Cliffside Park Christian

Guest Christian

Guest Christian

At the end of the public session, a speaker who identified himself as being from Cliffside Park got up and stated that he was a Christian and that he was there to support Christians. The pro-Mr. P folks were saying "Amen" "We Love You" ... he then stated that he was an American and that what his fellow Christian Mr. P had done was wrong. The Christian supporters immediately turned on him and started heckling him, loudly. He ended by saying "Would Jesus do what you're doing now". It summed up in very few words why Mr. P's supporters are wrong. Their strong religious beliefs do not allow them to listen to anything that appears to be confronting their distorted concept of what Jesus stood for. Sad but true. Mr. P has the same problem. If he was a true Christian he would be defending Matthew not condoning him.

I welcome comments from my Christian friends.

At the end of the public session, a speaker who identified himself as being from Cliffside Park got up and stated that he was a Christian and that he was there to support Christians.  The pro-Mr. P folks were saying "Amen" "We Love You" ... he then stated that he was an American and that what his fellow Christian Mr. P had done was wrong.  The Christian supporters immediately turned on him and started heckling him, loudly.  He ended by saying "Would Jesus do what you're doing now".  It summed up in very few words why Mr. P's supporters are wrong.  Their strong religious beliefs do not allow them to listen to anything that appears to be confronting their distorted concept of what Jesus stood for.  Sad but true.  Mr. P has the same problem.  If he was a true Christian he would be defending Matthew not condoning him.

Thank you for sharing this.

At the end of the public session, a speaker who identified himself as being from Cliffside Park got up and stated that he was a Christian and that he was there to support Christians.  The pro-Mr. P folks were saying "Amen" "We Love You" ... he then stated that he was an American and that what his fellow Christian Mr. P had done was wrong.  The Christian supporters immediately turned on him and started heckling him, loudly.  He ended by saying "Would Jesus do what you're doing now".  It summed up in very few words why Mr. P's supporters are wrong.  Their strong religious beliefs do not allow them to listen to anything that appears to be confronting their distorted concept of what Jesus stood for.  Sad but true.  Mr. P has the same problem.  If he was a true Christian he would be defending Matthew not condoning him.

I totally agree--the speed and severity of the crowd's 'turn' made it clear just how biased and simple-minded they were acting. It seems most of those people in the crowd don't even understand the issue--all they perceive is an attack on their religion, even when there isn't one. Their immature behavior is a textbook example of the knee-jerk reaction. :/

It is a shame that we had to hear that from someone outside of Kearny, though.

P.S. He reminded me of the 'transplanted' New Yorker in the episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit! about creationism (season 1 episode 8, if you want to check it out).

*chuckles* I very much agree. Watching that portion of the session unfold in person was both ammusing and slightly distressing.

For all of their support - they're certainly doing a good job of making their community look bad.

A neighborhood united blinded and bleeting against anyone who doesn't agree with them. :P

The gentleman was extremely impressive. I agree completely. The reaction against him said more about the people who were reacting than about the gentleman from Cliffside. Oh, how the truth can hurt!

You neglected to tell the whole story (typical LaClair tactic), the Cliffside Park resident stated he wanted to address the issue of Mr. P "lying" in the private meeting with the principal and dept head, and how he thought that was wrong of Mr. P to lie, so, the people asked him to prove it ( how would he know if he was not at that meeting) at which time he looked over to LaClair, and corrected his statement.

Hmm...what was that gesture to LaClair about? :) ....... If you, Mr. LaClair, have a tape recording of that meeting, then put it out there and settle this once and for all. Why drag this on if you really want to settle this?

The gentleman was extremely impressive. I agree completely. The reaction against him said more about the people who were reacting than about the gentleman from Cliffside. Oh, how the truth can hurt!

Hahahaha! Where were the people that support you, Mr. LaClair? lol! Apparently there are not many in Kearny. By the way, Mr. Pinho did it again! I love this guy, he makes me laugh! The truth will hurt, Mr. LaClair.

Good for "Cliffside Park Christian". It's about time someone from the Christian camp stood up and spoke the truth. Do you think it will catch on? So, sad that the obvious needed to be pointed out in the first place though.

Guest KOTW fan
You neglected to tell the whole story (typical LaClair tactic), the Cliffside Park resident stated he wanted to address the issue of Mr. P "lying" in the private meeting with the principal and dept head, and how he thought that was wrong of Mr. P to lie, so, the people asked him to prove it ( how would he know if he was not at that meeting) at which time he looked over to LaClair, and corrected his statement.

Hmm...what was that gesture to LaClair about? B) .......  If you, Mr. LaClair, have a tape recording of that meeting, then put it out there and settle this once and for all. Why drag this on if you really want to settle this?

go to Kevin Canessa's Observer blog (follow the link on KOTW's main page (click here) left hand column, says New next to it) and listen to what the Cliffside Park man said. What is more revealing is how his fellow Christians treated him. Ask Mr. P in church on Sunday, "Is this what Jesus would do?" Mr. P is not a real christian he is a christian in disguise.

Hmm...what was that gesture to LaClair about? B) .......  If you, Mr. LaClair, have a tape recording of that meeting, then put it out there and settle this once and for all. Why drag this on if you really want to settle this?

Mattthew gave the recording to the Board immediately after he spoke. He said that. That is what he handed to the Board secretary when he went up to the table after he spoke.

They reveal that many of Mr. Paszkiewicz's statements in that recording do not conform to the facts. They also reveal that Mr. Paszkiewicz tried in various ways to induce Matthew to back down. They also reveal that Matthew's statements, and mine, do conform to the facts.

I have been practicing law for 29 years. Do you really think I would have made the statements I made if I didn't have proof? I congratulate the person who figured this out on KOTW a couple months ago.

Guest Steve_C
Mattthew gave the recording to the Board immediately after he spoke. He said that. That is what he handed to the  Board secretary when he went up to the table after he spoke.

They reveal that many of Mr. Paszkiewicz's statements in that recording do not conform to the facts. They also reveal that Mr. Paszkiewicz tried in various ways to induce Matthew to back down. They also reveal that Matthew's statements, and mine, do conform to the facts.

I have been practicing law for 29 years. Do you really think I would have made the statements I made if I didn't have proof? I congratulate the person who figured this out on KOTW a couple months ago.

Dense crowd aren't they Paul.

Which is more believable?

1. Mr. P preached and espoused personal beliefs in class, and when confronted by the Administrator and Matt... Lied and tried to get Matt to back down or...

2. Mr. P didn't preach in class, therefore had nothing to lie about.

Considering there are recordings of him preaching in class,

which were not revealed until Mr. P infact denied his actions...

How anyone gets to 2 I don't know.

Hmm...what was that gesture to LaClair about? <_< .......  If you, Mr. LaClair, have a tape recording of that meeting, then put it out there and settle this once and for all. Why drag this on if you really want to settle this?

Guess you weren't paying attention. Matthew's big news at the Board meeting was that that meeting WAS taped, and that there IS proof that Mr. P. lied. Can't say I'm surprised...Paul and Matthew had good reason to confidently state what they did. I can't wait to listen to this new evidence. I only wish I could see the looks on the apologists' faces after (if) they listen to it too. :)

Hahahaha! Where were the people that support you, Mr. LaClair? lol! Apparently there are not many in Kearny.

What's your point? Sheer numbers do not decide an issue. If they did, slavery would have never ended, nor would women have ever gotten the vote, etc. etc.

The Constitution is clearly on our side. The Board and Paszkiewicz _will_ fix their mistakes. It's all a matter of whether they will do it on their own, or whether they will have to be forced to. It's a sad state of affairs--both the LaClairs and I would much rather they just fix their mistakes...it really wouldn't take much effort, and then we could put this all behind us.

The truth will hurt, Mr. LaClair.

What truth are you talking about? Because you know, every fact and bit of truth that has been revealed has supported Matthew and Paul 100%.

go to Kevin Canessa's Observer blog (follow the link on KOTW's main page (click here) left hand column, says New next to it) and listen to what the Cliffside Park man said.  What is more revealing is how his fellow Christians treated him.  Ask Mr. P in church on Sunday, "Is this what Jesus would do?"  Mr. P is not a real christian he is a christian in disguise.

I think you meant to say that "Mr. P. is disguised as a Christian." *chuckles*

Guess you weren't paying attention. Matthew's big news at the Board meeting was that that meeting WAS taped, and that there IS proof that Mr. P. lied. Can't say I'm surprised...Paul and Matthew had good reason to confidently state what they did. I can't wait to listen to this new evidence. I only wish I could see the looks on the apologists' faces after (if) they listen to it too. :)

It should be available online within the next 24 hours.

Mattthew gave the recording to the Board immediately after he spoke. He said that. That is what he handed to the  Board secretary when he went up to the table after he spoke.

Yes. Now, show us the cd...

The Constitution is clearly on our side.

Our side? You have become part of the family? You wish, don't you Strife? Do you feel rejected at home? Looking for a daddy and a "beautiful" brother? It is okay, Strife, I will e-mail you a psychologist phone number.

When will a transcript or the recording be available for review? Or will it?

Guest Guest
Good for "Cliffside Park Christian". It's about time someone from the Christian camp stood up and spoke the truth.  Do you think it will catch on? So, sad that the obvious needed to be pointed out in the first place though.

Shameful!

At the close of the last BOE meeting, a man who did not sign the register to speak, begged the board for an opportunity even though he was not a resident. His name is Nick Lento and he is from Cliffside Park . He has become a media darling. He claimed to be a committed Christian and claimed to be more spiritual than the Christians in attendance at the meeting. He railed against Mr. P. calling him a liar and ranted against the crowd which caused them to boo him. (By the way, this same crowd didn’t boo the LaClairs, only Lento who turned towards them and railed at them) His speech amounted to name calling. He is no Christian at all, for a window into his dark soul, check out www.bluejersey.com. Prior to going to the BOE meeting on February 20 he was already calling Mr. P a miscreant as well as other adjectives on the site.

Our side? You have become part of the family?

No. "Our side" are the sane American citizens who understand the Constitution and can recognize a blatant and remorseless violation of it.

Support is mounting for the LaClairs, which is heartening.

You wish, don't you Strife?

Hadn't really thought about it.

Do you feel rejected at home? Looking for a daddy and a "beautiful" brother?

No~

It is okay, Strife, I will e-mail you a psychologist phone number.

:wub: Idiot.

Shameful!

At the close of the last BOE meeting, a man who did not sign the register to speak, begged the board for an opportunity even though he was not a resident.  His name is Nick Lento and he is from Cliffside Park .  He has become a media darling.  He claimed to be a committed Christian and claimed to be more spiritual than the Christians in attendance at the meeting.  He railed against Mr. P. calling him a liar

Not seeing the problem here.

and ranted against the crowd which caused them to boo him.

That guy was far more forgiving than much of that crowd's behavior merited. He talked about this issue as pitting "good people against good people" and that that shouldn't happen.

(By the way, this same crowd didn’t boo the LaClairs,

Bull. Shit. Not only did I hear whining all around me while he spoke about the Board's dishonesty in their press release, but they also immaturely 'responded' with their dopey signs, raising them high so that the others couldn't see him. So childish, and yet, no one is ashamed in the least...it's pathetic.

only Lento who turned towards them and railed at them) His speech amounted to name calling.

Nonsense. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

He is no Christian at all,

Do you presume yourself God? Don't you believe that to be your God's decision, and his alone?

for a window into his dark soul,

Haha, "soul."

check out www.bluejersey.com.  Prior to going to the BOE meeting on February 20  he was already calling Mr. P  a miscreant as well as other adjectives on the site.

Mr. P. was playing the "miscreant" part quite well. Caught lying, didn't defend his own student, etc. etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nick Lento
Shameful!

At the close of the last BOE meeting, a man who did not sign the register to speak, begged the board for an opportunity even though he was not a resident.  His name is Nick Lento and he is from Cliffside Park .  He has become a media darling.  He claimed to be a committed Christian and claimed to be more spiritual than the Christians in attendance at the meeting.  He railed against Mr. P. calling him a liar and ranted against the crowd which caused them to boo him. (By the way, this same crowd didn’t boo the LaClairs, only Lento who turned towards them and railed at them) His speech amounted to name calling.  He is no Christian at all, for a window into his dark soul, check out www.bluejersey.com.  Prior to going to the BOE meeting on February 20  he was already calling Mr. P  a miscreant as well as other adjectives on the site.

Dear "Anonymous"

I reject your distorted characterization of my impromptu speech. It's easy enough for anyone who cares to hear what I actually said to listen the the audio that's available.

(If you want to go ahead and transcribe it and quote directly from a posted verifiable transcription, I'll be happy to defend my extemporaneous remarks against your premeditated "best shot".....and if I've said anything which, after consideration I thought was actually wrong....I would acknowledge the error. None of us is perfect. We all err and we all sin.)

You folks that defend this "teacher" seem to be incapable of dealing with the concrete objective reality of the existing world.

My words were/are on record...just as the class and the meeting Matthew recorded are on record; yet you insist on doing to me what you did to Matthew....and that is to mis-characterize/distort/pervert an AUDIO RECORDING that is what it is.

I invite/urge anyone who is tempted to lend any credence to your distorted sense of what I said to listen to the audio.

Further, if anyone cares to dispute or argue with my posts/comments on BlueJersey.net I welcome you doing so at that site and please, do your best.

I look forward to an on the record/civil discussion with any one of you. We might learn from each other! Wouldn't that be cool!

PS As for the color of my soul...I am content to leave that Judgment to the Eyes of Jesus Christ, your subjective/anonymous opinion is worth much less than His, eh?

Nick Lento

Guest Nick Lento
Not seeing the problem here.

That guy was far more forgiving than much of that crowd's behavior merited. He talked about this issue as pitting "good people against good people" and that that shouldn't happen.

Bull. Shit. Not only did I hear whining all around me while he spoke about the Board's dishonesty in their press release, but they also immaturely 'responded' with their dopey signs, raising them high so that the others couldn't see him. So childish, and yet, no one is ashamed in the least...it's pathetic.

Nonsense. Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Do you presume yourself God? Don't you believe that to be your God's decision, and his alone?

Haha, "soul."

Mr. P. was playing the "miscreant" part quite well. Caught lying, didn't defend his own student, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks! I'm glad someone was actually listening.

Nick Lento