Mayor

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Ray McDonough is going to be the Mayor for as long as he wants. His cocktail party must have had a thousand people there. The new school is going to get him more votes with the extra jobs to hand out. They will hire ten or twenty new fireman because the current clubhouse members couldn't put out a match without mutual aid. You are just so insanely jealous of the man that you cannot control your emotions. Just shut up and play ball or you will end up a bitter old man or woman.

Guest the prediction

Either Millan or Doran will run for Mayor and win. That is if one is not appointed because this Mayor will be indicted!!

Guest Grace

I would like to inform you that cocktail parties don't vote. If you think you can determine who the victor will be in an election because of how many people were in attendance at a party..........in Harrison no less.........where they received two drink tickets each and all you can eat..........you are deluding yourself. First off, there most certainly was NOT a thousand people there, secondly, even if there were.........what exactly does that mean? Nothing. It means absolutely nothing. The people that attended that party are the same people who will be putting out the signs come election time. Guess what.........signs don't vote either. People do.

Guest Mrz. Clark
How about voting for someone who actually knows what it's like to have a family?
BARA BING. GIVE THIS LADY A PRIZE!
Someone who actually has some first hand knowledge about what it is like to be bringing up children?

UHUH

Not to mention how much it costs! When was the last time you had to balance a budget for a family of 6, Mr. Mayor? Never mind a town. You want to re-develop the town? How about developing the mind of a child? You want to bring in a stadium?? How about bringing in a book and reading to a class? Our schools are overcrowded and understaffed........when was the last time you walked into one of our schools, Mr. Mayor?
I'm gonna have a cow. The only thing your forgetting is how he keeps raising taxes, yet doesn't even pay them, he rents!!!
We'd save you a seat but there are none......When was the last time you walked up to one of your constituents and shook their hands and asked them how they were doing? Oh, and mean it? How can you possibly worry about and take care of an entire town when all your life you've only had to look out for yourself. The end result is that you're still only looking out for yourself. Are most people aware that the Mayor, by now going to work at PVSC can retire soon because the time he served as a councilman will be combined with the few short years at PVSC and he'll retire with a full pension??
and retire next to all the other idiots down the shore, after they line their pockets with re-development money
I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.  It is my understanding  that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted. 

How about buying 50 tickets to that shindig you had last night, with the money you line your pockets with, and just hand them out to regular joe's on the street. Hard working people who could use a lovely night out with there spouses or respective others but can not otherwise afford $50.00, because they need that money to buy lunch meat for their kids for the week. Did you ever think of doing that Mr. Mayor? Honestly, I didn't see any of those types of people there. How about we stay out of your re-development process and you stay out of our educational process? We won't tell you who to appoint to your planning board and in return we get to ELECT our education board.
LET ME LOOK INTO THAT, I'LL GET BACK TO YOU
How's that for a trade? We'll let you keep approving of your friends building these ridiculous homes that no one can afford to own, never mind live in, and we get a TRUE Community Center for the kids in the community. Oh, and have it run by people who are truly concerned with and are aware of what the children of this town need. Psssst, Joe B. is not one of those people.
WELL?
Does anyone know how much Powell is getting paid at PVSC? I heard the mayor pays him $80,000.00 in the town of Harrison under a few titles. His wife $105,000.00 and his daughter $70,000.00. That is over $ 250,000.00 per year plus PVSC pay. How can one family rape the system of so much money? I thought nepotism was illegal?
I really don't want him taking care of his friends anymore then he already is!!!
We need a mayor and council who are concerned with the children of this town. Does anyone know why the esteemed mayor and council are NOT concerned with the welfare of the children??? The answer is so simple. Children can't vote. Oh, and because they don't have any children to worry about (with the exception of the lone councilwoman) so why worry about them?
So, although I have gone on a rant here, I still don't know who the perfect candidate would be, perhaps it will come to me, perhaps it won't and perhaps this little post will get people thinking and acting and changing. I firmly believe that it does take a village and I truly believe with all my heart that Harrison is still a really nice place to.............be.
start now, impeach the mayor. support a new candidate today. Call someone and have them run. Ask How you can help! TODAY!! it's going to take all the help one can give to beat this mayor and his evil ways!

Guest Guest

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE HARRISON GARDEN RESIDENT! YOU PEOPLE NEVER LEARN!

YOU PEOPLE SELL YOUR SOULS FOR ANYTHING, GEE.......ISN'T DEREK ORIGINALLY FROM THE GARDENS? HOW MANY OTHERS?

Guest Grace of my Heart

Dear Mrz Clark..........I do believe that I addressed the issue concerning Mr. Mayor's tax situation under the topic of "Who owns a house down the shore". Please check it out.

Guest for the GRACE of God
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE HARRISON GARDEN RESIDENT! YOU PEOPLE NEVER LEARN!

YOU PEOPLE SELL YOUR SOULS FOR ANYTHING, GEE.......ISN'T DEREK ORIGINALLY FROM THE GARDENS? HOW MANY OTHERS?

In response to this.....I don't really know what your talking about. If you are referring to me in terms of me selling MY soul, you are truly clueless. See, I have no need to sell my soul. I do not owe anyone anything. I am not now nor have I ever been a resident of the Harrison Gardens. Even if I were..............so what? You make that statement as if someone who does live there should be ashamed or disgusted by that. Are you a better person than someone who does live there? "Judge and you will be judged; Condemn and you will be condemned" And trust me you will be.........the only soul I would be concerned with right now is your own. I am proud to say that I know and have grown up with many people who live and have lived in the Gardens and I would take anyone of them over someone like you any day. Do you think people who live in the gardens don't know how to pull a lever and vote? Do you perhaps have an actual opinion concerning the post itself or are you just a vindictive little person who lives for cutting other people down to make yourself seem bigger and better? It is my sincerest hope that the person who made such an ignorant statement is NOT someone in this administration.

Guest raceyGRACEy
Is this a joke?!  cause I find the whole statement quite funny. :P

Really? I don't really find any humor in the fact that there are no summer programs available to our minor residents. Or do you consider the pool a program? I don't think it's so funny that people are sitting on the Board of Education and their children are going to private schools. That builders are knocking down our town and laughing all the way to the bank..........yet our grammar school kids need books donated to them from different districts because we can't afford any. Are we laughing yet? Perhaps the joke is in the fact that we're concerned with new, old fashioned looking street lamps and garbage cans at every corner while our children are going to waste. So, the answer to your question would have to be a resounding NO, this is not a joke..........this is far from being a joke. It's obvious you are one of the people I was referring to who has no children............because only someone like that would find any humor in that statement.

Guest Guest
That builders are knocking down our town and laughing all the way to the bank..........
WHAT GETS ME IS THAT, THESE DEVELOPERS, THE ONES LAUGHING ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BANK ARE STEALING THE PROPERTY FROM PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FIX UP THEIR PROPERTY, BUT CAN'T. JOIN THE Harrison Community Coalition.

Go to http://www.harrisoncommunity.org and read the documents and the summaries.

Guest disGRACE

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Mr. Mayor the above paragraph has been brought to you courtesy of your forefathers. In case you don't know what it is, it is commonly referred to as Amendment I, under the Bill of Rights of the Constitution of the United States of America. I along with many other people that I know would like to exercise our right to free speech, to assemble peaceably and redress our grievances. Can anyone think of any reasons why our 1st ammendment rights are being violated?

Guest Guest

I think that any school teacher who lives in the Harrison Gardens or any others making similar pay (cops, firemen, town employees) should be thrown out on their ***. How do you justify living their and holding your head up when you are taking away an apartment from a family or elderly person truly in need of a place to live. You should be ashamed of yourself and the Federal Guidelines should be upheld with certain income levels living in the Gardens. Isn't this against Federal Guidelines and laws. Only in Harrison. Pay to play, pay to stay.

Guest Guest
Is this a joke?!  cause I find the whole statement quite funny. :lol:

Really? I don't really find any humor in the fact that there are no summer programs available to our minor residents. Or do you consider the pool a program? I don't think it's so funny that people are sitting on the Board of Education and their children are going to private schools. That builders are knocking down our town and laughing all the way to the bank..........yet our grammar school kids need books donated to them from different districts because we can't afford any. Are we laughing yet? Perhaps the joke is in the fact that we're concerned with new, old fashioned looking street lamps and garbage cans at every corner while our children are going to waste. So, the answer to your question would have to be a resounding NO, this is not a joke..........this is far from being a joke. It's obvious you are one of the people I was referring to who has no children............because only someone like that would find any humor in that statement.

I was responding to the very beginning of the thread where it stated taht the Mayor was going to be Mayor for as long as he wants....I found that statement funny because I believe the people of Harrison are beginning to wake up and see what a disgrace this town council is, and how they don't care about anything but themselves. So I'm with you...

it's just that it takes a while for responses to go through the censors, and by the time my response came in, it showed up at the bottom after many people responded before me without me knowing.

Guest Guest

How dare you insult the town fathers and disrespect them! the Mayor and counsel members are some of the most innovative minds of the century. Harrison is nothing less than paradise to me. With the redevelopement and the new hotel (not the first one - the firehouse) Harrison will have as many tourists as New york City and all the business owners are going to be richer than they ever dreamed. God has truly smiled on this one mile of property on earth. Be thankfull.

Guest Guest
How about voting for someone who actually knows what it's like to have a family?
BARA BING. GIVE THIS LADY A PRIZE!
Someone who actually has some first hand knowledge about what it is like to be bringing up children?

UHUH

Not to mention how much it costs! When was the last time you had to balance a budget for a family of 6, Mr. Mayor? Never mind a town. You want to re-develop the town? How about developing the mind of a child? You want to bring in a stadium?? How about bringing in a book and reading to a class? Our schools are overcrowded and understaffed........when was the last time you walked into one of our schools, Mr. Mayor?
I'm gonna have a cow. The only thing your forgetting is how he keeps raising taxes, yet doesn't even pay them, he rents!!!
We'd save you a seat but there are none......When was the last time you walked up to one of your constituents and shook their hands and asked them how they were doing? Oh, and mean it? How can you possibly worry about and take care of an entire town when all your life you've only had to look out for yourself. The end result is that you're still only looking out for yourself. Are most people aware that the Mayor, by now going to work at PVSC can retire soon because the time he served as a councilman will be combined with the few short years at PVSC and he'll retire with a full pension??
and retire next to all the other idiots down the shore, after they line their pockets with re-development money
I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.  It is my understanding  that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted. 

How about buying 50 tickets to that shindig you had last night, with the money you line your pockets with, and just hand them out to regular joe's on the street. Hard working people who could use a lovely night out with there spouses or respective others but can not otherwise afford $50.00, because they need that money to buy lunch meat for their kids for the week. Did you ever think of doing that Mr. Mayor? Honestly, I didn't see any of those types of people there. How about we stay out of your re-development process and you stay out of our educational process? We won't tell you who to appoint to your planning board and in return we get to ELECT our education board.
LET ME LOOK INTO THAT, I'LL GET BACK TO YOU
How's that for a trade? We'll let you keep approving of your friends building these ridiculous homes that no one can afford to own, never mind live in, and we get a TRUE Community Center for the kids in the community. Oh, and have it run by people who are truly concerned with and are aware of what the children of this town need. Psssst, Joe B. is not one of those people.
WELL?
Does anyone know how much Powell is getting paid at PVSC? I heard the mayor pays him $80,000.00 in the town of Harrison under a few titles. His wife $105,000.00 and his daughter $70,000.00. That is over $ 250,000.00 per year plus PVSC pay. How can one family rape the system of so much money? I thought nepotism was illegal?
I really don't want him taking care of his friends anymore then he already is!!!
We need a mayor and council who are concerned with the children of this town. Does anyone know why the esteemed mayor and council are NOT concerned with the welfare of the children??? The answer is so simple. Children can't vote. Oh, and because they don't have any children to worry about (with the exception of the lone councilwoman) so why worry about them?
So, although I have gone on a rant here, I still don't know who the perfect candidate would be, perhaps it will come to me, perhaps it won't and perhaps this little post will get people thinking and acting and changing. I firmly believe that it does take a village and I truly believe with all my heart that Harrison is still a really nice place to.............be.
start now, impeach the mayor. support a new candidate today. Call someone and have them run. Ask How you can help! TODAY!! it's going to take all the help one can give to beat this mayor and his evil ways!

SO WHAT PEOPLE OWN A HOUSE DOWN THE SHORE//// IF YOU GOT OUT OF YOUR TRAILER AND WORKED AS HARD AS THEY DID MAYBE YOU CAN FIND A NICE TRAILER PARK IN KEANSBURG :lol::lol::lol::o:o

Guest Guest
[

SO WHAT PEOPLE OWN A HOUSE DOWN THE SHORE//// IF YOU GOT OUT OF YOUR TRAILER AND WORKED AS HARD AS THEY DID MAYBE YOU CAN FIND A NICE TRAILER PARK IN KEANSBURG :lol::lol::lol::o:o

I don't care who owns a house down the shore; I care that our Mayor would rather buy a house down the shore than one in the community he believes so much in. That kind of tells the whole story right there, doesn't it? He's so sure redevelopment is going to beneift the town's property owners that he's buying property down the shore instead of here. Time is up. Move on.

Archived