6th & Harrison Ave

Guest Guest

OK you may be one the crossing guards who is always on time and doing the job. But not all are like you. I am out walking every morning and I can tell you that not all guards are on their corner at 7:45 or at least they cannot be seen at the corner, one guard is sitting on the steps of a house a number of feet from the corner. As a senior citizen myself I can understand that it is hard to stand on your feet for that length of time, so tell me why she is not retired and give a young women  that job. Also a lot of them spend more time talking than watching. I have seen very young children waiting for the guard to cross them while she is busy talking to a friend at her corner. Can't a patrol car ride around and make sure the guards are doing their duty and not bidding their time and wasting our money.

69247[/snapback]

There is a sergeant in the Traffic Division that checks on them. That is one of his main functions.

What are you talking about? The Crossing Guards are out at 7:45 incase you Haven't NOTICED!!! They also aren't there to direct the traffic. So I guess you don't COMPREHEND what you read.Everyone in town COMPLAINS about the Crossing Guards I seem to think they do a Great Job out there, I have not heard of any children getting hit on any of the posts that they have, And I do say some of the Guards have some Really TOUGH Posts,Between the Traffic and the children Instead  of COMPLAINING about them Give them the CREDIT for PROTECTING your children walking to and from school.Maybe if you went out there and talked to them once in awhile, You would see that there are alot of nice ones out there. At least they care for your CHILDS SAFTEY!!!! I don't SEE you out there Crossing the children. So PUT AN EGG IN YOUR SHOE AND BEAT IT!!!!. KUDOS TO ALL YOU GREAT & CARING CROSSING GUARDS (KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK)    :D

68745[/snapback]

what about the two children hit by cars on the corners of hamilton and fourth and on the corner of harrison and fourth st while all guards were on duty! listen blow it out your ass! you people S**K and whine too much buy yourselves some teeth and soap!

OK you may be one the crossing guards who is always on time and doing the job. But not all are like you. I am out walking every morning and I can tell you that not all guards are on their corner at 7:45 or at least they cannot be seen at the corner, one guard is sitting on the steps of a house a number of feet from the corner. As a senior citizen myself I can understand that it is hard to stand on your feet for that length of time, so tell me why she is not retired and give a young women  that job. Also a lot of them spend more time talking than watching. I have seen very young children waiting for the guard to cross them while she is busy talking to a friend at her corner. Can't a patrol car ride around and make sure the guards are doing their duty and not bidding their time and wasting our money.

69247[/snapback]

Why does everyone think being a crossing guard is not a real job? Because it is part time? This is ridiculuos there are many part time jobs ,they are "real" jobs. Perhaps they like a part time job. Maybe they are supplementing their SS, which we all know doesn't go far these days. Perhaps they have children and need to be home after school to care for them. If you put a child in afterschool programs sometimes it doesn't pay to work. You are just working to pay the babysitter. Everyone has their reasons for doing the job they do. Who are you to judge what they are? Being a crossing guard is a respectable job, but I guess they can't win . If they are working the job isn't good enough for you and if they are not working they are losers. Some people on this site will complain about anything.

I would like to see some of 1/2 brained arrogant TWITS out there, in the weathewr that We have had in the past 2 days....Think not.

69153[/snapback]

I tried several times to get a job as a crossing guard but guess what. I am not related to anyone in town and I don't kiss ass and also I won't vote for the mayor, therefore I will never get a job in this town.