Kearny is a silly place.

Guest Guest

The idea that the people of Kearny think that preaching in a classroom is not a big deal isn't surprising.

Just look back at the history of some of the fun and games that have gone on with the BOE both past and present and you'll understand.

Remember the Girls Softball Team incident at Disney?

The idea that the people of Kearny think that preaching in a classroom is not a big deal isn't surprising.

Just look back at the history of some of the fun and games that have gone on with the BOE both past and present and you'll understand.

:P WOW GREAT POINT! if paul l has his way you will see lots more of that stuff! take GOD OUT OF SCHOOLS AND YOU LOSE CONTROLL OF KIDS ! they will not care about laws or rules or each other! thank you!!! :P

No. please elaborate

:) WOW GREAT POINT!  if paul l has his way you will see lots more of that stuff! take GOD OUT OF SCHOOLS AND YOU LOSE CONTROLL OF KIDS ! they will not care about laws or rules or each other!    thank you!!! :P

Control of the classroom has nothing to do with God, it's what a good, competent teacher maintains. The fact that people have attempted to defend this teacher by claiming he asked the class if anyone objected just highlights this teacher's incompetence. Good teachers don't seek their students' approval for their actions, they lead by example, this teacher has set a poor one.

:lol: WOW GREAT POINT!  if paul l has his way you will see lots more of that stuff! take GOD OUT OF SCHOOLS AND YOU LOSE CONTROLL OF KIDS ! they will not care about laws or rules or each other!    thank you!!! :lol:

Our schools do not rely on God to keep the kids obeying the rules. Our schools have never done that.

Guest Allah u akbar
B) WOW GREAT POINT!  if paul l has his way you will see lots more of that stuff! take GOD OUT OF SCHOOLS AND YOU LOSE CONTROLL OF KIDS ! they will not care about laws or rules or each other!    thank you!!! :(

Um, whose God would you have put back into schools?

Can I have my God, Allah in your Kearny schools? Can we start each day with a reading from the Holy Qu'ran?

Would that be allowed?

Most of the hateful Islamists learned in Madrassas - religious schools. This is what happens you build a school around God rather than a secular education.

Our schools do not rely on God to keep the kids obeying the rules. Our schools have never done that.

I forget who said this, but I think it was a former leader in Ethical Culture. Whomever said it, it is true: "I have known good people who believed in a god, and good people who did not believe in a god. But I have never known a good person who did not believe in people."

:blink: you are WRONG WRONG WRONG! just ask your mom or dad"that is if they are 45 or older! our history is GOD MADE! the rule of law is from the bible!!!you are what comes from taking GOD OUT OF SCHOOL! you need just look at the bilds in wash/dc to see just how much!!!! :excl:

:blink: you are WRONG WRONG WRONG! just ask your mom or dad"that is if they are 45 or older! our history is GOD MADE!

If you're talking about all those religiously-motivated wars, then yeah. Terrible, isn't it?

the rule of law is from the bible!!!you are what comes from taking GOD OUT OF SCHOOL! you need just look at the bilds in wash/dc to see just how much!!!! :excl:

Well, that was incoherent.

:blink: you are WRONG WRONG WRONG! just ask your mom or dad"that is if they are 45 or older! our history is GOD MADE! the rule of law is from the bible!!!you are what comes from taking GOD OUT OF SCHOOL! you need just look at the bilds in wash/dc to see just how much!!!! :excl:

I called my 75 year old mother and asked her. She said you are full of shit.

My dad told me I had the right not to say or listen to school prayers. He also told me I didn't have to say the pledge.

My dad was a WWII vet. He fought to protect all our rights, not just your specific religious beliefs.

Our country was founded on progressive principles by men who for the most part did not believe in your personal god. They believed in a god who revealed himself through nature and science. So your idea of god played little part in our nation's founding, if only to spur our founders to write a constitution that would keep religious fascists such as yourself from running our country.

Guest Keith-Marshall.Mo

Your responses are a perfect example what we are arguing about, not to mention that your yelling and screaming does nothing to further your cause yet it does help us to make our case. Than You.

Guest bewildered

Old Fart: Can you provide one example of god directly intervening in our history?

Where in the bible are things like:

Trial by Jury

The right to vote

A government elected by the people

Three separate but equal branches of government

The writ of habeas corpus

The people having the power to change laws

And where in the bible is "cruel and unusual punishment" condemned?

There are some states that never had prayer or bible readings in school. Does that mean those states went rotten before the others? What about those states that dropped laws regarding prayer and bible reading before Engel v Vitale.

This theory should also mean that the states that allowed prayer and bible reading in school the longest should have been by far the most prosperous states. I don't think that happened.

Laws are made by man not god. As for the bible the number 1 best selling book of short stories for the last 1700 years. Fiction that is since none of you christians can prove any of it.

Old Fart:  Can you provide one example of god directly intervening in our history?

Where in the bible are things like:

Trial by Jury

The right to vote

A government elected by the people

Three separate but equal branches of government

The writ of habeas corpus

The people having the power to change laws

And where in the bible is "cruel and unusual punishment" condemned?

There are some states that never had prayer or bible readings in school.  Does that mean those states went rotten before the others?  What about those states that dropped laws regarding prayer and bible reading before Engel v Vitale.

This theory should also mean that the states that allowed prayer and bible reading in school the longest should have been by far the most prosperous states.  I don't think that happened.

Yes, and what about all the wonderful, peaceful cultures that don't believe in a god? The Tibetan Buddhists, and other Buddhist cultures for example, are among the most peaceable people on earth. The notion that a culture cannot be good without belief in a god, as in supreme being, is just not true.

As a footnote, Paszkiewicz said in class one day that there were no cultures on earth that didn't believe in a god. He said he would give an A+ plus for the class to anyone who could supply an example of a culture that did not believe in a god. The next day, Matthew gave him the example of the many Buddhist cultures. Paszkiewicz hemmed and hawed for a few minutes, and Matthew is still waiting for his A+.

Your responses are a perfect example what we are arguing about, not to mention that your yelling and screaming does nothing to further your cause yet it does help us to make our case. Than You.

Keith when you lived in Kearny did you live on Elm Street and then years later on Davis Ave.

:blink:The rule of law is from the Bible!!! :D

How many of the Ten Commandments are, or have ever been, illegal in the US?

I can tell you many more were and are illegal in countries we are bombing or would like to bomb.

So what exactly is your point?

What I hope you realize is that Christianity is not a law, it is a path of divine inspiration to the glory of God. By the very nature of it, you cannot mandate Christianity. It has to spring from within, and people have to choose to follow that path, not be forced down it.

The glory of God has *nothing* to do with any country's Pledge of Allegience, what's stamped on its currency or what slabs of marble decorate it's courthouse lawns.

Does any true Christian really believe otherwise?

Guest Keith-Marshall.Mo
Keith when you lived in Kearny did you live on Elm Street and then years later on Davis Ave.

Nope, never lived in Kearny. I live in Marshall,Mo. I will say that I was in the great State of NJ back in '89. It's beautiful state. I didn't care for Newark, but then again I don't care for St. Louis or KC. either. Don't get me wrong, it's just that I'm country boy and generally keep myself out in the sticks.

What do you mean "a true Christian"?

I challenge people to ask themselves whether their expression of Christianity is faithful to the teachings of Christ, rather than diverted towards Earthly glory in the name of God.

Certainly, I am no authoritative judge; but it seems that references to God in the Pledge, our currency or courthouse iconography has no bearing in following the teachings of Christ. I bring these topics up, because these are usually the things people refer to when they speak of "taking God out" of something.

People should ask themselves if their emotions and actions are in line with the teachings of Christ. Let them judge for themselves if they are true.

The principles of Christianity guide the way to the glory of God, so they are rules in the sense that they denote what is required to come closer to God. They are not rules in the sense that they are laws that require human enforcement. Relying on such precludes achieving enlightenment through personal study of Christ's teachings.

I hope this clarifies things.

I challenge people to ask themselves whether their expression of Christianity is faithful to the teachings of Christ, rather than diverted towards Earthly glory in the name of God.

Certainly, I am no authoritative judge; but it seems that references to God in the Pledge, our currency or courthouse iconography has no bearing in following the teachings of Christ.  I bring these topics up, because these are usually the things people refer to when they speak of "taking God out" of something.

People should ask themselves if their emotions and actions are in line with the teachings of Christ.  Let them judge for themselves if they are true.

The principles of Christianity guide the way to the glory of God, so they are rules in the sense that they denote what is required to come closer to God.  They are not rules in the sense that they are laws that require human enforcement.  Relying on such precludes achieving enlightenment through personal study of Christ's teachings.

It does, and I like your definition. However, given the many biblical statements on which Paszkiewicz and his supporters might rely to support an opposing view, isn't an attempt to define a "true Christian" like jumping into a tub of soapy water in an attempt to grab all the bubbles? Isn't it just a matter of each person's interpretation of what matters most? If not, why not?

Guest Patriot

Certainly, I am no authoritative judge; but it seems that references to God in the Pledge, our currency or courthouse iconography has no bearing in following the teachings of Christ.  I bring these topics up, because these are usually the things people refer to when they speak of "taking God out" of something.

People should ask themselves if their emotions and actions are in line with the teachings of Christ.  Let them judge for themselves if they are true.

The principles of Christianity guide the way to the glory of God, so they are rules in the sense that they denote what is required to come closer to God.  They are not rules in the sense that they are laws that require human enforcement.  Relying on such precludes achieving enlightenment through personal study of Christ's teachings.

I've always wondered ......when an atheist knows he/she is dying or near death for whatever reason, does he suddenly "get religion", does he ask God to forgive him for his non-belief ??