Community Policing

Guest Bruce

Guest Bruce

What ever happened to the Community Policing Unit in Harrison. They used to have Officers on bicycles or walking beats. Now, all I see is Officers riding in patrol cars with their windows up.

I tried to go to the substation in West Hudson Park and it was unmannned. What happened to the Officer who worked there on the night shift. What happens if someone needs help? There is no cop around.

What happened to the Cops walking a beat in the housing projects? The kids there are out of control.

Are all the cops good for is giving tickets and harassing the residents? I think the Mayor and Police Commissioner need to give us answers. Instead of a friendly, helping police department, we have officers that don't care. :(:blink:

Guest open your eyes!

in case you head is still up your butt, let me remind you, there is a n officer patrolling the harrison gardens nightly and an officer on foot daily.

perhaps as you roll by inside your unit to grab a dinner break you miss it! the jelly strains and coffee spills prevent you from realizing this is an ongoing beat,the department has had. we provide quality serve and we use all our units on the field. do you? nope, just ask kearny or jersey city. so..........sounds to me like someone needs to wake up from that long coma sleep you people take daily!

we even allow you to borrow our dispatchers! :blink::blink:

Guest kowzall

all the cops have to stand on dumb corners for hrs at a time to cross people that work in NYC!!! What a waste..just imagine.....5 cops on patrol,yes that's all we have 2 are on posts crossing people just say we have Domestic call that's 2 less now we have only 1 cop to patrol the whole town!!!??? Get realllllllllll...Boy I fell safe...well you don't even have that 1 cop anymore he has to walk around Rossevelt park so the wanna be cop does not get beat up or His yoyo taken from him :blink:

Guest Guest

Bruce: this is what happened to Community Policing. The Federal Gov. stopped sending money to Harrison to hire cops. The concept was that Officers would walk a beat and engage in problem solving with residents of the community. Instead of just taking a report when a crime occurred, the Officer would devise a plan to solve the crime or problem. It worked well and residents were happy to see their neighborhood cop pounding the beat.

Harrison is broke. They can't afford to hire cops to walk a beat. So, they hire cops on overtime to ride in patrol cars with little interaction with the public. Most of the cops( over 80%) live out of town and some have never been residents of Harrison. They could care less about the residents. They only care about getting a raise and being promoted.

So, Bruce unless the Federal Gov. decides to reinstate the COPS grants, you will not see any cops walking a beat, unless its on overtime.

Guest Amazing GRACE
What ever happened to the Community Policing Unit in Harrison. They used to have Officers on bicycles or walking beats. Now, all I see is Officers riding in patrol cars with their windows up.

I tried to go to the substation in West Hudson Park and it was unmannned. What happened to the Officer who worked there on the night shift. What happens if someone needs help? There is no cop around.

What happened to the Cops walking a beat in the housing projects? The kids there are out of control.

Are all the cops good for is giving tickets and harassing the residents? I think the Mayor and Police Commissioner need to give us answers. Instead of a friendly, helping police department, we have officers that don't care. :angry:  :ph34r:

Well, Bruce...........it's like this. This town has way too many paid firemen, not enough police officers and all hell is breaking loose. We actually do have some really GREAT officers. They are caring, kind and the majority of them will go out of their way to help you. Here's the problem........these officers at some point have to go home and sleep. See their families. Have somewhat of a life. I don't know about you........but I see the same officers out there day in and day out. They get no support from our Mayor, he should be ashamed of himself. How dare we pay a part-time plumber for the town more money then a police officer? That's disgusting. I say cut the fire department down to 15 men..... (most of the people on the dept have other jobs anyway, some even have full time jobs with the town).....and the rest VOLUNTEER. Chances are you're going to need the police before needing a fireman the way things are going in town. I've yet to see a fireman dragging someone out of a town meeting.

By the way, Bruce..........Mr. Mayor said he would give you a piece of his mind, but he has none to spare at the moment...........so you'll just have to wait like the rest of us for some answers.

Guest Guest

The cops really don't care about the people and I don't blame them. They are treated like **** by the politicians and residents and are very underpaid. The less work they do the better. Everyone seems to think the Fire Department is so great and the cops s**k. Well, the HPD should do less and less because thats what seems to get the respect. This is appparent by the high regard that the inept and crappy Fire Dept. in town gets. Glad I don't live in town. Those nice fireman are taking your vacation money away in taxes this year coming up. Thank them when you get your tax bills suckers, if you can find them. Some people just never learn.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

:lol:Don't You Know Where The New Substation Is Located??? :D

600 William Street!!!

:lol: That's Where You'll Always Find A Cop!!! Day or Night!!! :lol:

Guest Guest

#1 The substation in West hudson Park is closed.

#2 Doran is the Police Committee Chairman, not the Police Commissioner. He has no real power over the police except the ones that still are at his house at night thinking they are somehow gonna get more money for like field training officer, police photographer, and other things which ain't gonna happen.

#3 Stop abusing the cops when 50% of your tax bill goes into the pockets of the firemen who have at best 5 living in town and don't spend a dime in Harrison. Thats why the fire engines (like they need them to go shopping with todays gas prices) is often seen parked in front the supermarket in Kearny after their daily joyride before dinner.

#4 Harrison would lay-off every cop before before they got to even one firemen because it comes down to one thing in life, the dollars. That bloated cash eating machine on Seventh St is making a lot more people rich than just the fireman.

Guest Guest

:lol:Don't You Know Where The New Substation Is Located??? :D

600 William Street!!!

:lol: That's Where You'll Always Find A Cop!!! Day or Night!!! :lol:

Don't you know where the "Close all Tags" link is?

Archived