Answer This Kotw

Guest Guest

How can you edit words and names and such, but leave on those disgusting pictures that have been posted in "How it should be"?

I HAPPEN TO THINK THOSE PICTURES ARE EXTREMELY TASTEFUL COMPARED TO THE ACTUAL MEMBERS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PORTRAY.

How can you edit words and names and such, but leave on those disgusting pictures that have been posted in "How it should be"?

Guest,

I reviewed the pictures. The poster did not use any officer's name and the pictures are not obscene. I doubt anyone outside of possible fellow police officers could identify through the pictures any particular officer. So, I allowed the links to remain. KOTW's policy is to attempt not to edit posts. Although I edited more of the posts involving the Harrison Police Department than any other topic, I chose not to edit the links to the pictures for the reasons stated above.

I would urge however the officers who are apparently posting to remember that they are professionals and should act (and post) accordingly.

KOTW

Guest Guest

Guest,

I reviewed the pictures. The poster did not use any officer's name and the pictures are not obscene. I doubt anyone outside of possible fellow police officers could identify through the pictures any particular officer. So, I allowed the links to remain. KOTW's policy is to attempt not to edit posts. Although I edited more of the posts involving the Harrison Police Department than any other topic, I chose not to edit the links to the pictures for the reasons stated above.

I would urge however the officers who are apparently posting to remember that they are professionals and should act (and post) accordingly.

KOTW

So, this little ad banner that shows up on every picture page is exceptable to KOTW?

KOTW Note: The link to the "objectionable" ad was removed.

Guest Question

My question is why is that you sometimes see **** on certain post when the post mentions people by last name and then you see **** when it mentions a person by their title but other times ou see them mention people such as the Powell family and that post goes un*****

Guest guest_Guest

I aqree......why are some posts editted with the *****, while others are not.

Selective editing, I presume? And just who is it who is doing the "selective editing?"

Too bad, we want to know all the rumors about everyone......I'm sure there's lots more of it around. See though, that's just what all this stuff is.......RUMORS!!! There isn't much validity to anything posted on this message board. If the people posting this nonsense had valid points, they would be out in the appropriate public forum speaking the truth. Most of what is said here has no truth to it. It's a shame, if the posters would put the same amount of effort into really making a difference, instead of posting slanderous information on this board, what a great place this could be.

So I challenge you, step out from behind the computer screen, come out in the open and speak if you have legitimate things to say.

Guest Guest
I aqree......why are some posts editted with the *****, while others are not.

Selective editing, I presume? And just who is it who is doing the "selective editing?"

Too bad, we want to know all the rumors about everyone......I'm sure there's lots more of it around. See though, that's just what all this stuff is.......RUMORS!!! There isn't much validity to anything posted on this message board. If the people posting this nonsense had valid points, they would be out in the appropriate public forum speaking the truth. Most of what is said here has no truth to it. It's a shame, if the posters would put the same amount of effort into really making a difference, instead of posting slanderous information on this board, what a great place this could be.

So I challenge you, step out from behind the computer screen, come out in the open and speak if you have legitimate things to say.

You people have some nerve questioning KOTW. It is presumed that the people writing on this site a MATURE ADULTS, which is obviously poor judgment.

But since you all like to GOSSIP so much and act like children KOTW should start making everyone register if they want their opinion to be posted.

You guys really do have BIG ONES! To think that you have all posted nasty things about one another and now want to turn around and say that the person monitoring this site is a fault is ludicrous! Grow up!

Guest Guest

TO THOSE HOLIER THAN THOU KISS OUR ROYAL ASSES, THE FACTS PLACED HERE ARE JUST THAT FACTS AND THIS SITE IS THE BEST VENUE WE HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THOSE BONES KEPT IN THE CLOSET. BUT THE TRUTH HURTS AND AT THE END YOU ALL KNOW IT TOO. IT'S JUST THAT THE NILE IS A BIG RIVER,

BESIDES IT'S NOT DIFFERENCE THAN WHEN SOMEONE GETS THEIR LOAD ON AND DECIDES TO OPEN UP AND SING! BUT WHO HAS THE TIME TO HANG WITH ALL YOU DRUNKS, I ESPECIALLY DON'T LIKE THE ELKS CROWD.

KISS KISS :):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Guest Guest
TO THOSE HOLIER THAN THOU KISS OUR ROYAL ASSES, THE FACTS PLACED HERE ARE JUST THAT FACTS AND THIS SITE IS THE BEST VENUE WE HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THOSE BONES KEPT IN THE CLOSET. BUT THE TRUTH HURTS AND AT THE END YOU ALL KNOW IT TOO. IT'S JUST THAT THE NILE IS A BIG RIVER,

BESIDES IT'S NOT DIFFERENCE THAN WHEN SOMEONE GETS THEIR LOAD ON AND DECIDES TO OPEN UP AND SING! BUT WHO HAS THE TIME TO HANG WITH ALL YOU DRUNKS, I ESPECIALLY DON'T LIKE THE ELKS CROWD.

KISS KISS <_<:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Before you write down that everything on this site is facts you should go back and READ. Then deside if you will stick that statement. You are one of the reasons they should make people register to get onto this site. So they can monitor your FACTS!

Guest Don't understand

why in some post you see someone mention Tom Kinsella and that gets ***** but in other posts you see Tom Powell mention (negative comments) and that gets left in - I say if you do it for one do it for all.

Like I stated once before you also **** out a mention of the judge (not by name) - makes no sense to me.

I totally agree with editing certain posts that state a negative uninformative comment but please be fair

Guest Guest
why in some post you see someone mention Tom Kinsella and that gets ***** but in other posts you see Tom Powell mention (negative comments) and that gets left in - I say if you do it for one do it for all.

Like I stated once before you also **** out a mention of the judge (not by name) - makes no sense to me.

I totally agree with editing certain posts that state a negative uninformative comment but please be fair

If you don't see the following:

"KOTW Note: blah, blah, blah"

Then that original poster edited his/her own post, not the board administrator.

Guest Guest

Do you not understand that people should not be writing the things they are? You cannot expect someone to be on the back burner "fixing" you mess.

Again, KOTW should make it mandatory for people to register if they want to post their opinions.

This board is being used as a way to knock coworkers and fellow citizens down. Fact or rumor it is unacceptable. If people feel so passionately about what is going on, go to a town meeting and get your problem addressed. Register to vote, and make your selection in the booth. Don't hide behind your computer and think that you are going to get anything productive out of it.

Guest guest_Guest

If KOTW made it mandatory for people to register in order to post comments, then no one would be making these ridiculous comments because then they would be held accountable for what they said. It seems no one wants to be accountable for their actions anymore.

Guest Don't understand

For one, people see this board as a way to vent their frustrations - we all know the way the town runs, so truth to the matter is people can't speak up in public, if they do they take a chance of losing their job or their family members losing their - their is no freedom of speech in the town of Harrison. If you are brave enough to speak out at a town meeting watch how things/people turn against you for speaking out on what all the town members are thinking are better yet what all the town members know as the truth. Sad but true.

Second - if KOTW made it mandatory for each individual to register that wouldn't solve the problem - with all the free nontracable internet access out there everyone can go register on sites like Yahoo or AOL and make up a name so that is just a waste of time. Damn I know when I'm doing research on some sites that require you to register I too use a fake email address to avoid receiving tons of junk mail.

Guest Guest
For one, people see this board as a way to vent their frustrations - we all know the way the town runs, so truth to the matter is people can't speak up in public, if they do they take a chance of losing their job or their family members losing their - their is no freedom of speech in the town of Harrison. If you are brave enough to speak out at a town meeting watch how things/people turn against you for speaking out on what all the town members are thinking are better yet what all the town members know as the truth. Sad but true.

Second - if KOTW made it mandatory for each individual to register that wouldn't solve the problem - with all the free nontracable internet access out there everyone can go register on sites like Yahoo or AOL and make up a name so that is just a waste of time. Damn I know when I'm doing research on some sites that require you to register I too use a fake email address to avoid receiving tons of junk mail.

People are not using this as a way to vent; they are being malicious and spreading gossip (i.e. Catchabone; ASS--istant; the cop "faking" a shooting). If someone is angry with the establishment bring that up don't attack someone who is trying to put in a days work (regardless of how they got the job). All of that is uncalled for and unnecessary. As far as no freedom of speech - don't be ridiculous. If you report someone by going through the proper channels and have everything in writing, no one can touch you. Who cares if someone turns against you? Let me give you a piece of advise, NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LIKE YOU! Get over it!

If users cannot put together a civil posting (negative or positive) against someone or the town then they should eliminate this site. No good can come out of the postings that I have seen...

Guest Don't understand

You are correct in stating that not everyone will like you but once your ass is out on the street not everyone will hire you as well. Please take your blinders off and realize the once you speak out in public against the council you are blacklisted - it doesn't matter what channels you go through and what type of documentation you have - if you work for the town they will find one way or another to let you go.

I also agree that this board should be used as a way for residents to honestly post their frustration with what is going on in the town and they shouldn't use it as a way to bash someone personally - it is a shame people have to resort to such child like behavior and we all know that they post negative things about each other on this board but will walk up and shake that same person's hand - go figure.

Guest Guest
You are correct in stating that not everyone will like you but once your ass is out on the street not everyone will hire you as well. Please take your blinders off and realize the once you speak out in public against the council you are blacklisted - it doesn't matter what channels you go through and what type of documentation you have - if you work for the town they will find one way or another to let you go.

I also agree that this board should be used as a way for residents to honestly post their frustration with what is going on in the town and they shouldn't use it as a way to bash someone personally - it is a shame people have to resort to such child like behavior and we all know that they post negative things about each other on this board but will walk up and shake that same person's hand - go figure.

I really do sympathize with you. I have a family member who works for the town and I hear stories. I only hope for you guys that this will get better. I grew up here and have a lot of memories invested in this town. To see people who have such history in this town take it so lightly is sad. Harrison has the potential to be a great community to work and raise a family, but as everyday goes by it is getting worst and worst.

Good luck and thank you for your well put together postings.

Guest Guest

Guest,

KOTW

So, this little ad banner that shows up on every picture page is exceptable to KOTW?

Still awaiting a response from the admin.

Guest,

KOTW

Guest,

I am reconsidering my decision and will let you know.

KOTW

Guest Guest

Guest,

KOTW

Guest,

I am reconsidering my decision and will let you know.

KOTW

??

Archived