Macro Evolution is a Dead Theory

Guest 2smart4u

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the Kool-aid down and read the post from "Graduate Student".

Still waiting for you to figure out what the consensus among ACTUAL, PRACTICING biologists is... go ahead and look it up, I'll wait.

Not engineers and divinity students; not philosophers; not even grad students at a Bible college; but actual scientists in the field of biology. You know, the ones best qualified to understand and evaluate the evidence on its own merits? THOSE guys.

What do THEY have to say, 2dim? Here's one starting point: Try searching the journal archives of Nature for any published, peer-reviewed anayses of the intelligent design "theory." Good luck with that.

Until you have evidence, 2dim, you've got nothing. That's the hard lesson of science; opinions and religious beliefs simply don't matter.

Put the Kool-aid down and read the post from "Graduate Student".

Doesn't take long to look at the faculty of Lehigh Univ. to see that Behe is a member of it.

I remember how must of a fuss was made during the Dover School Board case, that Lehigh maded him add this disclaimer to this Bio on their official web site. I put part of the text in Bold, so to show how well his ideas are accepted by the rest of the faculty there.

Official Disclaimer

My ideas about irreducible complexity and intelligent design are entirely my own. They certainly are not in any sense endorsed by either Lehigh University in general or the Department of Biological Sciences in particular. In fact, most of my colleagues in the Department strongly disagree with them.

Guest DingoDave

Behe is fond of using the analogy of an irreducibly complex mousetrap to illustrate his hypothesis.

The argument he uses is that if one removes any part of a mousetrap, then it will not work at all.

This has been refuted here, http://udel.edu/~mcdonald/mousetrap.html , with some cool little animations to illustrate the point.

Yet Behe still has a diagram of a mousetrap on his personal page at Lehigh University here. http://www.lehigh.edu/~inbios/faculty/behe.html

The guy has had his ideas shredded by both his biologist collegues, and in a court of law, yet he refuses to give up his pet 'theory' in the face of all the odds.

He truly must believe that he is 'on a mission from god'.

He reminds me of the black knight in the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", who after having both of his arms and legs chopped off, refuses to admit defeat, and describes his injuries as "only a flesh wound".

Maybe we could nickname Behe the 'black knight' of the biological sciences.

Guest 2smart4u
PhD's... none of whom are biologists, and none of whom know any more about biology than you do. Yeah, these are some real credible "experts" you've offered.

Meanwhile, what do ACTUAL biologists say? Oh yeah... they say ID is garbage. Guess who's more believable?

You really are good for a laugh the way you pull "quotes" from your ass. They're so stupid, makes me wonder if I'm debating a moron.

Guest A Christian
Well, I've seen it all now.  A science hobbyist with a high school chemisty background disputing a preeminent molecular biologist with a PhD. I won't bother to correct your blather, your resume speaks for itself.

Well said, 2smart. There's nothing dumber than an uneducated jerk (calybos)talking through his rectum.

Guest 2smart4u
LOL, seven is not a significant number, buddy. There are more than seven people in the country who think Elvis is still alive. Barely one-tenth of a percent of the about 500,000 scientists in the USA working in fields which heavily incorporate the Theory of Evolution believe that "creation science" is a valid theory. That's the reality.

You seem to like this analogy, but the funny thing is that since no one can see your god, using it just makes you look retarded.

You mean like the fallacy of appeal to authority (http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php?showtopic=3843&view=findpost&p=42888), or ad hominem (http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php?showtopic=3843&view=findpost&p=42888)?

:P

Take cover, rectum talk.

Guest 2smart4u
Considering any PhDs you listed are not PhDs in any field of science tied to the Theory of Evolution (http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php?showtopic=3843&view=findpost&p=43139), I'd say that it is you who is full of shit. ;)

Just keep digging yourself deeper. You can't even come up with relevant scientists in your appeals to authority now. :P

Take cover, rectum talk.

Guest 2smart4u
Doesn't take long to look at the faculty of Lehigh Univ. to see that Behe is a member of it.

I remember how must of a fuss was made during the Dover School Board case, that Lehigh maded him add this disclaimer to this Bio on their official web site.  I put part of the text in Bold, so to show how well his ideas are accepted by the rest of the faculty there.

Take cover, rectum talk.

Well said, 2smart.  There's nothing dumber than an uneducated jerk (calybos)talking through his rectum.

lol, I bet "A Christian" and "2smart4u" are the same person. I'd be very curious for the KOTW admin to check the IP addresses the posts of both names are being posted under, and tell us if they match. No need to actually show the IP addresses--just whether they're the same. XD

Take cover, rectum talk.

My my, you're sounding like a broken record today. :)

I notice how you used only partial quotes and left out the parts that show how Bebe is discredited and made to put disclaimer on his official Lehigh Univ Bio page.

Guess you got nothing better to do then use potty humor to try to get, grown ups to come down to your level. My grandson at 4 1/2 knows better then to try to insult his betters that in such a matter as you keep doing time and time again.

My my, you're sounding like a broken record today. :( 

I notice how you used only partial quotes and left out the parts that show how Bebe is discredited and made to put disclaimer on his official Lehigh Univ Bio page.

Guess you got nothing better to do then use potty humor to try to get, grown ups to come down to your level.    My grandson at 4 1/2 knows better then to try to insult his betters that in such a matter as you keep doing time and time again.

2dim's beaten and he knows it. The facts and the experts are all arrayed against him, and he doesn't have the mental resources to defend his claims.

So what's left but childish insults? If you were a bit more mature, 2dim, you'd accept your loss with good grace. Instead we're treated to another tantrum. Better luck next time.

Guest ElneClare's grandson
My my, you're sounding like a broken record today. :( 

Guess you got nothing better to do then use potty humor to try to get, grown ups to come down to your level.    My grandson at 4 1/2 knows better then to try to insult his betters that in such a matter as you keep doing time and time again.

Grandma !! You know what the doctor told you, LAY OFF THE BOOZE (and put your clothes back on, you're scaring the neighbors).

Hmmm.. Yes, I see. 2Smart and AC both seem to have an affinity for the word "rectum". Maybe they are the same person. Or perhaps they're just both "fundamentalists". See second definition of "fundament" below.

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=fundament

(yeah, cheap shot - hangs head in shame (snicker))