Cost Savings

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I think that the ticket writing for street cleaning, checking the parking lots for people without stickers, and other non-moving traffic violations should be done by the Fire Department. It would give them something to do instead of sleeping all day and free up 5 cops to go on patrol. Good move for the upcoming election. Very innovative. I cannot think of any town except east Newark in NJ where the real Police Officers do these functions. I lay it out, you play it out.

Guest whileuwersleeping

why shouldnt they. they took over ems and car lockouts for the

hpd. one more thing wouldnt matter. besides their boss will be your

boss as soon as jt gets his payout.....

Guest Guest

I saw two fat firemen sitting in front of the firehouse on Cleveland Avenue today. They are so used to doing nothing that they have resorted to wearing shorts to emphasize that to the public. It looked very unprofessional. Why not just put some sand out in front and lay on beach towels. The sight sickened me beyond words, how do they get away with it. Just glad I live in a town with a volunteer fire dept., and my taxes are nice and low.

Guest firefly

You are obviously not "sickened" enough to come to Harrison for a paycheck though right?

Now you are worried about what they are wearing ??? It won't matter a damn thing if god forbid they come to save your ass in a fire, that is what fire gear is for.

Stop being so ignorant.

• 3 weeks later...
why shouldnt they. they took over ems and car lockouts for the

hpd. one more thing wouldnt matter. besides their boss will be your

boss as soon as jt gets his payout.....

FIRST OF ALL....CAR LOCKOUTS ARE DONE BY A TOWING CO. UNLESS THERE IS A CHILD IN THE CAR.....DUH.....YOU GUYS KNOW SOOOOOOO MUCH

You are right. The fat short-wearing firemen had to give up the car lockouts because there are so many fires. A private ambulance company could do the job at a fraction of the cost. Get rid of that useless Fire Dept.

Archived