What a Shocker! Disgraceful BOE...

Guest Oly Schmidt

Guest poetry lover

What is all the huff and puff about Mr. Hoff? So Hoff was an educator for 30 years and a plus. Go back and forth with lies and truths but remember this that it's inevitable. A five year teacher will replace Vice Principal Hoff and become Vice Principal Avitable. This is most shameful and terribly so wrong. That a group of five men can do this for long. But soon will arrive our November's election, and the Fabulous Five will then get their corrections!

Great poetry and also very true!

Guest Sad Responder

You are way off point. The issue made was in reference to a teacher with 5 years experience being hired as a VP. The VP at Schuyler had only 5 years experience and was hired without any rantings, so what is different with hiring a VP at franklin who only has 5 years experience?ques

The answer to that question is the original poster had their facts wrong. That's why there wasn't any ranting. And that's what's wrong with this web site, Mr. Web Master. People can post anything they want and other people take it as fact.

Guest tickfortack

Well, well, well. If nothing else, we learned that the Fab 5 (or 4 if you count O'Malley's absence) aren't very good at HIRING but they sure do know how to FIRE.

Rest assure that it is not over. The retired Fireman on the Board has vowed publicly and privately that he will avenge Mr. Hoff's and Dr. Baumgarten's wrongful termination by helping to oust the kearny boe member's son. Funny on the BOE you have the Kearny Fire Department versus the Kearny Police Department. Hey, why don't you guys play softball against each other like in the other towns instead of using people as your pawn?

Guest Election2012/TheReckoning

What is all the huff and puff about Mr. Hoff? So Hoff was an educator for 30 years and a plus. Go back and forth with lies and truths but remember this that it's inevitable. A five year teacher will replace Vice Principal Hoff and become Vice Principal Avitable. This is most shameful and terribly so wrong. That a group of five men can do this for long. But soon will arrive our November's election, and the Fabulous Five will then get their corrections!

Nice poem and definitely prophetic of things to come. Not only was firing Mr.Hoff and replacing him with a rookie teacher an unjust political move but telling the citizens of Kearny that Dr. Baumgarten was no good was also a malicious lie by the brainless Fab5. Did anyone see the beautiful article written by the Observer on Dr. Baumgarten from the Harrison Board Of Education who quickly hired Dr. Baumgarten? That is even more proof that everyone is telling the Fab5 that they are no good lying politicians putting only their family members and cronies in important positions even if they have to remove our successful veteran educators. The light at the end of the tunnel will be in the November's election when the Fab5 membership will begin to erode slowly but surely. Vote for Lindenfelser, Dowry and Doran!!! End the reign of the Brainless Fab5!!!

Guest fabulousfiveisms

Now we can see by reading all these posting that the Fabulous 5 are seriously IMPLODING from within. About 80 percent or more of all the postings here on kearnyontheweb are of an anti-fabulous 5 tone and their associates, who are Castelli, Campbell and Martin, who are also running in this November's election.That means that if Bert ****, who was one of their staunch supporters but now he is against them, they are obviously blowing up from the inside out! Also, they should try to hide the fact, if there is any validity to it , that any of their own constituents are turning against them, for whatever reasons. So what do they have left? If that's the case, and Bert **** is posting all this crap on kearnyontheweb against the Fabulous 5 then he is more powerful and influential than we thought he was because he is definitely dominating the anti- Fabulous 5 tonality campaign on kearnyontheweb. Keep going after them Bert!! We are extremely proud of you!!! The Fabulous 5 are obviously running really scared!!! They are completely losing the war on kearnyontheweb!!! That means that they are totally losing the electoral war in the town of Kearny. Their fear is most palatable!!! Also, please take serious note, the Fabulous 5 are very stupid indeed when it comes to educational decisions and and even more stupid when it comes to political moves. How do you screw political powers that be in the Town of Kearny, like frank *******, Robert *******, Carol **** *****, Laura ********, ****** ********, and now, apparently, even, mad dog Bert **** and expect to get re-elected? And if any of your constituents are turning against you, for whatever reasons, why do you publish such detrimental news? Just how stupid are you guys, really? Inquiring minds would like to know. PS if you think I'm Bert **** I now take it as a compliment. I'm sure Bert **** doesn't give a sh*** either what you think. He probably just wants to take you bad guys out, and it looks like he is succeeding. Keep at it Bert, make us proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's really Frankie******** also incognito. Can you believe it? Bert **** and Frankie D******** together again! I'm proud of you two men!!!. Take out those bad guys the Fab5!!!!!!! With those two together again, the brainless Fab5 don't have a prayer.Your friend Dave ********* (PS Check out your Facebook Notifications)

Guest not as confused as you are

You do not understand "proper procedure" or don't want to. As far as "I also recall at least 2 other board members stating publically this issue was not discussed as a full board", makes no sense at all and shows that certain groups of people "get together" and decide ahead of Board Meetings how VOTES are to go. This "issue" was up for a vote at a BOE meeting, in which BOE members know prior to the meeting what is on the agenda, an agenda which is copied to the Mayor's office, hence the political hacks knowing what meetings they should come to. This "issue" came to a vote, which each BOE member cast a vote at an open public meeting on each "issue", these (2) issues you refer to did not get the required votes to pass. What should have been "discussed as a full board"?

You do not understand "proper procedure" or don't want to. As far as "I also recall at least 2 other board members stating publically this issue was not discussed as a full board", makes no sense at all and shows that certain groups of people "get together" and decide ahead of Board Meetings how VOTES are to go. This "issue" was up for a vote at a BOE meeting, in which BOE members know prior to the meeting what is on the agenda, an agenda which is copied to the Mayor's office, hence the political hacks knowing what meetings they should come to. This "issue" came to a vote, which each BOE member cast a vote at an open public meeting on each "issue", these (2) issues you refer to did not get the required votes to pass. What should have been "discussed as a full board"?

Sorry, I think it's you that does not understand "proper procedure." Check out the bylaws on the Kearny BOE website...it's all laid out there clearly. But I'll try to simply it for you.

1. If "certain groups" (Board members) "get together" privately, and that includes email (which can be OPRA'd) it's a meeting and violation of the Sunshine Laws and also Ethical violations as well. ALL board members are supposed to discuss as a body what's on the agenda and any issues that arise (unless there is a bona fide conflict). Anything otherwise is an Ethics violation. You should also read the ethics page on the BOE's website for board members.

2. Board members are supposed to accept the super's recommendations. That's why they hired him. To evaluate staff and make recommendations. If the public or employees go running to BOE members with complaints, they're supposed to direct them to the chain of command. They don't hire and fire. They only hire and fire the Superintendent.

3. The "issue" that came to a vote was the recommendation of the Superintendent to renew 2 peoples' contracts. That was the issue. That was what was on the agenda. There was no other issue. The BOE members don't evaluate staff. Superintendent & Principals do. The 2 Board members stated publically they were never given reasons why the Superintendent's recommendation wasn't being accepted before the "reasons" letter was drafted. 3 or 4 or 5 members contacted the Board Attorney to draft that letter (Stated by the Board Attorney). Wrong and possibly illegal, although I'm not an attorney. I'm sure the parties will have a very competent one to figure it all out.

4. The parties chose a PUBLIC hearing. Any one of the 4 board members could have raised their concerns at that meeting. Nothing was said by a single one of them. Very questionable actions and quite frankly, unacceptable behavior for someone that's voted into office.

So, to recap, I would say someone should file Ethics complaints against these individuals. Think there's very firm ground for wrongful termination lawsuits from both parties. And I would familiarize yourself with how Board of Education members are supposed to act and what their duties are to the public. It's up to the taxpayers to keep them in check and question their practices & behavior.

Guest very curious

Yea. They have just created a HUGHE WRONGFUL TERMINATION lawsuit for Dr. Baumgarten and Mr. Hoff. A school Principal in Camden New Jersey just settled for a similar case for 1.5 million dollars because the person they replaced the embattled Principal with had less qualifications and less experiential years. Read about the case. Sounds familiar? At the end of the day Mr. Hoff and Dr. Baumgarten will have a big payday on the Kearny Tax Payers pocket. Thank you Fab5!!!!!!! Make sure you vote out these mindless Fab5 this November 6, 2012. Vote for Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran. SOS. Save our Schools and tax dollars.

Do you have a link for this case? Thanks.

Guest Right Back at Ya

That's it, that's all you got? You bet your a$$ I wish they had done more. There is so much dead wood at the BOE across the board that a good house cleaning is what's needed. Maybe if this board doesn't do it the State will. These men you speak of are in the "hack" category?, because why?, they got rid of 2 administrators and started an ice hockey team. That's funny. In their opinion they felt the district could do better at the 2 positions you speak of, if I were to bet, they did not just wake up one day and say let's get rid of 2 people, I would bet they were given some educational information which help them to come to this decision which you have a problem with.

Now this ice hockey team they supported. You mock a program that provides for KIDS who love the sport, but did not have an opportunity to play when they get to high school? "think how happy all those cops and firemen's kids are", are you kidding me, You're a disgrace. Kids are not suppose to be happy?? and especially if they're police or firemen's kids? So let's eliminate any programs in town just because there are police or firemen's kids participating!!!! You forget what some of the duties of a board of education is about.......KIDS !!!! If a program is in demand and it can be provided at little or no cost to taxpayers why not provide it? I'll tell you why, because people like you decide for some reason that you don't like someone (a board member/s) and take it out on the KIDS. This BOE has provide a 0% tax increase for 2 years straight, without laying off any employees or cutting any programs, wish I could say the same about the TOWN OF KEARNY!!!!

As for police and fire, I don't think either is a conflict, it never was, but now because someone doesn't like someone they cry conflict.

As for your retired fireman, no axe to grind, nothing personal, just fact. This guy has been a huge let down. A man of his age and he can't stand on his own.......sad, very sad.

No, you’re right, the 5 hacks didn’t wake up one day and decide to get rid of 2 people. The 2 they got rid of were on their radar for a long, long time, as were others who were somehow spared the guillotine. You think they were given “educational information which helped them reach their decision”? Funny, why weren’t the other 4 board members given this information? And don’t say they were but because they’re puppets they chose to ignore it UNLESS you actually know what you’re talking about. Which you don’t. This was a long planned move by the 5 hacks who preferred to listen to disgruntled administrators at the high school instead of the educational leader of the school district – who they chose!

As for the fabulous ice hockey team, I’ve got nothing against kids & I’ve got nothing against kids playing sports. But, it seems to me there are PLENTY of sports offered already without having to add another & hockey doesn’t come cheap, making it unavailable to an awful lot of these kids you’re so worried about. It’s no secret that getting a hockey program started was Board president George King’s main motivation for running for the board. But that’s o.k., others have run for the board with far less honorable intentions, and they know who they are. As for the cost, don’t be the least surprised if the cost continues to grow over the next few years, or at least as long as Mr. King is around.

Your sly allusion to the State coming in to do house cleaning is pathetically laughable. You have an active imagination.

If your argument with the retired fireman isn’t personal, why is he such a letdown to you? What were you expecting from him that you didn’t get? You must know him very well to know that he can’t stand on his own – whatever that means. But I’m glad to see you took my advice and softened your tone a bit. Shows growth on your part. Congrats.

No, you’re right, the 5 hacks didn’t wake up one day and decide to get rid of 2 people. The 2 they got rid of were on their radar for a long, long time, as were others who were somehow spared the guillotine. You think they were given “educational information which helped them reach their decision”? Funny, why weren’t the other 4 board members given this information? And don’t say they were but because they’re puppets they chose to ignore it UNLESS you actually know what you’re talking about. Which you don’t. This was a long planned move by the 5 hacks who preferred to listen to disgruntled administrators at the high school instead of the educational leader of the school district – who they chose!

As for the fabulous elite ice hockey team, I’ve got nothing against kids & I’ve got nothing against kids playing sports. But, it seems to me there are PLENTY of sports offered already without having to add another & hockey doesn’t come cheap, making it unavailable to an awful lot of these kids you’re so worried about. It’s no secret that getting a hockey program started was Board president George King’s main motivation for running for the board. But that’s o.k., others have run for the board with far less honorable intentions, and they know who they are. As for the cost, don’t be the least surprised if the cost continues to grow over the next few years, or at least as long as Mr. King is around.

Your sly allusion to the State coming in to do house cleaning is pathetically laughable. You have an active imagination.

If your argument with the retired fireman isn’t personal, why is he such a letdown to you? What were you expecting from him that you didn’t get? You must know him very well to know that he can’t stand on his own – whatever that means. But I’m glad to see you took my advice and softened your tone a bit. Shows growth on your part. Congrats.

Guest Lock em up!

Have the authorities been called about this? Now it's clear why these people are attacking the majority. They can't pass through illegal appointments!

Guest Avenger Ruberio

Rest assure that it is not over. The retired Fireman on the Board has vowed publicly and privately that he will avenge Mr. Hoff's and Dr. Baumgarten's wrongful termination by helping to oust the kearny boe member's son. Funny on the BOE you have the Kearny Fire Department versus the Kearny Police Department. Hey, why don't you guys play softball against each other like in the other towns instead of using people as your pawn?

That's great!!!! Let them have a taste of their own medicine!!!! So Kearny Board of Education member John Plaugic's son will be removed and not receive tenure, as it should be, tick for tack!!! Karma is a B**ch!!! That is what nepotism is all about, being on the board to benefit only your family members and your personal cronies! The sword definitely will cut in two ways! The fireman has made no bones about his plans to do the right thing both publicly and around town about taking out Plaugic's son.Go ahead fireman do your stuff!!!!!!!! Avenge Dr. Baumgarten and Mr. Hoff for being replaced by rookie teachers in one of the many disgraceful acts by the Fab5. We will help you by voting in the right people on the Board! Vote for Lindenfelser, Dowry, and Doran. Take out the Fab5 this November!!!!!!! Edited by KOTW
KOTW Note: The above information has not been confirmed.

Guest W.I.I.F.M Fab5 Renamed

The Fab5 have most definitely pissed off too many influential people in the town of Kearny to ever hope of getting themselves re-elected. One of the Fab5 wanted a Hockey team, that was, Deputy Chief of Police, George King, which he got for himself and his fellow police officer's sons. Another Kearny Police Officer on the Board of Ed, John Plaugic wanted to get his son a teaching job and tenure, which he also got but tenure still remains to be seen. Still another is hoping to become Mayor of the town, John Leadbeater some day from within the Republican Party. And still another hopes to expand his personal business into the Kearny Public Schools as an electrician, that is Robert O'Malley. This also has not yet materialized for Mr. O'Malley, but he is still working on it. And let's not forget that Paul Castelli was attempting to beat Albert Ciffelli in the county election and badly lost to this iconic name of Hudson County. So what does all this mean? It means that everyone of the Fab5 plays and listens only to one radio station W.I.I.F.M.(WHATS IN IT FOR ME). It also means that you do NOT piss off Laura C**** P*****, Barbara S**** C****** Carol J**** D****, Mary T*****, Mayor Santos and others who have powerful voting blocks in this town and expect to get re-elected. Mr. Hoff was a Kearny School educator of numerous years and many people in town loved him. Dr. Baumgarten was very much appreciated by KHS parents and now the Harrison Public Schools has her talents. The Fab5 have also eroded their own political base by screwing people that have helped them in the past. If you do all the math correctly you will come to realize that everyone of them is on the way out and that they were only a temporary fizzled fart. Therefore I propose a new name for them. The Fizzled Fart 5. What do you think?

Guest Simply

Sorry, I think it's you that does not understand "proper procedure." Check out the bylaws on the Kearny BOE website...it's all laid out there clearly. But I'll try to simply it for you.

1. If "certain groups" (Board members) "get together" privately, and that includes email (which can be OPRA'd) it's a meeting and violation of the Sunshine Laws and also Ethical violations as well. ALL board members are supposed to discuss as a body what's on the agenda and any issues that arise (unless there is a bona fide conflict). Anything otherwise is an Ethics violation. You should also read the ethics page on the BOE's website for board members.

2. Board members are supposed to accept the super's recommendations. That's why they hired him. To evaluate staff and make recommendations. If the public or employees go running to BOE members with complaints, they're supposed to direct them to the chain of command. They don't hire and fire. They only hire and fire the Superintendent.

3. The "issue" that came to a vote was the recommendation of the Superintendent to renew 2 peoples' contracts. That was the issue. That was what was on the agenda. There was no other issue. The BOE members don't evaluate staff. Superintendent & Principals do. The 2 Board members stated publically they were never given reasons why the Superintendent's recommendation wasn't being accepted before the "reasons" letter was drafted. 3 or 4 or 5 members contacted the Board Attorney to draft that letter (Stated by the Board Attorney). Wrong and possibly illegal, although I'm not an attorney. I'm sure the parties will have a very competent one to figure it all out.

4. The parties chose a PUBLIC hearing. Any one of the 4 board members could have raised their concerns at that meeting. Nothing was said by a single one of them. Very questionable actions and quite frankly, unacceptable behavior for someone that's voted into office.

So, to recap, I would say someone should file Ethics complaints against these individuals. Think there's very firm ground for wrongful termination lawsuits from both parties. And I would familiarize yourself with how Board of Education members are supposed to act and what their duties are to the public. It's up to the taxpayers to keep them in check and question their practices & behavior.

#1- wrong, a board member does not and should not tell another board member how they are going to vote. When it is your turn to vote, you vote yes, no or not voting.

#2- wrong, board members do not have to accept the supers recommendation.

#3- wrong, the (2) parties not rehired asked for reasons.

#4- wrong, as you think you know it all, you must know that when someone files a lawsuit or you anticipate a lawsuit coming, you keep your mouth shut until it is time to talk, do you really think that the board is going to tell you and your buddies who only try to find wrong with anything that is right what their reasons are? what are you nuts? stay tuned you will get the CORRECT info when its time.

Guest Scary Strange

The Fab5 have most definitely pissed off too many influential people in the town of Kearny to ever hope of getting themselves re-elected. One of the Fab5 wanted a Hockey team, that was, Deputy Chief of Police, George King, which he got for himself and his fellow police officer's sons. Another Kearny Police Officer on the Board of Ed, John Plaugic wanted to get his son a teaching job and tenure, which he also got but tenure still remains to be seen. Still another is hoping to become Mayor of the town, John Leadbeater some day from within the Republican Party. And still another hopes to expand his personal business into the Kearny Public Schools as an electrician, that is Robert O'Malley. This also has not yet materialized for Mr. O'Malley, but he is still working on it. And let's not forget that Paul Castelli was attempting to beat Albert Ciffelli in the county election and badly lost to this iconic name of Hudson County. So what does all this mean? It means that everyone of the Fab5 plays and listens only to one radio station W.I.I.F.M.(WHATS IN IT FOR ME). It also means that you do NOT piss off Laura C**** P*****, Barbara S**** C****** Carol J**** D****, Mary T*****, Mayor Santos and others who have powerful voting blocks in this town and expect to get re-elected. Mr. Hoff was a Kearny School educator of numerous years and many people in town loved him. Dr. Baumgarten was very much appreciated by KHS parents and now the Harrison Public Schools has her talents. The Fab5 have also eroded their own political base by screwing people that have helped them in the past. If you do all the math correctly you will come to realize that everyone of them is on the way out and that they were only a temporary fizzled fart. Therefore I propose a new name for them. The Fizzled Fart 5. What do you think?

I think you are in a very dark room by yourself, with one hand on the keyboard and the othe hand somewhere else......enjoy yourself.

Guest Old days, Old ways

You're really missing the big problem, while making noise about a mute point. July 2010, 3 teachers appointed, Rita Gross, John Plaugic III and Nicole Santos. Motion moved by McDonald and second by Doran. Doran yes, Castilli yes, Campbell yes, McDonald yes, King yes, Omalley yes, Schalago yes, SANTOS not voting and Stevenson yes. That is 8 yes votes, Bert, so you see if the 3 of 5 you speak of had voted no, the motion still passes, by the way the 3 of 5 you speak of are not related to Plaugic so how is that nepotism? Two of the 5 did not even know Plaugic at the time, so what is it you're trying to do, discredit people who are and have been doing the right thing? Oh, but wait, they did not hire you for the VP job, I get it.

Now, the meeting and appointment you bring up is a very good one. The problem is you went in the wrong direction. How about going after the people who directly ignored the Law and followed their own rules of appointments. You see you should be going after McDonald and Doran who moved and second the motion, there lies a real problem. They moved to hire Nicole Santos, whose mother sat on the board. That is a Clear violation of the law, that Bert, is NEPOTISM !! It should never have happened, but those almighty people in power at the time did what THEY wanted to do and screw what the law says. So you were close, but you missed the mark !

So many rumors about the fab 5, but that is all, rumors from people loyal to their entitlement plan. Keep on attacking with made up stories, but here we have facts, check the BOE website minutes of the July 2010 meeting, read for yourself, not rumors, not made up stories attacking anyone.........just FACTS. Why was this ALLOWED to happen?

Guest Guest

Look at the nepotism of the 3 running for the board. Jim Doran has to abstain from many issues because he is related to people employed by the school. Debbie Lowry just retired and her kids are all looking to get a job thru the schools now. Cecila Lindenfelser has enough family members employed by the board. Plus her ** husband was the board attorney. Talk about nepotism

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Stella by starlight

You're really missing the big problem, while making noise about a mute point. July 2010, 3 teachers appointed, Rita Gross, John Plaugic III and Nicole Santos. Motion moved by McDonald and second by Doran. Doran yes, Castilli yes, Campbell yes, McDonald yes, King yes, Omalley yes, Schalago yes, SANTOS not voting and Stevenson yes. That is 8 yes votes, Bert, so you see if the 3 of 5 you speak of had voted no, the motion still passes, by the way the 3 of 5 you speak of are not related to Plaugic so how is that nepotism? Two of the 5 did not even know Plaugic at the time, so what is it you're trying to do, discredit people who are and have been doing the right thing? Oh, but wait, they did not hire you for the VP job, I get it.

Now, the meeting and appointment you bring up is a very good one. The problem is you went in the wrong direction. How about going after the people who directly ignored the Law and followed their own rules of appointments. You see you should be going after McDonald and Doran who moved and second the motion, there lies a real problem. They moved to hire Nicole Santos, whose mother sat on the board. That is a Clear violation of the law, that Bert, is NEPOTISM !! It should never have happened, but those almighty people in power at the time did what THEY wanted to do and screw what the law says. So you were close, but you missed the mark !

I'm not sure what all this Bert talk is about, but you missed the mark on this one. Nicole Santos was already appointed, nearly a year before as a substitute teacher when the teaching position came along. Not nepotism, since she was already an employee of the BOE. And her mother recused herself from voting. But - sigh - I'm sure you're going to continue to argue the point. Just wanted to let you know . . . it's a stretch.

Guest Mad Ruby

#1- wrong, a board member does not and should not tell another board member how they are going to vote. When it is your turn to vote, you vote yes, no or not voting.

#2- wrong, board members do not have to accept the supers recommendation.

#3- wrong, the (2) parties not rehired asked for reasons.

#4- wrong, as you think you know it all, you must know that when someone files a lawsuit or you anticipate a lawsuit coming, you keep your mouth shut until it is time to talk, do you really think that the board is going to tell you and your buddies who only try to find wrong with anything that is right what their reasons are? what are you nuts? stay tuned you will get the CORRECT info when its time.

Well it's a done deal now. The 5 year rookie teacher Mr. Avitable took over for Mr. Hoff as Vice Principal of Franklin School and was appointed by the Fab5 at this pass Monday's meeting of July 30, 2012. So Mr. Hoff will now have a big law suit which the Kearny tax payers will flip the bill for. On the upside, the Fab5 will now be thrown out of power this November when Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran get elected. The Fab5 have really crossed the line one too many times and the majority of the public has had it with them. On another note: Does anyone know why the Fab5 did not appoint a Principal for The High School this pass Monday and only the Franklin School VP?

Guest Turkey Watch

So many rumors about the fab 5, but that is all, rumors from people loyal to their entitlement plan. Keep on attacking with made up stories, but here we have facts, check the BOE website minutes of the July 2010 meeting, read for yourself, not rumors, not made up stories attacking anyone.........just FACTS. Why was this ALLOWED to happen?

3 more months and the Fab 5's power will be gone forever.Nothing is rumored, these 5 have been the most disgraceful board of education in the history of the Kearny school system. This November 6, 2012 vote for Lindenfelser, Dowry and Doran. Disempower these 5 turkeys once and for all so that our kids have something more to be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day.

Guest Hester Prin, Jr.

Well it's a done deal now. The 5 year rookie teacher Mr. Avitable took over for Mr. Hoff as Vice Principal of Franklin School and was appointed by the Fab5 at this pass Monday's meeting of July 30, 2012. So Mr. Hoff will now have a big law suit which the Kearny tax payers will flip the bill for. On the upside, the Fab5 will now be thrown out of power this November when Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran get elected. The Fab5 have really crossed the line one too many times and the majority of the public has had it with them. On another note: Does anyone know why the Fab5 did not appoint a Principal for The High School this pass Monday and only the Franklin School VP?

Talk about irony. One of the reasons quoted by the Fab 5 to get rid of Dr. Baumgartner was that the district could find a "BETTER CANDIDATE". Unfortunately, they still haven't been able to find an ACCEPTABLE candidate, never mind BETTER! It's been advertised . . . AGAIN. Gee, let's hope they can convince both of the vp's at the high school to REALLY apply for the position this time and not run away like little girls. Doesn't everyone agree they would be BETTER CANDIDATES? LOL!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

That's great!!!! Let them have a taste of their own medicine!!!! So Kearny Board of Education member John Plaugic's son will be removed and not receive tenure, as it should be, tick for tack!!! Karma is a B**ch!!! That is what nepotism is all about, being on the board to benefit only your family members and your personal cronies! The sword definitely will cut in two ways! The fireman has made no bones about his plans to do the right thing both publicly and around town about taking out Plaugic's son.Go ahead fireman do your stuff!!!!!!!! Avenge Dr. Baumgarten and Mr. Hoff for being replaced by rookie teachers in one of the many disgraceful acts by the Fab5. We will help you by voting in the right people on the Board! Vote for Lindenfelser, Dowry, and Doran. Take out the Fab5 this November!!!!!!!

It's Lowry not Dowry!

Guest Guest

Look at the nepotism of the 3 running for the board. Jim Doran has to abstain from many issues because he is related to people employed by the school. Debbie Lowry just retired and her kids are all looking to get a job thru the schools now. Cecila Lindenfelser has enough family members employed by the board. Plus her ** husband was the board attorney. Talk about nepotism

Wow you really need to check some facts before posting. Seems some people are a little nervous of the competiton!

Guest Guest

3 more months and the Fab 5's power will be gone forever.Nothing is rumored, these 5 have been the most disgraceful board of education in the history of the Kearny school system. This November 6, 2012 vote for Lindenfelser, Dowry and Doran. Disempower these 5 turkeys once and for all so that our kids have something more to be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day.

It's Lowry not Dowry.

Guest Guest State Take Over

Have the authorities been called about this? Now it's clear why these people are attacking the majority. They can't pass through illegal appointments!

The Fab 5 and their self serving Superintendent are leading the district to a State Take Over like Jersey City, Paterson, and Newark and many other schools throughout the State of New Jersey. Rest assure that the acting commissioner of education, Mr. Cerf, is well aware of the firing of two veteran educators to hire the Fab 5's cronies, rookies, family and friends. What are the 3 main issues that the Governor of New Jersey uses to take over the entire school district?

1.Nepotim

2.Croanysm

3.Declining Test Scores.( Sounds familiar?)

Take out the Fab 5 and stop a potential investigation and state take over of our schools. Vote for Lindenfelser, Lowry and Doran this November 6, 2012. Our last chance to have local control.