sad site

Guest What Happened

You know I never get tired of you making my arguments for me. The $72,000 for a UEZ magazine ( and the $16,000 for the UEZ kiosk) could have been better spent by lowering our property taxes.

That UEZ money could have been used to pay for the police vehicles included in Mayor Santos' Pine Sol bond last year. We didn't need to bond for police vehicles. Not when those police vehicles are in use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They don't last 5 years. Yet we bonded for 15 years to pay them off.

We could've used the UEZ money for the police vehicles, lowered our total debt and saved taxpayers money on interest rates for the next 15 years.

Instead we'll have a nice magazine and a nice kiosk.

Oh yea. And higher property taxes.

Jim Mangin

ps - It's definately good to be back.

Jimbo,

You disappoint me. You're usually better prepared than this. Probably just a little rusty.

First, the State UEZ has recently issued a statement regarding its reluctance to finance regular police vehicles unless they are to be used primarily in the Zone; but more importantly, the funds for the initial issue of the magazine are coming from the public relations/advertising budget which is part of the administration budget. It cannot, by statute, be used for any other projects. If not used, it is returned to a state administration fund to be recycled. It is not converted into general projects funding.

Archived