Kearny DPW Drunks

Guest Guest

Guest Openminded

:)

[ When I read the quotes about the DPW, it seems like all these guys are personal

friends of the authors. The only true response was that of Frankie. You must know ALL of the DPW to call them all drunks and to make untrue statements about All of thier job performances. If you have one rotten potato does that mean the entire bag is the same NO!

The only thing I see is when I read between the lines , is that you feel that what one employee does reflects on the entire department ,WRONG!

The majority of these men work hard, they do the jobs they are assigned and often get nothing but bad publicity.TRUE!

So unless you can stand behind your statement I suggest that you stick to a subject that you know about first hand :)

:)

[ When I read the quotes about the DPW, it seems like all these guys are personal

friends of the authors. The only true response was that of Frankie. You must know ALL of the DPW to call them all drunks and to make untrue statements about All of thier job performances. If you have one rotten potato does that mean the entire bag is the same NO!

The only thing I see is when I read between the lines , is that you feel that what one employee does reflects on the entire department ,WRONG!

The majority of these men work hard, they do the jobs they are assigned and often get nothing but bad publicity.TRUE!

So unless you can stand behind your statement I suggest that you stick to a subject that you know about first hand :rolleyes:

I do agree with you, one bad apple doesn't make the rest bad. The fact is, Only the majority don't work, while a few actually do something. This I know first hand!!!

:rolleyes: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY "SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE CARE OF THEM" YES, I AGREE LEAVE THEM ALONE, BUT WHO IS TAKING CARE OF WHO? THE TOWN PROVIDES A SERVICE, IF CONTACTED, YES SOMETIMES IT TAKES QUITE A WHILE BEFORE THE PROBLEM IS FIXED. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND, LIKE I HAD TO, THAT THESE CALLS ARE PUT IN ORDER OF PRIORITY AND THAT THE MOST DANGEROUS OR HAZARDOUS COME FIRST, AND IM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE. SO JUST BECAUSE YOU SEE A WORKER DRIVING THROUGH TOWN, IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE GETTING DRUNK. SURE, IF YOU SEE A TOWN VEHICLE PARKED WITH PEOPLE JUST SITTING THERE, CALL AND REPORT IT! SIMPLE. SO I BELIEVE THAT WE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER. BECAUSE IF YOU AS A TAXPAYER CLAIM THAT YOUR MONEY TAKES CARE OF THE WORKERS, THEN YOU COULD ALSO SAY THAT THWE WORKERS TAKE CARE OF YOUR TOWN. THAT'S EVEN IN MY BOOK :)

:ph34r: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY "SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE CARE OF THEM" YES, I AGREE LEAVE THEM ALONE, BUT WHO IS TAKING CARE OF WHO? THE TOWN PROVIDES A SERVICE, IF CONTACTED, YES SOMETIMES IT TAKES QUITE A WHILE BEFORE THE PROBLEM IS FIXED. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND, LIKE I HAD TO, THAT THESE CALLS ARE PUT IN ORDER OF PRIORITY AND THAT THE MOST DANGEROUS OR HAZARDOUS COME FIRST, AND IM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE. SO JUST BECAUSE YOU SEE A WORKER DRIVING THROUGH TOWN, IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE GETTING DRUNK. SURE, IF YOU SEE A TOWN VEHICLE PARKED WITH PEOPLE JUST SITTING THERE, CALL AND REPORT IT! SIMPLE. SO I BELIEVE THAT WE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER. BECAUSE IF YOU AS A TAXPAYER CLAIM THAT YOUR MONEY TAKES CARE OF THE WORKERS, THEN YOU COULD ALSO SAY THAT THWE WORKERS TAKE CARE OF YOUR TOWN. THAT'S EVEN IN MY BOOK :D

give it a break ****

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

:D HERE WE GO AGAIN, YOUR REPLY MUST SHOW WHY MENTALITY YOU HAVE DUE TO THE FACT IT WAS EDITE. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, NOT A CONVERSATION IN A TAVERN WITH YOUR BUDDIES. IN EVERY JOB IN THE WORLD THERE ARE SOME KIND OF INDISCRETIONS ALL THE WAY UP TO THE PRESIDENT.WE SHOULD MSKE A LIST OF THINGS THAT WE THINK OUR TOWN WORKERS SHOULD OR NEED TO DO THEN PRESENT IT TO THE TOWN COUNCIL AND THE MAYOR, IF IT IS REASONABLE AND NEEDS TO BE DONE THEN LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET IT DONE. ALL TALK DOES, IS INFURIATE OTHER CITIZENS AND ITS TIME, IF YOUR MAN ENOUGH, TO TAKE ACTION, VOICE YOUR OPINION IN AN OPEN FORUM AND MAYBE THINGS WILL START TO TURN AROUND. YA ALL HAVE A NICE DAY NOW! :ph34r:

:D HERE WE GO AGAIN, YOUR REPLY MUST SHOW WHY MENTALITY YOU HAVE DUE TO THE FACT IT WAS EDITE. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM, NOT A CONVERSATION IN A TAVERN WITH YOUR BUDDIES. IN EVERY JOB IN THE WORLD THERE ARE SOME KIND OF INDISCRETIONS ALL THE WAY UP TO THE PRESIDENT.WE SHOULD MSKE A LIST OF THINGS THAT WE THINK OUR TOWN WORKERS SHOULD  OR NEED TO DO THEN PRESENT IT TO THE TOWN COUNCIL AND THE MAYOR, IF IT IS REASONABLE AND NEEDS TO BE DONE THEN LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET IT DONE. ALL TALK DOES, IS INFURIATE OTHER CITIZENS AND ITS TIME, IF YOUR MAN ENOUGH, TO TAKE ACTION, VOICE YOUR OPINION IN AN OPEN FORUM AND MAYBE THINGS WILL START TO TURN AROUND. YA ALL HAVE A NICE DAY NOW! :ph34r:

Well said Frankie. Words mean NOTHING without action. Imagine if everyone that posts here complaining went to a town meeting and went on record with their complaints how much different the town could be? We need every citizen to start caring about town matters and voice their concerns in the right forum, namely the monthly town council meeting. Until then, nothing will change. Now is the time to get involved, wait..........and it will be too little too late to make a difference.

ONE THING I HAVE LEARNED IN MY 50YEARS, IS THAT IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, IF THAT'S THE CASE THAN WHY ARE WE IN OTHER COUNTRIES FIGHTING WARS ? WHAT ABOUT LOCAL THINGS, LIKE MEGHANS LAW MADD, AND GROUPS LIKE THEM. ALL IT TAKES IS ONE PERSON TO START A CHAIN REACTION THAT IS WHY THEY CALL IT A SNOWBALL EFFECT. ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, ALL THEY NEED IS ANITHER PERSON ,FAMILY, FRIEND ETC. AND THEY GET ONE FRIEND AND SO ON LETS GET OUR TOWN BACK AND STOP BELLY ACHING ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE THINGS HAVE BECOME WE HAVE THE POWER( IN NUMBERS) TO DO IT! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived