Minority Hirings

Guest Guest

Why are there so few minorities being hired in the Fire and police Departments (and NO, Portugese is not hispanic). It is a complete disgrace that there are not more hispanics or even one oriental Cop or Fireman and these races compose the majority of the town. How about a few more African Americans? I am sure they are qualified, but just not good enough to work in good old Harrison.

Guest guest_Guest

ANYONE can take the civil service test, PASS, and apply for the fire dept or police dept. These jobs are not just handed out, no matter what you are told or think. You need to actually study and come out high on the lists. THEN towns will come looking for you. By the way, there are, and have been African Americans working at these jobs for quite a while. You can't hire people who don't apply.

we may have alot of hispanics and different cultures living in harrison but give jobs to the people who lived here their entire life not ones who cry that they favor us and not foreignors.and it is not a disgrace. keep up the good work HPD and HFD.

Why are there so few minorities being hired in the Fire and police Departments (and NO, Portugese is not hispanic). It is a complete disgrace that there are not more hispanics or even one oriental Cop or Fireman and these races compose the majority of the town. How about a few more African Americans? I am sure they are qualified, but just not good enough to work in good old Harrison.

Rugs are oriental; people are Asian.

good job hfd hpd on those you have selected? ................ :o

a fine group they are.............. :D

yes they qualify and made top list...................... :D:D:D:D

that's some funny shit.........right there! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:angry: Alot of people living in Harrison have no desire to work

why work when the goverment gives you everything for free.

I am sooooooooooo tired of hearing that minority crap

make them learn to speak english.

The Police Dept. and Fire Dept. have a total of 3 African American officers and one woman total. Thats out of about 120 employees. That is a disgrace. I thought discrimination was illegal but in Harrison, NJ it seems just fine. Looks and sounds like racism to me. The numbers don't lie.

:angry: Alot of people living in Harrison have no desire to work

why work when the goverment gives you everything for free.

I am sooooooooooo tired of hearing that minority crap

make them learn to speak english.

Hey you speak ahh spanish????????

I feel like thats the only thing I hear in Harrison lately Does anyone else agree with me?????

You hit the nail on the head. english speaking kids sit back in class while the spanish are getting extra help. Go to your country for the help. There parents can't speak a word of english because they don't want to learn.

The Police Dept. and Fire Dept. have a total of 3 African American officers and one woman total. Thats out of about 120 employees. That is a disgrace. I thought discrimination was illegal but in Harrison, NJ it seems just fine. Looks and sounds like racism to me. The numbers don't lie.

Read the New Jersey Dept. of Personnel handbook genius. You score a 100 you get hired first, you score a 70 try again. Unless you have vet status, then you really get hired first. Next time study more.

What about the bigmouth from Livingston who said he got moved-up over other people because his father was friends with him in the plumbers union? I wonder what his score was?

Guest off what list???/

The town of Harrison doesn't hire off lists, it accepts inter governmental transfers of clean cut white boys from the sherrifs office. It provides two things, avoids minority hirings and makes the town lawyer a whole lot of money........

The town of Harrison doesn't hire off lists, it accepts inter governmental transfers of clean cut white boys from the sherrifs office. It provides two things, avoids minority hirings and makes the town lawyer a whole lot of money........

It's funny that those white boys from the sheriff's dept. saved the town hundreds of thousands of dollars The town made out by not having to spend money on the police academy and wait the 6 months it takes to complete the academy. They also screwed them by starting them at the bottom of the pay scale. Even though most of them have more years of service and experience than officers that have been there for a while.

Guest Off what list???

What the town saved in not sending these employees to the academy they spend on the Town Attorney to get these so called experienced guys over, and guess what it still takes them six months to come over. Keep racking up those Attorney fees.

And as far as the salary yes they are coming over at a lesser rate than senior patrolman, but at much higher than if they just hired them off a civil service list.

So get your facts straight, we are not all dopes in this community

white boys? more like bitter postal workers with guns. the more they hire the less credit the department gets. here'as a thought just make it one big old corrupt station based out of jersey city. that's where it's heading anyway. whew! postal feast!

Whats wrong with working for the US Postal Service? They bring you that fat welfare check evry month. Just shut up asshole, nobody needs your comments.

Archived