Remember To Vote Tomorrow!

Guest SDem_Guest

Guest SDem_Guest

Remember to vote tomorrow, Nov. 2! It doesn't matter who you vote for, just vote! Some people say that they can't afford the time to vote. I say we can't afford to NOT vote. We live in the greatest country in the world and year after year the voter turnout in Kearny is shamefully low.

U.S. citizens have freedoms that other people in the world can only dream of. Let's not take our right to vote for granted.

Guest Go Bush

I knew someone HAD to start a topic stating,"Don't forget to vote." WE ALL KNOW!!

I am voting and didn't need your help reminding me you predictable idiot. Oh, and I love reading the rest of your post SDem_guest, PREDICTABLE* PREDICTABLE* PREDICTABLE!! Try to write something I haven't read a million times before. Use a little creativity, I surprised you didn't end your little dissertation with," God Bless America" or a quote from Abe Lincoln. You must be a very boring person.

Guest StudiesandObservations
I knew someone HAD to start a topic stating,"Don't forget to vote." WE ALL KNOW!!

I am voting and didn't need your help reminding me you predictable idiot. Oh, and I love reading the rest of your post SDem_guest, PREDICTABLE* PREDICTABLE* PREDICTABLE!! Try to write something I haven't read a million times before. Use a little creativity, I surprised you didn't end your little dissertation with," God Bless America" or a quote from Abe Lincoln. You must be a very boring person.

Yes Guest, "We all Know" that is true, but the sad fact is usually only about 50% of elligible voters actually get out and excercise their franchise. Voting is not merely a right, IMO it is a duty that many, many people, especially the younger citizens, shirk. This election had a record turnout nationally, of almost 58%...If only ONE person decided to hit the polls after seeing S-Dem's post than it was worth it. While we may be diametrically opposed in our political views, we agree that the only way our country works is through its elections, where everyone has a say in what happens. I realize that the Electoral College makes the final determination for President, but the Popular Vote is what determines thing such as Senate, and House seats, as well as State, County and Local elections. You may say that S-Dem is a boring person for "Wasting" his/her time, but then what does that say about YOU who took the time and effort to reply to a thread which you, yourself deems useless? The right and the ability to vote has been bought and paid for, by the blood of patriots, both past and present. To disregard this simplest of duties, is an insult to their collective sacrifice.

Guest SDem_Guest

Thank you "Studies." I am glad to see that someone realized that my post was not meant to be partisan in any way. Rather, it was meant to be American and representative of the great freedoms that we, as Americans, have.

Guest StudiesandObservations
Thank you "Studies." I am glad to see that someone realized that my post was not meant to be partisan in any way. Rather, it was meant to be American and representative of the great freedoms that we, as Americans, have.

Lest face it, BOTH Sides of the aisle have their flaws, and IMO, what we have come to in today's political system is in direct contravention to what the founders wanted. They pledged their "Lives, Fortunes, and Sacred Honor" to get rid of a system that had a ruling class, and in the last 100 years we've managed to get right back to that, with national politics at least, open to only the very wealthy. The original Idea was for real people with real jobs, Doctors, Layers, Farmers, Businessmen, to sacrifice for the good of the country by taking public office, and then going back to their primary profession, and what we have today are people who's ONLY profession is as a politician, and whole families, who's sole legacy is Political.

As Joe Dimaggio always said: I play hard everyday because somebody might be seeing me for the first time.

Many first time voters may never have heard the schpiel (sp?) so if it did have any affect, great job In The Know.

Archived