Ems Services,who Pays?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO PAYS FOR THE DRUNKS IN TOWN WHO USE EMS SERVICES AS A TAXI SERVICE? AND WHY SHOULD RESIDENTS PAY FOR SUCH A SERVICE? I THINK MY TAXES ARE HIGH ENOUGH TO COVER THE COST!

DO TOWN EMPLOYEES GET BILLED TOO? ISN'T THAT DOUBLE DIPPING?

Guest Guest

The Firefighters bill all ambulance calls @$300.00 per trip and at the end of the year that money is split-up to eaxh Firefighter as a bonus to them. It amounts to several thousands dollars each. And yes, it is double dipping, but the Fire Department is untouchable by the Mayor, Senators, or even the Governor because of nepotism.

Guest Guest

I heard they charge $400.00 and the insurance does not cover it. o stop complaining the fire dept has to make a profit on the ems calls.

Guest Guest

SUCH PROFESSIONALS,WARMS YOUR HEART DOESN'T IT!

WHILE STEALING YOUR WALLET.

DAM, I TOOK THE WRONG TEST! SO........I WOULD BE OBESE AND ADDICTED TO SOME WHITE LINES BUT RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

90,000.00 PER YEAR SALARY, ABOUT$4,000.00 IN AMBULANCE MONEY, $2,000 HOLIDAY PAY, $750.OO CLOTHING ALLOWANCE, $1,000 MUSTER PAY. THAT IS

$97,500.00 PER YEAR PER FIREMAN. FOR WHAT? I WOULD BE CORRECT IN SAYING I GUESS THEY HAVEN'T PUT OUT 20 FIRES IN THE LAST TEN YEARS, THAT INCLUDES THE ONES WITH HELP FROM KEARNY AND JERSEY CITY. WHY PICK ON THE COPS. THEY DON'T MAKE NEARLY THAT MUCH. THE FIREMAN WORK ONLY 86 DAYS PER YEAR AND SLEEP, EAT, DRINK, DO COKE, AND BARBECUE, PISS, AND CRAP. GO TO VINNIES ON MANOR AVE. ON ANT GIVEN AFTERNOON AND YOU WILL SEE THEM IN UNIFROM TOSSING DOWN A FEW COLD BEERS ON DUTY. THE TOWN FOLKS SHOULD BE OUTRAGED. THAT IS THE BIGGEST PORTION OF YOUR TAX MONEY. WHAT A ROUGH LIFE FOR THID BUNCH OF COWARDS.

Guest Guest

Can I be a fireman. It sounds too good to be true. Does my daddy have to be friends with the Mayor first. how can I get cocktail party tickets, I will buy 100 if necesssary. The only problem is that I am ingood shape. i guess after a few years of doing nothing and having to hide my girlfriend from my wife will make me look like crap, like most of the Harrison firegirls. Stress is bad.

Guest Guest

why can't the cops and firemen get along in this town! They both do a great service to the people in the community. My uncle was a Newark Fireman for thirty years and as he tells it, the firemen and the police always got along there. Stop being jealous of one another and work together. The services supplied by both are much needed. Stop worrying about their personal lives, that is their business.

Guest Harrisonian_Guest
why can't the cops and firemen get along in this town! They both do a great service to the people in the community. My uncle was a Newark Fireman for thirty years and as he tells it, the firemen and the police always got along there. Stop being jealous of one another and work together. The services supplied by both are much needed. Stop worrying about their personal lives, that is their business.

I couldn't agree with you more. Both departments do a great service for the town of Harrison and they should try their best to unite.

Guest Guest

i'm all for unity however you can't ignore the great difference in salary! how can one ignore that great fact? it's pretty harsh when one's busting their hump while, you see the blunt reality of the other party cruising through the day, doing nothing. even when there is a call for service, they call for us to respond regardless, so what is the deal anyway?what is fair? what is right? people are more demanding towards officers than any other service in town. (documented fact)then pay us as such! granted we have a few spoiled apples, but who doesn't. don't blame the rest because of it.

Guest Harrisonian_Guest
i'm all for unity however you can't ignore the great difference in salary! how can one ignore that great fact? it's pretty harsh when one's busting their hump while, you see the blunt reality of the other party cruising through the day, doing nothing. even when there is a call for service, they call for us to respond regardless, so what is the deal anyway?what is fair? what is right? people are more demanding towards officers than any other service in town. (documented fact)then pay us as such! granted we have a few spoiled apples, but who doesn't. don't blame the rest because of it.

This is a true fact. I do believe that the police salaries should be increased. Both police and firemen put their lives on the line on a daily basis, however, I believe the the cops lives are at a greater risk.

Guest Guest

How in your deranged mind can you think a Harrison Fireman puts his life on the line everyday. Doing what? Falling out of bed, getting burned by the barbecue, overdosing on drugs, or liver damage to due drinking. I also wonder about why I observe several of the MANY fire jeeps parked in private driveways throghout the day and night? If we had volunteers and a private ambulance company I figured out that my taxes would go down about $3000.00 per year. I'm all for it. Nothing personal against any one individual, but we just do not need a paid fire dept. in this town. It was just created to give jobs to certain people and families and has now gotten completely out of hand just like Passaic Valley Sewerage. Face facts, in todays society everyone on the streets is putting their life on the line everyday just going to work. Salaries ranging from $70,000.00 to $130,000.00 plus bonuses, paid holidays, clothing allowances, muster pay, and splitting up the ambulance money make each of these figures go up by at least $10,000.00 per man. That $3,000.00 a year savings could pay my automobile insurance or partial tuition for one of my children. Enough is enough. A simple start would be to drug test them. The town refuses and the firemans union refuses. The ONLY reason is that several are known drug users and the politicians do not want them to loose their jobs because of nepotism.

Guest Guest

What is Muster Pay?How much is it?Civil Service is a racket.If the fireman charge for Ambulance service do They have Senior Citizen rates and discounts for low income families? How much does it cost for a 2 story house fire?When you call in an emergency are You asked for a valid credit card?You better get an axe out of the shed and chop down the tree Your Cat gets stuck in.I thought the Police Dept. shaking down the Utility Company's for traffic control was bad.This is out of control.Is a municple Agency considered a non profit orginization?This is very wrong.

Guest Dr Frank Burns
How in your deranged mind can you think a Harrison Fireman puts his life on the line everyday. Doing what? Falling out of bed, getting burned by the barbecue, overdosing on drugs, or liver damage to due drinking. I also wonder about why I observe several of the MANY fire jeeps parked in private driveways throghout the day and night? If we had volunteers and a private ambulance company I figured out that my taxes would go down about $3000.00 per year. I'm all for it. Nothing personal against any one individual, but we just do not need a paid fire dept. in this town. It was just created to give jobs to certain people and families and has now gotten completely out of hand just like Passaic Valley Sewerage. Face facts, in todays society everyone on the streets is putting their life on the line everyday just going to work. Salaries ranging from $70,000.00 to $130,000.00 plus bonuses, paid holidays, clothing allowances, muster pay, and splitting up the ambulance money make each of these figures go up by at least $10,000.00 per man. That $3,000.00 a year savings could pay my automobile insurance or partial tuition for one of my children. Enough is enough. A simple start would be to drug test them. The town refuses and the firemans union refuses. The ONLY reason is that several are known drug users and the politicians do not want them to loose their jobs because of nepotism.

Salaries ranging from $70,000.00 to $130,000.00 plus bonuses, paid holidays, clothing allowances, muster pay, and splitting up the ambulance money make each of these figures go up by at least $10,000.00 per man

Give the EMS back to the police--at least they weren't shaking down the town to run it----how did they lose it in the first place?

Remember--I know the answer!!

Guest Guest

I am interested in why the ambulance service went to the Fire department instead of the Poice. I do not know. Maybe the three to five cops they have working on the weekend nights can handle it? Yes, that is correct, there are usually only between 3 and 5 cops protecting the entire town on most weekends. The minimum manpower decided by the state to protect the town is 3 cops. I hope to God that no one gets hurt, a cop or a citizen because of this stupidity. The taxes are high and you get the protection of 3 cops per weekend and if anyone is out they do not bring in a guy on overtime. The minimum manpower for the Fire Department is 10 men at all times. They make sure that every bed is filled no matter what. It also amazes me that the town absoluetly refuses to drug test the fireman where there were many instances of drug use, abuse, and even overdosing. The cops get drug tested and a bad apple was eliminated because of it. I have not seen one intelligent reason that the town doesn't test the fireman, and I also understand that the fire union has told, not asked, the town that they WILL NOT submit to random drug testing. Make your own conclusion, but in my opinion this can only mean that they are doing drugs. There is no other reason.

Guest MR. X

This is funny. I suggested a volunteer Fire Department on this board months ago, and I still agree. Don't get me wrong I am not here to bash anyone, but our Firemen are EXTREMELY OVERPAID. They really do nothing all day every day. Volunteer is the way to go. I say keep a few as EMTs and let the rest go. We rarely have fires and when we do there would be enough volunteers from Harrison and East Newark. Not to mention the fact the Kearny and Newark are right next to us, and our lovely little town is only a mile long. We have plenty of coverage with out wasting millions on a useless department.

Mr. X...OUT!

Guest Guest

What about our Fire investigator (for all the arson jobs in Harrison - that are non-existent). if you need him, go to ******** ** **** ******* or his out of town home. All on a huge salary of course.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
What about our Fire investigator (for all the arson jobs in Harrison - that are non-existent). if you need him, go to ******** ** **** ******* or his out of town home. All on a huge salary of course.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Who is the current Fire Investigator? It is my understanding that EB retired.

Guest Guest

How can he be retired when he never worked a day in his life. Vinnies bar must have had the price of mugs go up at lunchtime if he is gone to make up for the loss.

Guest Guest

Barbecue days are ahead. Everytime the FD smells one it is put in as a service call to pump-up the numbers. So sad, so pathetic, so wastefull of $3000.00 in cash from taxes that we could save if we had volunteers instead of a mostly all out-of-towner FD. What a disgrace, but why make the drug dealers suffer if the income drops.

Guest Guest

Do the dealers on the street corners take Blue Cross? Thats a new one to me. The billing statements must be interesting. Is it a $5.00 co-pay per vial or each time you get a larger amount?

Guest Guest

$5.00 per 100 doses at the max. That is all Blue Cross covers. If you need more doses than 100, I guess you have to pay for it on your own.

Archived