Harrison Fest

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

So what's up with this years Harrison Fest?? I heard that an outside company has been hired. The town last year lost money. This year they expect to make money by hiring an outside company from HOBOKEN to run it. Thats nice. NOT ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS?? WHAT'S WRONG ARTIE/MAYOR LOSING YOUR VOLUNTEERS??? It's not easy. When Millan ran it, he had money left over for christmas lights (which last year was paid by tax payers), scholarships for high school graduates (granted it wasn't much, but some lucky kid recieved some money), senior celebrations (day at the beauty salon and dinner), gifts for kids on christmas......

Come up with some lie about him stealing money, when the real theives proved to have lost money last year.. WHY? HOW?

You think you solved the problem by hiring some firm from Hoboken, just more hands to dip into the money

So what's up with this years Harrison Fest?? I heard that an outside company has been hired. The town last year lost money. This year they expect to make money by hiring an outside company from HOBOKEN to run it. Thats nice. NOT ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS?? WHAT'S WRONG ARTIE/MAYOR LOSING YOUR VOLUNTEERS??? It's not easy. When Millan ran it, he had money left over for christmas lights (which last year was paid by tax payers), scholarships for high school graduates (granted it wasn't much, but some lucky kid recieved some money), senior celebrations (day at the beauty salon and dinner), gifts for kids on christmas......

Come up with some lie about him stealing money, when the real theives proved to have lost money last year.. WHY? HOW?

You think you solved the problem by hiring some firm from Hoboken, just more hands to dip into the money

Sounds like this person lives up in Milan's asshole. Completely get rid of the HarrisonFest and all the problems will be solved.

Guest Guest
So what's up with this years Harrison Fest??  I heard that an outside company has been hired.  The town last year lost money.  This year they expect to make money by hiring an outside company from HOBOKEN to run it.  Thats nice.  NOT ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS??  WHAT'S WRONG ARTIE/MAYOR LOSING YOUR VOLUNTEERS???  It's not easy.  When Millan ran it, he had money left over for christmas lights (which last year was paid by tax payers), scholarships for high school graduates (granted it wasn't much, but some lucky kid recieved some money), senior celebrations (day at the beauty salon and dinner), gifts for kids on christmas...... 

Come up with some lie about him stealing money, when the real theives proved to have lost money last year..  WHY? HOW?

Sounds like this person lives up in Milan's asshole. Completely get rid of the HarrisonFest and all the problems will be solved.

Yes, Do away with that Harrison Fest.

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

No, I don't live up the guys asshole, but the lies about Millan that this mayor spread kill me; how much control this mayor has to burry who ever isn't a puppet? WOW. Getting rid of the fest won't solve the problem

Guest Guest

THIS POST COMES FROM TWO pvsc EMPLOYEES:

The Town of Harrison will hold its annual multi-cultural celebration on Saturday, June 26 from 11 a.m. to midnight and Sunday, June 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call Councilman Art Pettigrew at (973) 350-9647 or Victor Villalta at (973) 482-6946.
PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP WE AREN'T MAKING ENOUGH MONEY

Guest Guest

hmm...well, i'm not sure if this individual lives up millan's proverbial ***hole or not, but he/she sure does have a point. i'd always rather have a volunteer doing willingful work instead of employees (whether they be from Harrison or Hoboken) sucking up my hard earned money. but then again mr. mcdonough doesn't give a flying poo about me or my money. what a douche.

Guest Guest

The Harrisonfest was a great idea a few years ago when it was run by Mr. Milan. Just admit it. Now, it stinks because there is no effort being put into it because the real $ to be made and line the pockets of the select few are in the redevelopement plans. TAKE FROM WHERE THE BIG MONEY IS AND SEND IT RIGHT DOWN THE JERSEY SHORE IN THE FORM OF HOME IMPROVEMENTS. Just admit that too.

Guest Guest

Speaking of the Jersey Shore, can any of the politicians who live down there tell me if the free appliances from North Jersey Appliance that were delivered down there are still working? Give me the brand name if its good, I am in the market.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2001

A Word from the Mayor

Harrison has always been and continues to remain a great little town. New and exciting projects are planned for the next few years, and as a united community we can all benefit from them. Let us all stand together to keep Harrison on the right track in the new millennium. I would like to thank all those involved in planning Harrison Fest 2001 and invite everyone to enjoy the festivities. God Bless Harrison!

Raymond J. McDonough, Mayor, Town of Harrison

A Warm Welcome from Councilman Anselmo Millan

Harrison Fest Coordinator

I extend to all of you a most warm welcome to Harrison Fest 2001. Harrison Fest 2001 once again, celebrates the very thing that makes Harrison so rich and special... it's diversity. It may be a small town at only on square mile of area, but it is enormous in background. Every day in Harrison presents one with the opportunity to meet and befriend people of all social, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. It is this diverse population of Harrison that educates on the customs and beliefs of people that we would ordinarily not know anything about. And what better way to share this rich heritage with everyone than to have one weekend a year where we can learn about other cultures and also show others our own heritage. From folkloric groups, ethnic food and typical music, Harrison Fest has it all. The rich heritage present in Harrison, is one of the most substantial cultural treasures preserved in Harrison today and we celebrate it in the Harrison Fest 2001.

May you have a pleasant time in the Harrison Fest and as Coordinator of the Harrison Fest I invite you all back again next year.

Councilman Anselmo Millan

Coordinator of Harrison Fest Committee, Inc.

Guest Guest
Last year the "fest" looked more like a bloods and crypts convention. GROSS!

Bloods and Crypts. Would that be.................gangs that you are referring to? We do NOT have any of THAT in Harrison. Just ask the Mayor, he'll tell you.

Guest Mr. Mayor
Last year the "fest" looked more like a bloods and crypts convention. GROSS!

Bloods and Crypts. Would that be.................gangs that you are referring to? We do NOT have any of THAT in Harrison. Just ask the Mayor, he'll tell you.

"Ummm........UHHHHHH.. I will think about that and get back to you tomorrow."

Guest Guest

wtf is wrong with u ppl dere is some fake ass wana b gangs in harrison and mayb a couple of real gangs...so u ppl dont kno wha ya'll talkin bout cuz i do...cuz i'm a student at h.h.s nd i kno evrything dat goes on...not da faget ass mayor....D**ba**!! :rolleyes:

wtf is wrong with u ppl dere is some fake ass wana b gangs in harrison and mayb a couple of real gangs...so u ppl dont kno wha ya'll talkin bout cuz i do...cuz i'm a student at h.h.s nd i kno evrything dat goes on...not da faget ass mayor....D**ba**!! :rolleyes:

Spoken like a true Harrisonian with that wonderful Harrison education.

Archived