Teachers Aide

Guest Just Curious

Guest Just Curious

I am just curious as to the requirements needed to be a teachers aide in Lincoln School. I called the Board of Ed. and asked if you need to be certified and they told me NO. Not to be an aide do you need to be certified, only the teacher. Now my friends are telling me that you need to be certified to work as a teachers aide in the public schools in Harrison. Please Someone Help Me and lead me with the correct information.

Thank you

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

The only requirement is that you be a family member or give a portion of your salary as a political contribution to Mayor McDonough. Maybe you want a cleaning person job where you stand around town hall and get coffee for the Mayor that is a lot easier than being a teacher's aide. Those jobs are for sale too.

I am just curious as to the requirements needed to be a teachers aide in Lincoln School. I called the Board of Ed. and asked if you need to be certified and they told me NO. Not to be an aide do you need to be certified, only the teacher. Now my friends are telling me that you need to be certified to work as a teachers aide in the public schools in Harrison. Please Someone Help Me and lead me with the correct information.

Thank you

CALL RONNIE CAT,HE'LL GET YOU IN

Guest Just curious

Come on please someone be serious. This is a question that I would really like the Real answer. Since the people on the Board of Ed, everyone has a different story.

Guest Just Curious

Someone Please give me a serious answer. The Board of Ed has many answers and I now do not know what is the truth or not. Please if anyone knows the real requirements Please Post.

Thank you

I do not think you need to be certified to be a teacher's aid in Lincoln School. I had applied and was accepted for the position a few years ago, however, due to personal reasons I had to decline the position. I can tell you I was not certified.

I hope this bit of information is beneficial to you.

Guest Just Curious

People are telling me they changed the laws and that you need a certificate to be a teachers aide in Harrison. I know you should a have certificate when you are a Teacher but an AIde does not make sense. I beleive they should be fingerprinted and sent for evaluation of the police dept. to make sure that you have no criminal background when you are working with children. And that goes for all jobs in a school, lunchroom and all. I know of people in the Harrison system that is working for the lunchroom that has drug problems. I as a parent would not want them anywhere near my child. I think a criminal background should be done on all people getting a job in the school system. But as far as being an Aide well they should just have the background check and they should not need a certificate. This is what I need to know. And please for the sake of the children. DEMAND as Parents a background check on some of the people and you will see who deserves the job and who needs to be removed. GOOD LUCK

In order to hold that position you need a CDA it takes about 10 months to get.....this is part of the new Abbott regs.....on the job training is available thats how all present employees got theirs

Archived