Roads

Guest GooglePezzollaPlagiarism

Guest GooglePezzollaPlagiarism

Anybody have the answer to this? I notice many roads have been worked on, but I haven't seen a timeline.

Guest Guest
Anybody have the answer to this? I notice many roads have been worked on, but I haven't seen a timeline.

A Lot might depend on what other work needs to be done. For example, if PS, Verizon, or the Water Dept needed to do work, better to do that First, rather than dig up brand new pavement 2 weeks after it's laid..not that the town hasnt done THAT in the past of course.. :)

Guest Just An Answer

First, let me say that the town does not go around ripping up roads after they have been paved unless there is a problem. It is now spring, when Verizon and Publi Service finnish a street if it is in need of repair, it will be taken care of in the order it was received. I mean we just got over the cold weather there are other things on the agenda, I am sure that takes presidence. Right now the Shade Tree Dept.is planting the new trees, trimming the old and removing the dead. The Recreation Dept. is trying to keep and maintain the ball fields in good condition after the floods, but due to the teenagers at night tearing them up it is a daily task. The Street Dept. is cleaning up after the storms and starting to paint the new lines and curbs also make street repairs, and fix street signs so it won't happen overnight, but it will get done. There are so many hours in a day to do these repairs so be patient.

Guest Guest
A Lot might depend on what other work needs to be done.  For example, if PS, Verizon, or the Water Dept needed to do work, better to do that First, rather than dig up brand new pavement 2 weeks after it's laid..not that the town hasnt done THAT in the past of course.. :)

Once again, ask Strifey.

Guest Guest
First, let me say that the town does not go around ripping up roads after they have been paved unless there is a problem. It is now spring, when Verizon and Publi Service finnish a street if it is in need of repair, it will be taken care of in the order it was received. I mean we just got over the cold weather there are other things on the agenda, I am sure that takes presidence. Right now the Shade Tree Dept.is planting the new trees, trimming the old and removing the dead. The Recreation Dept. is trying  to keep and maintain the ball fields in good condition after the floods, but due to the teenagers at night tearing  them up it is a daily task. The Street Dept. is cleaning up after the storms and starting  to paint the new lines and curbs also make street repairs, and fix street signs so it won't happen overnight, but it will get done. There are so many hours in a day to do these repairs so be patient.

My question is that I have not heard of any teenagers tearing up ballfields so could you please try to further ellaborate what you mean as to what fields and when ? And you say this is a daily occurance ?

Guest Just an answer
My question is that I have not heard of any teenagers tearing up ballfields so could you please try to further ellaborate what you mean as to what fields and when ?  And you say this is a daily occurance ?

The fields that I am talking about are down Gunnel Oval, the teenagers go down there at night and have a good time. As you remember when they put the ice rink in it was ripped up within one week, alos there are teenagers riding ATV'S and dirt bikes down there, just ask one of the parents from little league. You don't hear anything because no one says anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
The fields that I am talking about are down Gunnel Oval, the teenagers go down there at night and have  a good time. As you remember when they put the ice rink in it was ripped up within one week, alos there are teenagers riding ATV'S and dirt bikes down there, just ask one of the parents from little league. You don't hear anything because no one says anything.

Have you seen the roads down at Gunnel Oval. I took my son down there driving and it was more an obstical course. I know they ride their ATV's back behind there and I guess I do not have a problem with that becuase the kids do need something to do and I have not seen any of them on the fields. The ice rink was a shame and it should have been put somewhere where there was a lock around it. I lived here almost 50 years and didnt know there was the ice rink there until after it has been vandalized.

I guess it is going to take someone getting hurt down at the Oval before something is done.

Guest JUST AN ANSWER
Have you seen the roads down at Gunnel Oval. I took my son down there driving and it was more an obstical course. I know they ride their ATV's back behind there and I guess I do not have a problem with that becuase the kids do need something to do and I have not seen any of them on the fields.  The ice rink was a shame and it should have been put somewhere where there was a lock around it. I lived here almost 50 years and didnt know there was the ice rink there until after it has been vandalized.

I guess it is going to take someone getting hurt down at the Oval before something is done.

To answer your post, the Gunnel Oval was built on a dump site it is in the meadows when it rains the water just goes up on the road and makes it sink deeper into the ground no matter how many times it has been repaired, it would only sink again, as far as the atv's apparently you have not been down there when they ride around with the small children playing baseball, the noise is enough to make you deaf, and if one child goes to far from the fence these vehicles wouldn't have the time to stop before injuring someone. My assumption was that the KPD was to have police posted down there at all times when the fields are in use I have been there every other night for practice and have not seen any. So my friend this truely is a sad story.And to add one more thing the oval is where the mayor and council wanted the ice rink.

Guest Guest
To answer your post, the Gunnel Oval was built on a dump site it is in the meadows when it rains the water just goes up on the road and makes it sink deeper into the ground no matter how many times it has been repaired, it would only sink again, as far as the atv's apparently you have not been down there when they ride around with the small children playing baseball, the noise is enough to make you deaf, and if one child goes to far from the fence these vehicles wouldn't have the time to stop before injuring someone. My assumption was that the KPD was to have police posted down there at all times when the fields are in use I have been there every other night for practice and have not seen any. So my friend this truely is a sad story.And to add one more thing the oval is where the mayor and council wanted the ice rink.

I realize the swamps overflow when it rains, but there has to be a solution....That road is a disaster. I've never seen ATV's on the fields, just the road and in the back. You can't blamed the mess of a Pony Field on them. I didn't hear anything about KPD patroling the Oval, but its a great idea. I understand there is limited parking, but its an accident waiting to happen with cars coming out of illegal spots and kids running around. Oh, and don't forget about the ICE TRUCK and SOFTIE stopping anywhere a kid waves a dollar at them. If there are coming down as well, they should have ONE spot to stop and park, not try to circle the park.

Guest Just an answer

I agree 100% these are our children and grandchildren down there, there is no easy solution for the roads down there. Y ou can't take the wetlands out of the wetlands, so what should they do, find another place for the children, Harvey field would have been a pertect site, parcel the land off off different events. We have to take back control before the only place our children will have to play is the street. The one solution that I thought about is to raise the ground and put in barriers but that still wouldn't keep the groung from sinking, So I am asking the town officials WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ? YOU ARE THE ONES IN POWER AND HAVE THE "ENGINEER" ON PAYROLL SO WHAT DO YOU SAY? CAN MY SON COME AND PLAY BALL BY YOUR HOUSE? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
I agree 100% these are our children and grandchildren down there,  there is no easy solution for the roads down there. Y ou can't take the wetlands out of the wetlands, so what should they do, find another place for the children, Harvey field would have been a pertect site, parcel the land off off different events. We have to take back control before the only place our children will have to play is the street. The one solution that I thought about is to raise the ground and put in barriers but that still wouldn't keep the groung from sinking, So I am asking the town officials WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ? YOU ARE THE ONES IN POWER AND HAVE THE "ENGINEER" ON PAYROLL SO WHAT DO YOU SAY? CAN MY SON COME AND PLAY BALL BY YOUR HOUSE? :)

No matter what is done the Oval will continue to sink. It's the natural order of decomposition and break down of the old dump. Also, the medowlands commission continues to allow large building projects to go on and this causes displacment of water and where do you think it will go. To fix the Oval would cost way more then tax payers can afford or would be willing to spend. All I can say is enjoy it while you can, before it sinks completely.

Guest Guest

There's no time table! The roads are done according to what council person needs the votes. When will you people learn? With the amount of taxes paid in Kearny, the entire should repaved every two years.

Guest Just an Answer
There's no time table! The roads are done according to what council person needs the votes. When will you people learn? With the amount of taxes paid in Kearny, the entire should repaved every two years.

That is not true, the roads are done according to the severity of that particular road, they are done from the most severe to the less severe. That is the truth