Kearny Generals

The Young Punk

I was just wondering why the towns recreation department keeps promising the Kearny Generals equipment and backs out at the last moment. I understand that the town can't pay for everything the team needs but it should still give it at least some things. Every year the town promises them new helmets and every year the Generals use old helmets or ones purchased with fundraising money. I was at a game today and saw how bad it was. A 7 year old boy named Michael had won the 50-50 and got $100 after showing his family what he had won he then gave the team $50 just because the team needs money. The Kearny Generals support themselves. All the equipment they have is due to fundraising and donations by people like that seven year old. The only thing the town of Kearny has provided for them is a field in which they play on. And the field is set-up for games by parents of the players. I think it's time for the town to keep its word to the players and give them equipment. I understand Kearny is not a football town, that it is more geared to soccer than football. But what about the kids who enjoy playing football? I remember when I was on the Generals it was great. In fact I still wear my jersey to school. Yet these kids are punished because the town can't keep their word. I saw team from Bellville today and their helmets to me looked brand-new but I can't say with 100% certanty that they are but Kearny's helmets have chips and scratches in the paint. The chin straps marks from dirt that can not be washed out due to all the years the helmets have been used. As I said before Kearny isn't a football town it's a soccer town. And every year the town does terrible in football, But it may just raise the morale of the players and even some of the coaches if they knew that the town supported them. That the town they play their hearts out for every Sunday morning and practice for every Monday-Friday actually showed that they were proud of the hardwork they do. Kearny always wins the Mayors Cup, which is a game against Harrison best 2 out of 3. And yet the mayor can't give these kids new equipment. These kids are also more dedicated to the sport than I've seen when I played soccer. My brother was so upset for a whole day almost just because he wasn't able to go to practice that day. I mean is that dedication or what. Look I'm gonna end this by saying basically the town screwed the Generals over plain and simple.

I was just wondering why the towns recreation department keeps promising the Kearny Generals equipment and backs out at the last moment. I understand that the town can't pay for everything the team needs but it should still give it at least some things. Every year the town promises them new helmets and every year the Generals use old helmets or ones purchased with fundraising money. I was at a game today and saw how bad it was. A 7 year old boy named Michael had won the 50-50 and got $100 after showing his family what he had won he then gave the team $50 just because the team needs money. The Kearny Generals support themselves. All the equipment they have is due to fundraising and donations by people like that seven year old. The only thing the town of Kearny has provided for them is a field in which they play on. And the field is set-up for games by parents of the players. I think it's time for the town to keep its word to the players and give them equipment. I understand Kearny is not a football town, that it is more geared to soccer than football. But what about the kids who enjoy playing football? I remember when I was on the Generals it was great. In fact I still wear my jersey to school. Yet these kids are punished because the town can't keep their word. I saw team from Bellville today and their helmets to me looked brand-new but I can't say with 100% certanty that they are but Kearny's helmets have chips and scratches in the paint. The chin straps marks from dirt that can not be washed out due to all the years the helmets have been used. As I said before Kearny isn't a football town it's a soccer town. And every year the town does terrible in football, But it may just raise the morale of the players and even some of the coaches if they knew that the town supported them. That the town they play their hearts out for every Sunday morning and practice for every Monday-Friday actually showed that they were proud of the hardwork they do. Kearny always wins the Mayors Cup, which is a game against Harrison  best 2 out of 3. And yet the mayor can't give these kids new equipment.  These kids are also more dedicated to the sport than I've seen when I played soccer. My brother was so upset for a whole day almost just because he wasn't able to go to practice that day. I mean is that dedication or what. Look I'm gonna end this by saying basically the town screwed the Generals over plain and simple.

At least you guys have fields to play on...

We have a group of 7 year old children allowed to gamble in 50-50's and this is what you want the town to support? Hmmmmm.

Tomorrow night is a recreation meeting at the town hall at 7:30. If you would like to see the budget figures that are given to the football program please come to the meeting. The football program is given the most money out of all the recreation programs. Maybe you should be asking the people who run the league what they have been spending the fundraising money on??? See ya tomorrow if you are REALLY concerned and NOT if you are just blowing off steam.

Guest Tired of Paying for Out of Towne

It has come to my attention that our tax dollars and recreation funds are being used to pay for out of towners to be on our teams? Why is this allowed to go on? Because the coaches are unaware of the situations, and if they do know about it, they do not want to hurt their team by disregarding those players. Its about time people started playing in their own town! Waste of our money!

It has come to my attention that our tax dollars and recreation funds are being used to pay for out of towners to be on our teams? Why is this allowed to go on? Because the coaches are unaware of the situations, and if they do know about it, they do not want to hurt their team by disregarding those players. Its about time people started playing in their own town! Waste of our money!

<_<:angry::angry::huh: SANTOS "IS" A WAST OF YOUR MONEY!!!!!! AND YOU ARE A WAST OF MONEY! YOU VOTED FOR HIM!!! 43 YEARS!!!!!1 KID HOW MUCH IS THAT ? LOOK AROUND AT YOUR TOWN AND SEE WHAT A MESS YOU THE VOTER LET HAPPEN!!!!! GET A LIFE!!! :o:angry::angry:

Archived