Radical Left Haters

Guest Patriot

Note to the Christians:  this is how free-thinkers are able to exist in the world without Jesus.  We can admit our mistakes, apologize, and move on.

we admit when we are wrong, not like Christian fundamentalists, who know all the answers and condemn everyone else to hell.

This is in-your-face, but it isn't ad hominem, contrary to "guest's" rejoinder. There is a mode of thought associated with Christian fundamentalism, which renders it unthinking. In fact, not thinking is characteristic of it, and the reason is obvious: when one assumes that truth is strictly a product of what is written in a book somewhere, one is then inclined to dismiss everything that contradicts or isn't in the book. So I take GSUFC's comment as apropos to that destructive way of thinking.

At least equally important, why do people who call themselves "Patriot" and the like so often align themselves ideologically with people like Hitler? Do they really not see that the "patriotism" they espouse is antithetical to freedom, and therefore not patriotic at all?

Guest bik49ypik@yahoo.com
Well, this is an unexpected twist. Instead of making the ad hominem yourself, the whole post is simply pointing out someone else's ad hominem and praising it. You must be so proud of yourself.

Strife767 showed his true colors when he "implied my dead mother was a whore." This is the character of this person. He must be so proud of himself too.

Wishing someone would e-mail me *** ******** **** *** ******. My e-mail is on top if anyone would be so kind.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest a proud american
This is in-your-face, but it isn't ad hominem, contrary to "guest's" rejoinder. There is a mode of thought associated with Christian fundamentalism, which renders it unthinking. In fact, not thinking is characteristic of it, and the reason is obvious: when one assumes that truth is strictly a product of what is written in a book somewhere, one is then inclined to dismiss everything that contradicts or isn't in the book. So I take GSUFC's comment as apropos to that destructive way of thinking.

At least equally important, why do people who call themselves "Patriot" and the like so often align themselves ideologically with people like Hitler? Do they really not see that the "patriotism" they espouse is antithetical to freedom, and therefore not patriotic at all?

What can one expect from people who get their news from Fox. His ilk cannot draw the parralel of what you are trying to say since they believe that losing freedom in the name of self protection is a good thing. And anyone who disagrees is wrong and they are right. How would you rate them according to John Deans book. Perhaps these are the ones who have truly been brain washed and will never be able to see what is happening to them until it is too late. Fortunately most intelligent people knoe this guy is no partiot. A patsy maybe but no patriot.

Guest Steve_C
Ha !  I suppose we can credit your brilliant insight to the vast experience you've gained while watching CNN and swiging beer.  Loser.

This is otherwise known as the "LALALALALALAAA I'M NOT LISTENING TO THE FACTS!" method.

"If it ain't comin' from Fox it ain't true." :blink:

CNN does a piss poor job reporting what's happening on the ground too.

The security is so bad on the ground that reporters don't even leave their compounds. :unsure:

I suggest you all see the documentary "The Ground Truth". Soldiers tell their own stories of their experiences in Iraq and how the military has treated them when they return. :(