ROOFS LEAKING IN ALL SCHOOLS AFTER BEING FIXED

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

President Torres, Former board member and Chairman of the Building and Grounds Committee David Stevenson ,and current member and Chairman Michael Martello need to tell the public why all this "TAX MONEY" went into in (most cases replaced) and repaired "SCHOOL ROOFS" only to have all these roofs producing major leaks everywhere in the schools. The lack of OVERSIGHT by these board members allowed this mess to exsist and in the end this will most likely end up costing the school district more money in the future. TAXPAYERS!! REMEMBER THIS COME ELECTION DAY!!!!! TORRES. STEVENSON, MARTELLO ( ITS TIME TO MAKE CHANGE THAT WORKS FOR OUR CHILDREN) Lets make a clean sweep this April 2006. P.S. The amount of money that was spent on these roofs was alot.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
President Torres, Former board member and Chairman of the Building and Grounds Committee David Stevenson ,and current member and Chairman Michael Martello need to tell the public why all this "TAX MONEY" went into in (most cases replaced) and repaired "SCHOOL ROOFS" only to have all these roofs producing major leaks everywhere in the schools.      The lack of OVERSIGHT by these board members allowed this mess to exsist and in the end this will most likely end up costing the school district more money in the future.    TAXPAYERS!!  REMEMBER THIS COME ELECTION DAY!!!!!        TORRES. STEVENSON, MARTELLO      ( ITS TIME TO MAKE CHANGE THAT WORKS FOR OUR CHILDREN)    Lets make a clean sweep this April 2006.  P.S. The amount of money that was spent on these roofs was alot.

Lets be fair about this. The roofs would have never leaked if it did not rain. So if you look at the stats you will find that 90% of the time the roofs do not leak.

President Torres, Former board member and Chairman of the Building and Grounds Committee David Stevenson ,and current member and Chairman Michael Martello need to tell the public why all this "TAX MONEY" went into in (most cases replaced) and repaired "SCHOOL ROOFS" only to have all these roofs producing major leaks everywhere in the schools.      The lack of OVERSIGHT by these board members allowed this mess to exsist and in the end this will most likely end up costing the school district more money in the future.    TAXPAYERS!!  REMEMBER THIS COME ELECTION DAY!!!!!        TORRES. STEVENSON, MARTELLO      ( ITS TIME TO MAKE CHANGE THAT WORKS FOR OUR CHILDREN)    Lets make a clean sweep this April 2006.  P.S. The amount of money that was spent on these roofs was alot.

TORRES, STEVENSON, MARTELLO. THREE FORMER BOE PRESIDENTS AND THE THREE REASONS WHY YOUR TAXES ARE SO HIGH.

Guest THE NOISY MINORITY

The amount of 'TAX MONEY" spent on these roofs is ZERO. The repairs were financed through a lease purchase in conjunction with State money (40%) that will be repaid through the energy $$$ saved by the solar panel installations! BTW, the solar panels will also cost Kearny taxpayers ZERO. If anything, the BOE (including TORRES, STEVENSON, MARTELLO) should be COMMENDED for their foresight in persuing these projects.

The roofing projects are still ongoing, ie., flashing and punchlist items. As a matter of fact, none of the contractors have yet to be paid in full, and

won't be until everything is done to the BOE's satisfaction. Unfortunately, even when the roofs are repaired, there may still be water problems caused by the erosion of existing brickwork on the buildings and old windows.

Many of these problems at the High School will be addressed by the Port Authority project, which will provide all new windows, ventilation, and when added to $$ provided by the State, new classrooms. ALL AT NO COST TO THE KEARNY TAXPAYER AND WITH AN APPROXIMATE VALUE OF $44 MILLION. It would be great if taxpayers remembered THIS in April.

So, Silent Majority, perhaps you should remain SILENT when you are so lacking in the facts.

The amount of 'TAX MONEY" spent on these roofs is ZERO.  The repairs were financed through a lease purchase in conjunction with State money (40%) that will be repaid through the energy $$$ saved by the solar panel installations!  BTW, the solar panels will also cost Kearny taxpayers ZERO.  If anything, the BOE (including TORRES, STEVENSON, MARTELLO) should be COMMENDED for their foresight in persuing these projects. 

The roofing projects are still ongoing, ie., flashing and punchlist items.  As a matter of fact, none of the contractors have yet to be paid in full, and

won't be until everything is done to the BOE's satisfaction.  Unfortunately, even when the roofs are repaired, there may still be water problems caused by the erosion of existing brickwork on the buildings and old windows. 

Many of these problems at the High School will be addressed by the Port Authority project, which will provide all new windows, ventilation, and when added to $$ provided by the State, new classrooms.  ALL AT NO COST TO THE KEARNY TAXPAYER AND WITH AN APPROXIMATE VALUE OF $44 MILLION.  It would be great if taxpayers remembered THIS in April.

So, Silent Majority, perhaps you should remain SILENT when you are so lacking in the facts.

What planet did you just beam down from?!??!!?!? Where is anything done for nothing?

When will the roof jobs be done to the BOE's satisfaction, there was just a major blowout and flood in a school.

You and the BOE know nothing about PRIORITIES!!! Keep voting in the same crew, they're doing a great job.

The amount of 'TAX MONEY" spent on these roofs is ZERO.  The repairs were financed through a lease purchase in conjunction with State money (40%) that will be repaid through the energy $$$ saved by the solar panel installations!  BTW, the solar panels will also cost Kearny taxpayers ZERO.  If anything, the BOE (including TORRES, STEVENSON, MARTELLO) should be COMMENDED for their foresight in persuing these projects. 

The roofing projects are still ongoing, ie., flashing and punchlist items.  As a matter of fact, none of the contractors have yet to be paid in full, and

won't be until everything is done to the BOE's satisfaction.  Unfortunately, even when the roofs are repaired, there may still be water problems caused by the erosion of existing brickwork on the buildings and old windows. 

Many of these problems at the High School will be addressed by the Port Authority project, which will provide all new windows, ventilation, and when added to $$ provided by the State, new classrooms.  ALL AT NO COST TO THE KEARNY TAXPAYER AND WITH AN APPROXIMATE VALUE OF $44 MILLION.  It would be great if taxpayers remembered THIS in April.

So, I guess we got what we paid for!

Guest Noisy Minority
What planet did you just beam down from?!??!!?!? Where is anything done for nothing?

When will the roof jobs be done to the BOE's satisfaction, there was just a major blowout and flood in a school.

You and the BOE know nothing about PRIORITIES!!!  Keep voting in the same crew, they're doing a great job.

You're awfully nasty, aren't you?

O.K., if I don't know what I'm talking about, maybe you can educate everyone with the REAL facts. Make that YOUR priority and tell us all what YOU know.

It's people like you who scream and yell at anyone who presents facts and then NEVER come back and present facts of their own. So go ahead. Educate me. Tell me why and how I'M wrong. But stick to facts, not screaming accusations from just another lunatic with an empty head. And try to stick to the topic. Stay focused. Don't go spiraling off onto another rant.

I anxiously await your response.

You're awfully nasty, aren't you? 

O.K., if I don't know what I'm talking about, maybe you can educate everyone with the REAL facts.  Make that YOUR priority and tell us all what YOU know. 

It's people like you who scream and yell at anyone who presents facts and then NEVER come back and present facts of their own.  So go ahead.  Educate me.  Tell me why and how I'M wrong.  But stick to facts, not screaming accusations from just another lunatic with an empty head.  And try to stick to the topic.  Stay focused.  Don't go spiraling off onto another rant. 

I anxiously await your response.

The facts;

1. The school buildings and roofs are falling apart. The Schuyler School expansion was a joke, it's already full, more poor planning. Even the repairs that have been done aren't any good. This didn't happen yesterday it's been going on for years while money was wasted on things like palm scanners.

2. Programs like putting solar panels on the buildings in the long run cost the district money. A public school district is the worst place in the world to test programs like this.

3. A fortune paid for computer technology in the elementary schools. Do you know what those computers are now used for? GEPA Test preparation. Way to bring the kids into the 21st century.

How's that for a start? I'm sure some other folks will add some of their favorites and you'll see that you truly are, as your name says, in the minority.

Just keep thinking everthing is OK and maybe it will work out.

REMEMBER THE MISMANAGEMENT THAT WAS DONE HERE AND THE LACK OF OVERSIGHT RESULTING IN POOR ROOF REPAIRS FAILED PROJECTS. TORRES, STEVENSON, MARTELLO ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS MESS!!!!!!! A CLEAN SWEEP IN APRIL THROW THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
REMEMBER THE MISMANAGEMENT THAT WAS DONE HERE AND THE LACK OF OVERSIGHT RESULTING IN POOR ROOF REPAIRS FAILED PROJECTS.  TORRES, STEVENSON, MARTELLO ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS MESS!!!!!!!  A CLEAN SWEEP IN APRIL      THROW THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE:Dave Stevenson was already "VOTED OUT" this pass April 2005. Although his ticket won He, Dave Stevenson LOST. Thank God and all the wise citizens of Kearny that Mr. Paul Castelli took Dave Stevenson's seat on the Board.Now we must focus our efforts on taking Mary Torres out this coming April 2006. She has been on the Kearny Board of Education for 21 years, way TOO LONG, and time for a change.Mary Torres is also a personal PAID Assistant to Mayor Santos which is a big conflict of interest according to many of the Kearny Residents that we talk to.She has also MIS APPROPRIATED numerous public funds on the Kearny Board of Education like the electronic hand scanners. Martello does NOT want to run again so he will NOT continue to be a problem.

Guest Noisy Minority
The facts;

1. The school buildings and roofs are falling apart.  The Schuyler School expansion was a joke, it's already full, more poor planning.  Even the repairs that have been done aren't any good.  This didn't happen yesterday it's been going on for years while money was wasted on things like palm scanners.

2. Programs like putting solar panels on the buildings in the long run cost the district money.  A public school district is the worst place in the world to test programs like this.

3.  A fortune paid for computer technology in the elementary schools.  Do you know what those computers are now used for?  GEPA Test preparation.  Way to bring the kids into the 21st century.

How's that for a start? I'm sure some other folks will add some of their favorites and you'll see that you truly are, as your name says, in the minority.

I’ll address your response methodically. The facts:

1. Roofs on six school buildings (no repairs necessary for Franklin) are in the process of being replaced in preparation for the installation of solar panels. Cost – approx. $2,200,000. Cost to Kearny taxpayers - $0

The Schuyler School expansion is a joke? Why, wasn’t there a need for another junior high in town? Or do you mean the construction itself? What was poor about the planning? Maybe that was the best use of the money available WITHOUT going to the taxpayer. I’m sure you know that the addition was built without Kearny taxpayers’ money, right?

What are the repairs that have been done that don’t meet your level of satisfaction? Be specific.

Palm scanners? Please, get over it.

2. Why and how will installing solar panels cost the district money in the long run?

Why is a school district the WORST place for programs such as this?

3. How much of “a fortune” has been spent for “computer technology in the elementary schools”? Is preparation for GEPA the only way these computers are being used?

I look forward to hearing from other folks about their favorites.

I’m in the minority? Even if that were true, I could really care less.

I never said everything is OK.

What will work out?

I’ll address your response methodically.  The facts:

1.  Roofs on six school buildings (no repairs necessary for Franklin) are in the process of being replaced in preparation for the installation of solar panels.  Cost – approx. $2,200,000.  Cost to Kearny taxpayers - $0

Please stop with the zero cost to tax payers argument, there is no such thing.  The work was done and it is failing.

2. The Schuyler School expansion is a joke?  Why, wasn’t there a need for another junior high in town?  Or do you mean the construction itself?  What was poor about the planning?  Maybe that was the best use of the money available WITHOUT going to the taxpayer.  I’m sure you know that the addition was built without Kearny taxpayers’ money, right?

What are the repairs that have been done that don’t meet your level of satisfaction?  Be specific. 

Stop thinking so much.  It's simple, the expansion of the school was not planned properly, it is already overcrowded. 

There is no such thing as doing anything "without Kearny taxpayers' money".

For one, the Schuyler School Gym's floor is failing.

3. Palm scanners?  Please, get over it.

Why get over it, it was a waste of time and money, just one of many, and it's main purpose was to punish the teachers.

4.  Why and how will installing solar panels cost the district money in the long run? 

Why is a school district the WORST place for programs such as this?

Who do you think is going to support and maintain such a project, you don't get something for nothing.  Schools are always the worst place to test projects like these, and that's what it is a test, nobody knows whether it will be succesful or not.  I'll bet you that those solar panels will be rotting up there, useless, within a few years.

3.  How much of “a fortune” has been spent for “computer technology in the elementary schools”?  Is preparation for GEPA the only way these computers are being used?

How much do you think it cost to outfit all of the computer labs, install servers and networks, and pay teachers to teach computers?  Of course don't forget to figure in the cost of upgrading the labs with new computers since they were first opened.  And for what? Test preparation.  And that's only the labs, what about the computers in every classroom, all networked and then a paid network administrator in every school.

KOTW Note: The above post is an example of how not to quote. If you are going to quote, please make sure that the bracketed /quote is before your comment otherwise your comment will become part of the quote and be set off in a highlighted quote box. I've corrected most errors but have decided from this point forward to post them as is or delete them entirely. So watch how you're quoting.

Please explain how these projects cost taxpayers nothing. Don't forget to include the rising costs we pay to companies who "donate" goods and services to the district and rising local, state, and federal taxes.

Guest Tom Macfie
KOTW Note: The above post is an example of how not to quote.  If you are going to quote, please make sure that the bracketed /quote is before your comment otherwise your comment will become part of the quote and be set off in a highlighted quote box.  I've corrected most errors but have decided from this point forward to post them as is or delete them entirely.  So watch how you're quoting.

Since I’ve been contacted by several people regarding the topics on this discussion board, I have decided to respond directly, with complete and accurate facts. This will be my first and last response on this forum:

1. The roofs, which have not yet been fully completed, were totally paid for in a roundabout way through grants. The SCC paid 40%. The ENERGY SAVINGS from solar will finance the balance. As a resident of NJ you pay taxes, some portion of which probably goes to different grants. But you did NOT pay one penny to the Town or Kearny or the BOE for the installation of approx. 2.2 MILLION DOLLARS of new roofs on 6 schools.

2. The Schuyler School Expansion (new library, 2 computer rooms, science room, gymnasium, and additional classrooms) created a middle school to keep those students in one building until High School, and was paid for by 60% Early Childhood funding (from the State of NJ) and 40% Schools Construction Corp. (NJSCC) funding. This approx. 10.6 million dollar project was AGAIN not taken from taxes paid to the Town of Kearny or the BOE. By the way, that funding also made possible the construction of 11 additional classrooms and a new gym at Franklin School and 4 new classrooms at Washington School.

The BOE considered at a middle school at a cost of approx. 21 million dollars because they agreed there was a need. It would have required a bond referendum that would have asked the taxpayers for approx. $13 million. They also looked at acquiring St. Cecilia’s, but didn’t think the taxpayers should spend the approx. 5 million dollars to upgrade it.

The BOE did, however, find a way to get approximately the same square footage of a middle school and much more at Lincoln and the High School by working with the Port Authority of NY/NJ and again, the SCC. I say much more because these two schools will be renovated, including new windows, new boilers and air conditioning PLUS additional classroom space, with an approx. 44 million dollar GRANT from Port Authority and 27 million dollars in funding from the NJSCC. NO TAX DOLLARS FROM TOWN OR BOE.

3. Solar has been at the High School since 2001, a $280,000 project that cost Kearny taxpayers approx. $38,000. The remainder of the funding was supplied by 2 separate Board of Public Utilities GRANTS and a GRANT from the State of NJ for “Schools and Hospitals”.

The panels are projected to last 20 years. The BOE and the Kearny taxpayers just received a check in the amount of $10,200 for selling renewable energy credits to a power provider. We will receive similar checks for the next 5 years guaranteed, and probably longer for just that project at the High School.

Here is the math on the NEW solar projects at ALL 7 SCHOOLS: Approx. 6.8 million dollars of solar. Funding - Approx. 4.1 million dollar REBATE from the Board of Public Utilities, 2.7 million dollars GRANT from NJ Schools Construction Corp., and ZERO dollars from the Town of Kearny and/or the KBOE budgets.

Some of the benefits are: $300,000/year in energy SAVINGS and the sale of renewable energy credits.

A. Potential for first-hand study of renewable energy by students.

B. Tremendous environmental benefits by avoiding the use of fossil fuels.

C. Lessens our dependency to oil-producing countries.

A side benefit – the UV rays that deteriorate roofs will now be blocked by solar panels – while producing energy!

With the world demand for oil escalating at its current rate, the world’s supply will not be able to keep up with demand.

Here's a rhetorical question - Why not schools with their large flat roofs?

Tom Macfie, KBOE Director of Plant Operations

Since I’ve been contacted by several people regarding the topics on this discussion board, I have decided to respond directly, with complete and accurate facts.  This will be my first and last response on this forum:

1. The roofs, which have not yet been fully completed, were totally paid for in a roundabout way through grants.  The SCC paid 40%.  The ENERGY SAVINGS from solar will finance the balance.  As a resident of NJ you pay taxes, some portion of which probably goes to different grants.  But you did NOT pay one penny to the Town or Kearny or the BOE for the installation of approx. 2.2 MILLION DOLLARS of new roofs on 6 schools. 

2. The Schuyler School Expansion (new library, 2 computer rooms, science room, gymnasium, and additional classrooms) created a middle school to keep those students in one building until High School, and was paid for by 60% Early Childhood funding  (from the State of NJ) and 40% Schools Construction Corp. (NJSCC) funding.  This approx. 10.6 million dollar project was AGAIN not taken from taxes paid to the Town of Kearny or the BOE.  By the way, that funding also made possible the construction of 11 additional classrooms and a new gym at Franklin School and 4 new classrooms at Washington School.

The BOE considered at a middle school at a cost of approx. 21 million dollars because they agreed there was a need.  It would have required a bond referendum that would have asked the taxpayers for approx. $13 million.  They also looked at acquiring St. Cecilia’s, but didn’t think the taxpayers should spend the approx. 5 million dollars to upgrade it.

The BOE did, however, find a way to get approximately the same square footage of a middle school and much more at Lincoln and the High School by working with the Port Authority of NY/NJ and again, the SCC.  I say much more because these two schools will be renovated, including new windows, new boilers and air conditioning PLUS additional classroom space, with an approx. 44 million dollar GRANT from Port Authority and 27 million dollars in funding from the NJSCC.  NO TAX DOLLARS FROM TOWN OR BOE. 

3.  Solar has been at the High School since 2001, a $280,000 project that cost Kearny taxpayers approx. $38,000.  The remainder of the funding was supplied by 2 separate Board of Public Utilities GRANTS and a GRANT from the State of NJ for “Schools and Hospitals”.   

The panels are projected to last 20 years.  The BOE and the Kearny taxpayers just received a check in the amount of $10,200 for selling renewable energy credits to a power provider.  We will receive similar checks for the next 5 years guaranteed, and probably longer for just that project at the High School.

Here is the math on the NEW solar projects at ALL 7 SCHOOLS:  Approx. 6.8 million dollars of solar.  Funding - Approx. 4.1 million dollar REBATE from the Board of Public Utilities, 2.7 million dollars GRANT from NJ Schools Construction Corp., and ZERO dollars from the Town of Kearny and/or the KBOE budgets.

Some of the benefits are:  $300,000/year in energy SAVINGS and the sale of renewable energy credits. 

A side benefit – the UV rays that deteriorate roofs will now be blocked by solar panels – while producing energy!

With the world demand for oil escalating at its current rate, the world’s supply will not be able to keep up with demand.

Okay SILENT MAJORITY (Bert) or Bert (SILENT MAJORITY), let's hear your spin on this! Did Mary make him post? Or was it Big AL? :lol:

Since I’ve been contacted by several people regarding the topics on this discussion board, I have decided to respond directly, with complete and accurate facts.  This will be my first and last response on this forum:

1. The roofs, which have not yet been fully completed, were totally paid for in a roundabout way through grants.  The SCC paid 40%.  The ENERGY SAVINGS from solar will finance the balance.  As a resident of NJ you pay taxes, some portion of which probably goes to different grants.  But you did NOT pay one penny to the Town or Kearny or the BOE for the installation of approx. 2.2 MILLION DOLLARS of new roofs on 6 schools. 

2. The Schuyler School Expansion (new library, 2 computer rooms, science room, gymnasium, and additional classrooms) created a middle school to keep those students in one building until High School, and was paid for by 60% Early Childhood funding  (from the State of NJ) and 40% Schools Construction Corp. (NJSCC) funding.  This approx. 10.6 million dollar project was AGAIN not taken from taxes paid to the Town of Kearny or the BOE.  By the way, that funding also made possible the construction of 11 additional classrooms and a new gym at Franklin School and 4 new classrooms at Washington School.

The BOE considered at a middle school at a cost of approx. 21 million dollars because they agreed there was a need.  It would have required a bond referendum that would have asked the taxpayers for approx. $13 million.  They also looked at acquiring St. Cecilia’s, but didn’t think the taxpayers should spend the approx. 5 million dollars to upgrade it.

The BOE did, however, find a way to get approximately the same square footage of a middle school and much more at Lincoln and the High School by working with the Port Authority of NY/NJ and again, the SCC.  I say much more because these two schools will be renovated, including new windows, new boilers and air conditioning PLUS additional classroom space, with an approx. 44 million dollar GRANT from Port Authority and 27 million dollars in funding from the NJSCC.  NO TAX DOLLARS FROM TOWN OR BOE. 

3.  Solar has been at the High School since 2001, a $280,000 project that cost Kearny taxpayers approx. $38,000.  The remainder of the funding was supplied by 2 separate Board of Public Utilities GRANTS and a GRANT from the State of NJ for “Schools and Hospitals”.   

The panels are projected to last 20 years.  The BOE and the Kearny taxpayers just received a check in the amount of $10,200 for selling renewable energy credits to a power provider.  We will receive similar checks for the next 5 years guaranteed, and probably longer for just that project at the High School.

Here is the math on the NEW solar projects at ALL 7 SCHOOLS:  Approx. 6.8 million dollars of solar.  Funding - Approx. 4.1 million dollar REBATE from the Board of Public Utilities, 2.7 million dollars GRANT from NJ Schools Construction Corp., and ZERO dollars from the Town of Kearny and/or the KBOE budgets.

Some of the benefits are:  $300,000/year in energy SAVINGS and the sale of renewable energy credits. 

Government grants, REGARDLESS of where they come from, are funded and paid for by taxpayers. That includes Kearny taxpayers.

Grants that come from corporations are funded by the corporation passing the cost of the grant onto the consumer.

So please let's stop with the funding shell game. We are paying for these programs one way or another.

The school expansions were, at best, a band aid solution. All of the buildings are at maxium capacity. Hiring more teachers won't solve the problem because there are no rooms to teach in. Some teachers are teaching out of converted closets. The only good thing the BOE did was to not approve the building of a middle school in Gunnel Oval. What an insane idea that was.

The solar panel project is a waste of money. I'll answer your question, even though you don't want an answer, with another question. Why just put the systems on schools, if they work so well why isn't every flat roofed building in NJ covered with solar panels? The answer is that these systems are extremely inefficient in this region of the country and the technology, even after a few decades of research and development, is still in it's experimental stages. The cost of collecting, storing, and processing solar energy is far more than any benefit you would get from such a system. These systems aren't even efficient in places like Arizona and New Mexico, and they're using state of the art equipment.

My advice to the BOE; the next time someone offers you grant money keep it simple, buy some things that have a direct effect on the students in the classrooms. Maybe start by replacing those hundred year old chalk boards.

Guest THE SILENT MAJORIY

It's interesting how Mr Macfee has joined in this discussion. We should mention that you were also in charge of overseeing these projects along with STEVENSON, TORRES , and MARTELLO. Your explaination sounds sincere but your motive for being on this website is not, which brings me to the real question (THAT YOU DIDN'T ANSWER) What happened to theses ROOFS????? Why were there major leaks when these ROOFS were repaired???? Will this cost more money in the future as a result of the damage????? Who dropped the ball??? Put the nice guy out there to put a spin on this issue. Is it raise time???

There will be more to talk about than just roofs. I can assure you that much. We will not stop until we blow the roof off everyone that was involved in these failed projects. People will be held accountable!!!!!!

The facts;

1. The school buildings and roofs are falling apart.  The Schuyler School expansion was a joke, it's already full, more poor planning.  Even the repairs that have been done aren't any good.  This didn't happen yesterday it's been going on for years while money was wasted on things like palm scanners.

2. Programs like putting solar panels on the buildings in the long run cost the district money.  A public school district is the worst place in the world to test programs like this.

3.  A fortune paid for computer technology in the elementary schools.  Do you know what those computers are now used for?  GEPA Test preparation.  Way to bring the kids into the 21st century.

Guest Noisy Minority
It's interesting how Mr Macfee has joined in this discussion. We should mention that you were also in charge of overseeing these projects along with STEVENSON, TORRES , and MARTELLO.  Your explaination sounds sincere but your motive for being on this website is not, which brings me to the real question (THAT YOU DIDN'T ANSWER)  What happened to theses ROOFS?????  Why were there major leaks when these ROOFS were repaired???? Will this cost more money in the future as a result of the damage?????  Who dropped the ball???  Put the nice guy out there to put a spin on this issue.        Is it raise time???

The ignorance on this board is astounding. I for one am done with it. I no longer care to read idiotic opinions put forth by people with some kind of axe to grind. A healthy give and take is one thing, but the arguments on here just go round and round in circles. It's amazing how many people who post on here know how to do everything better than anyone else! And the snide, nasty remarks really don't do much to advance information or prove a point, do they?

And a special good-bye to Bert Diaz, the idiot who's going to save the world (starting with the Kearny BOE)! If there are people stupid enough out there to buy into his particular line of crap, we're really in big trouble.

The ignorance on this board is astounding.  I for one am done with it.  I no longer care to read idiotic opinions put forth by people with some kind of axe to grind.  A healthy give and take is one thing, but the arguments on here just go round and round in circles.  It's amazing how many people who post on here know how to do everything better than anyone else!  And the snide, nasty remarks really don't do much to advance information or prove a point, do they?

And a special good-bye to Bert Diaz, the idiot who's going to save the world (starting with the Kearny BOE)!  If there are people stupid enough out there to buy into his particular line of crap, we're really in big trouble.

You're the idiot if you think any of the career BOE members can handle or have handled these problems properly.

It figures you'd cut and run. Goodbye cruel world, the not so noisy minority is leaving us.

The ignorance on this board is astounding.  I for one am done with it.  I no longer care to read idiotic opinions put forth by people with some kind of axe to grind.  A healthy give and take is one thing, but the arguments on here just go round and round in circles.  It's amazing how many people who post on here know how to do everything better than anyone else!  And the snide, nasty remarks really don't do much to advance information or prove a point, do they?

And a special good-bye to Bert Diaz, the idiot who's going to save the world (starting with the Kearny BOE)!  If there are people stupid enough out there to buy into his particular line of crap, we're really in big trouble.

Your right Noisy Minority!

Why can't Loki and A. Realist fix those roof leaks. They should meet once a week in disguise and work on one of these little problems facing Kearny.

As for those people with idiotic opinions. What country do they think they are in America? This is Kearny New Jersey. The new Reich!

Adolph

Archived