, let the employees pay for it like we do in the real world. I know in my family I pay $400.00 a month and thats a 50/50 split with my employer.

2nd it's time to CAP all town employee salaries teachers included. Look at the Deputy chiefs they make 6 figures in salary. The town can save money by switching town vehicles from gasoline to E85 or natural gas. The other day I was on route 1 in Edison,who drives past me a Town of Kearny container truck.

3. In another post someone had mentioned the south end of town substation, wherein the town promoted several officers to man this substaion,yet the station is rarely open. I've come home from work at 3:30 pm the station is dark. 3:00am the same. A waste of money? or were we conned.

Mayor Santos is'nt interested in healthy debate, this is only a ruse to make excuses from.

2nd it's time to CAP all town employee salaries teachers included.

The "teachers included" caught my eye--what's the average salary for a teacher in Kearny? Do you know?

3. In another post someone had mentioned the south end of town substation, wherein the town promoted several officers to man this substaion,yet the station is rarely open. I've come home from work at 3:30 pm the station is dark. 3:00am the same. A waste of money? or were we conned.

I've never seen any actual people there myself either.

Mayor Santos is'nt interested in healthy debate, this is only a ruse to make excuses from.

70384[/snapback]

Well, I think one won't really know that until they bring concerns to him personally and are turned away or something. Lots is being said around here, but I don't think anyone's actually taken Santos up on his "open debate" thing yet.

The "teachers included" caught my eye--what's the average salary for a teacher in Kearny? Do you know?
I do know from a friend who is a teacher that their making in the $ 50,000.00 + salary range.

Well, I think one won't really know that until they bring concerns to him personally and are turned away or something. Lots is being said around here, but I don't think anyone's actually taken Santos up on his "open debate" thing yet.

70422[/snapback]

I know that you stick up for this mayor from your comments. however Santos has'nt been on the up and up with town residents. First Santos claims to live on Johnston ave in his parents 3 family house. Yet in the last 15 years I've only seen him near the house twice. I live a few houses away from this house. Once has been taking the garbage cans out and once driving by in his County owned car. The mayor also has claimed to be married yet his wife is seemingly absent from town functions. Recently the monument dedication on Belgrove drive.

I do know from a friend who is a teacher that their making in the $ 50,000.00 + salary range.

70422[/snapback]

I know that you stick up for this mayor from your comments. however Santos has'nt been on the up and up with town residents. First Santos claims to live on Johnston ave in his parents 3 family house. Yet in the last 15 years I've only seen him near the house twice. I live a few houses away from this house. Once has been taking the garbage cans out and once driving by in his County owned car. The mayor also has claimed to be married yet his wife is seemingly absent from town functions. Recently the monument dedication on Belgrove drive.

70468[/snapback]

Mayor Santos mother lives on Windsor St by Liberty St.

I do not see him around either.

If he is marry that is news to many. <_<

The Substation has a desk officer and a patrol officer assigned from 2pm-10pm 365 days a year, also the Community Oriented Policing unit has its office in the substation. If it was dark at 330 pm, then you need glasses sparky.

(er, you screwed up your quoting significantly there...I just kept the most recent part)

I know that you stick up for this mayor from your comments.

My comments are more critical of the people who do a lot of complaining but aren't actually taking any of the action that needs to be taken. In fact, the only action people are really talking about is ousting Santos, which of course wouldn't magically fix any problems.

however Santos has'nt been on the up and up with town residents. First Santos claims to live on Johnston ave in his parents 3 family house. Yet in the last 15 years I've only seen him near the house twice. I live a few houses away from this house. Once has been taking the garbage cans out and once driving by in his County owned car. The mayor also has claimed to be married yet his wife is seemingly absent from town functions. Recently the monument dedication on Belgrove drive.

70468[/snapback]

Don't you think these comments are a bit petty? First of all, there isn't really any proof of either--the former maybe, if you lived next door or across the street and are watching the house all day. And the latter--you must be joking. Are you accusing Santos of literally pretending to be married? Don't you think it's slightly more likely that maybe his wife isn't into politics and chooses not to get as involved as he does? Really, now.

2nd it's time to CAP all town employee salaries teachers included. Look at the Deputy chiefs they make 6 figures in salary. The town can save money by switching town vehicles from gasoline to E85 or natural gas. The other day I was on route 1 in Edison,who drives past me a Town of Kearny container truck.

Maybe they were picking up new tree's to replace the ones that were destroyed by local youths? Or maybe they were doing some other business, all the trucks have GPS and they are monitored, I am sure. I have learned not to jump to conclusions

if you saw the truck and it bothers you so much, call the town as a concerned citizen and ask why the truck was there in Edison, so far from Kearny.

The Substation has a desk officer and a patrol officer assigned from 2pm-10pm 365 days a year, also the Community Oriented Policing unit has its office in the substation.  If it was dark at 330 pm, then you need glasses sparky.

70552[/snapback]

Glass's aside. I have personally walked up to the bldg,and found the front door locked on several occasions. Since we did promote several officers to various ranks why is this station only open for 1 shift ?. We've been getting hit by home invasions on this end of town alot lately with a large percentage happening before 12:00 noon or roving bands of teens out after the 10:00pm curfew. Do you mean to tell me that the substation closes at 10:00pm and that now we'll have to wait for a unit to arrive from the Laurel ave station, thus giving the perp a chance to flee.

(er, you screwed up your quoting significantly there...I just kept the most recent part)

My comments are more critical of the people who do a lot of complaining but aren't actually taking any of the action that needs to be taken. In fact, the only action people are really talking about is ousting Santos, which of course wouldn't magically fix any problems.

Don't you think these comments are a bit petty? First of all, there isn't really any proof of either--the former maybe, if you lived next door or across the street and are watching the house all day. And the latter--you must be joking. Are you accusing Santos of literally pretending to be married? Don't you think it's slightly more likely that maybe his wife isn't into politics and chooses not to get as involved as he does? Really, now.

70568[/snapback]

Your right of course I was being a "Bit" petty. I guess you could say I deplore Mayor Santos. For years I've gotten face to face with him over parking down on this end of town. I've either gotten blown off or fed the auto response " I'll look into it". It's been going on for close to 10 years from councilman to mayor. Santos is more interested in being Hillary Clintons Kearny lapdog or getting his face in the paper.

Maybe they were picking up new tree's to replace the ones that were destroyed by local youths? Or maybe they were doing some other business, all the trucks have GPS and they are monitored, I am sure. I have learned not to jump to conclusions

if you saw the truck and it bothers you so much, call the town as a concerned citizen and ask why the truck was there in Edison, so far from Kearny.

70607[/snapback]

I did call the DPW and was told " We'll look into it"