Boe Meeting 6/21/04

Guest washington school parent

Guest washington school parent

On 6/21/04 will be the next boe meeting at 7:30 to support Mr. Diaz and getting his job back as well as the other 2 teachers. Mr. Diaz has been accused of things he didn't do and has been extorted and all the ppl can do is sit back and allow this to happen to a man who has done nothing but put washington school back on track and kept the kids in line. I can tell you in the month he has been gone fights have broken out, kids have had black eyes and broken arms and the vice principal has done nothing about it. How safe is our school now Ms. Torres? The boe has their own problems trying to clean house with their own and you would have thought they would have tried their own damage control with the allagations that came out about them but instead they suspended Mr. Diaz with pay pending a phsyco evaluation? What's up with that. Mr. Diaz is more sane right now then the boe. I think it's ashame that this man name has been dragged through the mud just because the boe has a ax to grind with him. Mr. Diaz has always been there for the kids and the parents of washington school and now with him being suspended he can't even give the kids their diplomas. The boe does not care about the kids or the parents of any school they care about the power they hold and how they are going to use it. Who is next on the boe's hit list? They enlist Mr. Mooney to suspend Mr. Diaz so that when the time comes on Monday Mr. Mooney don't have to recommed him? That means that Mr. Mooney will take the heat for the boe's dirty dealings. Mr. Mooney doesn't realize that he in now going to become the bad guy in all of this. This board needs to be stopped and their power needs to be taken away from them and the boe needs to do some damage control. The boe won't even acknowlege what mr diaz did so wrong to fire him to begin with because they don't have to give a explanation for their actions. I think it's time that the boe becomes accountable for their actions and they need to answer to us parents. Please come out Monday night and show your support and tell the boe we are not going to take it anymore. Mr. Diaz truly is the people's principal!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sorry
On 6/21/04 will be the next boe meeting at 7:30 to support Mr. Diaz and getting his job back as well as the other 2 teachers. Mr. Diaz has been accused of things he didn't do and has been extorted and all the ppl can do is sit back and allow this to happen to a man who has done nothing but put washington school back on track and kept the kids in line. I can tell you in the month he has been gone fights have broken out, kids have had black eyes and broken arms and the vice principal has done nothing about it. How safe is our school now Ms. Torres? The boe has their own problems trying to clean house with their own and you would have thought they would have tried their own damage control with the allagations that came out about them but instead they suspended Mr. Diaz with pay pending a phsyco evaluation? What's up with that. Mr. Diaz is more sane right now then the boe. I think it's ashame that this man name has been dragged through the mud just because the boe has a ax to grind with him. Mr. Diaz has always been there for the kids and the parents of washington school and now with him being suspended he can't even give the kids their diplomas. The boe does not care about the kids or the parents of any school they care about the power they hold and how they are going to use it. Who is next on the boe's hit list? They enlist Mr. Mooney to suspend Mr. Diaz so that when the time comes on Monday Mr. Mooney don't have to recommed him? That means that Mr. Mooney will take the heat for the boe's dirty dealings. Mr. Mooney doesn't realize that he in now going to become the bad guy in all of this. This board needs to be stopped and their power needs to be taken away from them and the boe needs to do some damage control. The boe won't even acknowlege what mr diaz did so wrong to fire him to begin with because they don't have to give a explanation for their actions. I think it's time that the boe becomes accountable for their actions and they need to answer to us parents. Please come out Monday night and show your support and tell the boe we are not going to take it anymore. Mr. Diaz truly is the people's principal!

I know you feel bad for Mr. Diaz but as always this will come to an end without any action taken by the board. Mr. Diaz will not be reinstated and the accusations of extortion will go unresolved weather they are true or false. It is sad to think that this is all done for the sake of children. We deserve answers about this entire mess, but again we will never get any.

Guest curious

What has Diaz done that warrants him gaining tenure for the rest of his life ? If your answer is that he's "gotten Washington School back on track", that's why he receives a paycheck, that doesn't ensure him the salary of a principal for as long as he lives. There's a huge misconception about what entitles a person to tenure. Ask yourself (OBJECTIVELY) What has Diaz done to warrant tenure ? If you feel that he deserves it, your making this decision to be along racial and/or politically correct lines, or your tremendously misinformed (or buffaloed by him and those intimidated by him)

Truth be told, Diaz has done NOTHING TO WARRANT TENURE !!!!!!

The taxpayers scream for fiscal responsibility, yet the same people now scream that a Principal, whom has done nothing extroadinary (other than the job he was compensated to do) should recieve the salary of a principal for the rest of his career, regardless of the position he performs from this point on (Principal, Vice-Principal, Music Teacher, Gym Teacher, Math Teacher, Janitior etc...)

Get real, Diaz was/is a time bomb waiting to explode !!

Would you want him educating your child(ren) ?

I think not, I know I don't and I too live in this School District...

Guest Guest
You people did a nice job organizing against Ms. Torres by voting out her Councilman son. Oh no, wait a minute, no you didn't.

Don't claim to speak for all parents when that is obviously not true.

Dumba**

He's got you there. :lol:

Guest Guest
What has Diaz done that warrants him gaining tenure for the rest of his life ? If your answer is that he's "gotten Washington School back on track", that's why he receives a paycheck, that doesn't ensure him the salary of a principal for as long as he lives. There's a huge misconception about what entitles a person to tenure. Ask yourself (OBJECTIVELY) What has Diaz done to warrant tenure ? If you feel that he deserves it, your making this decision to be along racial and/or politically correct lines, or your tremendously misinformed (or buffaloed by him and those intimidated by him)

The taxpayers scream for fiscal responsibility, yet the same people now scream that a Principal, whom has done nothing extroadinary (other than the job he was compensated to do) should recieve the salary of a principal for the rest of his career, regardless of the position he performs from this point on (Principal, Vice-Principal, Music Teacher, Gym Teacher, Math Teacher, Janitior etc...)

He's running a school that few others want to, regardless of the compensation. Just ask the guy who was Vice pricipal for two weeks.

Tenure is part of compensation for doing the job well.

Guest Parent

Everyone is missing the point. The point is not whether Mr. Diaz was qualified and doing a good job. Assume he was not qualified and not doing a good job. A BOE member (or more) told him that they would grant him tenure if he paid them off. That is what Mr. Diaz said happened and that he advised Mayor Santos and nothing was done about it. When he did not pay, he lost his position. What investigation was done by Mary Torres, the president of the BOE, when Mayor Santos told her about what Diaz said? That is the question that Mary Torres must answer.

Everyone is missing the point. The point is not whether Mr. Diaz was qualified and doing a good job. Assume he was not qualified and not doing a good job. A BOE member (or more) told him that they would grant him tenure if he paid them off. That is what Mr. Diaz said happened and that he advised Mayor Santos and nothing was done about it. When he did not pay, he lost his position. What investigation was done by Mary Torres, the president of the BOE, when Mayor Santos told her about what Diaz said? That is the question that Mary Torres must answer.

Are you positive that the BOE member asked for a payoff? Or as some have said, did Diaz just offer it?

Are you positive that the purpose of the "meeting" (it was more of a confrontation) with Santos was about the alleged payoff request? Or was it Diaz' desparate plea to a fellow Portuguese with some power?

Guest Parent

Lets see . The summer is here and by September this matter will be forgotten. There won't be any investigation and the board will remain intact. For some reason no one wants to touch this issue with a stick. So Don't be upset when nothing happens.

Guest Guest 99

Seems you've made quite a few assumptions yourself.

Assume a bribe was requested.

Assume Diaz told the Mayor about a bribe request.

Assume the Mayor did nothing.

Assume the Mayor told Mary Torres about a bribe request.

All of this based on the assumption that Diaz is telling the truth.

Guest view finder
Everyone is missing the point.  The point is not whether Mr. Diaz was qualified and doing a good job.  Assume he was not qualified and not doing a good job.  A BOE member (or more) told him that they would grant him tenure if he paid them off.  That is what Mr. Diaz said happened and that he advised Mayor Santos and nothing was done about it.  When he did not pay, he lost his position.  What investigation was done by Mary Torres, the president of the BOE, when Mayor Santos told her about what Diaz said?  That is the question that Mary Torres must answer.

These asumptions are based on the accusations made. So lets investigate the accusations and put an end to the assumptions. WE THE PEOPLE DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

Guest Guest
Everyone is missing the point.  The point is not whether Mr. Diaz was qualified and doing a good job.  Assume he was not qualified and not doing a good job.  A BOE member (or more) told him that they would grant him tenure if he paid them off.  That is what Mr. Diaz said happened and that he advised Mayor Santos and nothing was done about it.  When he did not pay, he lost his position.  What investigation was done by Mary Torres, the president of the BOE, when Mayor Santos told her about what Diaz said?  That is the question that Mary Torres must answer.

These asumptions are based on the accusations made. So lets investigate the accusations and put an end to the assumptions. WE THE PEOPLE DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

6/21, BOE meeting to remeber.

Guest Guest

Someone's got there Bertos confused again.

Diaz is Cuban-American.

Santos is Portuguese-American.

Different countries, cultures, continents. I can see how one could be confused. ;)

Guest Guest

Dear Dumba,

Yes, there are many misconceptions about tenure.

You sound as if you do not understand the concept of tenure in education. It is granted after an employee works a certain amount of time (mostly three years but there are exceptions).

The tenure law is a state law.

If an employee does something that indicates he should not have tenure, tenure can be denied. Unlike what you are saying, the employee does not have to show that he did anything outstanding to GAIN tenure. It is just a matter of time in 99% of the cases.

An employee can also lose tenure for certain behaviors. This usually doesn't happen. The parties usually just go quietly when they have done something wrong, or the BOE buys them out often because it is easier (like Michael Jackson).

We had a case like this in Kearny about five years back. Parents did not want their kids testifying, going through court, to relive the teacher's inappropriate behavior. The parents went away, the teacher got a good lawyer, the BOE bought the teacher out, and that was the end. The teacher got the retirement buyout and is now colllecting a pension.

I think you have to ponder this also - Mr. Diaz does not want to go quietly. He has always wanted this issue over his tenure to be opened up publicly. He may be a loud mouth, but he is not afraid of going up in front of the public and having his situation brought out. That speaks volumes about who is covering up, and it is not Diaz.

I would like to know if you have any information about Washington School that would support your idea that Diaz IN PARTICULAR should not have tenure. I mean information that has to do with job performance.

Just curious, why is your named DUMBA?

Guest CURIOUS

You are absolutely incorrect, Tenure is an arbitrary "AWARD" given if an indivual meets certain qualifications (in this case Time served in said Position). There ARE NO MANDATES THAT A PERSON MUST BE "LET GO FOR CAUSE". The Board of Education (in this case) unilaterally makes the decision whether or not to allow a person to gain tenure.

You attempts to appear knowledgable, are completely overshadowed by your (Obivious) support for Diaz. Thus you can not (Objectively) support you opinion.

As for the DUMBA question, obiviously you are not that intelligent either, DUMBA, as you have written, is a response (from a different person, to a different reply) and it was DUMB ASS, not DUMBA.

How, may I ask, are you going to (Objectively) offer/proffer an opinion, if you are not even intelligent enough to follow entries made by a person, whereas you have chosen to insert comments, as were made by a different person, relative to another comment.

As I had stated in my earlier comment, had Diaz "Done anything outstanding" I would have no problem with him receiving Tenure.

Again, in closing, YOU ARE WRONG, TENURE IS NOT JUST GIVEN UPON COMPLETION OF THE "WORKING TEST PERIOD", that, I am sure may have been the policy in the past, but is not the way the law is written, that is why there is a Vote to determine if in fact the person (in this case Bert Diaz) "HAS EARNED TENURE" that I, (AS WELL AS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION) feel that he does not warrant.

You can B-I-T-C-H- and complain all you want receiving.

TENURE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT, IT'S SOMETHING MUST BE EARNED !!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Calm down, sweetie.

It isn't necessary for you to SCREAM at me, especially because you are WRONG about what tenure is. I AM right about the law. YOU are wrong. Please call Mr. Lindenfelser, the BOE attorney, or Mrs. Torres or Mr. Stevenson if you don't believe me, or look up the info online. I am sure one of them could explain the tenure laws to you.

Tenure can vary from state to state but in NJ the requirement is three years and one day ( and can be less as in the Diaz situation). And believe it or not (but please check it out) Mr. Diaz needed only two years and a day for principal tenure. That's it -- there are no other requirement to be granted tenure in NJ.

You are also confused about what the BOE is voting about in the Diaz case. The vote is not whether Mr. Diaz has "earned tenure." The vote is whether or not to give him a contract for next year. It effects his tenure because if he works one day next year, HE RECEIVES TENURE AS A PRINCIPAL.

Maybe in your anger you are confusing what happens if a tenured employee does something wrong and should possibly be dismissed. There ARE requirements for being dismissed if you HAVE tenure. You can have tenure and be dismissed for inefficiency, incapacity, or conduct unbecoming such a teaching staff member, or other just cause.

Read up on tenure in NJ State Statutes. Section 18 has the information you need so YOU know what you are talking about.

Anyone looking at your response to me would wonder why you are so nasty with your insults about my intelligence. And all those !!!!!!!!!! - what is the matter with you? And what is with all those BOLD and BIG letters? This is the good old U.S. of A. We ARE allowed to express ourselves and state different opinions. That is one reason people talk on this forum. It gives people the opportunity a chance to express and discuss. You seem very out of control just because I am correcting you about the law. Please reread your message to me, as well as the one responded to. You have made quite a few capitalization and grammar errors, but it would be very foolish of me to attack you about your mistakes. I understand your message, which is the point of communication. It seems as if the hatred for Diaz has made you a bit irrational.

Please accept my apology for any minor mistakes I made in asking the dumba question. An intelligent person such as yourself should know that a mistake like that is NOT an indicator of intelligence. While you are checking out the state statutes, also check out Bloom's Taxonomy. You can learn something about higher and lower thinking skills, and then you will probably realize that my error on using the website is really minor and not an indicator of intelligence.

You need to relax. Don't sweat the small stuff. It makes you look silly and very out of control.

Guest Soccer Mom

Don't waste your time going to any more meetings if you are expecting results favorable to Diaz.

From teacher friends I hear Diaz did a GREAT job compared to principals before him, but the board is not going to vote for him to be rehired anyway.

The Diaz situation is going to cost the taxpayers plenty. Does the BOE care? I doubt it. They do not use their own money. Its a game to them.

The games have happened before with many of the Kearny teachers who are currently employed. When Mr. Stevenson was BOE prez, there were teachers who had lawsuits over tenure. They ALL won their cases. The cases never went to court, but were settled through the attorneys and ALL the teachers involved got their jobs and $$$$$.

Recently, I heard Dave was playing "investigator" when he questioned teachers at Washington School. But he never questioned the teacher, secretary, or counselor who were present in the matter he was investigating. How do I know this? They stood up at the last meeting and said so, and he did not give any response, so obviously they were telling the truth.

So to all you people on either side of the Diaz case, you are dealing with a BOE that has people who have played around with you and your money before. They are doing it again. The "wanna be big shots" play with peoples' lives, and we the taxpayers are paying for it.

I didn't believe the Diaz before, but now I do. There is a conspiracy against Diaz and people are being dragged into it. After hearing about the police report regarding Diaz and the animal remains by the school, and the comments on the website here and going to one BOE meeting, I truly believe that a lot of people are being "used" and influeneced (maybe they do not even realize it) to support the personal problems and vendettas of ONE BOE member.

The fallout is going to be costly to our town. Besides the BOE officers and members, there will be a cast of players dragged in like administrators from the Board office, current principals, former employees, law enforcement personnel , etc. This thing is getting bigger and bigger. A lot of information is going to come out, and if you know what I am talking about, it isn't pretty.

Diaz may never work in this town again, but I have a feeling he will be collecting a lot of $$$$$$ in a settlement.

I hear all Diaz wants is to be principal of Washington and for a BOE member to resign. That is a cheap price to pay since the guy seemed to be a good principal and this whole thing is about other issues anyway that have NADA to do with education.

If there are any BOE people reading this, you should really give him the job back. The other two should have the option of returning too. You KNOW they are just thrown in to get at Diaz.

I am not going to the meeting tomorrrow, but I hope Diaz prevails. I went to Washington School as a kid, and I still live in Kearny. I think the school is better than when I went from what I see in the school newsletter and hear from the teachers.

Kearny taxpayers are on the losing end lately - no more hospital, no more train, no Metrostadium coming here, is there? The town is even charging a ridiculous amount for children to join the recreation program in the playgrounds - I can see charging a little but check out the "applications" sent home from school. Now you can't even get your kid in the playground program with out paying and I have 3 kids. I refuse to pay over $100 a week when I pay $9000 in taxes that are wasted by politicians and BOE members. Now this ruckus with the school system is going to erupt and cost more money, reputations, and energy.

Harrison and East Newark are thriving, and Kearny is going in the opposite direction. Good people in Kearny eventually throw in the towel and head to greener pastures. Why stay here and deal with the politics - politics are everywhere - but at least there are some benefits of living in other towns.

But I wish you luck at your meeting. Just don't get your hopes up.

Guest another guest
You are absolutely incorrect, Tenure is an arbitrary "AWARD" given if an indivual meets certain qualifications (in this case Time served in said Position). There ARE NO MANDATES THAT A PERSON MUST BE "LET GO FOR CAUSE". The Board of Education (in this case) unilaterally makes the decision whether or not to allow a person to gain tenure.

You attempts to appear knowledgable, are completely overshadowed by your (Obivious) support for Diaz. Thus you can not (Objectively) support you opinion.

As for the DUMBA question, obiviously you are not that intelligent either, DUMBA, as you have written, is a response (from a different person, to a different reply) and it was DUMB    ASS, not DUMBA.

How, may I ask, are you going to (Objectively) offer/proffer an opinion, if you are not even intelligent enough to follow entries made by a person, whereas you have chosen to insert comments, as were made by a different person, relative to another comment.

As I had stated in my earlier comment, had Diaz "Done anything outstanding" I would have no problem with him receiving Tenure.

Again, in closing, YOU ARE WRONG, TENURE IS NOT JUST GIVEN UPON COMPLETION OF THE "WORKING TEST PERIOD", that, I am sure may have been the policy in the past, but is not the way the law is written, that is why there is a Vote to determine if in fact the person (in this case Bert Diaz) "HAS EARNED TENURE" that I,  (AS WELL AS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION) feel that he does not warrant.

You can B-I-T-C-H-  and complain all you want receiving.

i didn't write the post you're replying to, but i have to answer yours. if what you say is true, what "outstanding" thing did every other administrator do to gain their own tenure? and who measures this "outstanding" feat? the superintendent? the board of ed? it seems to me it must be the superintendent, subject to boe approval. right?

again if your arguement is true, the superintendent must have been satisfied that Diaz did his "outstanding" feat and therefore, recommended him for tenure. again - this is only if what you say is true.

and again, if what you say is true - it seems the boe is holding Diaz to a higher standard than every other administrator. why? because he is a loudmouth? a hispanic? or just maybe, a whistleblower. again, this is only if what you say is true.

too bad, everything you say is not true. it's a poor attempt by a boe member, or boe wannabe, or someone else "on the take", at damage control. you are correct that tenure is in fact, earned. but in this case, the person who determines whether or not it has been earned, says "YES, BERT DIAZ EARNED TENURE." you may not like this fact (i know i don't), but it is still a fact.

care to respond? i'm "curious."

Guest Guest

As for the DUMBA question, obiviously you are not that intelligent either, DUMBA, as you have written, is a response (from a different person, to a different reply) and it was DUMB     ASS, not DUMBA.

Again, in closing, YOU ARE WRONG, TENURE IS NOT JUST GIVEN UPON COMPLETION OF THE "WORKING TEST PERIOD", that, I am sure may have been the policy in the past, but is not the way the law is written, that is why there is a Vote to determine if in fact the person (in this case Bert Diaz) "HAS EARNED TENURE" that I,  (AS WELL AS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION) feel that he does not warrant.

You can B-I-T-C-H-  and complain all you want receiving.

i didn't write the post you're replying to, but i have to answer yours. if what you say is true, what "outstanding" thing did every other administrator do to gain their own tenure? and who measures this "outstanding" feat? the superintendent? the board of ed? it seems to me it must be the superintendent, subject to boe approval. right?

again if your arguement is true, the superintendent must have been satisfied that Diaz did his "outstanding" feat and therefore, recommended him for tenure. again - this is only if what you say is true.

and again, if what you say is true - it seems the boe is holding Diaz to a higher standard than every other administrator. why? because he is a loudmouth? a hispanic? or just maybe, a whistleblower. again, this is only if what you say is true.

too bad, everything you say is not true. it's a poor attempt by a boe member, or boe wannabe, or someone else "on the take", at damage control. you are correct that tenure is in fact, earned. but in this case, the person who determines whether or not it has been earned, says "YES, BERT DIAZ EARNED TENURE." you may not like this fact (i know i don't), but it is still a fact.

care to respond? i'm "curious."

You are WRONG about tenure. It is granted after a probabtionary period that varies by state. New Jersey law has the period being three years and one day for most school teachers. No body earns it or deserves it. The law says it. New Jersey was the first state to have a teacher tenure law.

Before you get all high and mighty, why don't you check your facts. You are the one who doesn't seem too intelligent.

Guest Guest

Are you positive that the BOE member asked for a payoff? Or as some have said, did Diaz just offer it?

Are you positive that the purpose of the "meeting" (it was more of a confrontation) with Santos was about the alleged payoff request? Or was it Diaz' desparate plea to a fellow Portuguese with some power?

Portugal is in Europe. Cuba is an island 90 miles from the Florida coast.

Santos is Portugese. Diaz is Cuban.

Santos wouldn't help Diaz, but it has nothing to do with geography.

Santos is hugely responsible for what's going on right now. I think the Mayor is a big baby. The conversation or confrontation was probably LOUD and acccusatory and it frightened the Mayor into calling his associate who called the Board office.

Here's Diaz who loses his job, the wife loses hers, they're getting harassed all over the place, the kids hear it in school, and Diaz goes to talk to the Mayor to get help in desperate times. But the Mayor DID NOT like what Diaz told him.

Why would Diaz think the Mayor might help him?

BECAUSE THE MAYOR DIDN'T HESITATE TO GET NORBERTO DIAZ TO WALK AROUND THE FIRST WARD AT ELECTION TIME FOR SANTOS AND ARCE BOTH. WALKING AROUND THE FIRST WARD WITH PRINCIPAL DIAZ WAS A GOOD THING, THEN, WASN'T IT?

WHY WAS IT A GOOD THING? BECAUSE THE PARENTS FOR THE MOST PART LOVE DIAZ! The Mayor knew Diaz could get him some votes from the parents and Hispanics in the Washington School vicinity.

So, you see, its not about nationality. It is about our scaredy cat mayor who went a-runnin' to his assistant who went a-runnin' to the chief school administrators.

They can't separate the Mayor's biz from Board of Ed biz .

Guest Guest 99

If what you are assuming happened is true, then it appears to be Diaz who was mixing BOE business with Town business. The only one to blame for anything is Diaz.

As the plot thickens there seems to be more and more twists and turns. Bottom line though, Diaz bosses don't want him to have tenure ( King for Life of Washinton School), so he won't get it.

Guest Guest

Portugal is in Europe. Cuba is an island 90 miles from the Florida coast.

Santos is Portugese. Diaz is Cuban.

Santos wouldn't help Diaz, but it has nothing to do with geography.

Santos is hugely responsible for what's going on right now. I think the Mayor is a big baby. The conversation or confrontation was probably LOUD and acccusatory and it frightened the Mayor into calling his associate who called the Board office.

Here's Diaz who loses his job, the wife loses hers, they're getting harassed all over the place, the kids hear it in school, and Diaz goes to talk to the Mayor to get help in desperate times. But the Mayor DID NOT like what Diaz told him.

Why would Diaz think the Mayor might help him?

BECAUSE THE MAYOR DIDN'T HESITATE TO GET NORBERTO DIAZ TO WALK AROUND THE FIRST WARD AT ELECTION TIME FOR SANTOS AND ARCE BOTH. WALKING AROUND THE FIRST WARD WITH PRINCIPAL DIAZ WAS A GOOD THING, THEN, WASN'T IT?

WHY WAS IT A GOOD THING? BECAUSE THE PARENTS FOR THE MOST PART LOVE DIAZ! The Mayor knew Diaz could get him some votes from the parents and Hispanics in the Washington School vicinity.

So, you see, its not about nationality. It is about our scaredy cat mayor who went a-runnin' to his assistant who went a-runnin' to the chief school administrators.

They can't separate the Mayor's biz from Board of Ed biz .

This post is SO TRUE! But there's one other twist. It is Santos who controls the Board of Ed - and with it he controls the patronage. Santos needs to take care of a certain Councilwoman's son-in-law and make him a Vice-Principal. Good-bye Principal Diaz, Hello Principal Costello (as in Mary Costello). Now we have an opening for a new Vice-Principal. Hello Vice-Principal Zimmerman.

You watch. This is exactly what will happen. Santos will make it so. He's the King.

Guest Enough all ready

Leave the mayor out of this! He has no control over the BOE it's an autonomous body. They alone are responsible for what is going on. They should do the right thing and give up the extortionest who ever it might be and continue doing the Boards business. These are the type of things that make people sick of elected officials. THEN! they wonder why people don't vote or get invovled. It's b/s like this. Give Diaz his job back and leave the Mayor alone. Good night America!!!

Archived