The Chosen Few

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Has anyone noticed that certain people are allowed to basicly do what ever they please during working hours. But the amazing part is they are never once put on notice for it. Most employees are writen up for late punches shopping during woking hours or abuse of sick time. But there are those that are given a green light to do what ever they want. There must be two sets of rules. Start paying attention and make notes. Some day you may be called on the carpet for doing what special ones get away with. Business as usual. :blink:

Has anyone noticed that certain people are allowed to basicly do what ever they please during working hours. But the amazing part is they are never once put on notice for it. Most employees are writen up for late punches shopping during woking hours or abuse of sick time. But there are those that are given a green light to do what ever they want. There must be two sets of rules. Start paying attention and make notes. Some day you may be called on the carpet for doing what special ones get away with. Business as usual. :lol:

What's the difference if Ron Novis is, late, on vacation or on the job! Really!! Try to take it as a compliment. Your absence is noticed. His absence is appreciated by many.

Guest Guest 99
Has anyone noticed that certain people are allowed to basicly do what ever they please during working hours. But the amazing part is they are never once put on notice for it. Most employees are writen up for late punches shopping during woking hours or abuse of sick time. But there are those that are given a green light to do what ever they want. There must be two sets of rules. Start paying attention and make notes. Some day you may be called on the carpet for doing what special ones get away with. Business as usual. :lol:

What are you, 12 years old? Do YOUR job, mind your own business and no one will write you up.

Remember, most whines are made from sour grapes.

Guest Guest 99
I see that your aware of the situation that exists. Money for nothing get your checks for free. Oh! actually I'm eleven. ;)

The "situation" you speak of occurs in every workplace in the world. While it may not be right, my experience has shown that the complaintant is usually the least productive employee attempting to justify yet another way to avoid work. And, most of the people who seem to get the breaks are the productive ones who complete their assignments in a timely manner.

Imagine if they were rewarded with a monetary bonus instead of ten minutes to run to the bank. Then the "town criers" would be balling buckets. :lol:

Guest Guest

Name names or stop complaining.

Guest Guiding light

Your quick to name individuals so you must know who they are. feel free write them down. I'll let you know if your correct. You seem upset are you a privleged one. Have a nice day :lol:

Guest Guest
Your quick to name individuals so you must know who they are. feel free write them down. I'll let you know if your correct. You seem upset are you a privleged one. Have a nice day :lol:

Which poster are you refering to? Please quote posts so we can tell.

I see that your aware of the situation that exists. Money for nothing get your checks for free. Oh! actually I'm eleven. ;)

The "situation" you speak of occurs in every workplace in the world. While it may not be right, my experience has shown that the complaintant is usually the least productive employee attempting to justify yet another way to avoid work. And, most of the people who seem to get the breaks are the productive ones who complete their assignments in a timely manner.

Imagine if they were rewarded with a monetary bonus instead of ten minutes to run to the bank. Then the "town criers" would be balling buckets. :lol:

You are soooooooo right! The ones complaining are the ones that have lots of time to notice what everyone is doing except themselves. People that go the extra mile deserve to be treated better.

Guest you win

You are soooooooo right! The ones complaining are the ones that have lots of time to notice what everyone is doing except themselves. People that go the extra mile deserve to be treated better.

I must agree your right, there are those that go the extra yard and should be rewarded for their efforts. But this should hold true for all that give their best and little more. Would you agree? :D

Guest Guest 99

Most definetly. When a supervisor doesn't reward on a performance based level, rather picking favorites, some of the doers will begin to lag while the laggers will only continue.

I get a sense the original poster was, in his/her words, was "put on notice" and refuses to take the lead to improve themselves. Now everyone else is to blame, a common practice in the workplace.

Guest Guest 99
My point exactly. It always starts at the top. The choosing that is. Thanks :lol:

That all depends on what you mean by the top. A supervisor may allow a good employee a little leeway, but the department head or division manager doesn't need to know or approve it. So, it doesn't always start at the top.

In fact, most managers don't concern themselves with the minor everyday issues in a shop or office. They want results and delegate the job of oversight to the supervisor.

Guest Bottom line

If you consider this practice acceptable ok. But a good manager knows and makes sure he knows whats going on at all levels within the realm of his/her responsibility. The supervisors are the fingers on the pulse that keep him informed. You are right, in the private sector this works. But here! It is out and out abuse. But hey! you think this is ok, so be it. How many of you who are reading this get those perks where you work? Well have a nice weekend and keep paying those taxes so the chosen will continue to live the good life.. :angry:

Archived