The First Ward

Guest ThirdWarder

Guest ThirdWarder

Hmmm...looks like Big Al's little friend, Jose, is going to take a beating in the 1st ward primary. No signs for Jose...no nothing...we should replace the Where's Waldo? with Where's Jose? He's been a no show for the 1st ward. Come out...come out...Jose...wherever you are!!! Ha...ha...ha...

But, seriously, the 1st ward used to have some strong representatives no matter what you thought of them...Ed Callaghan, Pete Cicchino, Rosa Alves, Tom Macfarland. Now they have nothing...twiddle dee and twiddle dumb.

Guest Johnston Ave Res.

It's about time the first ward is going to get some proper representation.

Your statement "the 1st ward used to have some strong representatives no matter what you thought of them...Ed Callaghan, Pete Cicchino, Rosa Alves, Tom Macfarland. Now they have nothing...twiddle dee and twiddle dumb." could not have been any more accurate. Our streets haven't seen a broom, forget about even mentioning asphalt in years just to point out one thing that has proves we are the forgotten ward. I hope Morejon, the new guy puts a major beating on Torres, I know he has my entire families vote and it seems as though he has most of the first ward also. Every time I turn my head I see his signs. I Hope its a sign that things are going to change, for the Better, in the first ward.

Good Luck to the new comer in the first ward!

Guest former first warder

Keep this in mind, "signs do not vote" so if your going on that alone don't count Torres out. It takes work walking from door to door and listening to the hard working people of the first ward. So if you really want change make sure that all your friends and neighbors get out on election day and vote. He can't win by himself. He needs your help.

Guest Chestnut St. wants MORE represen

"Students from Washington School marched from the school through town to the Board of Education meeting this evening. The students were protesting the dismissal of principal Diaz. "

I wonder if Mary Torres not giving tenure to Diaz will play a part in the upcoming primary? Do you think the parents of the first ward children will remember on Election Day that she got rid of Diaz?

Morejon, was at my house last week and seems like a very nice young man with all the right credentials, I know he will have my families vote, and from what I see looking down my block, if everyone who put a sign out for him goes out to vote, Torres will catch a beating.

With the primary Election coming up in about two weeks, lets get the word out for everyone to get out and vote. Make sure everyone in your home gets out on Election Day, and call your neighbors. WE NEED SOMEONE WHO WILL STAND UP FOR US. And we all very well know Torres doesn't stand unless Santos pulls the strings, which move his legs.

Guest June 8th

The day of reckoning will be here soon. In one corner you have the puppet. In the other corner you have the new guy, whose credentials are pretty impressive.

Will Santos be able to pull it off for Torres? Tough question, although I am sure Santos's girlfriend Mary is working hard behind her puppet, oops I mean her son.

Who knows what will happen? The new computerized machines will probably stop Santos from stealing the election, but who will stop the vanloads of people coming in from ironbound?

I don't think Jimmy Mangin has much to worry about, so the race to really watch will be the first ward. I would put money on the new comer with an advantage of about 5 to 2 votes. Mangin wins, the new guy wins, and Cunningham is dead, next year will definitely be the most interesting seen in a long time, when Sacco pulls out the nuclear arsenal and perhaps even Menendez pulls a few strings.

It seems as though all Torres will be doing next year is visiting his mother and Santos in prisons if Diaz's allegations are true. Hudson County at its best.

Guest Guest

I don't think Sacco cares about Santos one way or another. Such a little fish that has always picked the wrong pond to swim in. Politics in the art of compromise and that word is not in Santos's vocabulary. Sure he wants to run for higher office, but there are a lot of people who have been waiting in line longer and have done for others. He has some catching up to do and his choices have been questionable.

Guest Guest

Lets keep this honorable and leave Santos mother out of it plus the girlfriend remark is not called for either.

I have to agree we used to at least have someone who reprepsented the area like Pete Cicchino and Tom McFarland. Now we have Jose Torres whose a little too connected to Santos to be objective in my opinion. This is nothing personal for Jose Torres although we havent heard much from him as a councilman. Do all you people think its right for one family to have so much to say between the mayors aid job and the board of education job? I think the Torres family has enough voice already.

This new guy Morejon doesn't have any relatives working in the mayors office(at least not yet) Your right that signs don't vote. People do. All of us have got to get out on election day and vote for Morejon if we want to get back a voice and not just one of the mayor's people. We have the chance to put in a man who maybe can have the people of the first ward in mind and seems interested in doing the job. He seems like he is not there just to agree with Santos on the town council. Let's give him a chance.

Guest Voter

Primary Election Day is next Tuesday.

In Kearny there are only two contested races, 1st ward and 3rd ward.

In the 1st ward, you have Torres v. Morejon.

In the 3rd ward, you have Mangin v. Eckels

Does anyone have any opinions or perdictions on who is going to win?

Guest unhappy

;) i think every one that lives in kearny should get out to vote

our town is changing or the worst it use to be a great town to live in . just try walking the streets and look to your left and to your right and tell me what you see

Guest Guest
Primary Election Day is next Tuesday.

In Kearny there are only two contested races, 1st ward and 3rd ward.

In the 1st ward, you have Torres v. Morejon.

In the 3rd ward, you have Mangin v. Eckels

Does anyone have any opinions or perdictions on who is going to win?

Face the facts, the only ones going to win are the Democrats. There a no Republicans or Independents running unless you want to count Mangin, the Independent Democrat, whatever that is. The party wins, the party rules the roost.

Could we do worse by electing Independent candidates? They wouldn't fight with the county party anymore than those in office now do, but they would not owe anything to them either. Remember, the new voting machines make it very easy to write in a candidate on election day.

Any thoughts? Any Independent candidates out there?

Archived