Whats With The Little Homies ?

Guest guest_Guest

Guest guest_Guest

whats up with these little homies who have nothing better to do than stand on the corner all night and day? why don't these kids and adults in the area on kearny ave. from halstead st. to afton st. go get a job, play a sport, or find something productive to do? they have no cars, no jobs, and no respect for anyone. the cops chase them away dozens of time during the afternoon and night time and a half hour later they come right back. i called kpd the other day and was advised that they can't be locked up because the town had done away with the town ordinance for loitering, pretty much allowing them to stand and hang out wherever they please all night.

i would post a question to the homies on the board, but for some reason i have a feeling they have no computers, and would not dare to use a public computer in the library (cause they would have to go inside it) and would not spend $2.00 an hour at these "latin internet cafes" which they seem to enjoy standing outside of all night.

i wish these losers would do something for themselves rather than slowly transform kearny into little newark.

• 2 weeks later...

i heard the kids beat the crap out of a guy who lives in a rooming house next to the tanning salon and another kid got cut up pretty bad with a machete a few days later... whats goin on ?

:P I said the same exact thing in the summer! And was told, "THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO GO, AND NOTHING TO DO"

(so how is that OUR problem)The hanging out in groups is a disgrace. These kids have nothing to do but try and harrass the older people and start fights. It's a shame the cops can't do more. The library, that discusting Latin-Net, and the spanish store across the street are magnets for these bums, and a place to purchase drugs.

I'd like nothing more than to put my foot up all their asses and send them home.

Maybe their parents should control them so we don't have to deal with them.

Guest used to hang, too

I admit I am intimidated by the groups of kids who hang out in front of the library and along Kearny Ave up to Bergen; but I also know that 20 or so years ago (oh my god! 20+ years!) it was my friends who used to hang out in that same neighborhood. I guess it was different because we were all white kids from Scottish and Irish (and maybe a few Italian and Polish) families in Kearny. We weren't dangerous, but I guess we enjoyed annoying the old folks by blocking the sidewalk and making rude comments as they walked by. There were fights and kids got hurt, there were drugs and kids got high, there was beer and kids got drunk. My best liberal, open-minded self says that these kids are probably pretty much the same kids as we were, just looking for something to do while we showed off how cool we were to anyone who would notice. I guess I can only hope that these kids really mean no harm to us old folks and that they, too, will look back in 20 years wondering about the new batch of kids hanging in front of the library and intimidating the old folks walking by...

yea, you're right. it was us 20 years ago. but if you remember, back then when the problem started getting out of control and more and more kids started hanging at different spots on the avenue, the town responded by sending patrol officers out on foot to tell us to "move along." maybe it didn't do much, but we knew that someone was watching, not that we were doing anything real bad. if we thought no one was watching who knows how bad we would've been. these days there is no foot patrol, but more importantly, there is no response. the town doesn't care to repond so the kids know they can get away with a lot more than we got away with. so, things are much, much worse than when we were kids.

• 1 month later...

instead of complaining about it on here why not go and talk to them about it and try to work something out or are you doing the same thing but with this message board. if you have a problem then make a solution for it.

• 3 weeks later...
instead of complaining about it on here why not go and talk to them about it and try to work something out or are you doing the same thing but with this message board. if you have a problem then make a solution for it.

Could be a job for the HeyDuke Kidz! <_<

instead of complaining about it on here  why not go and talk to them about it and try to work something out  or are you doing the same thing but with this message board.  if you have a problem then make a solution for it.

Could be a job for the HeyDuke Kidz! <_<

really...grow up...we did

Archived