Rec Dept

Guest MADMOM

Guest MADMOM

Some one please explain to me where the money goes that JB at the Rec dept is supposed to use for the kids? My child is on one of the rec teams, and we have to raise thousand of dollars for uniforms and tournements etc. We, as parents, bust our butts to get this money for our team, then you have other teams that are getting things handed to them left and right...and why isn't a rec team allowed to practice at the community center. please some one enlighten me on this matter.

and a friend on mine took her son to sign up for t-ball and was told he could not play because there were not any shirts left!!!! Whst the hell is that about? Is another $6 for a shirt really going to make or break the rec budget?

I would really like to know what JB and staff does all day to be getting a 6 figure salary!

Guest GRACEland
Some one please explain to me where the money goes that JB at the Rec dept is supposed to use for the kids?  My child is on one of the rec teams, and we have to raise thousand of dollars for uniforms and tournements etc. We, as parents, bust our butts to get this money for our team, then you have other teams that are getting things handed to them left and right...and why isn't a rec team allowed to practice at the community center.  please some one enlighten me on this matter.

and a friend on mine took her son to sign up for t-ball and was told he could not play because there were not any shirts left!!!!  Whst the hell is that about? Is another $6 for a shirt really going to make or break the rec budget?

I would really like to know what JB and staff does all day to be getting a 6 figure salary!

Mr. Mayor,

I think that this is as good a topic as any for today. I believe that many people are interested in finding out exactly what it is that Joe B. does. Let's see.......hmmmm.........he certainly isn't helpful, he's rude (especially to the women of this community), as far as I can tell he isn't very intelligent, he could care less about the kids, he doesn't have any programs put together for the kids, he has nothing for the DISABLED children of this community. You do know that there are physically challenged children that live in this community don't you? So, my riddle for you today is: What exactly qualifies Joe B. to NOT only be the Recreation Coordinater but to also sit on the Board of Education.........do YOU know?...........Psssssst: even I'm stumped on this one.

Guest Guest
:P to mad mom; the town of harrison has many programs for disabled children my daughter is disabled any there many things for them try getting involved joe b is the greatest maybe the problem is with you

Guest Agree

This man is getting a six figure salary for what - kissing ass that's what. If you visit the recreation deparmtents of our surrounding towns (outside of Kearny & East Newark) you will find that the recreation department in our town is pathetic. Sad to say the elected officials of our town have appointed yet another no gooder. I agree Joe is a nice guy but he is only out for himself and the money they are paying him. Once again, this only proves it pays to know who you know and it pays to kiss some mayor ass.

Jealousy - think not - disgusted is more like it.

to mad mom; the town of harrison has many programs for disabled children my daughter is disabled any there many things for them try getting involved joe b is the greatest maybe the problem is with you
If this is true, why don't you tell me some of these programs? You sound like you don't want to bite off the hands that feed you.

Guest guest_Guest

[F :P ONT=Arial] to the mother with the disabled child why? did you not attend the special education program last week in lincoln school for all disabled students in harrison? You could have found out about alot of the programs.my daughter has been in program every year since the 4th grade and and the town of harrison also has the camp for disabled child. this town has helped my daughter

and i am not afraid of the hand that feeds me because the town does not feed me try contacting the school.

Guest MADMOM
:P to mad mom; the town of harrison has many programs for disabled children my daughter is disabled any there many things for them try getting involved joe b is the greatest maybe the problem is with you

I did not say anything about handicapped programs. so dont go attacking me...I mearly asked why this man who's previous employment was driving a forklift now making all this money in the TOWN rec dept. He is rude and not helpful in anyway. It was rumored that a couple of years ago he *** ***** *** **** *** *** **** ** ***** ** *********. THIS is the man we put in charge of our children? He ****** ***** **** **** *** ******* *** ******** *** **** ********* etc. Maybe that explains why the only rec activity/sport just for girls is cheerleading. Why isn't there a Girls Softball team or girls Basketball team? And why does one of the rec employees get paid to be at work at the rec, during which time he is having basketball practice with his team and getting paid for that also?

Guest Guest
[F :ph34r: ONT=Arial] to the mother with the disabled child why? did you not attend the special education program last week in lincoln school for all disabled students in harrison? You could have found out about alot of the programs.my daughter has been in program every year since the 4th grade and and the town of harrison also has the camp for disabled child. this town has helped my daughter

and i am not afraid of the hand that feeds me because the town does not feed me try contacting the school.

just to clarify harrison does not have a camp for disabled children there happens to be a camp that disabled Harrison residents attend as well as a great number of volunteers from the town. They use the community center for meetings but it is not sponsered by the town

Guest Guest
[F :ph34r: ONT=Arial] to the mother with the disabled child why? did you not attend the special education program last week in lincoln school for all disabled  students in harrison? You could have found out about alot of the programs.my daughter has been in program every year since the 4th grade and and the town of harrison also has the camp  for disabled child. this town has helped my daughter

and i am not afraid of  the hand that feeds me because the town does not feed me try contacting the school.

just to clarify harrison does not have a camp for disabled children there happens to be a camp that disabled Harrison residents attend as well as a great number of volunteers from the town. They use the community center for meetings but it is not sponsered by the town

You are right. the town does not sponsor any camp. but if you live in town

with a handicapped child, you have Camp Hope [the Elks] and you have

Camp Fatimia [ a one on one camp which is great] There is also[which should

be comming out soon Speria or something like that. which is a social group

for the handicapped that have trips and what not. It is a good deal, I have my

handicapped child attend.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
:lol::):D:o to madmom you need to get all your facts straight before you put your foot in your mouth you need to ask questions instead of crying all the time :P

Guest GUEST_Guest
:lol::):D:o to madmom you need to get all your facts straight before you put your foot in your mouth you need to ask questions instead of crying all the time :P

TO MAD MOM GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest GUEST_Guest
:(:(:(:( to madmom you need to get all your facts straight before you put your foot in your mouth you need to ask questions instead of crying all the time :(

TOMAD MOM: CRYING ALL THE TIME OH NO I HAVE MY FACTS STRAIGHT WHATEVER.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
:(:(:( to madmom one statement you made regarding only cheering for girls all rec sports i sign my children up for are all co-ed which means girls and boys so you do not have all your facts crybaby

Guest madmom
  Maybe that explains why the only rec activity/sport just for girls is cheerleading. Why isn't there a Girls Softball team or girls Basketball team? 

Dear Troublemaking Harrisonian! If you would get your head out of your behind and read my post again it CLEARLY states there aren't any other sports for JUST GIRLS besides cheerleading...there is co-ed little league but why not an all girl softball team, or an all girl basketball team..why does everything have to be co-ed? so the rec dept can save money...give me a break! so in answer to your post. I do have my facts straight, and i am not crying over it. but it seems you are...have a nice day.

Guest GUEST_Guest

TO MAD MOM MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT WE ARE NOT TROUBLE MAKER FROM HARRISON AS YOU STATED. THERE IS A SOFT BALL TEAM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER .MAYBE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT HERE YOU CAN ALWAYS MOVE MR BUBENAS DOES A GREAT JOB IN THE COMMUNITY CENTER AND SO THERE STAFF WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BABY SIT YOUR KIDS TO HARRISON HAS MANY PROGRAMS TRYING GOING INTO OTHER TOWNS EVERYTHING IS NOT FREE. GET A LIFE AND LEAVE THE COMMUNITY CENTER ALONE IF YOU DON!t like harrison the next train is leaving with you on board .KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MR BUBENAS AND STAFF.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Guest Patience

Please just be patient. Recreation softball is long overdue in this town, but it can't happen overnight. It will be available to the young girls in this town within the next few weeks, possibly sooner. Please encourage everyone to get the girls involved...numbers would greatly increase the success of the program, but I will work with any number that shows - be it 10 or 100!

Guest Guest

TO MADMOM ONCE AGAIN YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BECAUSE IF YOU CHECK WITH THE REC DEPT THEY TRIED MANY TIMES TO START GIRLS SOFTBALL BUT NO ONE SIGNED UP FOR IT. ALSO THEY WAS A GIRLS SOCCER TEAM WHO JUST FINISHED THEIR SEASON SO SEE MADMOM YOU DONOT I REPEAT DONOT HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT SO YOU DO NEED TO STOP CRYING HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::):P:DB):DB)

Archived