Jim Mangin's Hudson County Fund-Raising

Guest Speaking of the Truth

Down below on this board it came out that Jim Mangin accepted substantial contributions from Hudson County politicians when he ran for Mayor 2003. What did he have to promise to accept those contributions? One of those politicians who gave Mangin money was ex-Hudson County Assemblyman Impreveduto -- the same Impreveduto who pled guilty to embezzling his own campaign funds. Shouldn't Mangin at the very least return contributions from a convict?

In case you missed it below, I copied below the original Mangin quote about his campaign fund-raising which turned out to be a bald-faced lie and the reply from MangWarp detailing some of his campaign money sources. Like Realist, I'm still waiting to hear why he lied about the contributions, why he took Hudson County money, and why he hasn't returned the contributions he received from a politician who last year resigned in disgrace. Mangin's only reply was a non-responsive response that doesn't deny any of it.

Mangin's posted statement:

And speaking of the truth, my so-called ". . . heavily County financed team" was anything but. We didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems. And we were out-spent by Mayor Santos $59,000 to $34,000. Our money came from fund raising.

MangWarp's posted reply:

Jim,

I went to www.elec.state.nj.us and you know what I found? That you're warp mode again.

Here are the facts from NJ ELEC:

Santos spent $14,743.44 on his primary race against you for Mayor in 2003. That's on Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses." On the Santos final report for the 2003 primary, he transferred over 30,000 of unspent funds to his general election campaign. The final report also shows a variety of contributions to other candidates, community fund-raisers and noncampaign expenses of about $14,000 over a two year period. The Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses on the final Mangin report is $34,846.59.

As to your statement that you 'didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems,' that's one amazing lie, Jim. Again from the NJ Elec reports, YOU received:

$1,000 from Hudson County Assemblyman Anthony Impreveduto (now out of office for embezzling campaign funds) and

$1,000 from Secaucus (Hudson County) Mayor Elwell and

$1,000 from North Bergen (Hudson County) Town Attorney Herb Klitzner and

$1,000 from Union City (Hudson County) Mayor Stack's campaign fund and

$1,000 from the North Hudson Regional Fire Dep't Attorney Ralph Lamparello and

$10,000 (yes ten thousand) from North Bergen Mayor Nick Sacco's North Bergen Democratic committee.

Those are just the blatant Hudson County Dems. You'd have to research some of the other donor names on the report to determine their connections to Hudson County Dems.

And you also have to research what expenses were paid by the Hudson County Democrats for the production, printing and mailing of your glossy literature. At least two of those don't turn up on your reports. Perhaps you should speak to your Treasurer (Steve Marks) as whether the limitations period is up on incomplete and inaccurate filings?

Guest Fill Kearny
Down below on this board it came out that Jim Mangin accepted substantial contributions from Hudson County politicians when he ran for Mayor 2003.  What did he have to promise to accept those contributions?  One of those politicians who gave Mangin money was ex-Hudson County Assemblyman Impreveduto -- the same Impreveduto who pled guilty to embezzling his own campaign funds.  Shouldn't Mangin at the very least return contributions from a convict?

In case you missed it below, I copied below the original Mangin quote about his campaign fund-raising which turned out to be a bald-faced lie and the reply from MangWarp detailing some of his campaign money sources.  Like Realist, I'm still waiting to hear why he lied about the contributions, why he took Hudson County money, and why he hasn't returned the contributions he received from a politician who last year resigned in disgrace.  Mangin's only reply was a non-responsive response that doesn't deny any of it.   

And speaking of the truth, my so-called ". . . heavily County financed team" was anything but. We didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems. And we were out-spent by Mayor Santos $59,000 to $34,000. Our money came from fund raising.

MangWarp's posted reply:

Jim,

I went to www.elec.state.nj.us and you know what I found? That you're warp mode again.

Santos spent $14,743.44 on his primary race against you for Mayor in 2003. That's on Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses." On the Santos final report for the 2003 primary, he transferred over 30,000 of unspent funds to his general election campaign. The final report also shows a variety of contributions to other candidates, community fund-raisers and noncampaign expenses of about $14,000 over a two year period. The Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses on the final Mangin report is $34,846.59.

As to your statement that you 'didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems,' that's one amazing lie, Jim. Again from the NJ Elec reports, YOU received:

$1,000 from Hudson County Assemblyman Anthony Impreveduto (now out of office for embezzling campaign funds) and

$10,000 (yes ten thousand) from North Bergen Mayor Nick Sacco's North Bergen Democratic committee.

Those are just the blatant Hudson County Dems. You'd have to research some of the other donor names on the report to determine their connections to Hudson County Dems.

And you also have to research what expenses were paid by the Hudson County Democrats for the production, printing and mailing of your glossy literature. At least two of those don't turn up on your reports. Perhaps you should speak to your Treasurer (Steve Marks) as whether the limitations period is up on incomplete and inaccurate filings?

When are you people going to listen to me about my beloved town, Kearrny?

Jim Mangin is nothing but a B.S. artist, along with all the people associated with him! (i.e. Bert Diaz, The Campbell Twins)

Even when you catch him lying, he still has an explanation. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, do us all a favor and just disapear.......for the good of my old Town.

When are you people going to listen to me about my beloved town, Kearrny?

Jim Mangin is nothing but a B.S. artist, along with all the people associated with him!  (i.e. Bert Diaz, The Campbell Twins)

Even when you catch him lying, he still has an explanation.  Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, do us all a favor and just disapear.......for the good of my old Town.

:lol::lol: ha ha ha ouch that hurts you are so funny! santos you can't even spell the names right! but hey you can do stand up!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Your full of it to
Down below on this board it came out that Jim Mangin accepted substantial contributions from Hudson County politicians when he ran for Mayor 2003.  What did he have to promise to accept those contributions?  One of those politicians who gave Mangin money was ex-Hudson County Assemblyman Impreveduto -- the same Impreveduto who pled guilty to embezzling his own campaign funds.  Shouldn't Mangin at the very least return contributions from a convict?

In case you missed it below, I copied below the original Mangin quote about his campaign fund-raising which turned out to be a bald-faced lie and the reply from MangWarp detailing some of his campaign money sources.  Like Realist, I'm still waiting to hear why he lied about the contributions, why he took Hudson County money, and why he hasn't returned the contributions he received from a politician who last year resigned in disgrace.  Mangin's only reply was a non-responsive response that doesn't deny any of it.   

MangWarp's posted reply:

Jim,

Al please tell us what you had to promise the county politicos for the clerks job? Come on Al aint nothing for nothing you said it your self , in so many words. You really do think people are stupid. You don't swim with sharks unless you are a shark. Lets face it our mayor pisses in the same pot as the county bosses. He's on his way.

Al please tell us what you had to promise the county politicos for the clerks job? Come on Al aint nothing for nothing you said it your self , in so many words. You really do think people are stupid. You don't swim with sharks unless you are a shark. Lets face it our mayor pisses in the same pot as the county bosses. He's on his way.

Or:

Jim please tell us what you had to promise the county politicos for the mayors job? Come on Jim aint nothing for nothing you said it your self , in so many words. You really do think people are stupid. You don't swim with sharks unless you are a shark. Lets face it our former councilman pisses in the same pot as the county bosses. He's on his way.

MangWarp's posted reply:

Jim,

you people are so scared ****less of Mangin!!!

i'll take him over santos any day.

Or:

Jim please tell us what you had to promise the county politicos for the mayors job? Come on Jim aint nothing for nothing you said it your self , in so many words. You really do think people are stupid. You don't swim with sharks unless you are a shark. Lets face it our former councilman pisses in the same pot as the county bosses. He's on his way.

You don't have to fear opposition the mayor and mary took care of that with all the illegal voter registrations. But this shows that you consider Magin a threat and that you are doing the same thing. Good job my ass, Al you got your hand out to.

Guest Guest Who?
You don't have to fear opposition the mayor and mary took care of that with all the illegal voter registrations. But this shows that you consider Magin a threat and that you are doing the same thing. Good job my ass, Al you got your hand out to.

Then make sure you cast that write-in for Jim Magin. :lol:

Here's another Hudson County contributor to Jim Mangin:

$1,000 from North Bergen (Hudson County) Board of Education Member Miguel Hector.

Guest Nathan R. Jessep

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, former councilman Mangin? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Kearny and curse the Council; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Kearny's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that Council, you need me on that Council. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Here's another Hudson County contributor to Jim Mangin:

$1,000 from North Bergen (Hudson County) Board of Education Member Miguel Hector.

I found another Hudson County contributer to Jim Mangin:

$500 Peter Mangin (Jersey City)

Guest Too Funny
How about..."signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours"

You must all be on something. they don't give out county jobs for nothing. They will expect complete loyalty from Santos. That's just the way it is. Don't forget the expected political contributions that are expected (without having to be be asked). He has a rep for being really cheap. The real player here is Al Cifelli who probably secured the job for him. Unlike Santos, Al is liked by most of the county leaders.

Anybody know where Jeane Byrnes moved to? Hear she commutes (county car & county gas). We taxpayers are sweet.

Guest Wondering 2
You must all be on something. they don't give out county jobs for nothing. They will expect complete loyalty from Santos. That's just the way it is. Don't forget the expected political contributions that are expected (without having to be be asked).  He has a rep for being really cheap.  The real player here is Al Cifelli who probably secured the job for him.  Unlike Santos, Al is liked by most of the county leaders.

Anybody know where Jeane Byrnes moved to?  Hear she commutes (county car & county gas).  We taxpayers are sweet.

Guess it's a secret. Hmmmmm

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, former councilman Mangin? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Kearny and curse the Council; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Kearny's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that Council, you need me on that Council. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Colonel, you really have to stop watching corny movies and get out more.

I found another Hudson County contributer to Jim Mangin:

$500 Peter Mangin (Jersey City)

Some of you people are sick (and poor spellers).

Jim Mangin

ps - I thought this discussion was about the Hudson County Democratic Organization and the $1,500 check they rec'd from Mayor Santos. I'll say it again - we didn't receive one dollar from the HCDO.

pps - Don't forget the $35 my other cousin (not Peter) gave me. He's from Hudson County too.

Some of you people are sick (and poor spellers).

Jim Mangin

ps - I thought this discussion was about the Hudson County Democratic Organization and the $1,500 check they rec'd from Mayor Santos. I'll say it again - we didn't receive one dollar from the HCDO.

pps - Don't forget the $35 my other cousin (not Peter) gave me. He's from Hudson County too.

The discussion was, as always, about the truth (the whole truth). Splitting hairs and using semantics to disguise the truth is an art, but you've got it down pat.

In a previous post, I alluded to the fact that while the checks you received may not have been drawn directly from an HCDO account (since the County organization is, by design, dissuaded from financing municipal primaries), the majority of your funds were obtained from the HCDO hierarchy through other avenues. And you know what? No one really cares, except for the fact that, in your attempt to come off as independent, you lied about it!

You really think that Stack and Elwell give a crap about you or your track record? They were told who to back and how much to give. IT WASN'T ABOUT YOU!

Guest I LIKE NIC
The discussion was, as always, about the truth (the whole truth). Splitting hairs and using semantics to disguise the truth is an art, but you've got it down pat.

In a previous post, I alluded to the fact that while the checks you received may not have been drawn directly from an HCDO account (since the County organization is, by design, dissuaded from financing municipal primaries), the majority of your funds were obtained from the HCDO hierarchy through other avenues. And you know what? No one really cares, except for the fact that, in your attempt to come off as independent, you lied about it!

You really think that Stack and Elwell give a crap about you or your track record? They were told who to back and how much to give. IT WASN'T ABOUT YOU!

Why realist who cares? This stuff is all history, it's done. The issue now is Santos taking the job payoff. You know that with out the HCDO nod, he would'nt get the job. So realist your boy is paid for, he belongs to the dark side now. Start putting up those Sacco signs. Realist your so plastic. Really

Why realist who cares? This stuff is all history, it's done. The issue now is Santos taking the job payoff. You know that with out the HCDO nod, he would'nt get  the job. So realist your boy is paid for, he belongs to the dark side now. Start putting up those Sacco signs. Realist your so plastic. Really

You're absolutely right. It is history---a history you refuse to accept. Even after Santos withdrew his name for the State Senate race, the County organization sought to punish his righteous ambition by running a full, well financed slate against him in the municipal primary. The attempt failed miserably. So the County, not wishing to be further associated with such a titanic blunder, has cast out the opportunist pretender to the throne and re-embraced the true King. I prefer to think of Santos' new position as a just and conciliatory reward rather than a "payoff".

Now that Hudson County Dems are all one big happy family again and running on the same line, I would be delighted to put up Sacco signs.

But of course Santos wouldn't do any of this, riiiight! :lol:

Archived