Educators only.

The Young Punk

I was wondering if their are any teachers that are willing to teach world history to me over the summer or during the year if they perfer. First I'd like any one reading this to understand that I'm not asking for help so I can pass a class or for tutoring. I am just extremely interested in history and would just like to learn more on the topic. If there are any questions or if you have intrest in helping me out then please post.

I was wondering if their are any teachers that are willing to teach world history to me over the summer or during the year if they perfer. First I'd like any one reading this to understand that I'm not asking for help so I can pass a class or for tutoring. I am just extremely interested in history and would just like to learn more on the topic. If there are any questions or if you have intrest in helping me out then please post.

:lol: hey kid what time line are you looking for and how much depth? i have been studying for 40 years and its more than i would have thought and im just in ww1 and 2 the wars was full of things ! and yah doing ok? ;)

:lol: hey kid what time line are you looking for and how much depth? i have been studying for 40 years and its more than i would have thought and im just in ww1 and 2 the wars was full of things ! and yah doing ok? ;)

Basically I wanna look at the major wars ww1 and ww2 would be great to learn nd im doing ok how bout you?

Guest Guest
B) hey kid what time line are you looking for and how much depth? i have been studying for 40 years and its more than i would have thought and im just in ww1 and 2 the wars was full of things ! and yah doing ok? B)

You've been studying?!?!?! You're kidding right? I would suggest you put down the History book and dive head first into English! :lol:

You've been studying?!?!?! You're kidding right? I would suggest you put down the History book and dive head first into English! :lol:

Well I don't like to study grammar, but I love studying litterature as well as history. I actually go to the library every 2 weeks to take out books. 6 at a time 3 history 3 classic litterature. in fact one book I've heard good things about, and maybe you can give me a critique if you've read it, is The Art of War by Sun Tzu. I heard it was used by Napolean and helped his conquests. I also heard, and is understandable, that the concepts taught in this book are not soley able to be used for war as the book was originally written for, but for any thing that needs a strategy. If you read this book I'd like to know your thoughts.

Guest Library Lover
Well I don't like to study grammar, but I love studying litterature as well as history. I actually go to the library every 2 weeks to take out books. 6 at a time 3 history 3 classic litterature.

"Litterature"? What is "litterature"? The art of dropping your lunch garbage in front of the library?

Guest Guest
"Litterature"?  What is "litterature"?  The art of dropping your lunch garbage in front of the library?

WOW, insulting a kid trying to learn because he spelled a word wrong. No wonder Kearny is in the state its in. Do us all a favor, if you dont have anything to contribute to the conversation, then dont say anything.

Guest Retired English Teacher
WOW, insulting a kid trying to learn because he spelled a word wrong. No wonder Kearny is in the state its in. Do us all a favor, if you dont have anything to contribute to the conversation, then dont say anything.

Excuse me, but I believe that "Library Lover's" criticism of "Young Punk" is a perfect example of irony. Anyone who has actually read THE ART OF WAR would appreciate its underlying message of learning basic disciplines and applying them to all aspects of life. Maybe "Young Punk" should go back to basics before attempting to master such a sophisticated piece of historical literature.

Incidentally, if you were my student, I would have demanded that you rewrite your post correcting the following:

1) "...spelled a word wrong" should read, "...spelled a word incorrectly"

2) "...the state its in" should read, "...the state it's in"

3) "dont" should read, "don't"

Furthermore, I would have suggested you work on basic sentence structure. Proficiency begins with basics, basics, basics!

Excuse me, but I believe that "Library Lover's" criticism of "Young Punk" is a perfect example of irony.  Anyone who has actually read THE ART OF WAR would appreciate its underlying message of learning basic disciplines and applying them to all aspects of life.  Maybe "Young Punk" should go back to basics before attempting to master such a sophisticated piece of historical literature.

Incidentally, if you were my student, I would have demanded that you rewrite your post correcting the following:

Furthermore, I would have suggested you work on basic sentence structure.  Proficiency begins with basics, basics, basics!

:lol: wow a real teacher! cool dude :lol:

Guest Guest
Excuse me, but I believe that "Library Lover's" criticism of "Young Punk" is a perfect example of irony.  Anyone who has actually read THE ART OF WAR would appreciate its underlying message of learning basic disciplines and applying them to all aspects of life.  Maybe "Young Punk" should go back to basics before attempting to master such a sophisticated piece of historical literature.

Furthermore, I would have suggested you work on basic sentence structure.  Proficiency begins with basics, basics, basics!

I dont think he was trying to "master" the piece, and since you are a RETIRED english teacher, keep your lessons to yourself. I would hope that an obviously elderly man such as yourself would have a little more maturity. Its just another example of GRUMPY OLD MEN! Go ahead criticize my sentence structure and grammar.

Guest Guest

You must be a joy to live with. Any ******** in the family? :lol:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Retired English Teacher
I dont think he was trying to "master" the piece, and since you are a RETIRED english teacher, keep your lessons to yourself. I would hope that an obviously elderly man such as yourself would have a little more maturity. Its just another example of GRUMPY OLD MEN! Go ahead criticize my sentence structure and grammar.

Actually your sentence structure is fairly acceptable. I do, however, have several suggestions:

1) The word "English" is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

2) Learn the difference between the possessive "its" and the contraction "it's".

3) I am not a"grumpy old man" but I am married to one.

I am curious as to why you consider it immature to expect posters on a public forum (especially one where education is very often the topic) to use at least basic communication skills. Sarcasm and name-calling----now that's immaturity, dear.

Actually your sentence structure is fairly acceptable.  I do, however, have several suggestions:

2) Learn the difference between the possessive "its" and the contraction "it's".

I am curious as to why you consider it immature to expect posters on a public forum (especially one where education is very often the topic) to use at least basic communication skills.  Sarcasm and name-calling----now that's immaturity, dear.

I understood the discipline part, but if you had read my post I said I was looking into reading meaning I haven't as of yet. Though you, being so focused on sentence structures and spelling lessons, you did not read that part of my sentence or did that part just not register?

Guest Guest
Actually your sentence structure is fairly acceptable.  I do, however, have several suggestions:

I am curious as to why you consider it immature to expect posters on a public forum (especially one where education is very often the topic) to use at least basic communication skills.  Sarcasm and name-calling----now that's immaturity, dear.

I agree, don't write if you can't!

Guest 2smart4u

A word of advice to "Young Punk". Forget world history, start with "Dick and Jane" and "Sesame Street".

Sorry to interrupt the bickering, but Y-punk the information you're looking for is taught in US History 2.

I'm actually looking at an extremely detailed world history course. I stress detail because the AP World History and AP US History course will not be covering the material that I desire to learn or it quickly goes over them not giving the reader a lot of information.

Archived