Should Mayor & Council Be Re-elected

Guest Anheiser Bush

Guest Anheiser Bush

I would like to know what the people really think. I would like to hear true/ actuall facts about this mayor & council. (Powell, Higgins, Comprelli brothers.... are not on the council so keep them out of it!)

Guest IN THE KNOW

It is such a joke! All the empty barrels that make the noise about investigations and indictments and all of the other trash talk. If you are so smart and such tough guys, STAND UP AND BE COUNTED Come on out of hiding and bring out all of thiis evidence you claim to know

YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF CREEPS THAT ARE ANGRY THAT SOMEONE ELSE WORKED HARD, SAVED THEIR MONEY AND MADE SOMETHING OF THEMSELVES

yOU HAVE BEEN HIDING BEHIND THIS FORUM TO THROW YOUR ROCKS. IF YOU HAVE THE GOODS, BRING IT FORWARD, CHRIS CHRISTIE WILLL GIVE YOU BROWNIE POINTS FOR A COLLAR, IF YOU GOT THE GOODS AND THE GUTS, SO LETS GO HOTSHOTS LETS SEE WHAT YOU ARE REALLY MADE OF

IN ALL LIKELYHOOD, YOU DON'T HAVE THE BRAINS TO FIND THE TOILET SO WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO BE THE SOLUTION.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS

I don't think any of them are "bad" people, they are just politicians. Should they be re-elected... NO. Let's give someone else a chance and see what they can do for this town.

Guest GRACE and peace

This comes from the topic Who should be the next Mayor:

How about voting for someone who actually knows what it's like to have a family? Someone who actually has some first hand knowledge about what it is like to be bringing up children? Not to mention how much it costs! When was the last time you had to balance a budget for a family of 6, Mr. Mayor? Never mind a town. You want to re-develop the town? How about developing the mind of a child? You want to bring in a stadium?? How about bringing in a book and reading to a class? Our schools are overcrowded and understaffed........when was the last time you walked into one of our schools, Mr. Mayor? We'd save you a seat but there are none......When was the last time you walked up to one of your constituents and shook their hands and asked them how they were doing? Oh, and mean it? How can you possibly worry about and take care of an entire town when all your life you've only had to look out for yourself. The end result is that you're still only looking out for yourself. Are most people aware that the Mayor, by now going to work at PVSC can retire soon because the time he served as a councilman will be combined with the few short years at PVSC and he'll retire with a full pension?? How about buying 50 tickets to that shindig you had last night, with the money you line your pockets with, and just hand them out to regular joe's on the street. Hard working people who could use a lovely night out with there spouses or respective others but can not otherwise afford $50.00, because they need that money to buy lunch meat for their kids for the week. Did you ever think of doing that Mr. Mayor? Honestly, I didn't see any of those types of people there. How about we stay out of your re-development process and you stay out of our educational process? We won't tell you who to appoint to your planning board and in return we get to ELECT our education board. How's that for a trade? We'll let you keep approving of your friends building these ridiculous homes that no one can afford to own, never mind live in, and we get a TRUE Community Center for the kids in the community. Oh, and have it run by people who are truly concerned with and are aware of what the children of this town need. Psssst, Joe B. is not one of those people. We need a mayor and council who are concerned with the children of this town. Does anyone know why the esteemed mayor and council are NOT concerned with the welfare of the children??? The answer is so simple. Children can't vote. Oh, and because they don't have any children to worry about (with the exception of the lone councilwoman) so why worry about them? Let's see..........hmmmmm..........Mike Dolaghan, nope.......he has no kids (I often wonder if he even has a pulse), although I adore Jimmy......he doesn't know what it's like either. Mike Rodgers.......nice guy but clueless when it comes to kids.....I'd rather see Jack Rodgers in office........at least he's been dedicated to the kids of this community for 30 years and has been a surrogate father to many of the kids over the years. Victor Villata......kids all grown and gone......no one in the schools except in a teaching capacity, and although I really like him and his family alot........does he have any ideas or suggestions that he's NOT afraid to voice? You can't be everyone's friend Vic........they have programs for people to learn how to just say NO!! I'm not really going to deal with Artie P. at this moment because..........well just because, I have nothing positive to say about him, so let's move on to OJohn........with all due respect sir, you have to know when to leave the party........preferably while one can still shuffle out........you're already resigning, let's just call it a day. Mr. Kelly........ well, I just keep striking out here. So, although I have gone on a rant here, I still don't know who the perfect candidate would be, perhaps it will come to me, perhaps it won't and perhaps this little post will get people thinking and acting and changing. I firmly believe that it does take a village and I truly believe with all my heart that Harrison is still a really nice place to.............be.

• 1 month later...
Guest NO NO NO NO N O

Spare no one Harrison politics is made up of all lies.

Here is another one

http://www.nj.com/printer/printer.ssf?/bas...06871846140.xml

Codey wants new stadium for Giants

Plans for Meadowlands complex include a facility for MetroStars

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

BY MATTHEW FUTTERMAN

Star-Ledger Staff

Senate President Richard Codey, New Jersey's next governor, is planning an ambitious makeover of the Meadowlands Sports Complex, including a new Giants Stadium, a soccer complex for the MetroStars and a minor league ballpark.

Codey said in an interview the moves are essential to maintain the Meadowlands' position as one of the country's leading sports venues.

With the state strapped for cash and the cost for the projects estimated at $850 million, Codey is banking on the teams covering most of the costs. The Giants have said they would finance a stadium largely with their own money.

Four franchises that call the Meadowlands home -- the Nets, Jets, Devils and MetroStars -- plan to leave the state-owned sports complex in East Rutherford during the next four years. While Codey acknowledged it may be too late to stop their departures, he said the state is ready to invest in the Meadowlands to remain a player in big-time sports.

"The place needs a new look, a fresh look, and hopefully I can provide that," said Codey, who will take over the statehouse in six days with the resignation of Gov. James E. McGreevey.

Codey's plans represent a major change in policy. Under McGreevey, the state was getting out of the sports business with hopes of turning the site into a $1.3 billion retail and family entertainment destination known as Xanadu.

The new emphasis on the sports complex is in character for the new governor. Even as he prepares to run the state, he is coaching his son's basketball team, and he still wears a gold ring that honors Seton Hall's 1989 Final Four appearance. Last weekend he traveled to Boston College for a Rutgers football game, and he has owned race horses.

Topping the list of Codey's priorities in the Meadowlands is replacing Giants Stadium with a $700 million stadium. The specifics of the new building have not been worked out, but there are no plans to build a domed stadium, Giants officials said.

The Giants owners had agreed a year ago to a $300 million renovation of the existing stadium. In recent months, though, the team has become more interested in building a new home. Codey and Giants officials indicated this week that co-owner Robert Tisch, who had supported the renovation, now supports a new building.

"The Giants have indicated to me that building a new stadium is their first option," Codey said. "I've said to them, if they pay for it, they can run it."

John Mara, the team's chief executive, declined to comment yesterday but said he expects to meet with Codey again in the coming weeks.

"I want the new governor to hear my thoughts directly from me before I say it to anyone else," Mara said.

Mara, Tisch and Codey held an initial get-together last month at a meeting arranged by former Nets president Michael Rowe, a Giants' consultant. Rowe is a friend of Codey's who has been the main line of communication between the two parties.

A new Giants Stadium is only the beginning for Codey. He foresees a sweeping change of direction for the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, the state agency that operates the 750-acre sports complex, Monmouth Park and three South Jersey convention centers. Those changes would help the facilities keep pace with the Devils' planned arena in Newark and the proposed Jets stadium on Manhattan's West side.

During the past 30 months, George Zoffinger, the sports authority's chief executive, has tried to move the state away from its money-losing role as a landlord to professional teams. He took a hard line in negotiations with tenants and implemented the governor's policy not to spend any tax dollars on sports facilities.

The cornerstone was a deal with two development companies, Mills Corp. and Mack-Cali Realty, to build Xanadu around the Continental Airlines Arena.

Zoffinger, often one of the state's most combative public officials, said yesterday he is willing to work with Codey.

"There is a different approach from the new governor, but our employees have to be flexible enough to be able to implement the new policies," Zoffinger said.

Codey said the amount of money the state would invest in the sports complex would be decided in negotiations. A major question would be who pays the remaining $150 million in debt on the existing Giants Stadium. The state is facing a budget deficit of more than $4 billion.

"I'm not going to give away the store, but I'm not going to be unreasonable," Codey said.

The incoming governor's plans would be a blow to the city of Harrison, which had worked for two years to build a $120 million soccer stadium next to the Passaic River.

The latest plan for the stadium relied on $90 million in bonds from the Hudson County Improvement Authority, with the team contributing $30 million.

But Codey said despite Harrison's continued efforts, the deal is now dead.

"The county doesn't want to back these bonds," he said.

Officials in Harrison did not return phone calls seeking comment. A MetroStars executive could not be reached for comment. The Jets also declined to comment.

Codey said he will secure $10 million from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to help construct the Bergen Ballpark at the Meadowlands, which will be the home of the Bergen Cliff Hawks of the Independent Atlantic League. The project has always been a part of the Xanadu plan, but the developers and the Sports Authority have not yet struck a deal on who will pay for it.

Steve Kalafer, owner of the proposed team, said he has had several discussions with Codey.

Codey's task now is to figure out how the state can afford it.

"If we don't do anything, what does the place become?" Codey asked. "Is it just a dying football stadium, a racetrack, and a place for shopping? I don't think that's right."

Matthew Futterman can be reached at (973) 392-1732 ormfutterman@starledger.com.

Copyright 2004 NJ.com. All Rights Reserved.

Guest Goooaaallllll!!!&#33
Spare no one Harrison politics is made up of all lies.

Here is another one

http://www.nj.com/printer/printer.ssf?/bas...06871846140.xml

Codey wants new stadium for Giants

Plans for Meadowlands complex include a facility for MetroStars

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

BY MATTHEW FUTTERMAN

Star-Ledger Staff

Senate President Richard Codey, New Jersey's next governor, is planning an ambitious makeover of the Meadowlands Sports Complex, including a new Giants Stadium, a soccer complex for the MetroStars and a minor league ballpark.

Codey said in an interview the moves are essential to maintain the Meadowlands' position as one of the country's leading sports venues.

With the state strapped for cash and the cost for the projects estimated at $850 million, Codey is banking on the teams covering most of the costs. The Giants have said they would finance a stadium largely with their own money.

Four franchises that call the Meadowlands home -- the Nets, Jets, Devils and MetroStars -- plan to leave the state-owned sports complex in East Rutherford during the next four years. While Codey acknowledged it may be too late to stop their departures, he said the state is ready to invest in the Meadowlands to remain a player in big-time sports.

"The place needs a new look, a fresh look, and hopefully I can provide that," said Codey, who will take over the statehouse in six days with the resignation of Gov. James E. McGreevey.

Codey's plans represent a major change in policy. Under McGreevey, the state was getting out of the sports business with hopes of turning the site into a $1.3 billion retail and family entertainment destination known as Xanadu.

The new emphasis on the sports complex is in character for the new governor. Even as he prepares to run the state, he is coaching his son's basketball team, and he still wears a gold ring that honors Seton Hall's 1989 Final Four appearance. Last weekend he traveled to Boston College for a Rutgers football game, and he has owned race horses.

Topping the list of Codey's priorities in the Meadowlands is replacing Giants Stadium with a $700 million stadium. The specifics of the new building have not been worked out, but there are no plans to build a domed stadium, Giants officials said.

The Giants owners had agreed a year ago to a $300 million renovation of the existing stadium. In recent months, though, the team has become more interested in building a new home. Codey and Giants officials indicated this week that co-owner Robert Tisch, who had supported the renovation, now supports a new building.

"The Giants have indicated to me that building a new stadium is their first option," Codey said. "I've said to them, if they pay for it, they can run it."

John Mara, the team's chief executive, declined to comment yesterday but said he expects to meet with Codey again in the coming weeks.

"I want the new governor to hear my thoughts directly from me before I say it to anyone else," Mara said.

Mara, Tisch and Codey held an initial get-together last month at a meeting arranged by former Nets president Michael Rowe, a Giants' consultant. Rowe is a friend of Codey's who has been the main line of communication between the two parties.

A new Giants Stadium is only the beginning for Codey. He foresees a sweeping change of direction for the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, the state agency that operates the 750-acre sports complex, Monmouth Park and three South Jersey convention centers. Those changes would help the facilities keep pace with the Devils' planned arena in Newark and the proposed Jets stadium on Manhattan's West side.

During the past 30 months, George Zoffinger, the sports authority's chief executive, has tried to move the state away from its money-losing role as a landlord to professional teams. He took a hard line in negotiations with tenants and implemented the governor's policy not to spend any tax dollars on sports facilities.

The cornerstone was a deal with two development companies, Mills Corp. and Mack-Cali Realty, to build Xanadu around the Continental Airlines Arena.

Zoffinger, often one of the state's most combative public officials, said yesterday he is willing to work with Codey.

"There is a different approach from the new governor, but our employees have to be flexible enough to be able to implement the new policies," Zoffinger said.

Codey said the amount of money the state would invest in the sports complex would be decided in negotiations. A major question would be who pays the remaining $150 million in debt on the existing Giants Stadium. The state is facing a budget deficit of more than $4 billion.

"I'm not going to give away the store, but I'm not going to be unreasonable," Codey said.

The incoming governor's plans would be a blow to the city of Harrison, which had worked for two years to build a $120 million soccer stadium next to the Passaic River.

The latest plan for the stadium relied on $90 million in bonds from the Hudson County Improvement Authority, with the team contributing $30 million.

But Codey said despite Harrison's continued efforts, the deal is now dead.

"The county doesn't want to back these bonds," he said.

Officials in Harrison did not return phone calls seeking comment. A MetroStars executive could not be reached for comment. The Jets also declined to comment.

Codey said he will secure $10 million from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to help construct the Bergen Ballpark at the Meadowlands, which will be the home of the Bergen Cliff Hawks of the Independent Atlantic League. The project has always been a part of the Xanadu plan, but the developers and the Sports Authority have not yet struck a deal on who will pay for it.

Steve Kalafer, owner of the proposed team, said he has had several discussions with Codey.

Codey's task now is to figure out how the state can afford it.

"If we don't do anything, what does the place become?" Codey asked. "Is it just a dying football stadium, a racetrack, and a place for shopping? I don't think that's right."

Matthew Futterman can be reached at (973) 392-1732 ormfutterman@starledger.com.

Copyright 2004 NJ.com. All Rights Reserved.

:DB):P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P;)

Jack Rodgers! Are you kidding? i wouldn't let him out of sight with my ******* ********, ** **** *** **** ******, and you can figure out why on your own.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Archived