Curfew!

Guest Concerned Citizen

Guest Concerned Citizen

We need to get our kids off the street/off Kearny Avenue's street corners. I say the mayor and council need to give thought to the idea of a community center where the kids can hang out at night, in a safe environment. Dances can be held, sports can be played, etc. Let's give some of our tax money back to the town, instead of just lining the pockets of the town employees!

Guest Guest 99
We need to get our kids off the street/off Kearny Avenue's street corners.  I say the mayor and council need to give thought to the idea of a community center where the kids can hang out at night, in a safe environment.  Dances can be held, sports can be played, etc.  Let's give some of our tax money back to the town, instead of just lining the pockets of the town employees!

You can't be much of a concerned citizen if you don't know that the idea of a community center has been discussed for many years. The delay, however, is MONEY. The initial cost of construction for such a facility would be over $5 million. That does not include amenities. :lol:

Guest Guest
You can't be much of a concerned citizen if you don't know that the idea of a community center has been discussed for many years. The delay, however, is MONEY. The initial cost of construction for such a facility would be over $5 million. That does not include amenities. :lol:

With all of the extra revenue that the Santosians (great name Mr. Mangin) are supposedly generating what's $5 million for starters?

Guest Guest
With all of the extra revenue that the Santosians (great name Mr. Mangin) are supposedly generating what's $5 million for starters?

I could be wrong but years ago the Senior Center in Kearny was Originally slated to be a youth rec center but because of politics it was changed to the Bernstead Senior Center.

• 2 weeks later...

I really cannot understand how the problem can be money.....

Kearny pays the highest taxes in Hudson county and we still don't have the money to build our kids a community center?

Something is definetely wrong with this pic

You can't be much of a concerned citizen if you don't know that the idea of a community center has been discussed for many years. The delay, however, is MONEY. The initial cost of construction for such a facility would be over $5 million. That does not include amenities. :blink:

Guest Kelly Clarkson

Forget about the Curfew, its time for an Ethnic Cleansing on the Ave. Too many non-citizens who don’t speak ENGLISH are making the town look bad!!!

:ph34r:

Guest Guest 99
Forget about the Curfew, its time for an Ethnic Cleansing on the Ave.  Too many non-citizens who don’t speak ENGLISH are making the town look bad!!!

:ph34r:

Stop in at the town hall for night court some time. Many, if not all the bad guys and girls all speak English. :huh:

Guest Guest

Why cant we hang around kearny avenue at night? We do live in this town and should be able to stand somewhere and talk to someone or just be there. I'm tired of Cops comming up to me in the afternoon to leave. I live in this town and have the right to sit on a bench and enjoy it. The town did put it there for a reason right? And can't i have some privacy? I'm tired of the cops just standing there or passing by and staring. It's not like any of them harass anyone when they pass. They mind their own business. it's not like they're ognna mug you. They are people and have feelings too.

Why cant we hang around kearny avenue at night? We do live in this town and should be able to stand somewhere and talk to someone or just be there. I'm tired of Cops comming up to me in the afternoon to leave. I live in this town and have the right to sit on a bench and enjoy it. The town did put it there for a reason right? And can't i have some privacy? I'm tired of the cops just standing there or passing by and staring. It's not like any of them harass anyone when they pass. They mind their own business. it's not like they're ognna mug you. They are people and have feelings too.

:blink::blink::blink: look back in time look back in time! history! we had a rec center in the 70s what happend to it! this IS kearny" kids" always hang around its part of growing up kearny!we had a gang the rift raff/old high school gang! the town was safe with us around! like i said look back to go ahead! :ph34r: ~---~

Guest Guest
:blink:  :blink:  :blink: look back in time look back in time! history! we had a rec center in the 70s what happend to it! this IS kearny" kids" always hang around its part of growing up kearny!we had a gang the rift raff/old high school gang! the town was safe with us around! like i said look back to go ahead!  :ph34r: ~---~

The "rift raff gang" huh. It looks like you really made something of yourself! :lol:

Guest Guest
:blink:  :blink:  :blink: look back in time look back in time! history! we had a rec center in the 70s what happend to it! this IS kearny" kids" always hang around its part of growing up kearny!we had a gang the rift raff/old high school gang! the town was safe with us around! like i said look back to go ahead!  :ph34r: ~---~

Birthday 19 May 1953

Location GAINSVILLE FLORIDA

Interests DRAG RACEING & OLD TRUCKS AND HOT LADIES & ULGLY DOGS LIKE ME!! O YAH ELBOW ROOM! LOTS OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

Let me tell ya now God made man,

But he used a monkey to do it.

Walk like an ape,

Talk like an ape,

Do what a monkey can do.

God made man,

But the monkey supplied the glue.

Devo

• 2 months later...

Their is a place where kids can hang out it is on Kearny and Laurel Ave. It's called PBGC. but kids choose not to hang out their accept for the monthly dances. And I don't think it would help anyway because kids basically do what they want to do when they have no one telling them what to do.

Birthday 19 May 1953

Location GAINSVILLE FLORIDA

Interests DRAG RACEING & OLD TRUCKS AND HOT LADIES & ULGLY DOGS LIKE ME!! O YAH ELBOW ROOM! LOTS OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

Let me tell ya now God made man,

But he used a monkey to do it.

Walk like an ape,

Talk like an ape,

Do what a monkey can do.

God made man,

But the monkey supplied the glue.

Devo

:lol::lol: YO COOL! :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Rofl. When they're not on the streets they're getting f***ed up somewhere, ou naive piece of shit. Don't you understand how things work? I know if I were an old hag like yourself, i wouldn't mind seeing kids on kearny ave. I'd know they're not wasted somewhere. You know? Would you rather not see a bunch of kids on the streets? I know when i was in 8th grade and when i was a freshman the ave was the place to be. But after that... here comes booze, here comes pot. And then I was always at somebody's house getting drunk and stoned. Which isn't all that bad. but anyway, you should be happy to see kearny's youth on the street. it's good news.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Rofl.  When they're not on the streets they're getting f***ed up somewhere, ou naive piece of shit.  Don't you understand how things work?  I know if I were an old hag like yourself, i wouldn't mind seeing kids on kearny ave.  I'd know they're not wasted somewhere.  You know?  Would you rather not see a bunch of kids on the streets?  I know when i was in 8th grade and when i was a freshman the ave was the place to be.  But after that... here comes booze, here comes pot.  And then I was always at somebody's house getting drunk and stoned.  Which isn't all that bad.  but anyway, you should be happy to see kearny's youth on the street.  it's good news.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

:ph34r:B) wah? ok you are right about what they do in j/h and yes my OLD FART FRENDS" did the same thing! drugs was here then too but given a choice to make money or drug out most not all but most would rather work! in the day 1970-74 i had 1 of the fast cars in town ! why i had "money" yes if they see that things like nice rids and great looking gals!" can be had ! they would rather work than get all f--- up! and thats a FACT! AND YES I SPENT ALOT OF TIME ON AVE P IN NWK AND 287 IN BOONTON ! drage raceing did me very well! :angry:

All the children in town need a place to go. The kids on the avenue--they have always been there, and probably always will. But they should be given a choice. A rec. center should be built. I'm sure that local businesses would help with fundraising efforts. They want to give back to the community. Maybe the town should charge some type of tax to all the builders of the new homes going up all over town. This tax could be placed in a fund earmarked for a rec center. I live on a street with a lot of kids. They are always outside playing ball or riding bikes. Several times this summer, they have been told by the police, during the day, that they can't play wiffle ball. If they had a place to go, they would. The oval is good, except the town locks the gates. Permits required. PBGC - too small of a place for the amount of kids in town. The rec. dept. has come a long way with trying to provide activities for the younger kids, I think now is the time to come up with something for the "tweens" and older.

:P  :ph34r: wah? ok you are right about what they do in j/h and yes my OLD FART FRENDS" did the same thing! drugs was here then too but given a choice to make money or drug out most not all but most would rather work! in the day 1970-74 i had 1 of the fast cars in town ! why i had "money" yes if they see that things like nice rids and great looking gals!" can be had ! they would rather work than get all f--- up! and thats a FACT! AND YES I SPENT ALOT OF TIME ON AVE P IN NWK AND 287 IN BOONTON ! drage raceing did me very well! ;)

Alright man... I think I understood about half that. No wait, I understood about 33.3333333333333333333333333333333 percent. Anywho, I think what you were trying to say is you liked fast cars and women. That's cool, dude, but you're putting your life in danger when you drag race, man. Nobody gets hurt when you smoke a little reefer.

Alright man... I think I understood about half that.  No wait, I understood about 33.3333333333333333333333333333333 percent.  Anywho, I think what you were trying to say is you liked fast cars and women.  That's cool, dude, but you're putting your life in danger when you drag race, man.  Nobody gets hurt when you smoke a little reefer.

:P ok look its like this when i was making a fast car i needed money LOTS OF IT! SO TO WORK I GO! and why do people think i smoke! i do not do that nota zip zilch!and drink well i did as a kid but it don't go well with fast cars! or my other fun thing 4x4s! off roading is bad as it is! but booze is a killer! and it don't mix well!now for fast ladys! oui! my wife just kicked me HARD! WE JUST HAD OUR 26TH WEDDING ANV! yah long time with 1 gal! and my wife is the fastest woman i know! she caught me!!!! now thats fast! and 5 kids later with get this 15 grand and 16-17 due next month yah twins i have a lot of life going! but it started in kearny" i had[ thanks to my dads frends] mentors! at 7 years i learned to weld! at 12-13 i learned to do body work yah long summer! and hot in that shop! thanks shorty! god bless him and CARL CALABRESE ! BILL FIXWELL TAUGHT ME HOW TO BUILD RACE MOTORS! THAT WAS AGE 11-12! ITS ALL FROM KEARNY! AND NO TIME TO GET IN TROUBLE :ph34r:;)

Guest center
We need to get our kids off the street/off Kearny Avenue's street corners.  I say the mayor and council need to give thought to the idea of a community center where the kids can hang out at night, in a safe environment.  Dances can be held, sports can be played, etc.  Let's give some of our tax money back to the town, instead of just lining the pockets of the town employees!

You forgot to mention the tax money that pays all the lawyers! Now where are the parents of these children? Maybe they should take responsibilty for their off spring. I agree that a youth center is a good idea but the parents should control their children.

I really cannot understand how the problem can be money.....

Kearny pays the highest taxes in Hudson county and we still don't have the money to build our kids a community center?

Something is definetely wrong with this pic

Forget just Hudson County, Kearny taxes are comparable to places like Carnford, where they have everyting for the kids, great schools, test scores etc. etc., clean streets and certainly a clean, tasteful main street. Just look at some towns in Union and other counties where the taxes are comparable to Kearny. The issue is Kearny's taxes are high, for what people are getting in return.

Archived