Please !

Guest Voice Of Reason

Guest Voice Of Reason

Can we PLEASE drop this Mr. P., Matt & Paul circus and move on ? EVERYTHING that can possibly be said, has been said, many times over, Ad

Nauseam.

If the normal people start ignoring this lunacy then just maybe the crazies ( Paul & Strife ) will dry up and blow away.

I think KOTW would agree with me.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Can we  PLEASE  drop this  Mr. P., Matt &  Paul  circus and move on ?  EVERYTHING  that can possibly be said, has been said, many times over, Ad

Nauseam.

If the normal people start ignoring this lunacy then just maybe the crazies        ( Paul & Strife ) will dry up and blow away.

Interesting that you only picked people from one side of this issue to label as "crazies".

Can we  PLEASE  drop this  Mr. P., Matt &  Paul  circus and move on ?  EVERYTHING  that can possibly be said, has been said, many times over, Ad

Nauseam.

If the normal people start ignoring this lunacy then just maybe the crazies        ( Paul & Strife ) will dry up and blow away.

So only Paul and Strife are the crazies? That is very telling indeed!

Guest nice try, guy

i agree with you, but don't you see how little posts like this help. they haven't stopped the debate yet. it's beginning to die down though, so let's just let that happen.

Moving on, without finding a solution, will just allow this to happen again. Ignoring the problem isn't a solution.

The main issue is Mr. P's action in his classroom. From all I've read (from former students & Matt's first days in his classroom) it seems likely that Mr. P's actions didn't start recently and have been known of for a long time. If so, Mr. P's actions should have been curtailed previously but were ignored. The school board took your advice to 'move on' previously and that didn't solve the problem.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Benjamin Franklin

Additionally, calling yourself a 'voice of reason' without considering that patriot, 2smart4u and other guests belong in your crazies category seems ironic.

Nauseam.

Your biases are clear enough. Matthew provides recordings of a teacher completely out of line, the teacher's defenders go nuts trying to defend the indefensible (including flooding two public meetings with supporters), the administration backs him hoping it will all just go away, and we're the ones responsible for a circus. I don't think so.

We will not drop this until the matter is appropriately resolved. That will happen one way or another. No one is being forced to participate here.

And I don't think you speak for KOTW.

Guest Guest
Your biases are clear enough. Matthew provides recordings of a teacher completely out of line, the teacher's defenders go nuts trying to defend the indefensible (including flooding two public meetings with supporters), the administration backs him hoping it will all just go away, and we're the ones responsible for a circus. I don't think so.

We will not drop this until the matter is appropriately resolved. That will happen one way or another. No one is being forced to participate here.

"appropriately" is the kicker. You, Paul, don't get to make the decision as to what's appropriate and what's not. And yes, you are responsible for a circus. You're just to blind to see your own biases. I think so.

I agree with the original poster, I'm tired of it. I have my own opinions, but unlike BOTH you and Mr. P I'll keep them to myself. I'll never convince anyone to see things my way, and I'm okay with that. So, no, they don't speak for KOTW, but just maybe they speak for a lot of us.

Appropriately resolved would be something to your liking I assume? Nothing less?

Guest 2smart4u

Nauseam.

I haven't posted here in a while (I got bored debating children) but I'll add my 2 cents to this one. Paul is having the time of his life. He spends hours posting here on a daily basis and has showed no signs of slowing down, he is clearly enjoying all this. So there will be no "moving on" any time soon, Paul's having too much fun.

Guest Guest

Nauseam.

It's on KOTW's interest to keep this going, silly.

Guest 4th ward resident

Give me a dollar amount so you will go away. we all know you and the retard are after money.

I agree with the original poster, I'm tired of it.  I have my own opinions, but unlike BOTH you and Mr. P I'll keep them to myself.  I'll never convince anyone to see things my way, and I'm okay with that.  So, no, they don't speak for KOTW, but just maybe they speak for a lot of us.

Appropriately resolved would be something to your liking I assume?  Nothing less?

No need to assume--it's been stated quite a few times, and quite clearly, exactly what would entail a resolution every step of the way. Guess you weren't paying attention to that, though.

No need to assume--it's been stated quite a few times, and quite clearly, exactly what would entail a resolution every step of the way. Guess you weren't paying attention to that, though.

It wasn't that I wasn't paying attention, I am guilty of a lack of INTEREST. This topic is going nowhere, because at the end of the day, we will ALL still believe what we want to believe. You and I will never persuade anyone with regards to religion, or the lack thereof (which could be seen as a "religion").

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dingo Dave
This topic is going nowhere, because at the end of the day, we will ALL still believe what we want to believe.  You and I will never persuade anyone with regards to religion, or the lack thereof (which could be seen as a "religion").

I was persuaded to abandon religion after I discovered just how weak the evidence is that supports it.

Someone once quipped that atheism is a religion, in just the same way that baldness is a hair colour.

Guest Patriot
I was persuaded to abandon religion after I discovered just how weak the evidence is that supports it.

Someone once quipped that atheism is a religion, in just the same way that baldness is a hair colour.

Boringgg. Why don't you try typing something that someone might actually be interested in reading.

Guest Patriot
I haven't posted here in a while (I got bored debating children) but I'll add my 2 cents to this one. Paul is having the time of his life. He spends hours posting here on a daily basis and has showed no signs of slowing down, he is clearly enjoying all this.  So there will be no "moving on" any time soon, Paul's having too much fun.

Can't argue with you, 2smart. Paul sees himself as a freakin celebrity. I'm sure he lies in bed at night thinking about what he wants to post the next day. I'm expecting to hear he's signing a book deal any day now. If he does get published, look for it on the bookshelves between Daffy Duck and Goofy.

It wasn't that I wasn't paying attention, I am guilty of a lack of INTEREST.  This topic is going nowhere, because at the end of the day, we will ALL still believe what we want to believe.  You and I will never persuade anyone with regards to religion, or the lack thereof (which could be seen as a "religion").

The only reason people aren't persuaded to change their religious beliefs is that they close their minds. I was persuaded by others to change my religious beliefs when I was in my early twenties. The process took a few years, but it did happen, and can happen for anyone who is willing to listen, think, learn and grow.

I've heard, and like, that line too. *chuckles* I also like "the fastest way to turn a Christian atheist is to have him/her read the Bible cover to cover," to paraphrase.