Some Things Never Change

Guest Former Harrison Girl

Guest Former Harrison Girl

I was born and raised in Harrison and my mom and dad were also. They loved living in a place where people were taken care of, and everyone knew where the third floor was if you needed a job or some help. It saddens me to come back and see the state of things and read the animosity between the police and fire. I hope there is never a time when these two departments have to work together in a crisis- I would be afraid to witness these professionals actually being mature enough to perform. As for the Gardens head, well, I have known and respected Tommy Lucas my entire life and he does not deserve the nonsense and the bashing he is getting. There are few people in the world who have the heart and dedication to his job and to Harrison. Mike is well educated in engineering and I hope that he doesn't buckle under the influence of the Mayor's choices for next on the list. Where else could you live where the apartments are painted for you, heat and electric are paid, while paying low rent? Who would be the better candidate for the job? I would be interested in the other candidates. I know how things are done in Harrison, but I know very few people who wanted a job on the town and didn't get it. You were required to go to the third floor, but once you walked in and sat down, something was done for you. Maybe some of the disgruntled posters should try working the system instead of whining. Or maybe you don't want to cut grass or clean buildings....... Pete Higgins, I agree, has really done a number on the Board of Ed and made a real mess for the present Board to clean up. I am sure that Pete and the Mayor are still telling the members who to hire and where the money is going. It's time for them to realize that they are not God or experts by now considering the scores and the lack of space. What a fiasco- they are lucky they are not in jail for *** **** ****** **** *** ********.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

if we go back to the very first posts and look-seems like the cops made a mockery of this dicussion board - the facts dont lie they assassinated anyone in there path

the only ones there hurting is themselves -i have never listened to so many little cry babies and bit-hes in my life get a hobbie besides stroking youself under your computer

go back to keanberg or your family shoebox at the gardens but shut the fuc* up already harrison has always been screwed up why the shock now what you want a town job that badly? listen i heard a spot opened up at the hfd as there dry and wipe person.

Archived