Jobs

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Much of the anger on this board seems to be due to jobs. People in the real world, unlike Harrison, NJ have had to go to some level or form of higher education, submit an application, then go on many interviews to get a decent job. In Harrison, the so-called "IN" families for the most part have never worked a day in their life or went on an interview. They have been handed things, jobs, and money throughout their lives and all they had to do was ask for a job, paid board position, or other things such as building permits, ect.......They have been on the *** as it is said from day one. When one slight adversity comes there way, like a parking ticket or an election issue, they cannot handle the adversity and strike out with anger and crying, much like a baby. It is generation after generation of this nepotism and it seems to be accepted. This is seen in the Board of Education, Library Board, Re-developement Agency, jobs in the town hall, street positions, Health dept., Fire dept., daycare positions, PVSC and the schools. None of these jobs are low paying. Most are between $50,000.00 and $100,000.00 per year. In some cases, the certain Royal families, the privileged ones (everyone knows who they are) have three or four paid titles adding up in some cases to about 1/2 million a year in town money to one family. The Mayor, who should be above all this and held to a higher standard, and the Deputy Mayor, PVSC Board member, NID Coordinator, etc....and who's wife running the Tax Office Tom Powell have used the job exchange program blatantly in everyones face. You hire me in your town and I'll hire you at the place I am on the Board of Directors. Very convenient, but also very unfair. Where are all the minority workers in these town jobs, PVSC, police Dept., Fire Dept., Board of Health and other jobs. There may be one or two token minorities in the lower paying jobs for appearance purpose, but nothing significant. I am sure there are plenty of minority individuals with great qualifications but are never offerd a job or the job is never posted, it is filled in secret to ensure they do not get in. The Seniors Center is a prime example. The woman running it making six figures just GAVE the job to her daughter!! Are you kidding me. Is this legal? Harrison should stop this process immediately but cannot because so many "in" people would be taken off the ***. What a shame.

Guest Guest

Never mind minorities, how about the normal everyday Joe who lives in Harrison and would like to even try for a town job. There are no applications other than who you know. Jobs are never advertised for all. The chosen few know when to apply because they are "In With The Town." It's just too bad something cannot be done to make it fair for everyone. It is even worse now then when Frank was around.

Guest Guest

I like the title of " Stadium Events Co-ordinator " at six figures for me. Yep, thats the title. I will need a few assistants of course. Gotta get that list of who votes and hasn't been taken care of yet. And some people don't think the economy is good. Gotta get on the parkway to my second home down the sure. See ya Tuesday.

Archived