Defend The Good Guys Here!

pottery

Bill Tansky has worked for this town for as long as I can remember. He began as a labororer and worked his way up. Isn't that how it works in most business and industry? You work your way up the ladder. If there was no way to make your way up the ladder, we would all be in entry level positions for the rest of our lives and post secondary institutions and degree advancements would be pointless! That really doesn't make sense to anyone?!! Do you really think who is Mayor makes a difference? He would have been recognized for his hard work and commitment to this town by anyone in office. He doesn't receive the respect he deserves; he does, however, do his job and maintain his ethics and morals DESPITE the slander that your jealousy illicits!

He is devoted to this town and instilled that same pride in Harrison in both his daughters. Both daughters have had job offers in other towns and have the degrees and certification that make them assets to their chosen professions. Working in Harrison is a CHOICE. They CHOSE to remain/return to Harrison and give back to the community. I believe the youngest was the Chair of the English Department at her previous place of employment, so the credentials are there, and she continues to work with the youth of this town on a volunteer basis. The eldest is employed by the HFD for over 15 years - I don't believe Mayor McDonough was in office 15 years ago, so she earned her job based on merit and qualifications. The next time you feel compelled to condemn the HFD for not having to fight daily fires, look to the Fire Prevention Bureau and thank Bill Tansky's daughter for helping to educate the youth of our town on fire safety. By the way, the fireman in Harrison must pass the same physical and written test as any other firemen in the State of New Jersey. When you bash them, sign your name, then pray you're not stuck in a burning building one day - they might just give you a piece of their mind when they're carrying you out.

Bill Tansky's father was also a Harrisonian - A Police Officer.

Why would you want to bash a family like this? You should embrace families who remain in Harrison DESPITE the ridicule they must endure by the mouths of the bitter.

In one breath you ridicule those who move out; your very next breath spews insults about those who stay.

So much of your energy is wasted on meaningless displays of vulgarity. You set time aside in your day to plan the wittiest verbal beating your minds can conjure up! A lot of hurt feelings stem from your forked tongues. Is it really necessary? Does it accomplish anything? Please redirect your energy into something more vital - like earning respect for contributing practical solutions to the issues in our town.

Guest Guest

He worked his way up alright. Right up the Mayors ass. Give back to the town, please.......they may get paid from the town but don't live there. He hangs his hat in Harrison South. How is that giving back....sounds more like taking. Since when does the Fire dept need someone in fire prevention. Prevent what? I thought that was Baggys job, his picture was in the paper for every fire related issue. I guess he is "giving-back" also by getting yet another high paying job that is not necessary. I believe that Harrison is the only town in NJ where the Fire Dept. budget is greater than the Police Dept. Why is that? Due to their grueling work schedule of sleeping, eating, and shitting. They couldn't blow out a match without calling for assistance from Kearny or Jersey City. You gotta be another Harrison product that never had to get a job on their own. Everything was handed to you since conception to make sure you were set for life. Realize that there are people out in the real world that have families to feed and are out of work and can't just have daddy make a phone call to get a six-figure job or become a legendary Harrison fireman. I agree a test has to be passed to get the job, but explain how so many of them are related to to town officials and families if nepotism is not involved? There are very few, if any, people in Hudson County promoted by merit. You are truly a clueless and sheltered child. I just hope you don't stray too far from Harrison, because the real world is a scary place. Can you just imagine having to make up a resume and go on a job interview? The trauma would be too much for you to take. Do everyone a favor and just keep your mouth shut and collect your weekly donation from the town.

Guest 4th Ward Resident
Bill Tansky has worked for this town for as long as I can remember. He began as a labororer and worked his way up. Isn't that how it works in most business and industry? You work your way up the ladder. If there was no way to make your way up the ladder, we would all be in entry level positions for the rest of our lives and post secondary institutions and degree advancements would be pointless! That really doesn't make sense to anyone?!! Do you really think who is Mayor makes a difference? He would have been recognized for his hard work and commitment to this town by anyone in office. He doesn't receive the respect he deserves; he does, however, do his job and maintain his ethics and morals DESPITE the slander that your jealousy illicits!

He is devoted to this town and instilled that same pride in Harrison in both his daughters. Both daughters have had job offers in other towns and have the degrees and certification that make them assets to their chosen professions. Working in Harrison is a CHOICE. They CHOSE to remain/return to Harrison and give back to the community. I believe the youngest was the Chair of the English Department at her previous place of employment, so the credentials are there, and she continues to work with the youth of this town on a volunteer basis. The eldest is employed by the HFD for over 15 years - I don't believe Mayor McDonough was in office 15 years ago, so she earned her job based on merit and qualifications. The next time you feel compelled to condemn the HFD for not having to fight daily fires, look to the Fire Prevention Bureau and thank Bill Tansky's daughter for helping to educate the youth of our town on fire safety. By the way, the fireman in Harrison must pass the same physical and written test as any other firemen in the State of New Jersey. When you bash them, sign your name, then pray you're not stuck in a burning building one day - they might just give you a piece of their mind when they're carrying you out.

Bill Tansky's father was also a Harrisonian - A Police Officer.

Why would you want to bash a family like this? You should embrace families who remain in Harrison DESPITE the ridicule they must endure by the mouths of the bitter.

In one breath you ridicule those who move out; your very next breath spews insults about those who stay.

So much of your energy is wasted on meaningless displays of vulgarity. You set time aside in your day to plan the wittiest verbal beating your minds can conjure up! A lot of hurt feelings stem from your forked tongues. Is it really necessary? Does it accomplish anything? Please redirect your energy into something more vital - like earning respect for contributing practical solutions to the issues in our town.

Extremely well said.

Guest Guest

Fire prevention bureau, you must be joking. Being your memory is so good, was that job posted for anyone to apply or did daddy just make a phone call. You should be ashamed of yourself to even bring that up.

Guest Oh please

You are correct, she did get that job 15 years ago when Rogers was in office - Bill did some major ass kissing then. Isn't that about the same time he was working two jobs for the town collecting two salaries? The only reason he and his daughters stay in this town is because just like the rest of the town ass kissers, take them out of Harrison and they would be a NOBODY!!!!! I highly dought they were offered and refused jobs in other towns, maybe the teacher was but the one who works for the HFD come on we all know that job was appointed to her because of who her "daddy" is - that job was not posted for anyone else to apply for it was assigned during the good old Roger days!

Well put Pottery, I do not live in Harrison any longer but i know Billy a lot of years and you hit the nail on the head about him. A true gentleman and a definite plus to his community where ever he lives,Harrison has one hell of a man there so those of you who choose to try and degrade him truly do not know what you are talking about.

Guest BLUESKYS

To Guest:

You are such an ignorant moran. Bill Tansky lives in Harrison on Ann Street, his oldest daughter owns a house in Harrison on Central Avenue and his youngest daughter rents an apartment in Harrison. Its a wonder you know how to breath and type at the same time. Jelousy shows up to much on this web site. You couldn't tell a good guy if you tripped over him. Bill Tansky has worked for this town for 31 years, you should have the moral and work eithics that he has. Smarten up, you are a nothing in the Town of Harrison, except a cry baby. Further more his oldest daughter got her job through the work study program in Harrison High School, and that was 18 years ago. The Mayor at that time was Frank Rogers. If you have a problem with the High School offering that program then go complain to the Board of Education. And one other thing, Baggie did his job because Bill Tansky's daughter made sure he knew what he was doing each day. And for your information, she was also the Fire Offical in East Newark for 2 years. I dare you to match her credentials and certifications. Just so you know Baggie only had one more certificate then her and that was sub-code officail. Here's another one for you, she also took the fireman's test twice and passed it, but the town wouldn't hire her because she was a female. (Guess she is not in politically) And on one of the test she was the only female who passed the test and was on a list with over 1,000 men. And if you want to check the records in Trenton she was the youngest Fire Officail in the State of New Jersey when she got her certification. And to further set the record striaght she has her job because she deserves it, she worked for it and she didn't need anyone to go to bat for her to get the job. She was hired because of what she knows and not who she knows. She runs the Harrison Fire Prevention and without her that department would no longer exist. Before you post and show your ignorance check the facts, they are all listed in the Town Hall. The only thing that you constantly prove on this web site is there are people in this town that absolutley have no brains. The previous writer was so right. Nothing makes you happy, you complain if they live in town, you complain if they live out of town. Do the town a favor and put yourself out for bulk pick up and make Harrison a better town to live in.

Guest Guest

1) Tanski lives down down the Jersey Shore.

2) If the girl kenw "Baggies' job better than him, then why did we need him.

3) The fire Dept. DOES NO WORK. One of them $80,000.00/year waste of times could have did the fire prevention job. Why did they need the girl? Just look at the last name for the answer. If there are 60 firemen, you could devote 59 of them to fire prevention and nobody would notice the difference. Face facts, a paid fire dept. in harrison is a complete waste of money. That money could be used in many other ways, like quality of life for instance. Just wait until that stadium and school are built. You will be calling for the Cops and you will be waiting a long, long time because only three are on duty. These officers are not to leave their traffic posts under ANY circumstances. Maybe you can run to the firehouse for help and knock on the doors for a few hours until you wake one of them up to help you.

WHY ARE YOU SO CONSUMED WITH WHAT THE FIRE DEPT. DOES ? YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT YOUR SELF WHAT DO YOU CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY BESIDES A HEADACHE .GET OVER IT WITH THE HFD. YOU JEALOUS BABY!!! PLEASE JUST WORRY ABOUT YOUR SELF AND NO ONE ELSE WHO CARES HOW SOMEONE GOT A JOB. SAME THING EVERYTIME I READ THIS HARRISON SITE WHO IS JEALOUS OF WHO IN HARRISON BUNCH OF BABIES IN THAT TOWN IF YOU HAD THE CONNECTION TO GET YOUR KID A JOB YOU WOULD DO WHAT YOU COULD TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. SO GET OVER IT

Guest Guest

Thats just the type of thinking that has the town in the financial mess its in. Tax and spend will solve the problem right? WRONG!!! Gotta love those tax bills!

Guest Guest

then friggin move....no one has a god damn gun to your head forcing you to stay here...i sure a hell won't miss ya...your bitches are the reason people leave harrison you worry more about them then you do yourself...boo-f**king-hoo...go cry yourself to sleep ya baby!!!!

Guest BLUESKYS

You people who believe it is your God given right to get on this web site and slander the good people of this town should take heed and realize that the only thing you are accomplishing is driving these people right out of this town. Because of your character bashing you have shown and proven what kind of trash is actually living here. And my friends, in the end the only thing you will have accomplished is opened the doors to a different type and class of people to move in and take over the homes left by the decent hard working town employee's that you have driven out of this town. In five years because of your bitter tongues of gossip and degregation you will find yourself living amid a people who could care less about Harrison and worse, less about there morals, ethics and values. Why not learn to embrace who is left in Harrison because before your eyes Harrison is disappearing into the past. This town use to be the finest of the finest because we always took care of our own and they inturn always gave back to Harrison by living here, paying taxes, raising thier children here and sending them through our school system. They even took care of our churchs and catholic schools. Just stop and look around you before you start condeming the residents who work for the town and still live here----with just a hands full left our town is crumbling. So instead of viciously bad mouthing the few that remain and own homes, treat them with respect as they may be Harrison's last hope. And if one of our native sons or daughters gets a job working for the town because of there own ability or because they know someone, then so be it. Lets try and welcome them and show them how much we appreciate them working for our community. And just maybe this will make them stay, buy a home and raise there children in Harrison. Lets not force them out because of your animosity, harassment, jealousy and slander. We need them here, we need the "GOOD GUYS" before Harrison is lost forever.

Guest Oh stop it

We non one is stating that the poor girl isn't qualified for the job - I'm sure she learned her skills while working on the job for 15 years, what we are saying is that she got the job because of who her father knew - we all know that is the truth. Regardless of what you are saying she got that job because of him, not because of some work stufy program. right now she is an over paid person taking up space in a department that doesn't do much work on a day to day basis. Seriously, what does her day consist of, flirting with the men on the fire department?

Guest Guest

DUDE, THOSE DAYS ARE GONE! WHAT WE HAVE IS OWED TO THOSE WHO RAPED THIS TOWN OF IT'S GOODS! WHO'S LEFT? THOSE LOOKING TO GREENER PASTURES. YES LOOK AROUND............I BARELY HEAR ENGLISH BEING SPOKEN IT'S ALL AZETEC. LOOK AT THE STORES.........DUMPS TO INTRODUCE THEIR NATIVE PRODUCTS.....YELLOW PISS WATER SODA AND ROASTED HAMSTERS! IT'S TOO LATE THOSE DAYS ARE GONE. EACH DAY CRIME INCREASES AND MORE HAPPY GO LUCKY PEOPLE LEAVE THIER JOBS AND HOMES. BRICK DOESN'T SOUND SO BAD ANYMORE. LOOK AT OUR STUDENTS, HALF CAN'T DRESS LET ALONE SPEAK PROPERLY. NO THOSE DAYS ARE GONE. IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE ANOTHER NEWARK INVASION HITS. HARRISON AVENUE WILL BE AN EXTENSION OF FERRY ST AND THOSE PARTS AND TYPES OF PEOPLE. CHECK OUT THE BERGEN MALL ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT.........IT'S BEGUN. :angry:

Guest Towering Inferno
WHY ARE YOU SO CONSUMED WITH WHAT THE FIRE DEPT. DOES ?

Because I'm paying to house all these guys at Club Head for 24 hours at a time doing nothing. :angry::P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GuestM
To Guest:

You are such an ignorant moran. Bill Tansky lives in Harrison on Ann Street, his oldest daughter owns a house in Harrison on Central Avenue and his youngest daughter rents an apartment in Harrison. Its a wonder you know how to breath and type at the same time. Jelousy shows up to much on this web site. You couldn't tell a good guy if you tripped over him. Bill Tansky has worked for this town for 31 years, you should have the moral and work eithics that he has. Smarten up, you are a nothing in the Town of Harrison, except a cry baby. Further more his oldest daughter got her job through the work study program in Harrison High School, and that was 18 years ago. The Mayor at that time was Frank Rogers. If you have a problem with the High School offering that program then go complain to the Board of Education. And one other thing, Baggie did his job because Bill Tansky's daughter made sure he knew what he was doing each day. And for your information, she was also the Fire Offical in East Newark for 2 years. I dare you to match her credentials and certifications. Just so you know Baggie only had one more certificate then her and that was sub-code officail. Here's another one for you, she also took the fireman's test twice and passed it, but the town wouldn't hire her because she was a female. (Guess she is not in politically) And on one of the test she was the only female who passed the test and was on a list with over 1,000 men. And if you want to check the records in Trenton she was the youngest Fire Officail in the State of New Jersey when she got her certification. And to further set the record striaght she has her job because she deserves it, she worked for it and she didn't need anyone to go to bat for her to get the job. She was hired because of what she knows and not who she knows. She runs the Harrison Fire Prevention and without her that department would no longer exist. Before you post and show your ignorance check the facts, they are all listed in the Town Hall. The only thing that you constantly prove on this web site is there are people in this town that absolutley have no brains. The previous writer was so right. Nothing makes you happy, you complain if they live in town, you complain if they live out of town. Do the town a favor and put yourself out for bulk pick up and make Harrison a better town to live in.

I have to agree with You 1000%...You said it well The Tanski Family is a wonderful Family...They worked hard to get were they are. So You People stop bitching about a hard working family.I THINK YOU ARE JEALOUS,YOU SHOULD BE SO WELL LIKED>NEVER HAPPEN YOUR ARE OBVIOUSLY A CRONIC COMPLAINER EXCUSE ME, LOSER IS THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR>BYE

Guest OH PLEASE

Give me a break - they ony thing they are hard workign at is kissing ass - remember when Bill was milking the town collecting 2 paychecks for doing nothing!!! I guess that is how he can afford his daughter's party house down the shore.

Archived