Tree Seminar

RonD

Have you been thinking of planting a tree in your front or back yard, but don’t

know what species to pick or where to locate it? Do you know why a picnic can be

so much more relaxing in the park rather than on the patio? Did you know Kearny

has a forest?

These and many other questions about trees and their benefits to the urban

environment will be answered at a presentation by the New Jersey Tree Foundation

and the Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions (ANJEC) on Tuesday, March 30, from 6-8pm at Kearny Town Hall. The topics for the night will

be,"Benefits of Trees in an Urban Environment" and "Selection and Care of Trees

in the Urban Garden", followed by a question and answer period. The event,

sponsored by the Beautification and Environmental Committee, is open to all as

part of our ongoing effort to educate and foster interest in beautification and environmental issues within the community. Committee members will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.

Guest Bellylaugh

Dear KOTW,

Don't assume, because you don't know that to be true. It appears that RonD had a witty enough reply without your comment, he's a big boy and can handle himself. So, let me get this straight. Flagman can insult people with racist remarks, calling them rice and bean eaters, without incurring your interest. But I make fun of someone for comments I feel is dorky (about trees no less) and you jump to his defense. Sounds like we got ourselves a couple of tree huggers here! :o:)

Dear KOTW,

Don't assume, because you don't know that to be true. It appears that RonD had a witty enough reply without your comment, he's a big boy and can handle himself. So, let me get this straight. Flagman can insult people with racist remarks, calling them rice and bean eaters, without incurring your interest. But I make fun of someone for comments I feel is dorky (about trees no less) and you jump to his defense. Sounds like we got ourselves a couple of tree huggers here! :D:D

Dear Bellylaugh:

You are correct. KOTW should refrain from making comments. KOTW should stick to monitoring the board rather than participating. Please note that although my post was after RonD's (some 2 minutes later), I posted my response to your post prior to reading his. You are correct, RonD did have a "witty response". Hope to see you at the tree seminar.

KOTW

Archived