What a great town!

Guest Councilwoman Barbara Sherry

Next time Mrs. Sherry tells you that "Kearny people rock!", here's a prime example of a former Kearny citizen. Though I have to admit I don't think he's a Santosian. :blink:

Birthday 19 May 1953

Location GAINSVILLE FLORIDA

Interests DRAG RACEING & OLD TRUCKS AND HOT LADIES & ULGLY DOGS LIKE ME!! O YAH ELBOW ROOM! LOTS OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

God help us!!

:blink::blink: hey do NOT USE ME TO MAKE YOUR POINT! . And do not judge the town by me!. I never did fit in well' HECK IM A RED NECK AND PROUD OF IT!" so was my dad anyone who knew him would tell ya the same.He had horses in town and rode rodeos" you ask where did he have horses ? sanford ave back in the 40/50s! the town i knew is gone!. and so is most if not ALL THOSE GREAT PEOPLE!!!"like red hawkins and snuffy catina old man primo there was carl calibrease and clayton chadwick" oh do not forget leo becker who had a group in the 50/60s how about sound by green! that" town " and time is the essence of kearny!!! the town I KNEW!~CARPE DIEM~

I think Kearny is a terrific town, I personally feel as safe as can be here.

Can it be better? Absolutely!!!!

Is it getting better? I definetely think so, in the past 5 or so years I've seen Kearny go from a very "outdated looking town" to a town that has put some serious effort into modernizing (cleaning up) it's act.

I just hope the extremely high taxes that were paying are being put to good use, and so far I've seen an improvement and hope it continues going forward.

Barbara,

See, there are some things we agree on. Kearny IS a great place to live and it always has been because of its people - people who care about each other (as you've described) and people who care enough to try to make it a better place (that would include people like you, and me).

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest
I think Kearny is a terrific town, I personally feel as safe as can be here.

Can it be better? Absolutely!!!!

Is it getting better? I definetely think so, in the past 5 or so years I've seen Kearny go from a very "outdated looking town" to a town that has put some serious effort into modernizing (cleaning up) it's act.

I just hope the extremely high taxes that were paying are being put to good use, and so far I've seen an improvement and hope it continues going forward.

Which improvements? The flower pots in the middle of the sidewalk? The horribly colored sidewalks themselves? The blackhole of tax dollars, the BOE? The Barrio...I mean Kearny Ave.?, Shop-rite parking lot where you need security guards to make it from the store to your car? The brand new 60 foot mountain of garbage, I mean asbestos free debris?, etc.................. <_<

Guest Curious

Please don't wet yourself while you're LOL. You have a strange sense of humor for someone who's living amongst such squalor. If you can't see new sidewalks as an improvement, that's your business.

However, I shop at Shop-Rite every week. I have never had any problems whatsoever. I know many people roll their eyes when I tell them I shop there, and everyone has a choice, right? Just don't say you can't shop there because it's dangerous, or you need "security guards to make it from the store to your car". That's baloney.

You're a very negative person. Perhaps counseling would help.

Which improvements?  The flower pots in the middle of the sidewalk? The horribly colored sidewalks themselves? The blackhole of tax dollars, the BOE? The Barrio...I mean Kearny Ave.?, Shop-rite parking lot where you need security guards to make it from the store to your car? The brand new 60 foot mountain of garbage, I mean asbestos free debris?, etc.................. <_<

Guest Guest
Please don't wet yourself while you're LOL.  You have a strange sense of humor for someone who's living amongst such squalor.  If you can't see new sidewalks as an improvement, that's your business. 

However, I shop at Shop-Rite every week.  I have never had any problems whatsoever.  I know many people roll their eyes when I tell them I shop there, and everyone has a choice, right?  Just don't say you can't shop there because it's dangerous, or you need "security guards to make it from the store to your car".  That's baloney.

You're a very negative person.  Perhaps counseling would help.

New sidewalks, when done properly, are an improvement.

I never said you can't shop there. I said it s**ks to shop there.

New sidewalks, when done properly, are an improvement.

I never said you can't shop there.  I said it s**ks to shop there.

:ph34r:B)B)B) now now kids be nice " we have solved that problim down here" our gov" passed a law giving us the right to shoot to KILL! maybe if you did not have{ dumb} gun laws up there you might be safer!!!!!!!!! my guards are MR SMITH and WESSON ! ~ carpe diem~

Guest Hickory St. Resident
You're being slightly more reasonable now.  Maybe the people who post about the flooding and sewage problems would have a different take on things.  Or are they just lying?

I live on Hickory St. Two blocks away from the homes that do flood with raw sewage. And I must tell you its uncalled for to state that these people are lying.Residents on Hickory and Ivy St. have seen the KFD at these homes. When the weather is severe take a ride over this neck of the woods. Its a sin that residents have been living with sewage entering their homes for a long time now.Leaders of this TOWN should be ashamed of themselves!!!!!!!!!!My husband and I knocked on doors to ask if they needed help in the summer of 2003 and 2004. I love this TOWN not the LEADERS.

Guest guest
Saturday was a busy and emotional day in town.  Baby Cecilia was laid to rest at a Mass concelebrated in a packed St. Cecilia's Church.  People who never knew this little girl, wept and prayed for her and her family.  Although the circumstances were tragic, it was heartwarming to see so many mourners gather for her farewell.

It was ironic that the next scheduled event was the opening of Little League.  In a Norman Rockwell setting, scores of lively kids anxiously approached the beginning of a new season as parents and grandparents looked on with pride.

Later in the evening, I attended the VFW Awards Night where Policeman, Firefighter and Teachers of the Year and student essayists were honored.

The day ended with a fundraiser sponsored by several residents to aid a local family experiencing some hardships following the untimely death of their mother.  Many people lent their talents and hard work to make it a huge success; and even though the event was born out of a catastrophe, it brought so many different factions toghether in a cordial atmosphere.

Kearny people rock!

Remind me again why Kearny is such a terrible place to live.

Barbara, Kearny is a great Town but Kearny people rock???? You are watching the 70s show too much. Its 2005 its time you retire. Schulyer Ave. looks like a ghetto I guess you do not walk there. Its worse over the years speeding trucks with garbage falling out holes, in the street .

It so great that the Mayor is paving Belgrove Drive in front of two voting districts with the largest turnout in the 1st Ward during Election Day.

I don't know if you ever bother to go down there but that area of the road, especially between Washington School & The Grant apartments desperately needed repaving for years. I'm sure people love to find ulterior motives for improvements but it seems to me the town is just getting around to fixing the things that need fixing.

Guest guest151
I don't know if you ever bother to go down there but that area of the road, especially between Washington School & The Grant apartments desperately needed repaving for years.  I'm sure people love to find ulterior motives for improvements but it seems to me the town is just getting around to fixing the things that need fixing.

Its too late!! Election time is here........ I guess when Barbara Sherry takes her walks she avoids the potholes . Who represents Bergan and Schulyer Ave??

Its too late!! Election time is here........ I guess when Barbara Sherry takes her walks she avoids the potholes . Who represents Bergan and Schulyer Ave??

;) THE TOWN DOES NOT CHANGE! ONLY THE PEOPLE!YOU DO NOT RUN THE TOWN NOR YOUR MAYOR ! BIG BISS DOES! ALWAYS WAS AND WILL!~----~

Barbara, Kearny is a great Town but Kearny people rock???? You are watching the 70s show too much. Its 2005 its time you retire. Schulyer Ave. looks like a ghetto I guess you do not walk there. Its worse over the years speeding trucks with garbage falling out holes, in the street .

I really don't know what you are talking about. Schuyler does not look a ghetto at all.

blink.gif THE TOWN DOES NOT CHANGE! ONLY THE PEOPLE!YOU DO NOT RUN THE TOWN NOR YOUR MAYOR ! BIG BISS DOES! ALWAYS WAS AND WILL!~----~

People change thereby changing the town.

Guest SCHULYER AVE.
I really don't know what you are talking about.  Schuyler does not look a ghetto at all.

People change thereby changing the town.

SORRY SCHULYER AVE. LOOKS LIKE A GHETTO..ANYWAY DOES ANYONE REPRESENT THIS AREA??? :blink: SHAME SHAME ON YOU... YOU MUST BE A GOOD LEADER................... :blink::blink::ph34r::lol:

SORRY SCHULYER AVE. LOOKS LIKE A    GHETTO..ANYWAY DOES ANYONE REPRESENT THIS AREA??? :blink:  SHAME SHAME ON YOU... YOU MUST BE A GOOD LEADER................... :ph34r:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:blink: YOU RICH WANABE ! NOW THE COLORS COMING OUT! OH AND THE FANGS! DO YOU KNOW ANIMAL LOVER? THE 2 OF YOU MAKE 1 IDIOT!!! :blink:

Guest Guest

One of my favorite parts of town are the smoke stacks down along Passaic Avenue. It looks like the aftermath of a B17 raid.

What say you "yes girls".

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
One of my favorite parts of town are the smoke stacks down along Passaic Avenue.  It looks like the aftermath of a B17 raid.

What say you "yes girls".

Come on now, the yes girls have their hands full with, Schuyler & Bergen Aves., the Keegan landfill, the flooding on Hickory & Schuyler & King St., the proposed Wal-Mart etc.etc.etc., ...besides Passaic Ave is in the 1st Ward, hehehehe. Spin this A.Realist is A.Santos. lover

Guest Guest
Come on now,  the yes girls have their hands full with, Schuyler & Bergen Aves., the Keegan landfill, the flooding on Hickory & Schuyler & King St., the proposed Wal-Mart etc.etc.etc., ...besides Passaic Ave is in the 1st Ward, hehehehe.  Spin this A.Realist is  A.Santos. lover

Sorry. You're right, I guess I can't blame them on this one!

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_resident_*
Saturday was a busy and emotional day in town.  Baby Cecilia was laid to rest at a Mass concelebrated in a packed St. Cecilia's Church.  People who never knew this little girl, wept and prayed for her and her family.  Although the circumstances were tragic, it was heartwarming to see so many mourners gather for her farewell.

It was ironic that the next scheduled event was the opening of Little League.  In a Norman Rockwell setting, scores of lively kids anxiously approached the beginning of a new season as parents and grandparents looked on with pride.

Later in the evening, I attended the VFW Awards Night where Policeman, Firefighter and Teachers of the Year and student essayists were honored.

The day ended with a fundraiser sponsored by several residents to aid a local family experiencing some hardships following the untimely death of their mother.  Many people lent their talents and hard work to make it a huge success; and even though the event was born out of a catastrophe, it brought so many different factions toghether in a cordial atmosphere.

Kearny people rock!

Remind me again why Kearny is such a terrible place to live.

Mrs Sherry

With all due respect to you.

As a councilwoman what do people expect you to say about Kearny.

That it is unsafe etc.

Kearny is going downhill fast, People have no choice but to move, If they can!

I will move soon, Kearny is a sewer. Many people feel that way.

If you so intrested in the quality of life, Why not do something instead

of keeping a chair warm in town hall.

Someone posted employees drunk at the dept of public works,

Why not start there, Or are you going to say there is no problem,

Or the problems in S Kearny.

Thanks

Please Reply

Archived