Good job

Guest Rembrant

Guest Rembrant

Yet another statement of gratitude and admiration for your actions Mr. LaClair. While I am not surprised by this fundamentalists actions I am extra annoyed by the fact that he is a history teacher who should have a better grasp of our constitution. The whole point of keeping religon out of public schools is to protect the minority's beliefs from persicution by people in positions of authority. But you have aptly demonstrated your understanding of this concept. The scary part is the fact that this clown still has a job. I am also disturbed by the fact that the school has banned recording classes without the teachers permission. Without your recording they would of hung you out to dry after they put you through the ringer. I would suggest the oposite, that all classes be recorded to make sure this kind of thing never happens again. There should be no expectation of privacy in a classroom. I would also like to give minor kudos to the religous people posting here condeming both the teacher and his suporters who have threatened you. But they are nothing compared to your couragous stand for what is right. Good job.

Guest Paul
Yet another statement of gratitude and admiration for your actions Mr. LaClair. While I am not surprised by this fundamentalists actions I am extra annoyed by the fact that he is a history teacher who should have a better grasp of our constitution. The whole point of keeping religon out of public schools is to protect the minority's beliefs from persicution by people in positions of authority. But you have aptly demonstrated your understanding of this concept. The scary part is the fact that this clown still has a job. I am also disturbed by the fact that the school has banned recording classes without the teachers permission. Without your recording they would of hung you out to dry after they put you through the ringer. I would suggest the oposite, that all classes be recorded to make sure this kind of thing never happens again. There should be no expectation of privacy in a classroom. I would also like to give minor kudos to the religous people posting here condeming both the teacher and his suporters who have threatened you. But they are nothing compared to your couragous stand for what is right. Good job.

Thank you. The most frustrating part of this from the beginning and now is the realization that most people do not take the Constitution seriously. They still don't. They don't understand the importance of a principle in a system of laws. To most people it seems unimportant, but if the Constitution is unimportant in each of its applications, it will wither and die. So Matthew did what ought to be done, and we appreciate your recognizing its importance.

Yet another statement of gratitude and admiration for your actions Mr. LaClair. While I am not surprised by this fundamentalists actions I am extra annoyed by the fact that he is a history teacher who should have a better grasp of our constitution. The whole point of keeping religon out of public schools is to protect the minority's beliefs from persicution by people in positions of authority.  But you have aptly demonstrated your understanding of this concept.

Whose beliefs were persecuted in Kearny, not counting those of David Paszkiewicz?

The scary part is the fact that this clown still has a job. I am also disturbed by the fact that the school has banned recording classes without the teachers permission. Without your recording they would of hung you out to dry after they put you through the ringer.

Is the CIA renting out wringers, now?

I would suggest the oposite, that all classes be recorded to make sure this kind of thing never happens again.

Right! To protect freedom, we must keep people from expressing their beliefs.

There should be no expectation of privacy in a classroom.

Darned right! If I want to film kids picking their noses in school and posting it to the Internet, nothing at all should stop me (Muwhahahaha). And Suzie's lame Show & Tell project? I'll "show and tell" the entire world what a moron she is with a bit of help from Youtube.

I would also like to give minor kudos to the religous people posting here condeming both the teacher and his suporters who have threatened you. But they are nothing compared to your couragous stand for what is right. Good job.

And they might have been major kudos if your kind weren't religious.

:D

With luck, New Jersey will join other states in two-party consent so that the school board can't easily change its mind about the recording policy.

Guest 2smart4u

Kool-Aid alert !!!

Guest Senior Kearny Resident

The one factual thing you've said is "you're disturbed".