the perpetual excuse

Guest Paul

"Conservatives without Conscience"  by Screaming Dean ??  I think I'd rather

have a root canal than read anything by him.  However, I'm reading a book by

Ann Coulter, "If Democrats had brains they'd be Republicans".  I recommend

it to any Loony Lefy that wants to improve himself.  BTW, I never called you a

coward and a liar. I did doubt your assertion that you served in the military, I

never before heard any former GI with such far left views.  As for my exit

strategy; Iran is the problem. We can't leave until Iraq can defend themselves

against Iran, otherwise Iran takes over as soon as we leave and Iraq becomes

a base for international terrorism funded and protected by Iran. Also, if Iraq

becomes a base for international terrorism when we leave, Israel becomes a

target. If Israel is attacked, they will strike back (with nukes if necessary)

against Iran. If that happens, all bets are off. We're back in it and probably in

a larger conflict than we're in now. So...... we stay until Iraq is stabilized, that

may take years, or until Iran provokes us enough that we knock out their

military and petroleum facilities with air strikes. Either way, radical Islam is

not going away any time soon and neither are we.

75359[/snapback]

1. Ann Coulter is an ass and a bigot.

2. We'll stay in Iraq until they are stabilized? When they can defend themselves against the Iranians? In what century will that be? Iran has a problem with our being in Iraq, not with Iraq itself.

3. We've already made Iraq a base for terrorism, which it wasn't before. Israel has been a target since 1948.

4. We've already pissed off many Muslims by invading one of their countries without provocation, so attacking another Muslim country is going to help how? Knocking Iran back to the stone age like we did in Iraq is not a way to win friends in the area.

5. We don't know if Iran has nuclear weapons yet or when they will have nuclear weapons. Israel has a stockpile. We have even more.

God, are you stupid.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Platoon was a movie about VietNam, 40 years ago. There are also movies about

WW2 just as violent.  Need I tell you that making an anti-american movie about

a war we're currently engaged in is a little different ?? Need I tell you that this

movie will be viewed in the arab world as representative of all american military

personnel and will hurt our cause over there if not result in american deaths ??

The producer, DePalma, and the financier, Mark Cuban are left-wing wackos and

I haven't seen one person on KOTW step up and condemn them for making this

dispicable movie. Birds of a feather stick together.

75364[/snapback]

We have never declared war on Iraq. The people there and in the rest of the reason have plenty of reasons to hate us. Are you really stupid enough to think that the Middle East is getting its intelligence from American movies? They know about abuses before we do. The best way to avoid more American and Iraqi lives is to get the hell out of there.

You are such a tool! Divide people down the middle and call them left and right.  In order to have useful dialogue it requires that both parties have at least one ear open. Paul, you have never listened to anyone on this blog, so I do not even remotely believe for one of the briefest moments in time that something useful will come out of this.  Just by your constant professing of being Liberal you can't seem to believe that there might be another side of a topic although you preach otherwise.

Get real, there is nothing happening here except a waste of time.

75348[/snapback]

Of course it's a waste of time if all you're going to do is attack someone. If you would actually read what I write, you'll notice that in addition to going after some people, sometimes, I also address content.

If you want to have a dialogue with me, try it. Write something with some meaningful content in it. There's nothing of content in what you just wrote.

a war we're currently engaged in is a little different ?? Need I tell you that this

movie will be viewed in the arab world as representative of all american military

personnel and will hurt our cause over there if not result in american deaths ??

75364[/snapback]

Have you seen the film? If not, you're commenting yet again from ignorance.

I don't buy the right wing canard that public criticism of an ongoing war helps the enemy. That's an excuse by right-wing authoritarians who can't tolerate dissent. It goes along with the right-wing way of thinking: narrow-minded and unable to abide complexity, ambiguity or nuance.

The only thing that actually emboldens an enemy is success. Unjustified wars, like Viet Nam and Iraq, are properly criticized. We're not going to succeed because the mission was foolishly conceived to begin with.

You do realize that Fred Phelps' group is a far-RIGHT Christian organization, right? Anti-gay? Ring a bell?

75203[/snapback]

Running for the U.S. Senate, Phelps gets a remarkable 30.8% of the ballots cast in the Democratic primary even as he terms his opponent a "bull dike" [sic].

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport...cle.jsp?sid=184

I guess Kansas Democrats are far-right conservatives.

Guest a proud american

75364[/snapback]

How can someone respond to a movie that apparently only you have heard of. And with regards to screaming Dean, I understand why you wouldn't want to read it. And I understand why you would find Coulter's book better reading. Her books are written to cater to people like you, those who's opinions are already formed based on their beliefs. Dean on the other hand, writes books that actually can be verified by history and I'm not talking about history via Coulter and her gang.

With regards to your comment about my service, you did call me what I wrote. Go back and read your posts. And the fact that you can't understand my political views are completely understandable and that's why I want you to read Dean's book. It's real simple. If you surround yourself with people who think like you then you can't form an honest opinion.

I noticed that you failed to mention the questions I asked you. Would you support a war tax and a draft. You say we need to stay in Iraq for as long as it takes to protect the Iraqi's from Iran. My question to you is when are the Iraqi's going to stand up for themselves? We cannot stay there forever. The General's are saying this, both Political parties are saying this and the Amercan people want us out.

And Iran. Why, when the majority of the Iranian people want relations with the US won't this Administration at-least make an attempt to try for a diplomatic solution?

I know their leaders are terrible people but there are terrible leaders throughout the world.

So on your next post please try and answer my questions. And let us know the name of this movie your talking about.

Guest Patriot
How can someone respond to a movie that apparently only you have heard of. And with regards to screaming Dean, I understand why you wouldn't want to read it. And I understand why you would find Coulter's book better reading. Her books are written to cater to people like you, those who's opinions are already formed based on their beliefs. Dean on the other hand, writes books that actually can be verified by history and I'm not talking about history via Coulter and her gang.

With regards to your comment about my service, you did call me what I wrote. Go back and read your posts. And the fact that you can't understand my political views are completely understandable and that's why I want you to read Dean's book. It's real simple. If you surround yourself with people who think like you then you can't form an honest opinion.

I noticed that you failed to mention the questions I asked you. Would you support a war tax and a draft. You say we need to stay in Iraq for as long as it takes to protect the Iraqi's from Iran. My question to you is when are the Iraqi's going to stand up for themselves? We cannot stay there forever. The General's are saying this, both Political parties are saying this and the Amercan people want us out.

And Iran. Why, when the majority of the Iranian people want relations with the US won't this Administration at-least make an attempt to try for a diplomatic solution?

I know their leaders are terrible people but there are terrible leaders throughout the world.

So on your next post please try and answer my questions. And let us know the name of this movie your talking about.

75577[/snapback]

The movie is "Redacted". A movie that dramatizes the rape and murder of a

14 year old Iraqi girl and her parents. The soldiers involved were convicted in

a court martial and received life sentences. Over one million military personnel

have served honorably in Iraq and Afganistan, Depalma and Cuban felt a need

to make a movie about 2 that disgraced their uniforms knowing the harm the

movie would cause. Their vicious, mean-spirited behavior is so typical of the

far left (could it be the Kool-aid ??).

Do I support a war tax and draft ? There may have to be a tax increase to

pay for the war debt. A draft ? Not at this time, all the services are

meeting their recruitment goals.

Diplomatic solution with Iran ? Their president is a madman bent on

developing a nuke and he hates the U.S. and Israel. Oh, yeah, he'll play

nice.

Running for the U.S. Senate, Phelps gets a remarkable 30.8% of the ballots cast in the Democratic primary even as he terms his opponent a "bull dike" [sic].

75520[/snapback]

They are more likely deluded fundamentalist christians out of touch with reality. They represented 30.8% of the people identified as Democrats who voted in that primary, so you can't generalize anything about Kansas Democrats from this information.

Nice try.

Quote of the year:  "I don't aspire to extremism on either side".  This from

the poster-boy of Loony Lefties.

75504[/snapback]

And this from the poster boy of the American Proctology Association.

Keep those A**HOLES coming, we need the money.

75577[/snapback]

Don't waste your time on the idiot who posts here as Patriot. He doesn't even know the difference between John Dean and Howard Dean.

75520[/snapback]

And why not? How about quoting some of the rest of it, dimwit?

"FRED PHELPS TIMELINE"

1947 Phelps enrolls in but never graduates from Bob Jones University, a highly conservative religious school known for banning interracial dating (a policy changed only in 2000) and for attacking Catholicism. Ordained as a Baptist preacher at age 17, he spends the summer trying to convert Mormons.

1955 On Nov. 27, the first service is held at Phelps' new Westboro Baptist Church (WBC).

1964 Phelps earns a law degree from Washburn University in Topeka, but has trouble joining the state bar when no judges are willing to vouch for his "good character," the normal procedure under Kansas law. Phelps overcomes this obstacle by providing recommendations from others.

Before the end of his legal career in 1989, Phelps will file some 400 suits, mostly in federal court. Estranged son Nathan Phelps will claim later that part of his father's strategy is to file frivolous lawsuits in the hope that his targets will settle to avoid the costs of defense.

1969 Until the mid-1970s, the Phelps family's main income reportedly comes from using the children to sell candy door to door for several hours each day. The children are also required to run several miles a day.

Also this year, the Kansas Supreme Court temporarily suspends Phelps' law license on three counts of professional misconduct. But it denies a request by the state board of law examiners to have Phelps disbarred permanently.

1984 Phelps sues President Ronald Reagan for sending an ambassador to the Vatican, alleging violations of the constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion. (It wasn't about church-state separation. He hates Catholics.)

1991 In his most visible early attack on homosexuals, Phelps and his followers in May kick off what they term the "Great Gage Park Decency Drive," beginning regular pickets of a park in Topeka where homosexuals supposedly meet. (The WBC pickets will still be going strong a decade later.)

1993 Also this year, WBC's picketing of an AIDS victim's funeral prompts a Kansas City, Mo., funeral picketing law.

1995 Also this year, Fred Phelps speaks at the Indianapolis Baptist Temple after being invited by Greg Dixon, a figure in the antigovernment "Patriot" movement.

1997 Also this year, the church puts up its first anti-homosexual web site; later, the site will become the infamous www.godhatesfags.com site.

1998 Carrying signs attacking "fags," WBC members picket the funeral of slain Wyoming college student Matthew Shepard, bringing Phelps' church international notoriety.

coward and a liar. I did doubt your assertion that you served in the military, I

never before heard any former GI with such far left views.  As for my exit

against Iran. If that happens, all bets are off. We're back in it and probably in

a larger conflict than we're in now. So...... we stay until Iraq is stabilized, that

military and petroleum facilities with air strikes. Either way, radical Islam is

75359[/snapback]

Are you sure you know who Dean is? The author of Conservatives Without Conscience is John Dean, former counsel to President Nixon and a Republican even to this day. His argument is that authoritarian extremists in the Republican party are damaging the country and the Republican party and giving conservatism a bad name. I've never once heard him scream. He's not the type. In fact, if anyone's screaming, Patriot, it's you and your heroine Ms. Coulter.

75364[/snapback]

Need we tell you that the country most needs a movie like Platoon when it is involved in or has just come out of a disastrous war. You don't want a democracy. You want a dictatorship, in which the president can declare war and suspend democratic rule. I don't think that's what most Americans want, and they shouldn't.

Our enemies are going to hate us no matter who is or isn't making movies. That's just an excuse. The real problem is, you can't stand having anyone disagree with you.

Quote of the year:  "I don't aspire to extremism on either side".  This from

the poster-boy of Loony Lefties.

75504[/snapback]

You know, I really feel sorry for you, Patriot. The guy invited you to have an intelligent discussion and you respond with this.

If you don't agree with him, say why. If you can't express it, maybe you haven't thought about it enough or gotten the facts. It is possible for you to be wrong, you know. You would admit that, right. And the reason I make that statement to you and not to Paul is that he is open to opposing views. He has proved it. You have proved that you are not.

He's telling you that he recognizes the problems with extremism on both sides. But to you, anything you don't agree with is Loony Lefty, even if you don't even know who you're talking about, haven't read anything about it, etc. And if someone calls you on it, you just ignore it, as though it hadn't been said.

What will it take to get you to see that the problem is your closed and narrow way of looking at everything?

75520[/snapback]

Typical right wing response. Absolutely irrelevant and meant to cast stones and divide. Phelps is defined by his beliefs, which are as far right and as vicious as you can get, not by how many people voted for him in a primary election in Kansas.

The movie is "Redacted".  A movie that dramatizes the rape and murder of a

a court martial and received life sentences. Over one million military personnel

movie would cause.

Oh no, conflict and drama in a movie! What were they thinking?! :)

Guest 2smart4u
The movie is "Redacted".  A movie that dramatizes the rape and murder of a

movie would cause. Their vicious, mean-spirited behavior is so typical of the

far left (could it be the Kool-aid ??).

Do I support a war tax and draft ? There may have to be a tax increase to

pay for the war debt. A draft ? Not at this time, all the services are

meeting their recruitment goals.

Diplomatic solution with Iran ?  Their president is a madman bent on

developing a nuke and he hates the U.S. and Israel. Oh, yeah, he'll play

nice.

75606[/snapback]

A tax increase and no draft? Bryan, I just realized something. You're a Loony

Leftie.

never before heard any former GI with such far left views. As for my exit

75359[/snapback]

Dear stupid moron,

That's the same thing as calling him a liar. If he said he served in the military and you say you doubt it, you're implying that he's lying.

Do you take stupid pills or something?

They are more likely deluded fundamentalist christians out of touch with reality.  They represented 30.8% of the people identified as Democrats who voted in that primary, so you can't generalize anything about Kansas Democrats from this information. 

Nice try.

75609[/snapback]

I guess the fact that Phelps ran as a Democrat didn't register with you.

Have you seen the film? If not, you're commenting yet again from ignorance.

I don't buy the right wing canard that public criticism of an ongoing war helps the enemy.

Of course you don't.

"It could be said [Tet] was a surprise attack which brought us a big victory. For a big battle we always figured out the objectives, the targets, so it was the main objective to destroy the forces and to obstruct the Americans from making war. But what was more important was to de-escalate the war -- because at that time the American were escalating the war -- and to start negotiations. So that was the key goal of that campaign."

--from interview with Gen. Giap

See, even if you help the enemy achieve his goals you're not really helping him.

That's an excuse by right-wing authoritarians who can't tolerate dissent.

Or is that the excuse of traitors who can't live with themselves without some kind of strained justification? :rolleyes:

It goes along with the right-wing way of thinking: narrow-minded and unable to abide complexity, ambiguity or nuance.

Right, because Paul has thought deeply about the complexity of war and how dissent at home can weaken the will to persist in a protracted war.

The only thing that actually emboldens an enemy is success.

See the Tet offensive for a counterexample. The success of the Tet offensive was primarily in its propaganda value. The communists got their butts kicked in the battle, but turned the tide of the war with the propaganda victory. Walter Cronkite was in the vanguard of Giap's America Dupes Corps.

http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/Cronkite_1968.html

Unjustified wars, like Viet Nam and Iraq, are properly criticized.

Tell that to the thousands of South Vietnamese who were butchered when North Vietnam broke the truce and invaded South Vietnam while congressional Democrats voted to renege on promises of support integral to the original ceasefire agreement.

We're not going to succeed because the mission was foolishly conceived to begin with.

75519[/snapback]

Paul's quite the Democrat. He hasn't lost hope that the U.S. will fail in Iraq.

Guest 2smart4u
A tax increase and no draft?  Bryan, I just realized something.  You're a Loony

Leftie.

75729[/snapback]

Will the real 2smart4u please stand up. Since Bryan and I are the only rational

people on KOTW, I would hardly refer to him as a Loony Lefty.

I suppose I should be flattered that someone wants to be me.

Here's another movie for you.....

Saving Private Bryan

....oh wait, that won't work because in this "war" Bryan does'nt feel the need to serve. He is perfecly content letting someone else fight his battle for him. He said it himself.