Kearny Peruvian Festival

Guest Peruvian

Guest Peruvian

The Kearny Peruvians will be celebrating with a parade and a barbecue at the Frank Vincent park on Passaic Avenue over the weekend. Please join us. We thank Mayor Santos for allowing us to use the park for free.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

The last time I checked Kearny, NJ was in America not Peru. It's a beautiful thing to be proud of your heritage, but you should also be proud of where you are now. You know the place that puts food on your table and pays your bills? Remember, America?

Guest StudiesandObservations
The last time I checked Kearny, NJ was in America not Peru.  It's a beautiful thing to be proud of your heritage, but you should also be proud of where you are now.  You know the place that puts food on your table and pays your bills?  Remember, America?

So i guess we should do away with the St Patrick's Day Parade, and the Our Lady of Fatima celebrations as well??

Guest welcome
The last time I checked Kearny, NJ was in America not Peru.  It's a beautiful thing to be proud of your heritage, but you should also be proud of where you are now.  You know the place that puts food on your table and pays your bills?  Remember, America?

Listen, it is fair. The Irish the scots and numerous other ethnic groups used river bank park, why not these people? You want them to be proud of being American then show them respect. That's the American way. Remember we all came from other countries to s***w the indians so please chill out it's a big picnic. Besides the mayor just wants the free eats.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
So i guess we should do away with the St Patrick's Day Parade, and the Our Lady of Fatima  celebrations as well??

If that's what it takes, then yes we should do away with those things as well. We are in America and should celebrate that. Leave the Irish in Ireland, the Polish in Poland, the Spanish in Spain, etc. Immigration is one thing, but once you're here you should become accustomed to the American way and leave your old ways behind.

If that's what it takes, then yes we should do away with those things as well.  We are in America and should celebrate that.  Leave the Irish in Ireland, the Polish in Poland, the Spanish in Spain, etc.  Immigration is one thing, but once you're here you should become accustomed to the American way and leave your old ways behind.

You ignorant fool.

JW

Guest American Citizen
If that's what it takes, then yes we should do away with those things as well.  We are in America and should celebrate that.  Leave the Irish in Ireland, the Polish in Poland, the Spanish in Spain, etc.  Immigration is one thing, but once you're here you should become accustomed to the American way and leave your old ways behind.

If it wasn't for the immigrants , then you Americans would be in deep s***t. The only nice looking houses in Kearny are those owned by immigrants. Look around. You american people don't even cut your grass. You are so ignorent.

Guest Guest

You're an idiot.

If it wasn't for the immigrants , then you Americans would be in deep s***t. The only nice looking houses in Kearny are those owned by immigrants. Look around. You american people don't even cut your grass. You are so ignorent.

most of the "Americans", better yet, lets call them legal U.S. citizens, have left this area because they couldn't deal with the lowlife. Apparently the U.S. employers needs low skill, low pay workers and guess who fits the bill. It's in this area because that's where the work is, near the big cities. You don't hear of any mass immigration of Europeans lately, do you? As far as run down homes go, I'd have to say that is due to renters and we got lots of them. It's not their house so what do they care, they can move anytime. The landlords don't care because they're willing to rent to anyone with the money.

Now as far as calling that person ignorant, celebrating a country that you left so you can have a better life doesn't make a whole lot of sense, otherwise you would not have left. Why didn't you make that a better place to live? Learn to assimilate and speak the language, which by the way is English. If your unhappy with this country then get the hell out. :rolleyes:

Guest Retired English Teacher
most of the "Americans", better yet,  lets call them legal U.S. citizens,  have left this area because they couldn't deal with the lowlife. Apparently the U.S. employers needs low skill, low pay workers and guess who fits the bill. It's in this area because that's where the work is, near the big cities. You don't hear of any mass immigration of Europeans lately, do you? As far as run down homes go, I'd have to say that is due to renters and we got lots of them. It's not their house so what do they care, they can move anytime. The landlords don't care because they're willing to rent to anyone with the money.

Now as far as calling that person ignorant, celebrating a country that you left so you can have a better life doesn't make a whole lot of sense, otherwise you would not have left. Why didn't you make that a better place to live? Learn to assimilate and speak the language, which by the way is English. If your unhappy with this country then get the hell out. :rolleyes:

For someone who champions nationalism, you have no grasp of what the American spirit encompasses. Your lack of tolerance and inclusiveness are totally un-American. It is not contradictory for someone to honor his heritage while still being a good and grateful United States citizen. It is tantamount to one honoring his familial lineage.

For someone who champions the English language, your writing displays a total disregard for its proper use. Contrary to popular belief, the United States has no official language. In fact, since people born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens, it would be valid to say that we are at least a bi-lingual nation. Don't forget that there are Alaskans and Hawaiians who speak native languages, too. So English, while it is the prevalent language, is not "the language" of this country.

Guest Student of Life

The Peruvian community took pride in making their day special. I was born and raised in NJ, my mom was born in PA and my dad in NJ. We are of Italian, Irish and German background. I just have to say that instead of badmouthing the different groups that take pride in their heritage, sit back and take a good long look at yourself. Could it be that you may be jealous of the pride that these people show. I hear quite a bit of complaints around town about how Kearny has changed. How all the hispanics are moving in. This while all the Scottish and Irish are sitting on the bar stools. It shouldn't matter what ethnic group anyone is from. We are all human beings and want what is best for our families. I have friends of all backgrounds, I feel fortunate in knowing that they are here if I need them, because apparently around Kearny quite a few "Americans" felt that they didn't like change and left.

For someone who champions nationalism, you have no grasp of what the American spirit encompasses.  Your lack of tolerance and inclusiveness are totally un-American.  It is not contradictory for someone to honor his heritage while still being a good and grateful United States citizen.  It is tantamount to one honoring his familial lineage.

For someone who champions the English language, your writing displays a total disregard for its proper use.  Contrary to popular belief, the United States has no official language.  In fact, since people born in Puerto Rico are U.S. citizens, it would be valid to say that we are at least a bi-lingual nation.  Don't forget that there are Alaskans and Hawaiians who speak native languages, too.  So English, while it is the prevalent language, is not "the language" of this country.

Oh gosh, I'm crushed. You absolutely have torn me a new a-hole. I'll try to get over it.

The American spirit you speak of has been replaced with weakness. The weakness is the acceptance of anything and everything so we don't upset anyone. Well, you don't become a strong nation that way. This has become a nation of handouts and learning how to work the system and that my friend is un-American.

That's a nice little speech on the English language, but it lacks something. What could it be? I know, it's common sense! I assume by your name, you were an English teacher. It seems a shame you were not taught that language is for communication and THAT is it's proper use. That also is the point. :lol:

Guest Guest

So English, while it is the prevalent language, is not "the language" of this country.

And that is a mistake that this country allows to continue. We should choose one language as our official and main language. If it's Spanish, so be it, then make it official and everyone can learn it so we can all communicate better. After that, everyone can learn whatever language, or as many languages as they want. The more the better.

I recently spent time in a European resort area. This area catered to Europeans from many different countries with various languages. There were many people there from Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, The Netherlands, Etc. Besides their native language, another language has become the unofficial universal language there. It happens to be English. All of the workers of the hotels, restaurants and shops spoke the native language and English. English is becoming the international language whether we like it or not. So we should pick a language, Spanish, Aramaic, maybe Mayan, make it the official language of the United States, all learn it for our own communication needs and learn English on the side to be able to communicate on a global level. All signs, instructions and ballots should be in this official language, not also in whatever language is second in prevalence thereby leaving out the languages that are 3rd, 4th and beyond in prevalence.

Communication is very important, languages are beautiful, an official national language and a unofficial global language would go a long way to solving some of the worlds problems. French and English for France, German and English for Germany, Gaelic and English for Ireland. The global language is happening, now we need to get it right here. Let's vote on one!!

Kabiye anyone?

Guest Guest

The reason why immigrants have nice houses is b/c the americans are paying for them! They are able to get gov. money and welfare all b/c of us hard working americans that have to pay out of our hard earned money.

Guest Guest
most of the "Americans", better yet,  lets call them legal U.S. citizens,  have left this area because they couldn't deal with the lowlife. Apparently the U.S. employers needs low skill, low pay workers and guess who fits the bill. It's in this area because that's where the work is, near the big cities. You don't hear of any mass immigration of Europeans lately, do you? As far as run down homes go, I'd have to say that is due to renters and we got lots of them. It's not their house so what do they care, they can move anytime. The landlords don't care because they're willing to rent to anyone with the money.

Now as far as calling that person ignorant, celebrating a country that you left so you can have a better life doesn't make a whole lot of sense, otherwise you would not have left. Why didn't you make that a better place to live? Learn to assimilate and speak the language, which by the way is English. If your unhappy with this country then get the hell out. ;)

Way to go! That is exactly why I moved the hell out of Kearny. Too many lowlife non-speaking english dirty ignorant immigrants living in this area that think their shit don't stink. Well, it does and if you hate the usa and it's ways so badly, go back! If you don't want to go back, then shut the hell up! :angry:

Guest Guest
The reason why immigrants have nice houses is b/c the americans are paying for them!  They are able to get gov. money and welfare all b/c of us hard working americans that have to pay out of our hard earned money.

AMEN TO THAT!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Way to go!  That is exactly why I moved the hell out of Kearny.  Too many lowlife non-speaking english dirty ignorant immigrants living in this area that think their shit don't stink.  Well, it does and if you hate the usa and it's ways so badly, go back!  If you don't want to go back, then shut the hell up! :angry:

;):angry: hey now thats enough from ALL OF YOU! i have told you in many posts that my blood goes back a long way in town! but they WERE IMMIGRANTS TOO! and so was YOURS! YES ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE 1700S! AND THAT IS WHAT MADE KEARNY GREAT! latinos are doing good in neck nwk! i rember when that part of nwk was italian! and the blacks moved in and all but destoryed it! then the latinos moved in and fixed it up! good job! so now the BOOMERS left town ! and at least the new commers care about their homes! but DO NOT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE TOWN " or what it took to build! yes we have PRIDE in OUR TOWN! AND WE SHOULD!!!! BUT A VERY BAD MAYOR HAS MOVED IN ! AND YOU ALL ARE PAYING FOR HIS FOLLYS! YOU DO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Way to go!  That is exactly why I moved the hell out of Kearny.  Too many lowlife non-speaking english dirty ignorant immigrants living in this area that think their shit don't stink.  Well, it does and if you hate the usa and it's ways so badly, go back!  If you don't want to go back, then shut the hell up! :angry:

And Kearny is better without you.

JW

Guest Guest
The Peruvian community took pride in making their day special.  I was born and raised in NJ, my mom was born in PA and my dad in NJ.  We are of Italian, Irish and German background.  I just have to say that instead of badmouthing the different groups that take pride in their heritage, sit back and take a good long look at yourself.  Could it be that you may be jealous of the pride that these people show.  I hear quite a bit of complaints around town about how Kearny has changed.  How all the hispanics are moving in.  This while all the Scottish and Irish are sitting on the bar stools.  It shouldn't matter what ethnic group anyone is from.  We are all human beings and want what is best for our families.  I have friends of all backgrounds, I feel fortunate in knowing that they are here if I need them, because apparently around Kearny quite a few  "Americans" felt that they didn't like change and left.

Excuse me, student, I am Irish and I never sit on a bar stool. I take pride in my heritage and we're not all drunks, just as all hispanics are not on welfare.

You assume????  s/he told you right out that s/he was an english teacher.  What is there to assume about that?

JW

did you check to see if all the spelling is correct? Did I indent my paragraph correctly? Did you study it thoughly with your microscope? What are you so insecure that you have to pick up on little sh*t like that? :angry: