Jim Mangin's Hudson County Fund-Raising

Guest Speaking of the Truth

You're absolutely right. It is history---a history you refuse to accept. Even after Santos withdrew his name for the State Senate race, the County organization sought to punish his righteous ambition by running a full, well financed slate against him in the municipal primary. The attempt failed miserably. So the County, not wishing to be further associated with such a titanic blunder, has cast out the opportunist pretender to the throne and re-embraced the true King. I prefer to think of Santos' new position as a just and conciliatory reward rather than a "payoff".

Now that Hudson County Dems are all one big happy family again and running on the same line, I would be delighted to put up Sacco signs.

Reward! Paint this picture with any brush you choose, but it's still a pay off. The good king is just a prince in the eyes of the county. He will do as he is told or collect unemployment. The good king is made of plastic. Get those signs ready king.

Reward! Paint this picture with any brush you choose, but it's still a pay off. The good king is just a prince in the eyes of the county. He will do as he is told or collect unemployment. The good king is made of plastic. Get those signs ready king.

"Prince" will do...for now! Unemployment? Please, a guy this intelligent and talented will only be unemployed if he chooses to.

BTW: I detect a rather Loki-ish quality to that post.

"Prince" will do...for now! Unemployment? Please, a guy this intelligent and talented will only be unemployed if he chooses to.

BTW: I detect a rather Loki-ish quality to that post.

No my good prince, this is not Loki. Just choose to follow orders.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest You may be right, I may be crazy

"He will do as he is told, or he will collect unemployment"? You are absolutely correct. The very first time Mayor Santos is asked or told to do anything that will compromise his integrity he will walk, as fast as he can, away from that job. The County Dems still keep the man at an arms length, they don't want him to be looking over their shoulder.

Guest You've never won an election
Why did Mayor Santos need to transfer $30,000 to his November election when he was running unopposed?

That's a Campaign Finance 101 question. Answer: Because the primary election was over and State law requires that all leftover campaign funds be carried to the next election if you win. If you lose, additional restrictions apply.

That's a Campaign Finance 101 question.  Answer:  Because the primary election was over and State law requires that all leftover campaign funds be carried to the next election if you win.  If you lose, additional restrictions apply.

And what might those restrictions be?

Archived