sad site

Guest What Happened

Guest What Happened

Little girls softball field in manor park is a disgrace. This field was installed 3 years ago, by volunteers. Pretty good job I must admitt. I believe this job was down with no tax payer money even better. What happened to the maintenance. My question is, if the town can't maintain this little field what is going to happen to our other fields. Or the girls fields don't count. Maybe the town should hire the dad who installed the field to take care of it. He would probably do it for free. Better yet let him oversee the maintenace of all the fields. The kids probably would be playing on top of the line facilities.

Guest Guest_FlagMan4_*
Little girls softball field in manor park is a disgrace. This field was installed 3 years ago, by volunteers. Pretty good job I must admitt. I believe this job was down with no tax payer money even better. What happened to the maintenance. My question is, if the town can't maintain this little field what is going to happen to our other fields. Or the girls fields don't count. Maybe  the town should hire the dad who installed the field to take care of it. He would probably do it for free. Better yet let him oversee the maintenace of all the fields. The kids probably would be playing on top of the line facilities.

You do it then!!! Stop crying like a baby!! I guess you have a child, that play's softball!!

Did you just move into Town? ( everybody did it in all the years, i know!!)

Here Comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash!!

FlagMan.

Guest Field mouse
Little girls softball field in manor park is a disgrace. This field was installed 3 years ago, by volunteers. Pretty good job I must admitt. I believe this job was down with no tax payer money even better. What happened to the maintenance. My question is, if the town can't maintain this little field what is going to happen to our other fields. Or the girls fields don't count. Maybe  the town should hire the dad who installed the field to take care of it. He would probably do it for free. Better yet let him oversee the maintenace of all the fields. The kids probably would be playing on top of the line facilities.

Excuse me! you do realize that more then one person took part in that project. You make it sound like this father was there all by him self. Without the help of many others this would never have been realized. so please give credit where it is due and mention the rest of the crew. As for the town maintaining it I'd call the DPW and ask J.Kerr why nothing is being done.

Everybody knows that if it wasn't for Phil Martone this field would never have received the attention that it did. Phil fought hard for the girls and won the approval of the town council to move forward with this project. Great Job Phil, Your the best.

Guest Box seat

Your right mouse. Alot of good dads and moms and towns people where involved. Pretty good crew as a matter of fact. looked like they had alot of fun, and what a good cause.

Guest ball fan
Excuse me! you do realize that more then one person took part in that project. You make it sound like this father was there all by him self. Without the help of many others this would never have been realized. so please give credit where it is due and mention the rest of the crew. As for the town maintaining it I'd call the DPW and ask J.Kerr why nothing is being done.

I understand your fustration, but have you called the DPW? They do a great job on the other fields in town. The Oval looks great, as does Veterans Field. Are they even responsible for that field?

Everybody knows that if it wasn't for Phil Martone this field would never have received the attention that it did. Phil fought hard for the girls and won the approval of the town council to move forward with this project. Great Job Phil, Your the best. Right now Phil is in the process of secureing the Southern league field for the girls softball league. This is long over due and the girls are in need of their own field. Keep up the good work Phil. Great Rec.Supt. He needs a raise.

Just when you thought you made it, livinging in your overpriced house in the manor, you look out at the park and see just what your taxes get you. Hey! wise up. The town is busy printing a magazine complete with maps and you can't even bring your children to the playground accross the street. What does it take before you realize what a mess this town is in. Just keep paying your taxes with the constant increases every quater. Hey, you asked for it you got it. Enjoy your quality of life.

*Cost of the magazine @ $72,000.00 bucks.

Guest manor 1
Just when you thought you made it, livinging in your overpriced house in the manor, you look out at the park and see just what your taxes get you. Hey! wise up. The town is busy printing a magazine complete with maps and you can't even bring your children to the playground accross the street. What does it take before you realize what a mess this town is in. Just keep paying your taxes with the constant increases every quater. Hey, you asked for it you got it. Enjoy your quality of life.

Boy you said it. Now call your councilperson.

Guest Move on
Boy you said it.  Now call your councilperson.

Sorry but I don't call council people. But you should. After all the amount in taxes you pay is crazy. There was a time when the manor was untouched by acts of vandalism. But sad to say times have changed. It might be a good time for you to make a change. Just keep in mind not once in the past five years have your taxes gone down not once. But you can sure bank on them going up. Where will it stop? You should consider moving, vote with your feet move on it's over. That's what I did. And that is why I won't call a council person. Good luck Hope I'm wrong.

Guest Guest_Just looking_*

Ah yes the magazine like we need that to show us where to shop they should be ashamed.........let us not forget about those fancy Town Hall doors....now let's a magazine that we don't need ...doors that we could have lived without BUT they can't fix a park.........is it me or is there something wrong with this picture?

Guest Guestimate
Sorry but I don't call council people. But you should. After all the amount in taxes you pay is crazy. There was a time when the manor was untouched by acts of vandalism. But sad to say times have changed. It might be a good time for you to make a change. Just keep in mind not once in the past five years have your taxes gone down not once. But you can sure bank on them going up. Where will it stop? You should consider moving, vote with your feet move on it's over. That's what I did. And that is why I won't call a council person. Good luck Hope I'm wrong.

Please consider taking your own advise and MOVE ON. What someone else is willing to pay in taxes is none of your business.

By the way, how many times in the last five years have the taxes in your current town gone down? Also, please identify the town so it can be confirmed.

Guest Field Mouse
Please consider taking your own advise and MOVE ON.  What someone else is willing to pay in taxes is none of your business.

By the way, how many times in the last five years have the taxes in your current town gone down?  Also, please identify the town so it can be confirmed.

Your right it is none of my business. So keep paying your taxes and read the new magazine so you'll know where to shop in town.

The town is busy printing a magazine complete with maps and you can't even bring your children to the playground accross the street. What does it take before you realize what a mess this town is in. Just keep paying your taxes with the constant increases every quater. Hey, you asked for it you got it. Enjoy your quality of life.

Boy, talk about one dimensional and short-sighted! Did it ever occur to you that the magazine was meant to broaden Kearny's customer base? The magazine might entice people from other towns to come to Kearny to shop and dine.

As usual, you only listened to half of the proposal. Isn't the cost for the magazine coming from UEZ funds? And isn't it possible, as in the case of Bayonne, that, in time, advertisers will cover the entire cost?

Have a little vision, folks! Expand your picayune horizons!

Boy, talk about one dimensional and short-sighted! Did it ever occur to you that the magazine was meant to broaden Kearny's customer base? The magazine might entice people from other towns to come to Kearny to shop and dine.

As usual, you only listened to half of the proposal. Isn't the cost for the magazine coming from UEZ funds? And isn't it possible, as in the case of Bayonne, that, in time, advertisers will cover the entire cost?

Just like the updated town website that had immediately outdated information on it. It took months to update the information. How much is that costing the taxpayers. The fact that UEZ money is being used does not mean it's free money. How about sponsoring Fairs, Events, Musical events to attract folks, what about facade improvements. How about fighting against Walmart which will put the nail in the coffin once they open.

I think it will take more than a mgazine to "entice people from other towns to come to Kearny to shop and dine." :huh:

Maybe people will come if you advertise the puppet show.

There is something wrong with you,

Guest box seat

I do not nothing about any magazine. It wil come and go. The park, Is the topic. Expanding one's horizons. The people that installed the field where certainly looking toward the future. The business people that donated the money, looking to the future. What about getting people to buy homes in kearny. Great Magazine, fouled up park. Sounds Smart!!!

Just like the updated town website that had immediately outdated information on it. It took months to update the information.  How much is that costing the taxpayers.  The fact that UEZ money is being used does not mean it's free money.  How about sponsoring Fairs, Events, Musical events to attract folks, what about facade improvements.  How about fighting against Walmart which will put the nail in the coffin once they open.

Now don't get too excited, but I actually (however reluctantly) agree regarding the website. I think the concept is great but the Town needs to tweak the site to make it more functional.

I'm not positive, but I believe that the UEZ Development Corp. has a PR budget that if not used goes back into a general fund, so in a sense it is "free money" under the use-it-or-lose-it principle.

Sponsoring events costs big money and results in overtime costs so you know there would be a rash of whining over that! (And every bigot in town will complain that such events bring the wrong "element" to Kearny.)

The town and county have been pushing a facade program for years. Unfortunately you can't force people to take advatage of it.

The Walmart argument has been beaten to death on this site. I haven't changed my mind. I still think Walmart will be a positive for Kearny; and its location, on an under-developed site some three miles away from its nearest competitor, is perfect.

Now don't get too excited, but I actually (however reluctantly) agree regarding the website. I think the concept is great but the Town needs to tweak the site to make it more functional.

I'm not positive, but I believe that the UEZ Development Corp. has a PR budget that if not used goes back into a general fund, so in a sense it is "free money" under the use-it-or-lose-it principle.

Sponsoring events costs big money and results in overtime costs so you know there would be a rash of whining over that! (And every bigot in town will complain that such events bring the wrong "element" to Kearny.)

The town and county have been pushing a facade program for years. Unfortunately you can't force people to take advatage of it.

The Walmart argument has been beaten to death on this site. I haven't changed my mind. I still think Walmart will be a positive for Kearny; and its location, on an under-developed site some three miles away from its nearest competitor, is perfect.

Sorry, but there is no such thing as free money. Kinda like, there's no free lunch.

Unless it's campaign money that only costs favors and is that really free?

Hey what did you think of your tax bill? Free money my ass.

• 1 month later...

Someone tell me this isn't true. Are they kidding?

Guest Ben Cryan

The Walmart argument has been beaten to death on this site. I haven't changed my mind. I still think Walmart will be a positive for Kearny; and its location, on an under-developed site some three miles away from its nearest competitor, is p

What have you been smokin, Realist? That is the worst thing I have seen you post.

It would really be a sin to do the right thing with the money. The attitude of lets spend it even if we're not doing the right thing or getting our moneys worth is what is wrong with this Administration.

The web site is very poor accept it. Fix it!

We have a council can't anyone speak up. I guess the machine would eat anyone who did up or worse!

What have you been smokin, Realist? That is the worst thing I have seen you post.

It would really be a sin to do the right thing with the money. The attitude of lets spend it even if we're not doing the right thing or getting our moneys worth is what is wrong with this Administration.

Who says it's not the right thing to do? You? Judging from your writing, I would guess that you're not a public relations mogul.

And do you people ever hear the whole story? In all probability the major part of the cost will be picked up by local advertisers as happened in several other Hudson towns.

It's a new approach, a innovative technique for promoting Kearny as a place to live, to work to invest. You guys complain that nobody ever does anything to better the town, but as soon as someone makes an attempt, you're all mouth and no brain!

Who says it's not the right thing to do? You? Judging from your writing, I would guess that you're not a public relations mogul.

And do you people ever hear the whole story? In all probability the major part of the cost will be picked up by local advertisers as happened in several other Hudson towns.

It's a new approach, a innovative technique for promoting Kearny as a place to live, to work to invest. You guys complain that nobody ever does anything to better the town, but as soon as someone makes an attempt, you're all mouth and no brain!

You know I never get tired of you making my arguments for me. The $72,000 for a UEZ magazine ( and the $16,000 for the UEZ kiosk) could have been better spent by lowering our property taxes.

That UEZ money could have been used to pay for the police vehicles included in Mayor Santos' Pine Sol bond last year. We didn't need to bond for police vehicles. Not when those police vehicles are in use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They don't last 5 years. Yet we bonded for 15 years to pay them off.

We could've used the UEZ money for the police vehicles, lowered our total debt and saved taxpayers money on interest rates for the next 15 years.

Instead we'll have a nice magazine and a nice kiosk.

Oh yea. And higher property taxes.

Jim Mangin

ps - It's definately good to be back.

Archived