Baseball Players

Guest Guest

Why is it that the gov't is getting involved with drug testing baseball players while NOT getting involved in testing the Fireman. I know their contracts are similar, but way more fireman have been arrested with drugs or failed drug tests than the baseball players anyday. Why don't they just agree to the testing and end all of this posting crap? We all know the answer, right? Nepotism and the possibility that something negative will come out and open-up the secret society that lives inside those big bay doors and locked entrances. If you truly were the bravest, you would be eager to get the testing done and shut everyone up. The thing is that you will most likely let down the town, your families, and yourselves. Putting so much effort into NOT getting tested makes it look even worse. In reality, what could be so bad? You get 40% substance abuse pension for life and medical care for life for a positive test. Now whats the problem?

to the one harrison cop who always has negativity did your mother drop you as a child or did you eat to many paint chips as a kid-trust me YOU have to get a life sitting at the computer and pl--ing with yourself is unhealthy try bowling you still get to look at balls====also try getting a pair

The FD still cannot respond to the original post because it has a ring of truth to it. What are you gonna do if one of your kids get a real mans job outside of your safe little hamlet and they want to test them. What story are you gonna make up about how much guts you DID NOT have and what the mere thought of drug testing sent you into an uproar. Very, very sad.

You have it wrong. The Fireman are the ones that are dreaming because they are usually asleep. Paying boys (not men)to sleep is a total waste of a towns finances, especially Harrison which is quickly running out of money with no additional revenue in sight. You are not a required service, so if cuts do come to I'm sure the FD will be one of the first affected.

What a bunch of babies. Grown men (in their own minds) deathly afraid to pee into a cup. You should be ashamed of yourselves. It makes me feel a lot safer that if my home was on fire that a buch of cowards are gonna try to help me. Oh well, I guess a real FD like Kearny or Jersey City can come and put out the fire.

Guest John Q. Citizen

Grinch,

I sense so much anger and hostility in your posts. The FD is really under your skin. And it's all because you couldn't pass the fire exam. If it's any consolation to you, you should know that the entire fire dept. feels sorry for you.

Archived